The Bad Batch - Mini Stories

By betheyes

A bunch of mini stories /one shots over a variety of settings. From modern to celestial to the wide universe... More

Plane - Part One (Alpha/Beta/Omega)
Plane - Part Two
Plane - Part Three = Final
Hold On (Tech x Echo)
Strong Heart (Wrecker x Crosshair)
A Miracle
A Warmth From Within
Things Left Unsaid (Tech x Crosshair)
Family Affair
Rogue (Brother's AU)
Perfect (Modern Au)
Make A Move
A Wish Provided by Happiness
Late Again (Wolffe x Howzer) & (Hunter x Crosshair)
A Protective Boyfriend (Fives x Crosshair)
His Surprise (Hunter & Omega - Father & Daughter)
The Ghost of the Desert
What are you waiting for?
The Forgotten One
The Fairground
Mission 672
The Birds and The Bees
The Period
The Crash
There is love behind hate but is there truth behind lies
Angel of Darkness
A Father and His Son
The Pain Behind His Love (Hunter x Crosshair)
The Beauty of Art
One of Us (Past Rex x Cody = Obi-wan x Cody)
Lay It Down Slow
Judas
The Pack's Omega (Alpha/Beta/Omega)
Marry Me (Obi-wan x Cody)
School Pickup Should Be A Much Simpler Job (Past:HunxCross-CrossxFivesxMayday)
Technobabble (Tech x Crosshair)
The Tables Turned
A Dark Punishment
It Isn't In My Blood To Surrender
A Protector
It's Not Murder When They Deserved It (Crosshair x Echo)
The Titan's of the Bad Batch
A Lost Commander And Captain
Our Sister (Siblings)
Sixth Sense (Brothers)
A Second Chance (Brothers)
Taxi Service (Hunter x Crosshair)
A Job is a Job at the End of the Day
Family Is Closer Than You Think...
ToothFairy (Siblings)
See What Tomorrow Brings (Mystery solved amongst siblings)
A Dark Entity (Alpha/Omega's scenairo)
I'm Not Sorry (Crosshair x Hunter)
This is Why We Don't Touch Artefacts Wrecker!
Middle of the Night (Crosshair x Hunter)
How I Met Your Mother? (Hunter x Crosshair)
The Darkest Betrayal
The Truth
Last One Standing (Echo x Crosshair)
Strange Desires (Wrecker x Crosshair)
A Sick Marksman
Times Trap
The Plan (Tech x Crosshair)
A Missing Member
Date Night and/or Goodbye
Unwanted, But Needed
The Silence Behind The Sniper
Enemy
Not the best news, but not the worst news...
A Protective Mother
Last Resort
Heart Made of Glass, Mind Made of Stone (Tech x Echo - Eventually)

Same Old Brand New

7 0 0
By betheyes

“You know you aren’t anything different than what you were from before the order” 

“I will take that as a compliment” 

“Really? We come to you for help and all you do is smugly sit there with your alcohol?” 

“What do you want me to say?” 

“That you will help! I’ve just told you Omega’s been captured and all you can do is sit around in imperial armour and roll your eyes. Technically it’s your fault she got captured after you left her alone” 

“Last I checked Hunter, she wasn’t my responsibility” 

“Kark off Crosshair, we saved you and when we need help, you just turn your back on us!” 

“Yes, now do you have a problem with that?” 

“Your a fucking coward!” 

“Big words for you Hun-ter” 

“Asshole, what if this was Tech? Echo? Wrecker? Would it be any different?” 

“No” 

“Really?! Are you that cold! We saved you and…” 

“Let’s make one thing clear, you ‘DIDN’T SAVE ME!’. I did that myself after you left me in Mount Tantiss after your initial save of both the kid and surprisingly Tech. So, I don’t see how this is my problem; you lost her, you get her back, simple” 

The cold vice words deeply hit the sergeant of Clone Force 99 who couldn’t help his next actions, Hunter lunged forward punching the marksman who never said a word, he didn’t even fight back as someone pulled Hunter off him. 

“Come on Hunter, he’s clearly not going to help. Leave the coward be” Gregor exclaimed, Hunter only shook his head throwing something at the marksman, a small skull with a ‘crosshair’ on the eyes. 

“If our brotherhood seriously meant nothing, here’s your badge. From now on, you aren’t permitted to be with the batch or the ship for the rest of your life” Hunter snarled, Crosshair barely looked at him as he stared down at the skull. Reality kicked in, he had been officially disowned and for once, Crosshair was fine with that. It was one way to be rid of the batch out of his life. 

Three days had passed by the time Hunter found a location dealing with Omega, who was being held by a group of imperial officers, their research containing several blood results and Omega being prodded with medical equipment. Putting together a team was tricky but Echo managed as it was him, Hunter, Wrecker, Gregor and Rex running this team. Tech was back on Pabu recovering with Phee watching over him. The engineer wasn’t happy to be grounded but managed to stay in contact and provide any information where possible. 

Echo sighed looking through his binoculars, he noticed the security had tightened as he was thrown over the wall by Wrecker, all of them landing silently after the demolition expert threw them up. Wrecker climbed over landing with ease beside Gregor who smirked at him. They would be splitting up; Wrecker and Gregor had to make a distraction while Rex, Echo and Hunter would head towards the courtyard where Omega had been spotted. She was being watched by a set of commando’s that were actually de-chipped and working for another, she felt safe around them especially since one kept checking on her when none of the imperials were watching.

“Wrecker, ready when you are…”

 “Wait, hold up on that” Rex ordered watching as Omega was directed towards another building but soon dived for cover as the imperials aimed at the commando’s who took aim without a second thought and saved Omega. 

“Now Wrecker! Looks like we have help!” Rex called into the commline, Wrecker laughed as the tower to the north exploded causing all alarms to go off. 

“Let the party start!” 

Wrecker’s go happy laugh had them all grinning as they hurried to help the commando’s who Rex recognised immediately as Delta Squad. 

“Bloody Hell it’s Captain Rex” one of them called out, Omega whipped around seeing Hunter, she immediately dived for his chest, he wrapped an arm around her whispering apologies.

“Commander…” Rex never finished as he was pulled behind some bigger cover. 

“He’s Boss, I’m Scorch. That’s Fixer and Sev. If you want to chat, we best get out of here first” A serious tone had Rex nodding as Fixer ignored him while Sev waved, shooting back at the imperials. 

“Good plan, Gregor…we need a distraction” Rex spoke into his commline. Footsteps from the right revealed to be Gregor and Wrecker, “Sorry we ran out of explosives and they called in backup, we were outnumbered” Gregor grunted out, landing next to Scorch who smirked at him, the two fist pumped like they knew each other. 

“Boss, fancy calling your kid?” Fixer whispered, Boss nodded as he pressed a button on his glove. 

“What was that?” Echo questioned, “Backup” Sev laughed as he replied, shooting back with ease. Echo and Hunter only shared a confused ‘look’ until a ship came flying in and the imperials never stood a chance, neither did any TIE fighters which when launched were blasted out of the skies. 

“You called for a pickup?” 

“Yes kid” 

“Not your kid but move to the west side, landing platform 4. I will meet you there” 

“See you soon kid” Boss was quick to reply into his ear piece, all of Delta Squad heard the conversation. 

“Come we don’t have long” Scorch ordered, ignoring Boss who rolled his eyes at his commando brother. 

The others were quick to follow with Omega in Hunter’s arms to speed things along, they barely reached platform four before they were swarmed with what was left with the imperial troopers. 

“Osik!” Sev cursed which had Omega turning her head in curiosity. 

“Language!” Boss scolded, Sev only shrugged his shoulders allowing Scorch and his turrent to take a step forward.

“Stand down by order of the Empire, you are all under…” 

The trooper speaking never finished as gunfire from a ship had all imperials diving for cover, a modified Omicron-class shuttle painted in orange and black appeared hovering beside them.

“Climb in Captain” Boss ordered, Rex nodded, directing the batch in once Delta Squad had climbed in. Wrecker and Scorch were the last two to climb in. 

“That was close” Scorch muttered, Boss nodded walking into the cockpit, he smiled seeing his pilot who only scowled. 

“Thanks for the help and keeping Omega safe” Echo immediately thanked Delta Squad who nodded, they all knew one thing. It was prompted by someone they knew very well. 

“It’s no problem but in all honesty we promised someone to keep her safe and we intend to keep that promise” Boss’ tone was nothing but stern, stubborn and serious. There was a hint of protectiveness in his voice. The batch and Rex could only share a look of confusion. 

“Can we ask who?” Echo questioned, Scorch only smirked beside Gregor who tilted his head at his friend. 

“Now that would be telling, Reg” 

All attention turned to a particular marksman who was leaning against the cockpit door with a hand on his hip, a toothpick in his mouth and a scowl on his face. He was still in his imperial armour but had not only the Firepuncher but another weapon hanging from his belt. 

“Cro-ss-hair?” Wrecker breathed out his name. Crosshair only raised an eyebrow, “You’re welcome. Now, I have places to be” Crosshair mockingly bowed, he then moved into the cockpit where Fixer and Sev were, the two landed the ship beside the Havok Marauder and another ship. Crosshair reappeared back into the body bypassing Boss who never said a word, all eyes watched as he picked up his helmet and pack. 

“Stay in touch, I mean ad’ika” Boss whispered, Crosshair rolled his eyes, surprising all but Delta Squad, he wrapped his arms around Boss who pulled him close before he pulled back.

“Be careful kid” Scorch added as Fixer and Sev had already spoken their words. 

“I always am careful” his words had Scorch smirking. Crosshair rolled his eyes, turning away from the ship he took a few steps down before another spoke. 

“Where are you going?” Hunter couldn’t help but ask. 

Crosshair glanced over his shoulder, “To kill some imperial officers” his words cold and blunt. Rex’s eyes widened, he went to say something when another did. 

“You will never change, you know that don’t you?” Hunter snarled out. 

“At least I don’t leave my own behind” 

The words hit them all except Delta Squad who smirked watching the marksman climb into his ship and go to close the door when another called out. 

“What if we need to contact you?” Omega called out, Crosshair only turned to face them all, “Like Hunter intended to say, I’m still the same old brand new you which means Tech still has my contact details”

He saw the confusion on many of their faces as he headed into the cockpit of his ship and he took control, the ship was in the air before anyone could say anything, piloting into the stars. 

“Wait…what?” Gregor turned to Boss who sighed. 

“He means that his plan for contact never changed, your engineer Tech, has his contact details because he is the only one Crosshair can still connect with. I just ask you to give my ad’ika time or I will come after you” Boss snarled out, ordering Delta Squad to get a move on. Rex was quick to exchange details as they all knew Delta Squad had one mission and that was to keep their kid safe. 

“Hunter, what does ad’ika mean?” Omega’s innocent question had the sergeant of the bad batch looking down at her. 

“It means little one, son or daughter. In Boss’ case, he’s calling Crosshair son which means we best not make that commando angry” Echo translated from his place beside Hunter who was frozen after he realised the hidden message behind Crosshairs words. Wrecker patted his back in comfort. They hadn't just lost their brother, Hunter had lost his best-friend who had been adopted into another family, one away from their own, one that provided stuff the batch couldn’t such as safety and love. Oh god, they really needed to get their priorities sorted. Family was the original motto in the batch along with ‘no brother left behind’ but it would seem his selfish mind had dismayed both of them and he had lost his best-friend. The once youngest was gone and more than likely never returning to the batch. It would seem Karma had finally caught up to him.

The End…

Short but sweet, needed some delta squad action! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

897 41 7
𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲 As the title suggests, this book contains one shots, specifically for the Bad Batch. Requests are open! You are welcome to include as...
17.5K 337 28
Previously known as Plo Koon gets to be a Dad (so the first few are about Plo Koon) This is just a ton of one-shots about families in Star Wars. I mo...
11K 258 20
An ex Jedi on the run with The Bad Batch. The Empire had taken everything from her. For the Jedi, she was too powerful, for the clones, she was a com...
15.8K 182 48
MHA/BNHA guys x reader one shots. No smut. SFW. Suggestions are welcome. Will do head cannons. Enjoy!!