Chapter 23

Marciano ran through the hospital and up to the main desk. His heart pounding and his nerves sky rocketing.  Please please let her be okay! He demanded to know where Camilla was and when they wouldn’t tell him he took the computer and looked her up himself. He scrolled threw the lists but security came and stopped him before he could find Camilla.

“Please! My wife was just in a car accident! Her names Camilla Moretti! I need to see her!” He fought off the security but the nurse put a hand up for the security to stop.

“She’s in room seven but sir- You can’t go in their!” Marciano didn’t bother with them. He ran down the hall ways looking for her room. When he finally found it he would be damned if they could get him out of it. He was about to reach of the door to her room when the doctor stepped out of it with a look of surprise.

“How is she? Is she okay? What happened? Where is she hurt? Is she conscious? Did she break anything? Is she suffering from trauma? Was she hurt badly? Will she-?”

“Slow down their son. She’s stable but she’s still unconscious. She has a really bad bump on the head. It might just be a bump or it might be worse. Calm down son. Listen she had minor bruising but she wasn’t seriously hurt during the accident. But we can’t be sure until she wakes up.”

“What happened?”

“It seems that someone was running a red light and hit the taxi on her side. Luckily for both her and the driver the guy only hit the passenger’s side along with the front. But a few inches to the left. She would have been part of the damaged car.”

“Oh god Camilla.” Marciano tried to get in the room but the doctor put a hand to his chest.

“Hold on. You can see her but you have to let us know when she comes around.” Marciano nodded.

“I will.” Marciano’s heart pounded as he opened the door and walked in. Camilla lay in the bed so still, so lifeless it shook him to the core. He sat down next to her without taking his eyes off of her. He lifted her hand up to his lips and kissed her for a few seconds. He put his forehead on her hand.

“Ti prego, ti prego. Rendono attraverso questo e giuro che farò quello che volete, per favore.” [Please, I beg you. Make it through this, and I swear that I will do what you want please.] Marciano shook. He didn’t know what to do. He couldn’t help her he had to sit there and wait for her to wake up. Marciano watched her for hours then he would rest for a few minutes but just stayed with her.

“Svegliarsi amore. Come on, please wake up.” [Wake up love]. He refused to leave her when the nurses tried to kick him out. The doctor came in and told the nurses to let him stay. He didn’t even notice when morning came. Constantinus came in with coffee.

“I thought you could use this.” Marciano nodded but didn’t touch it.

“Thanks.”

“Has she woken up yet?”

“No but she will. I know it.” Constantinus nodded.

“What are you going to do about these?” Constantinus pulled the divorce papers from under his arms. He laid them on the bed next to Camilla.

“I’ll deal with it when it comes to it.”

“I’m sorry for involving myself in your life. It wasn’t my place.”

“It wasn’t but you are my brother and I know you were looking out for me.”

“You know she’s good for you.”

“I’m glad you think so.” His dry tone wasn’t amusing to Constantinus.

“Look, I just wanted to make sure you were happy and not stuck with someone you didn’t care. For I knew you cared for Elena before so as a last resort I found her.”