Chapter 11

Marciano and Camilla made it down the stair but as soon as they were in the kitchen Marciano pulled out all the things they’d need from the refrigerator. Camilla got everything else. Marciano started to put mustered down on a sandwich when he stopped and spotted the small radio. He turned it on and dared her to tell him to turn it off. She walked over to the radio and raised it up.

“I love this song.” She started to do a dance while making the sandwiches but neither one of them made sandwiches for themselves. They made it for each other. Marciano pulled out some meat then threw out a few pieces before putting it on her sandwich.

“Hey don’t waste food.” He looked back at the trash can.

“I did?”

“Yes, but oh well their gone already just don’t do it again ok?” She smiled at him and started to pull out a small grill.

“Do you want a hamburger?”

“That sounds good, what about you do you want something else?”

“No what you made is exactly what I want.” He looked down at the sandwich drumming his fingers. He started to pace, why did he make her a sandwich he knew she’d like? Why did he get those feeling of getting the best pieces of meat for her? Why did he want her to only eat what he made? Why was she becoming the center of his thoughts? Marciano slammed his hand on the counter and made Camilla jump. She cried out and backed away from the grill. Marciano was at her side in an instant.

“What happened did you burn yourself?”

“Yeah but I’m fine its nothing.” He took her hand in his and inspected it. It was slightly red but nothing serious.

“I’m sorry.”

“It wasn’t your fault I should have been more careful now do you want to get some vegetables out? I could put them in the micro wave and steam them really quick.” He nodded but watched her for a second longer as she made the food for him. He saw her put the two done patties on the buns then place a third patty on the grill as she started to prepare his burger. He didn’t like when the cheese was melted on the burger and usually put it on after on top of the lettuce with a few pickles dressed with more ketchup then mustered. He watched her do exactly that. She turned toward him with the two done.

“I’m making you one more incase this doesn’t feel you up I know you don’t like a ton of vegetables but their good for you.” Why did this seem right? Marciano accepted the plate.

“Yeah.”

“You okay?”

“I’m fine.” The doorbell rang but he needed a minute alone.

“I’ll finish up here if you go get the door.”

“Okay.” She left and Marciano tried to figure out what was going on. He had to distance himself from her but every time he moved one step away from her she somehow was two steps closer. He lowered the music and tried to clear his thoughts while cooking.

****

Camilla hurried to the door but wasn’t ready for what was on the other side. She gasped as she opened the door. She couldn’t bring herself to speak as she saw the man.

“I’m looking for Marciano Moretti.” Camilla nodded but she couldn’t get over what she saw.

“Camilla who is it?” Marciano came behind her and blinked at who was there.

“Constaninus?”

“This is your big emergency you had to straighten out? I admit she’s cute but this is no excuse.”