When Bad Boys Fall II

Kaykay_is_vogue

When Bad Boys Fall II is a spin-off to the first book of this series. ••• Lucas and Jackie finally had their... Еще

Introduction
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thiry-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy
Seventy-One
Seventy-Two
Seventy-Three
Seventy-Four
Seventy-Five
Seventy-Six
Seventy-Seven
Seventy-Eight
Seventy-Nine
Eighty

Sixty-Seven

538 26 3
Kaykay_is_vogue

Lucas' POV

A few weeks later.

Coming back to Atherton felt strange as I drove through the quiet neighborhood. It was still the same. Not that I was expecting any major change, seeing I have not been around for a short amount of time. Also, I wanted to surprise Jackie today. The last time I saw her was after the day she left the hospital, and I was excited to see her. I needed to be around her now that she was going to go into labor any day from now.

As I got close to our house, my chest tightened. As much as we were being careful with our current state of relationship, I was nervous of what she would think of me coming back or at least staying with her for a few days. I was glad that I told her to stay in our home instead of staying with Andrea so it would be easy for me to come see her without someone holding a knife to my back. I was actually happy that Jackie had people who were there for her, despite the history between the three of us.

I arrived and slowly parked in front of the house then relaxed against my seat, taking in the view of the house. Nothing changed, it was still the same, but I knew that walking into the house would make me feel like a stranger in my own home.

I turned off the car and picked up the stuffed animal and the bouquet of red roses on the passenger seat. I smiled at them and got out of the car then locked the car. I stood for some seconds before I started to make my way toward the front door. When I got to it, I was torn between knocking on the door or walking in. Legally, the house belonged to me and Jackie and seeing the way our relationship was, I needed to knock.

I raised my fist and moved my hand to knock only for the door to swing open. Jackie looked up and visibly stood stiff at the sight of me.

"Lucas?"

I waved the suspended hand at her, and she eyed me up and down before relaxing her features. I could not help but take her in. My heart fluttered just at the sight of her. She was still so beautiful with her cute baby bump. She had a glow on her that made me feel even more attracted to her and if we were still with each other, I could have told her how beautiful she was while kissing every part of her.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, breaking my trance.

I blinked. "Uh... I... I came to see you and I got you this."

I thrusted my hand that was holding the stuffed animal and roses at her. She looked at them for a few seconds before smiling and taking them from me. She muttered her appreciation and sniffed the roses, only to gag and cover her mouth. She hunched over and rushed back into the house. I stood in, shocked and worried.

Did the flowers hurt her?

At that, a wave of fear filled me, and I rushed into the house. I ran toward the stairs anf froze when I heard more gagging sounds coming from the kitchen. I ran back and rushed into the kitchen where I saw her leaning against the sink, washing her face. I hesitantly approached her and placed my hand on her back. She raised her body and looked at me through the locks of hair shielding her face.

"Are you okay?" I asked with a fast-beating heart full of fear.

She nodded and I bit the inside of my cheek.

"I thought the morning sickness stopped?" I asked and she moved away from the sink to the island and sat on one of the stools.

"It's due to the fact that I will be in labor any day from now...my body has been having the worst type of fever and restlessness. I've been wanting to throw up for days now... So, thanks for the flowers."

The tension in my chest lessened and I chuckled then sat beside her.

"What are you doing here though?"

"I wanted to be here for you through the last stage of your pregnancy," I replied, and she flushed. "Uh... Are you lacking anything in the house?"

"No... The only thing worrying me right now is the baby's room. Paul already stays in one and I don't know what to do with the baby's room. The design and all."

I stayed quiet as I thought of what to do. I could surprise her with the baby's room. I wanted to do everything that would make her happy and if she told me to jump off a bridge, I would. I was that desperate to make everything right... for our relationship.

"Paul will be staying with my mom. Andrea will be arriving in a few days to stay with me."

Was I not needed?

She gave me a look before she rolled her eyes.

"I already know what you're thinking but no... Anyway, I have to head to school for some registration for the new session."

Classic Jackie Garner. She was the nerd I fell in love with after all. She was on the verge of giving birth and she still thought of school.

She got off the seat and patted me on the shoulder before walking away. Once she was out of earshot, I pulled out my phone and started looking up stores online that sold baby room items. I found a lot and started to scroll through the perfect color palette for every item. I bought a bed, a shelf, some toys, curtains, rugs, baby chairs, diapers, and clothes then some blue and white paints. Once I was done, I ordered the items and smiled, feeling satisfied.

With those on their way, I went upstairs and walked into the unused room. It was perfect and faced the airy part of the room. I walked into the room and in my mind's eye, I started to picture me and Jackie taking care of our son in the room. It made me smile goofily before I furrowed my eyebrows when I heard babbling coming from outside the room.

I walked out of the room and craned my head to hear where the sounds were coming from. My eyes darted to the door adjacent to where I was standing. I walked over to it and opened the door and the first thing I noticed was the bright yellow painting of the room full of toys, a baby bed, a bed for an adolescent. The room was different from what was here before and I wondered if this was our son's room until I spotted Paul, sitting on his bed.

My heart warmed at the sight of him staring at me with wide curious eyes and tiny hands gripping the railings of his bed as he stood on the bed. I approached him and pinched his cheek, making him grin, showing me his two front teeth. My heart melted at the sight of them and how cute he looked.

"Hey, little man. How are you?" I asked and he said something in his baby language then stretched his arms out. I took that as a sign and lifted him into my arms.

I hissed when he immediately grabbed my hair and pulled at it. I groaned and forced his hand away from it and glared playfully at him.

"Really, little man? Is that a way to say hi? Don't tell me this is what you do to my girlfriend," I said to him as if he understood what I was saying.

I think he did because he started to babble and form spittle at the same time. I spotted a face towel hanging on the railing of his bed and took it then wiped his mouth. After I was done, I made my way to the white couch in the corner of the room and sat on it. I sat him down on my lap and stared at him. If anyone would look at us, they would think he belonged to me biologically.

Cindy abandoning such a cute baby made me feel bad and I hated how Jackie was forced to take care of something I started. The guilt in me made me want to hit myself so hard. Jackie deserved the best and I would understand her if she chose not to end up with me. She deserved someone better than me after all the shit I put her through.

Staring at Paul, I wished I could put him up in a shelter, but he was so young and the fact that he could probably grow up thinking no one cared for him made me feel bad. I felt this was because of the way Jackie and I grew up, which is why we could not let Paul be without parent figures. Cindy was a bitch, but the baby did nothing.

"So... your mom, Jackie, told me the other day that you say mama..." I cleared my throat and pulled him close until we were face to face. "Are you going to start calling me...dada?"

The blank look he gave me made me laugh. It was almost as if he was mocking me. I put him back on my lap and leaned into the seat.

"Don't worry, you will soon and also, mommy's going to give you a little brother... I hope you two grow up with a bond... None of that shi—"

"Don't swear, Lucas."

I sat upright at the sound of Jackie's voice. She was standing at the entrance of the room, arms crossed and giving me a pointed look.

"I'm sorry, ma'am," I said, and she burst out laughing then walked into the room. "Just don't do it again... Paul has started to pick up on certain words and tends to repeat them so...please."

"Noted."

She stood before me with her hands open in front of me. I eyed them before looking at her.

"I need to feed him, give him to me."

In her condition? I think the fuck not.

"I'll handle it... You go rest," I said and stood with Paul.

She pouted and crossed her arms. She was the least intimidating right now with how cute she was looking in my sweatshirt and pants. She looked so adorable, I wanted to kiss her rosy cheeks.

"Come show me how to make his meal, woman."

"Say that one more time and I'll make you regret that."

I poked my tongue out at her, and she raised her tiny fist. I laughed and walked past her. Cute.

| | |

A few hours later, I was done painting our second son's room. I was so exhausted I could pass out. Jackie was not home until later in the evening and I had the whole house to myself before surprising her. I didn't know I could paint so well though and I was happy with the outcome.

I washed up in the room's bathroom and left it then went to our bedroom. On entering the room, memories of our time in the room flooded my mind. All the nights she would wake me up to get her something to eat, the nights she would be up studying, the days she would wake up pissed from mood swings and the days and nights we made love.

I missed her so much.

I sighed and went into the walk-in closet then changed into some of my clothes then left the room to the living room where the other items were. I had a bed to craft together and some furniture too. Painting the room took every ounce of energy from me but I didn't mind working until I passed out.

With that, I went to work, doing my best to make the best crib and by the time I was done, the paint in the room was dry and I lifted everything to the room, where I began to set up the room.

It took a few changes before I was done, and I loved my work. The room came out perfect in every corner. The toys on the shelf and in the baskets made me giddy for the day he will play with them with his brother. The crib was my best work and it made me so excited to see what Jackie would think.

My phone rang in my pocket, and I took it out and brought it to my face. Jared was calling. I wanted to ignore his call because I had a feeling it was related to work but I also needed to know what was going on in Rochester, especially with how my uncle was close to knowing about my company. I hesitantly answered the call and waited for him to speak.

"Hey, man. There's a problem here... I know you want to spend time with Jackie but two of our top investors are pulling out. They said Hamilton Inc is giving them a better offer to be investors. I think your uncle knows. You have to come down right now."

I ended the call as anxiety filled me. This company was just an infant, and any slight shift or mistake would cause its death. I knew nothing about handling business, only a few tricks here and there. Jared was right, I had to go back at the same time, I wanted to be here with Jackie.

I kissed my teeth and settled with a solution. I would go to Rochester and handle the issue for a few days then come back to Atherton. With that decided, I grabbed one of the colored papers from the shelf and a pen then wrote a note for Jackie and left it on the table.

I took one last look around and left the room.

| | |

Once the meeting was over, my head ached so bad I could barely move. Food barely was in my system and because I used most of my strength on making the perfect room for our son and now a meeting that didn't end well. Hamilton Inc succeeded in getting the higher investor while the other chose to stay due to me compromising. At this rate, I was going to go bankrupt and not make enough from my end as a profit.

I checked my watch and read the time—9:38PM. I wondered if I could make it back to Atherton. I needed to know if Jackie had seen the room and the note. I have not gotten a text from her or a call and that worried me and made me anxious.

Once my secretary packed up her things and told me goodnight, I nodded and watched her leave the conference room. I picked up my room, getting ready to call her when an incoming call stopped me. It was an unknown number.

I answered it and placed the phone against my ear.

"Hello?"

"It's me, Andrea... Jackie is in labor."

I sat up from my seat in shock. Jackie was about to give birth to our child. Fuck!

I ended the call and rushed out of the room, running like a headless chicken. I was confused, happy, scared and worried. Our child came earlier than expected. I was happy because we would finally see our baby. I was scared because all the books and videos I have read and watched told me the chances of childbirth giving the mother several physical and psychological problems. I was worried because I was not there by her side.

I rushed into the elevator when a wave of sense hit me then pushed the lobby button. I opened my browser and checked for any available flight to Atherton.

Everything around me froze and stood still.

Not one flight was available for take-off until the early hours of the next day and that meant I would probably not be there in time for our child coming into this world.

"What do I do?"

A/N: For readers on Radish and Dreame, I might publish a chapter 71 today or tomorrow. 

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Cherry Locked (Book One) ChrissyQueen

Любовные романы

153K 21.4K 70
A flirty bartender entraps two men, an average guy and a billionaire. She's sought after by both men, who desire her. Madison Hart is outspoken, dete...
17 Made Mistakes Daria Bacza

Художественная проза

104K 7.1K 50
So hot that you'll read with the fans on. So dark that you'll keep the lights on. So addictive that you won't be able to quit. The summer of made mis...
Falling for the Bad Boy Ifeoma❤

Любовные романы

897 78 9
Alyssa is book smart and clueless when it comes to things in the outside world. All she cares about are her grades and why should she bother about an...
When Bad Boys Fall Iren KayKay

Любовные романы

3.5M 97.2K 129
T E A S E R: "Open your mouth," he whispered and I looked at him in confusion. "Open your mouth, Jackie." ••• When Bad Boys Fall is a Standalone from...