If the Sky Falls ➳ Hal Mason

De just--me--

[Falling Skies Fanfic ➳ Hal Mason] At first, we all thought they were coming in peace, but that wasn'... Mai multe

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 17

1.5K 31 8
De just--me--

Hi! It's been a long time, since I updated, sorry about that. This story has more than 6000 reads and I really can't believe it! It's really amazing, I'll make sure to do something special to show you how much this means to me. Apart from that, the first comment or vote will have this chapter dedicated to them. Thanks for all the support!

< This is important so please read! I will update on Mondays :) >

"Hurry up Emily!"

"Why's all the hurrying, Avery?" I told as a finished to do a knot on Colton's shoe.

"I need to meet up with my friends and I promised Colton I would take him to his too," She responded.

"Let me just get my hair decent."

These kids can't even wait five minutes and I need to look good

"Can we get going? pleeease."

Avery placed her hands together and closed her eyes tightly as she talked.

"Okay, but make sure to grab a snack before you go with your friends."

"Can I stay and sleep at Sophia's room?" Avery asked.

"Don't push it."

"Sorry..."

I extended my arms and squeezed Avery.

"C-c-can I have a bear hug too?" Colton said.

He got up from the bed and stared at us with his eyes fully open.

"You don't even have to ask, come here."

Colton ran across the room and jumped into my arms.

"Bye, have fun and be careful," I screamed, but both of my siblings were already out of my sight.

I turned my whole body and walked towards the bathroom and fixed my hair in there.

My eyes closed slightly and my head tilted to the left as I watched myself in the mirror. My once shiny blonde hair was now damaged and a few cuts had appeared around my face.

I shook my head a couple times and got out of the bathroom.

No time for complaining about superficial things have much more important things to worry about

________

My feet move automatically through the hallways, people walked past me, but my mind was somewhere else.

What do I say? Could I possibly embarrass myself more than I had ever before? Does Hal know I have a miniature crush on him?

More and more questions filled my head and caused my collision with someone.

"Sorry, I was a little distracted."

"Goodmorning Emily, how is everyone?" Tom asked with his big smile.

"Good, thanks for asking. Have you seen Dai?"

"Yes actually, he is good, think he'll survive this." I scratched the back of his neck, just like Hal did.

"Really? That's great," My thoughts began to form once again. "I need to go, but tell me if you need anything."

"Bye, Emily," Tom said as he waved his hand.

_________

My bowl of cereal made a loud bang as it crashed with the table. I sat down facing a certain someone.

"Hi, sorry for not getting here earlier, Colton and Avery wouldn't let me get ready."

"Hey, those kids are going to make you insane, aren't they?" Hal asked.

"They definitely will, but I would do anything for them."

"So, what have you been up to?"

"I've had been most of my time taking care of the little kids, but some nights I go to the clinic and help around." I responded.

"That's great, are you friends with Lourdes?"

"Not really, we talk sometimes, but we are not close or anything. Why?"

"Nothing, just asking." He said lowering his voice.

"Okay, what have you been doing?"

"I've got most night watches and I help my dad and stuff," Hal sighed and smiled. "You should come more often to visit me at my night watches, you keep me awake."

"Are you using me for entertainment now?" He chuckled and moved his face closer to mine. "It would be great, I like watching the stars. They're bright and beautiful."

"Just like you."

"What?"

"What you heard," Hal smirked casually. "I have a to go, but see you around. Bye, Em."

Hal took his plate, placed it in the container and left. All that, while I was sitting with my mouth incredibly open staring as he left the place.

I'm pretty sure friends say to each other that they are beautiful, it's not a big deal

Who am I kidding? He thinks I'm beautiful!

I stood up from the table and started to do some dance moves, I was celebrating, and that was my way of doing it.

_____

An hour had passed since I talked with Hal and I was now sitting outside, wind blowing in my face.

I breath the pure air and exhaled with a huge smile on my face.

Relaxing...

"Hey..." Ben said surprising me.

He lay on the grass next to me.

"Hi, haven't seen you in a while," I told him.

"You have been pretty buzzy with everything."

"Hey, what's wrong?"

He was acting more strange than usual, and it concerned me.

"Nothing, I don't know." Ben sighed and looked at me. "I guess I just want to be useful, but I can't do much like Hal."

"You sure can, why don't you help with the food?"

He mad a weird face that made me laugh.

"I know pretty boring. I know! Go help uncle Scott, I think I heard him said he had no helper today." I told him.

"Actually that sounds great, you're great Emily. Bye!"

Ben hugged me quickly, got up the grass, and left.

"I'm happy to be helpful!"

______

With each step I took, I got closer to Dai. The moment he spotted, a smile appeared on his face. He was laying on the bed, with body bandages around his chest. The bandages needed to be changed, so I decided to do it myself.

If you want something to happen, do it yourself

"Hi Emily, how's everything doing?"

"Hello Dai, very good. The bigger question is, how are you?"

"Good, but better now that you're here."

"Good to know, I'll be coming more often. Mind if I change your bandages?"

"Not at all."

Dai and I had become good friends, we would always fool around.

I washed my hands and started to tread Dai. I was in taking his bandages off when Lourdes, Dr. Glass, Maggie, Hal and Jimmy stormed into the clinic.

Lourdes saw my actions and came towards me.

"Hi, Emily. I'll take it from here if you don't mind. I think they need you there."

She pointed at Hal as she turned to got out a few bandages.

"Thank you."

"See you later," Dai said.

I integrated myself in the group, everyone's body were tense and everyone, except for Dr. Glass, were holding their guns tightly.

"I don't believe this, Weaver is holding Tom in custody?" Dr. Glass asked without believing it.

Wait... What?

"Lieutenant Danner is watching him in the boiler room," Jimmy coughed, "Tom asked him about he was taking, he lost it."

"I'm not surprised," Hal said.

"What drugs?" I asked very confusedly.

"He takes pills, and now that's clouding their judgement," Hal explained to me.

"I don't think Weaver wants to hurt your dad, I don't know why he's doing this, but he's a god man," Jimmy said defending Wever.

"He is, but he's endangering all of us," I told Jimmy with a comprehensive smile.

"We gotta get my dad out," Hal said.

"Maybe I could help," Jimmy suggested.

"How?" I asked.

"Dr. Glass!" Lourdes screamed from the other side of the clinic.

"When you get Tom, bring him here," Dr. Glass told us before leaving to help Lourdes.

I looked at Dai, he started bleeding and was now unconscious. I started at him for a few minutes until someone spoke to me.

"Are you coming?" Jimmy asked me.

I nodded my head.

Jimmy motion us to follow him, and we did.

Make sure to vote and comment! Love you guys :)

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

369K 10K 37
"Suddenly, I found our faces so close together, I could feel his warm breath caressing my face. It smelt slightly of mint, and an undercurrent that w...
Invictus De Ellie

Ficțiune adolescenți

903 65 7
"Anybody who would get near her would turn into Icarus that came too close to the sun." •••• Those monsters conceal themselves behind a mask of norma...
1.4K 38 33
This story is "Honey I Shrunk The Kids" meets "The Book Of Eli".It is a game changing concept for the cataclysm and dystopian genera. Everyone expec...
65.9K 2.8K 35
*Book #1 In The Crashing Series* A long time ago, people used to think that Earth would be taken over by aliens. That we would all be destroyed from...