Chapter 21

“I’m home.”

“Camilla your back! Where’s Marciano?”

“He’s with his family.” Camilla moved away from her Aunt and headed up the stairs.

“I have some dinner ready.”

“I’m not hungry.”

“But you had such a long trip-.”

“Aunt Izanne? I want to be alone right now.” She went up to her room and locked the door. Her Uncle came in an hour later but Camilla didn’t bother speaking. She just continued to stare at the ceiling. Gerold didn’t understand why Camilla was so upset. It had to be that boy. He pulled out his phone and called Constantinus.

“Yes?”

“What the hell happened?”

“They split up.”

“Where’s Marciano?”

“He’s here.”

“Put him on the phone.”

“He’s with Elena right now.”

“Elena? Who’s Elena?” Gerold heard a gasp behind him. Camilla stood in her door way wide eyed. She grabbed the phone from her Uncle with shaky hands.

“Elena’s dead.”

“No, she’s alive and reuniting with Marciano.” Camilla felt everything inside her shatter into a million pieces. She hurt so much but just endured it.

“I-I’m glad someone’s taking care of him.”

“I’d be best if you cut all contact from Marciano.” She couldn’t speak past the lump in her throat. She tried to breath but it hurt. She forced in a breath but the sob in her voice wasn’t something she could control.

“Yes.” She shoved the phone at her uncle then ran into her room.

“What the hell is going on? What did your brother do to my niece?”

“Nothing she didn’t want.”

“You son of a bitch!”

“I did my part by making sure they didn’t stay together. Now you deal with your niece.”

“I wanted them to have a clean break up not have my niece in pieces!”

“How your niece is taking this isn’t our concern anymore good bye.”  Gerold shook wanting to hit something but nothing around him seemed to be it for him.

“Gerold what did you do?” He took a deep breath and controlled himself.

“I tried to make sure Camilla wouldn’t be hurt.”

“There’s no way she wouldn’t have been hurt!”

“If-.”

“There’s no if about it! Your niece is broken hearted and hurting because of your medaling. You better pray she’ll forgive you.” Izanne opened Camilla’s room door and Gerold heard the sobs ripped out of Camilla. Camilla didn’t cry. She never cried. Had she really cared about this boy?

“Dear God what have I done?”

*****

“You were talking with Camilla?” Constantinus tried to move past Catherina but she was determined to know the truth.

“Were you?”

“I was, now move.”

“So everything I heard…was true?” He didn’t say anything.