The Gilbert siphoner

By natasha-mikaelson

Born as Anastasia Diana Blackthorn, she was the daughter of two powerful witches, Amelia Anderson-Blackthorn... More

Cast season 1
Pilot-1x01
The Night of the Comet 1x02
Friday Night Bites 1x03
Family ties 1x04
You're Undead to Me 1x05
Lost girls 1x06
Haunted 1x07
162 Candles 1x08
History repeating 1x09
The Turning Point 1x10
Bloodlines 1x11
Unpleasantville 1x12
Children of the Damned 1x13
Fool Me Once 1x14
A Few Good Men 1x15
Let The Right One In 1x17
Under Control 1x18
Miss Mystic Falls 1x19
Blood Brothers 1x20
Isobel 1x21
Founder's Day 1x22
Cast season 2
The Return 2x01
Brave New World 2x02
Bad Moon Rising 2x03
Memory Lane 2x04
Kill or Be Killed 2x05
Plan B 2x06
Masquerade 2x07
Rose 2x08
Katerina 2x09
The Sacrifice 2x10
By the Light of the Moon 2x11
The Descent 2x12
Daddy Issues 2x13
Crying Wolf 2x14
The Dinner Party 2x15
The House Guest 2x16
Know Thy Enemy 2x17
The Last Dance 2x18
Klaus 2x19
The Last Day 2x20
The Sun Also Rises 2x21
As I Lay Dying 2x22
Cast season 3
The Birthday 3x01
The Hybrid 3x02
The End of the Affair 3x03
Disturbing Behavior 3x04
The Reckoning 3x05
Smells Like Teen Spirit 3x06
Ghost World 3x07
Ordinary People 3x08
Homecoming 3x09
The New Deal 3x10
Our Town 3x11
The Ties That Bind 3x12
Bringing Out The Dead 3x13
Dangerous Liaisons 3x14
All My Children 3x15
Break On Through 3x17
The Murder of One 3x18
Heart of Darkness 3x19
Do Not Go Gentle 3x20
Before Sunset 3x21
The Departed 3x22
Cast season 4
Growing Pains 4x01
Memorial 4x02
The Rager 4x03
The Five 4x04
The Killer 4x05
We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes 4x06
My Brother's Keeper 4x07
We'll Always Have Bourbon Street 4x08
O Come, All Ye Faithful 4x09
After School Special 4x10
Catch Me If You Can 4x11
A View to a Kill 4x12
Into the Wild 4x13
Down the Rabbit Hole 4x14
Bring It On 4x16
Because the Night 4x17
American Gothic 4x18
Pictures of You 4x19
Revelation
She's Come Undone 4x21

Stand By Me 4x15

181 7 0
By natasha-mikaelson

February 5, 2011

*from now on I'm writing dates from the episodes, I'll change the dates for some, meaning many events, since a lot of things don't make sense (example, Hayley got pregnant in late March 2011 and gave birth to Hope on May 2nd 2012, so she was pregnant for over a year? it just doesn't make sense.)

3rd person POV:

In her room at the Gilbert's house, Ana was sitting on her bed looking at the picture of Elena, Jeremy and herself. She clearly remembered the day the picture was taken, it was the day before Elena and Ana began high school. Elena was 15, Ana was 14 and Jeremy was 12  almost 13 at the time.

She is looking at the picture with heartbroken expression, as she touches her brother's face on the photo tears began forming in her eyes as she starts crying for what felt like a hundredth time that day. As she cries her mind wonders to the moment when Stefan informed her of her brother's death.

Flashback to February 3, 2011

Ana was waiting together with Damon and Rebekah for others to come back. She was pacing back and fort waiting for others to come back, her pacing was driving Damon and Rebekah insane but thankfully Stefan arrived before they start yelling at the siphoner to stop pacing.

When Ana sees Stefan alone she starts asking him million questions. "There you are. Where are the other? What happened? Did you get-" She stops talking when she sees his face expression. He looked sad. "What happened?" She asks slowly. To be honest she was afraid of the answer to her question, but she had to find out what happened.  Stefan hesitates so Ana asks him again raising her voice a little. "What happened?"

"Katherine followed us, she fed Jeremy to Silas. Silas snapped his neck. He's gone I'm so sorry." Stefan tells her softly. Ana's knees buckled, and she sank to the cold ground of the cave. She felt disbelief. Jeremy, her annoying, fiercely loyal brother, little brother was gone. Her little Jer was gone. She had yelled at him, told him she was ashamed of being his sister. Now had a bitter taste on her tongue. Guilt was building inside of her, the last words she told her brother were the result of anger. She didn't truly meant them, he is-was her little brother, her Jer.

Soon guilt was replaced by anger. Anger and hate for Katherine and Silas. Katherine might have not killed him herself but she is a s guilty as Silas is.

Stefan, Rebekah and Damon couldn't do anything. All they could so is watch there friend break from the grief. All of their expression and emotions were different. The Salvatore brothers felt sympathy for the Gilberts sisters and Jenna. While Rebekah wasn't Jeremy Gilbert's biggest fan especially after killing her brother Kol, she did felt sympathy for Elena, Jenna and Ana. She might hate Elena she did feel sorry for the girl knowing she already lost so much. But she mostly felt sorry for Ana and Jenna. The siphoner and the vampire were the first true friends Rebekah had in a long time, they didn't judge her for who her family was, the accepted her even if they didn't have to and became her friends. She knew that they wouldn't be the same after the loss of Jeremy.

"Ana." Stefan says softly interrupting Ana's thoughts. She looks at him and he says. "Elena is in there with Jeremy, she is waiting for the Gilbert ring to bring him back to life." Stefan explains.

" I'll wait with her." Damon offers and in that moment realization hits her.

"Guys," Ana said, her voice trembling and everyone looks at her. "the Gilbert ring won't work because Jeremy was a hunter. That means he was supernatural. The ring won't bring him back."

They all look at her as realization hits them as well.

"Oh god. Elena won't survive this." Damon says and Ana can't help but agree, knowing Elena always felt sadness more than others. And now as a vampires that is even worse.

"Where is Bonnie?" Rebekah speaks for the first time, considering she didn't yes see the witch and Stefan didn't mention her.

"I have no idea. She went looking for Jeremy last night. She never came back." Stefan explains.

"We need to go back to Mystic Falls and someone needs to stays to look for Bonnie." Ana says her voice trembling a little, as she starts to stand up, her legs shaking.

"I'll find Bonnie. You guys go back to Mystic Falls." Damon says.

"I can stay to help you look." Rebekah offers then turns to the siphoner. "Do you need me to go with you back home with you?" She asks Ana and Ana shakes her head.

"Stay, I'll be fine." Ana tells the original vampire.

The Flashback end

Ana's POV:

I am interrupted from my thinking by a knock at the door. "Come in." I say quietly, but whoever it is could definitely hear me, considering everyone in the house except me are vampires and have supernatural hearing. The doors are open and I see Jenna walking in my room. I look at her and see that her eyes are also red and puffy from crying.

"Stefan called to come and he told me what happened." Jenna tells me.

"I'm so sorry, for not telling you myself. I just, just-" She cuts me off.

"You couldn't. I understand." She says as she sits next to me.

"Did Stefan tell you about the ring?" I say and she nods looking down. I guess she sees the picture that was in my hand and she takes it from me.

"I remember this day." She tells me smiling sadly.

"Me to." I say. "God that feels like another lifetime ago. I mean it was only 4 years ago."

"Yeah, it does."

"Where are others?"

"Stefan and Caroline are downstairs. And Elena is still waiting for Jeremy to wake up."

"She still-" I start but Jenna shushes me and nods her head.

"I'm gonna go downstairs, do you wanna come with me?"

"Yeah, you go. I just need to change my clothes. I've been in this clothes to long." I tell Jenna and she nods before leaving my room.

_____________________________________

After changing my clothes I head downstairs. As I pass Jeremy's room I see Elena next to Jeremy's bed where his body is laying on.  As I enter the kitchen I see Caroline dumping a bucket of water into the sink while talking with Stefan and Jenna.

"How long has she been like that?" Care asks.

"Ever since we found his body. She hasn't said anything except that she's waiting for him to wake up." I answer making my presence known.

"But he's not going to wake up. She knows that, right?" Care says and Stefan holds a finger up to his lips to silence her. He walks over to the sink and runs the tap, using the noise to cover their conversation.

"I think that deep down, she knows, but we're talking about Elena here. She feels grief more powerfully than anyone else. Her denial is the one thing protecting her from letting it all in." Jenna tells Caroline.

"But she can't stay like that forever."

"I'm aware, but I don't want to be the one to break her out of it, not until we know that Bonnie is safe, not until we get Damon over here to, you know--" Stefan says.

"You want to use the sire bond to convince her that everything is okay." I realize.

" I'm not in denial." Someone says and we all turn and see Elena joining us, as Stefan turns off the tap. "I know that he was supernatural, but did you see? His tattoo is gone. The tattoo had the spell that opened Silas' chamber. Maybe it being gone means that he's fulfilled his supernatural destiny. Maybe he's back to normal. It's possible, right?"

"Elena--" Jenna begins but Elena cuts her off.

"It's possible, Jenna. There's a chance. It may be miniscule, but it's hope and I'm gonna hold on to that hope with everything that I've got because there's no way that m-- " She pauses. "There's absolutely no way that my brother is dead. I'm not in denial." She turns and leaves the kitchen while the rest of us shares a look.

_______________________________________

After Stefan and Caroline told Jenna and me about Jer's body decomposing, I decide to wait for Meredith to come while Jenna went upstairs to be with Elena. When Meredith arrived I lead her to where Elena and Jenna are.

"Elena? Hi, Jenna." Meredith says.

"Hi." Jenna says.

"Meredith? What are you doing here?" Elena asks confused, she then looks at me. "Did you call her."

"Caroline did actually. But she was right to call her." I answer.

"I came to check on your brother. May I?" Meredith says as she gestures to the bed.

Meredith walks over to Jeremy's body and lifts his arm. "You're not gonna find any vitals. It's the same thing that Ric used to go through. He'd just be dead until then he wasn't. Once, I remember he was gone for almost an entire day" Elena starts to ramble "Ric died, like, 4 times before he lost his mind and Jeremy has died a few times, too...3, I think...so we're gonna have to..." she pauses when she hears Stefan enter the room "...so we'll have to keep an eye on him because I don't want him to go crazy just like Ric did"

Meredith glances at me, who gives her a small nod. Knowing that someone has to tell Elena the truth.

Meredith approaches Elena. "Elena...it looks like Jeremy died of extreme blood loss. His neck also appears to be broken. The lack of blood explains why there's no lividity, but his muscles have tightened past the point of rigor mortis" Meredith explains, trying to sound as simple as possible.

 "No." Elena shakes her head.

"If he's left unattended to, soon he'll start to bloat. Within a few hours, his skin will discolor, and--" Elena cuts Meredith off.

"No! He's...stop, okay?" She walks over to the bed "Just stop! He's not dead!"

"I need any of you to release the body to me. We'll get him to a funeral home and prepare him for a viewing where you and his friends can say goodbye to him" Meredith says and before Jenna or I could give her an answer, Elena rushes at Meredith and slams her against the wall.

"He's not dead, okay?" Elena shouts.

"Elena, stop it." I yell as Stefan and Jenna pull Elena away from Meredith.

Elena struggles against Stefan and Jenna  who are restraining her, her voice rising in hysteria. "Now you're all about science? Where was your science when you used vampire blood to save my life, huh? There is no science here! It's just magic! We need magic! We have to find Bonnie. Bonnie can fix this! Somebody just get me Bonnie..." Elena starts to shouts even louder.

"LENA, STOP!" I yell and she looks at me. "Look at him!" I tell her as I point at Jeremy "he isn't  breathing, he isn't moving. His skin is cold and starting to get blue."

"It's been almost a day" Jenna says softly. "Jeremy is dead, Elena! As much as I hate to admit, there's nothing we can do!"

"Elena--" Matt says as he enters the room but stops when he sees Jeremy's body.

Jenna, Stefan, Meredith and I decide to leave them alone.

"I'm bumping the A/C. We're not gonna be able to leave him in there for much longer." Meredith says.

"Thank you for coming." I thank her.

"Your welcome." I give her a small smile and leave the three of them.

____________________________________

3rd POV:

Bonnie, Elena, Caroline, Jenna, Ana and Matt are sitting at the kitchen table.

"It's called an Expression triangle. I need to complete it for Silas" Bonnie explains.

"What?" Matt asks.

Outside of the house, the Salvatore brothers are talking. "She's out of her mind, Stefan. The nutty professor's got her totally brainwashed" Damon informs Stefan.

Inside the house, Bonnie continues to explain the situation. "Bonnie, you can't kill 12 people" Ana tells the Bennett witch.

"I know it sounds crazy, but it's the only way to get enough power" Bonnie says.

"To do what?" Caroline asks.

Flashback, At The Island

 "When Silas was buried by the witch Qetsiyah, she left him with the cure and two choices...stay immortal and rot or take the cure and eventually die in there of old age" Professor Shane explains.

"He's been trapped in there for 2000 years. At some point wouldn't death by old age have been...better?" Bonnie asks.

"No because, you see, Qetsiyah had already one-upped him. She knew that he wanted to die so that he could find peace, be reunited with his one true love. So she created the Other Side as a purgatory for all supernatural beings, ensuring that if he died, he'd end up there forever. That's where you come in" Shane says.

"Why me?" she asks.

"Because you, as Qetsiyah's descendant, can make the Other Side go away" he says.

"How?"  Bonnie asks.

Flashback end

Outside the house. The Salvatore brothers are still talking.

"I mean, the whole flight back home, all she could talk about was how she's the one that can drop the veil between this side and the Other Side" Damon says.

"Drop the veil? What does that even mean?" Stefan asks.

"What it means is, the myth about Silas being able to raise the dead is not just one, or some. It's every supernatural being over there" Damon explains, with hint of fear in his tone. They stare at inside the house.

"Once the veil is dropped, the Other Side doesn't exist anymore. There's nothing separating us. We're all just one" Bonnie says inside the house.

 Outside the house, Damon continues to explain. "Three massacres, three hot spots, and the witch spell of the century, and every supernatural being over there is back with a vengeance" Damon says.

Flashback, At The Island

"I can't do that" Bonnie shakes her head, horrified.

"What? Oh no! Yes, you can! Yes, you can! All the witches, your ancestors who've been persecuted throughout time, your grams, Jeremy, they'll all be back. You can do this" Shane pauses for a bit and smiles "You will do this"

Flashback end

"Bonnie, you are talking like a crazy person. You are not killing 12 people, and you sure as hell can't invite every monster who has ever died back into this world" Caroline says.

"Caroline, I think she knows that" Jenna says.

"I can do it! I have the power! We can bring everyone back...Jeremy, Alaric, Vicki" Bonnie insists sand an argument takes place.

"Bonnie, stop it! You can't just say these things" Caroline snaps.

"It's gonna be fine..." Bonnie continues, almost in a daze. The phone rings.

"I'll get it!" Elena stands up.

"Elena, I'll get it..." Matt starts but Elena cuts him off.

"I said I'll get it!" She answers the phone just as Damon and Stefan come back inside "Hello?"

"Elena? It's April...Young. Um, I was looking for Jeremy, his cell phone keeps going straight to voicemail" April says from the other line.

"Jeremy can't come to the phone right now. He's not..." Elena pauses "...I'm sorry. He's dead" She hangs up and walks out of the room,

Ana's POV:

I watch as my sister walks upstairs. I tell Matt to take Bonnie home as Caroline, Stefan, Jenna and I wait for Damon to come back from upstairs.

"Where's Bonnie?" Elena asks as she comes downstairs.

"I told Matt to take her home. I thought it'd be best." I explain.

"Okay. I guess we're gonna have to do this the old-fashioned way." Elena says and we look at her confused.

"Do what?" Caroline asks.

"Put his body on the couch." Elena instructs Damon who has arrived downstairs." Ernagoes into the kitchen and starts opening and closing cabinets.

"Elena? Elena, you need help finding something?" Jenna asks.

Elena takes a bottle of lighter fluid out of a cabinet and start squirting it over the counter. "Got it." She says.

"What are you doing?" Stefan gasps.

"We need a cover story, right? You think I didn't hear you guys talking earlier?" Elena says as she continuing to squirt the fluid everywhere. "Well, what are we gonna say...animal attack, 'tumbled down the stairs?' No! We burn the house down with him inside of it" Elena says.

"Elena, stop it." I say raising my voice.

"Why? Because you want me to not be in denial? You want me to face the truth? This is the truth, guys. I don't want to live here anymore! I don't want these sketches!" Elena sprays them with lighter fluid and kicks something "I don't want this Xbox!" She throws down the empty bottle and reaches into a cabinet. "Not gonna need this bourbon anymore. Alaric's not here to drink it, I mean, unless you guys are willing to bring back every supernatural creature on the Other Side to get him back" she turns to Damon "Would you? I know you want your drinking buddy back" she walks towards him "Would you, Damon? Because I wouldn't"

"Elena you can't burn the house down." I yell her at the same time as Care shouts "Elena, stop it. You're scaring me!"Elena takes down a picture frame from the fireplace mantle.

"What else are we supposed to do with the body?" Elena shouts . "I mean, there's no...there's no room in the Gilbert family plot" she throws the frame down on the floor and the glass cracks "John took the last spot" she throws the empty bottle of bourbon against the wall and it shatters, then grabs a match from the mantle and lights it."No, no, Elena." Stefan says.

"Elena, stop." Jenna says desperately."There's nothing here for us anymore, Stefan!" Elena shouts, her tears overwhelming her "Every inch of this house is filled with memories of the people that I love that have died, my mom, my dad, Jeremy, and Alaric, John, even John. I mean, they're all dead. Everyone is dead! So what am I supposed to...I mean, how am I gonna...I can't even...there's nothing left for us..." the flame had burned down on the match and started to burn Elena's hand "AAH!"

She drops the match but thankfully Damon vamp-speeds over to catch it before it can ignite on the lighter fluid everywhere. Elena sobs and starts to crumble. 

"Damon please do something." I tell Damon as my hearth breaks for my sister.

"Elena, I need you to calm down." Damon pleads softly.

"No, no, no, I can't. I can't. I can't. I-- " She falls to her knees, immeasurable pain and grief distorting her face. She grabs at her head. "No. It hurts. It hurts. Just make it stop. Please make it stop. It hurts. " She continues sobbing loudly.

"Damon...Help her." Stefan says.

Damon crouches down next to her and pulls her to him."I-- I-- " Elena cries.

"I can help you! I want you to let me help you" Damon says and Elena shudders as he touches her face. She sits up, pulling away as Damon gently caresses her cheeks and smooths her hair back "I can help you!"

"How?" She whispers as she asks.

"Turn it off." Damon says and my eyes widened.

"What? No, no." "No!" "You can't do that." Stefan, Jenna and I says at the same time.

Damon holds up a hand to stop us from intervening."Just turn it off, and everything will go away. That's what you have to do. It's what I want you to do. Just turn it off." Damon says in a light tone.

We watch as Elena's tear-stained face turns utterly expressionless and still. The light leaves her eyes, as if something had died inside of her. Which I guess it did, her emotion died.

_________________________________________

After Damon had Elena turn her emotions off, I decide to take walk around the street needing some air and Jenna joins me. But not before telling Damon and Stefan to make sure Elena doesn't burn the house down.

As Jenna and I walk back towards the house, I see the house on fire. I start running towards it, but stop hen I'm near.  Everything seems like in slow motion as I think about everything that burning together with the house.

My things, Blackthorn supernatural documents, family pictures, Jeremy's sketchbooks...

Nothing left but my memories.

I closed my eyes hoping that they were playing a trick with me, but when I opened them I still saw my house burning down.

I watch as my entire life burn down in flames.

I feel someone hug me as they sat with me on the ground, from the smell of perfume, I recognize the person as Jenna,

I get up from the floor and walk towards Elena, who is watching the entire thing with no emotions one her face.

"What have you done?" I yell at her. "Who allowed you to destroy my life, my memories, my things!" I continue to yell at her.

"Ana." Stefan says softly as he approaches me.

"You don't get it Stefan. She destroyed everything. Mine, Jenna's, our parents, Jeremy's things. She destroy all of their thing and she doesn't even care." I fall to the ground sobbing. "She doesn't care." I cry and Jenna hugs me and let's me cry in her arms as she comforts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.2K 457 22
"𝑹𝒖𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒐𝒕, 𝑯𝒆 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒑." - 𝑻𝒂𝒈, 𝒀𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆...
327K 8.3K 54
Rosalie Salvatore was the youngest Salvatore sibling, unfortunately she died due to burning at the stake in 1864. It's 2010 and the brothers look thr...
654K 16.9K 75
"You feel no remorse do you? You don't feel remorse for the people you've hurt, the people you've killed. They're just things to you." "That's not tr...
6.4K 207 30
After a case of mistaken identity and being in the wrong place at the wrong time, Amelia Thatcher is kidnapped by vampires Rose and Trevor. When the...