What The Heart Wants (Sebast...

By AlwaysSeb

Jessie was sweet, petite, sexy as hell and everything that Sebastian Vettel had ever wanted, but she was out... More

Prologue
1. There's Something About Jessie
2. There's Something About Seb
3. The Beginning of a Friendship
4. The Wrong Man?
5. Cold Feet?
6. For Better, For Worse
7. Cracks In The Pavement
8. Misery Business
9. You've Got A Friend
10. Bad Blood
11. The End Is The Beginning
12. Love Don't Lie
13. I'll Be There
14. An Early Morning Start
15. Starting Over
16. New Opportunities
17. Indianapolis
18. Jealousy
19. Finally
20. Together
21. Loose Ends
22. Honesty
23. Welcome Home
24. We Found Love
25. Meet The Parents
26. Birthday Surprises
27. The Dotted Line
28. Meet The Parents...Again
29. Going Public
30. Letting Off Steam
31. Team SV5
32. A Birthday To Remember
33. Back In The Driving Seat
34. Aloha Christmas
35. Christmas Bells, Wedding Bells
36. Their Wedding Night
37. New Years Eve
38. 2023 Driver Line Up And Calendar
39. Back In Red (1)
40. Back In Red (2)
41. The Start of Something New
42. Don't Get Mad, Get Even
43. For The Rest of Our Lives
44. Aftermath
45. First Steps To Recovery
46. Last Minute Nerves
47. Ups and Downs
48. An Anxious Wait
49. Back On Track
50. Confrontation
51. Surrender
52. Broken
53. A Shoulder To Cry On
54. A Birthday And A Bombshell
55. Back To You
56. Losing Control
57. Season End
58. Winter Break
59. Dare To Dream (1)
60. Dare To Dream (2)
61. 2024 Driver Line Up And Calendar
62. Preparations
63. Testing Times
64. The Perfect Start
65. Welcome to The World
66. A Family At Last
67. Meet The Grandparents
68. Left Holding The Baby
69. Welcome Home
70. An Old Friend
71. Mollie's Debut
72. The Complication
74. In Sickness And In Health
75. Paradise
76. Forza Ferrari
77. A Bali Break
78. Revenge of the Ex
79. Fight For Life
80. This Time Means Forever
81. Date With Destiny
82. When A Child Is Born
83. Epilogue

73. Their Little Secret

500 45 49
By AlwaysSeb

"Make sure she rests Laura!" Seb instructed his mother in law eight days later.   He was soon to leave for Canada and Laura was going to be staying to help Jessie with Mollie.

"Don't worry Seb, I'll make sure she doesn't lift a finger," Laura reassured him.  Seb smiled.  He hated leaving Jessie and Mollie,  but he felt better knowing that Laura was there. 

The last eight days had been surreal.    Jessie had stayed in hospital for another two nights, and then after more blood tests and another ultrasound she'd been discharged with instructions to take it easy. To both of their delight the baby still seemed to be thriving, although they knew it was still very early days.

The baby. Seb smiled as he thought of their little mousling, as he'd taken to calling the baby, growing inside Jessie. He sometimes wondered if this was all a dream, and he knew that Jessie felt that way too. This had never been something they'd thought would happen. They'd never once thought they'd conceive naturally. It really was a miracle. A miracle that only the hospital staff, and he and Jessie knew about.

After that first ultrasound they'd had a heart to heart and decided that it would be best to keep their news to themselves for now.    Once they'd had their twelve week scan, which they'd since arranged for the day before Seb's thirty seventh birthday, they would break the news to their families. 

Both sets of parents were already due to be arriving on Seb's birthday.  They'd be staying for five nights and attending Silverstone with them. 

The plan was to hold a barbecue on Seb's birthday where they would reveal the pregnancy.  Jessie had already had several ideas on how to do it. 

"I'm going to miss you so much!"

Seb snapped out of his thoughts at the sound of Jessie's voice.

"I'm going to miss you too," he told her, crouching down by the side of the sofa upon which she was laid. "I'll be back Monday, and I won't be leaving for Barcelona until the following Wednesday."

He leant forwards and kissed her softly.  He then glanced around and saw that Laura was busy with Mollie.  "Take care of our little Mousling," he whispered in her ear. 

"I will," Jessie replied, putting her hand protectively on her stomach. 

Seb straightened up and walked over to Laura, who was now over by the window.  He took Mollie out of her arms.

"Now Mollie Moo, Papa has to go now but he'll soon be back.   You look after Mummy for me baby girl."  He kissed the top of her head and felt his eyes welling up with tears.   He hated leaving them, even more so now Jessie was pregnant.

Mollie began to cry, it was almost as if she understood that her Papa was going away for a while.

Seb wondered, not for the first time, why he was still doing this. He loved racing, he really did, but was it really worth being away from his family?    Then he thought of how he'd felt when he'd won his world titles.  It had always been his dream to feel that way whilst wearing the red of Ferrari.   It still was his dream.   Wasn't it?

He'd just have to make it happen, then he could retire,  fulfilled. 

"Come here little one," Laura said, holding her arms out to take Mollie back from him.  "Papa has to go drive brum brum cars."

Seb reluctantly handed his daughter over. 

"I'd much rather be here with my girls," he admitted. 

"Oh Seb, I'm not exactly a girl anymore, but I'm touched," Laura said, earning a laugh from Jessie. 

Seb rolled his eyes.   He then kissed his mother in law on the cheek. 

"Oh Laura, if only I'd met you first, and I was thirty years older," he told her.   Jessie snorted again and then winced in pain. 

"Are you ok kleine maus?"

"Yeah, just a twinge.   You'd better go or you'll be late collecting Martha."

He crouched down and kissed her again, this time a little more passionately.   

Jessie felt like she had a lump in her throat when Seb finally broke the kiss.  She had to try not to cry!    Soon she'd be better and she'd be going with him again.  Until she got too pregnant to fly that was. 

As she watched Seb walk out of the room and heard the front door open and close she began to weep softly. 

Laura laid Mollie down in her pram and went to comfort her daughter. 

"It's ok sweetheart.    He won't be gone long.  He'll be back before you know it.   Me, you and Mollie can have some girly days."

"It's not just a case of me missing him..."

"I know.  You've had a hell of a week or so haven't you sweetheart?"

And you don't know the half of it, Jessie thought to herself.   

Part of her really wanted to tell her Mum about the baby, to share her excitement, and to discuss her fears, but she and Seb had agreed.   They would wait until she was twelve weeks.  

She thought about how happy both their families would be when they did find out. 

If you don't lose it, a tiny voice inside her head said.  

"Now would you like me to get you anything?" her mum continued.  "Something to eat? Drink? Painkillers?"

Jessie shook her head.   "I think I'm going to have a nap," she said. 

"Ok Jessie, I expect you didn't sleep much overnight with the pain.  Why don't you go on up to your room?  You'll be more comfy there than on the sofa. Don't worry about Mollie. Her and her Nanna are going to have some fun!"

Jessie nodded and carefully stood up.  Her mum was right.   The pain had woken her more than a few times throughout the night.  She also knew that the pregnancy was probably adding to her tiredness. 

She climbed the stairs slowly and got into bed.   She placed a hand on her tummy.    She knew she was pregnant.  She'd seen the test results.  She's seen the ultrasounds, but it was still hard to believe.   She didn't feel pregnant.  Maybe when her bump began to show it would all finally seem real.

She picked up Seb's pillow and wrapped her arms around it.  Burying her face in it, she inhaled his scent.   Just six days, she told herself.  Six days and he'd be home again.

                         ***

Jessie opened her eyes and turned over, smiling as she looked over at the Moses basket by the side of the bed.

Mollie was still fast asleep, her little hands clenched into fists on each side of her head.

She'd grown so much that Jessie knew it would soon be time to move her to her cot in the nursery.

She'd slept through the night for the last three nights, which had been a blessing. It had meant Jessie had had plenty of rest. The pain was getting less, which was a big relief.

She did however have a new problem. Well, not a problem as such, just something that she had to try and hide from her mother.

The morning after Seb had left for Canada her morning sickness had started. In one way it was good as she now felt pregnant, but if her mum got suspicious it would spoil the surprise.

Luckily the sickness wasn't too bad. After vomiting once each morning she felt fine. Her mum had only heard her once, and she'd managed to blame it on the side effects of her painkillers.

She sat up smiling as she remembered what day it was. Monday. Seb would be home later that day.

He'd only finished fourth in the Canadian Grand Prix the day before so she knew he'd be a little bit moody, but she couldn't wait to see him, to kiss him, to feel his arms around her again.

She loved her mum but she couldn't wait for her to go home so she and Seb could talk about the baby. It was all beginning to feel real to her now.

Then all of a sudden it felt even more real. A wave of nausea washed over her.

Putting her hand over her mouth, she got out of bed and made a dash for the bathroom.

***

Despite Jessie's insistence that she felt fine Seb insisted that she and Mollie stayed home for the next two races.  He didn't want her overdoing things.  He'd told her that as much as he'd miss them he'd feel better knowing she was resting at home rather than hanging around a race circuit all day. 

Jessie had been disappointed, but she knew it made sense.  Her morning sickness had got a little worse, and she was just feeling so tired all the time. 

Her mum had offered to come and stay again but Jessie had declined.  Her incision was healing well, so she'd made the decision that she'd be able to cope on her own with Mollie. Plus if she was on her own she wouldn't have to try and hide her morning sickness from anyone. 

To her delight Seb had returned to winning ways after the disappointment of Canada. He'd won convincingly in Barcelona and retaken the lead in the drivers championship.

Austria hadn't gone quite so well, with Lewis taking the win and retaking the championship lead, but a last lap overtake on Daniel had sealed P2 for Seb, minimising the damage an early puncture had caused to his championship hopes. 

Heading to Silverstone Lewis' lead would be just three points.

Knowing Seb was flying home straight after the Austrian race Jessie had stayed up waiting for him. She'd missed him so much and couldn't wait to see him.  He hadn't been home in between Spain and Austria as they'd been back to back races and he'd visited Maranello in between, meaning he'd been away for twelve days.

Mollie had fallen asleep and Jessie had put her up in her basket and taken the baby monitor downstairs with her. The following night they would be putting her to bed in her own room. Jessie had wanted to wait until Seb was home so he could be there for the latest milestone.

She glanced at the clock. He wouldn't be much longer now. He'd texted her when he'd landed and that had been nearly two hours ago.

She gave a big yawn, she felt beat but she was determined to be awake to greet her man.

Several minutes later she saw the unmistakeable glare of headlights coming up the driveway.

Grinning to herself, she got up and went to the front door, opening it to wait for him.

Seb spotted Jessie at the door as he stopped the car. His disappointment at only finishing second evaporated as he stopped the car and quickly got out.

Almost running to the door, he pulled Jessie into his arms, kissing her hungrily.

"Oh Jessie baby. I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you too."

They stood in each others embrace for a few minutes before Jessie took Seb's hand and led him inside.

Seb thought about going back for his luggage but decided it could wait until the morning. He locked the front door and set the alarm behind them.

Once in the lounge they both sank onto the sofa, wrapping their arms around each other again.

"It feels so good to hold you again," he murmured.

"It feels so good to be held," Jessie told him.

"How are you?" he asked. "How are our babies?"

He moved back so he could look at her.

"Mollie's great. I'm ok too I guess," she told him. "Morning sickness is kicking my arse but luckily it is literally just in the mornings. Plus, after thinking I'd never carry a baby I find it...reassuring I guess."

Seb moved back slightly. He reached out and gently lifted Jessie's nightshirt up. He gently ran his finger over her healing scar and then flattened his palm over her belly.

"Jessie, you have a bump!" he exclaimed, his eyes lighting up at his discovery. "Tiny, but it's there!"

Jessie grinned at him. She'd noticed her tiny bump in the shower the day before. Seb lowered his face and pressed his lips to her belly.

"Papa is home now mousling. And we are going to see how you're getting on in two days."

"I'm so excited, but I'm also so worried," Jessie admitted. "What if something's wrong?"

"Jessie, try not to worry too much. You have sickness. You have a bump. Any bleeding?"

"No."

"Everything is fine my love. Our mousling is just quietly cooking away."

"I still can't believe it. I didn't believe in miracles until now."

"Me neither, but our baby is one."

"Do you think it's a boy or a girl?" she asked.

"Not a clue, and it doesn't matter. As long as it's healthy. This baby will be so loved, just like his or her big sister. And speaking of big sisters, where is our little princess? In bed?"

"Yeah, she's been out for the count for a few hours now."

"And you said she's sleeping through the night now?"

Jessie could see the mischievous look in his eyes.

"She is."

"Mmm, so how would Mummy like some special time with Papa?"

"Mummy thought you'd never ask," Jessie replied. Seb jumped to his feet and scooped Jessie up in his arms.

As he walked out of the lounge Jessie reached out and switched the light off.

Seb headed up the stairs, already growing hard inside his boxers. He'd been without his Jessie for far too long. Tonight he was going to make love to her.

***

Seb and Jessie gazed at the grainy image on the monitor, both of them smiling brightly. Their baby actually looked like a baby now rather than a little blob.

"Everything is perfect!" the sonographer announced. "The date they gave you in Monte Carlo is spot on. You are twelve weeks and two days."

"Everything is ok?" Jessie asked, needing to hear it again.

"Everything is absolutely fine," the blonde woman told them. "Would you like some photos?"

"Definitely," Seb said.

"I'll be a few minutes," she said, removing the probe from Jessie's belly. She handed her some blue tissue to clean the gel off of her skin.

After the woman had left the room Seb looked down at Mollie, who was strapped into her car seat.

"Did you see that Mols? That was your little brother or sister!"

Jessie felt a hell of a lot calmer than she had just minutes before. She'd got herself worked up into a right state since the moment she'd woken up that morning. She'd been convinced she'd lost the baby, so when they'd seen it moving around energetically on the monitor she'd almost burst into tears of relief.

"We can start buying things now!" Seb exclaimed. "Nobody will question us being in a baby clothes department. They'll just think we're getting things for Mollie."

"Unless they see we're getting newborn stuff! We have plenty of girl stuff anyway, so we'll only have to buy loads if it's a boy."

"Do you want to find out?" Seb asked. "I know we have a few months until the next ultrasound, but we could pay for a gender scan if you can't wait."

"I kinda want a surprise," she admitted. "This is likely the only time I will ever do this so..."

Her voice trailed off.

"A surprise sounds perfect," Seb agreed. "We can just buy blue and pink. Then the ones we don't need we can donate to charity."

"Or we can buy unisex," Jessie suggested.

"Nah, blue or pink!" Seb insisted.

The sonographer returned and handed Seb several photos of the baby.

"There you go. If you'd like to take a seat in the waiting room the consultant will be with you shortly."

They thanked her and stood up. Seb picked Mollie's car seat up.

They went into the waiting room and sat down. It was virtually empty as it was nearly lunchtime.

"I can't believe we're back here after not even four months," Jessie said. It was the same private hospital Mollie had been born in.    Seb had insisted that Jessie had her appointments there rather than with the local midwife.   Jessie had agreed without argument.  They both knew that her pregnancy may prove to be a difficult one. 

"So we tell the parents tomorrow?" Seb asked. 

"We do!" Jessie said. "I can't wait to see their reaction."

"We'll have to come up with a plan."

"Oh I already have," Jessie told him.  She then explained what she had in mind.  Seb grinned at her. 

"I love it!" he told her.  "I love you!"

"I love you too!"

"Jessamyn Vettel?"   They both looked up and saw a tall, grey haired man that looked to be in his fifties approaching them.  "Hello, it's a pleasure to meet you both. I'm Mr Sloan, your consultant obstetrician.  Would you like to come on through?"

                       ***

"Happy Birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Seb,
Happy birthday to you!"

Everyone sang loudly as Thomas carried out the cake he and Laura had brought with them to Seb's birthday barbecue the following day.   It was a large rectangular one with an edible photo of him stood on top of Valentina in Bahrain on it.  He blew out the two candles, a three and a seven, that were on top. 

"Who wants cake now?" Laura asked, clapping her hands together. 

"I wouldn't say no," Norbert said, patting his tummy.

"Heike?"

"Go on then, just a small piece."

"Seb?"

"Ok," he replied. "You've twisted my arm."

"Jessie?"

"No thank you.  I'm still full from my burger," Jessie lied.
The truth was she'd binned half the burger when no one had been looking and she now felt extremely nauseous.   She didn't normally get sickness in the evening but the smell of the barbecue seemed to have triggered it.

"Another drink beautiful?" Seb asked her.  She smiled at him and nodded.    Seb had acted as her own personal bartender, making sure she always had a glass of non alcoholic wine in her hand, knowing that if she was caught without a drink Laura would get her one.  They didn't want the surprise spoiled before they were ready to put their plan into action. 

Laura returned carrying a plate of cake and began handing out the slices.   

"Are you sure you don't want any Jessie?" she asked.

"I'm positive.  Got to watch my waistline," she said, trying not to laugh.   The coming months would ensure she had no waistline left to watch.  

"By the way, I love your top Jessie," Heike said.  "Is it new?"

Jessie nodded and looked down at her baggy yellow and white extra long cami.  She'd bought it the day before after they'd left the hospital, wanting something that would completely hide her tiny bump.  She knew that no one would have noticed it anyway and if they did they'd have probably thought she'd just put on weight, but she didn't want to take any chances.   She was looking forward to dropping the mother of all bombshells on them all. 

Seb came back and handed her a fresh drink.  She thanked him, and he sat down besides her on the two seater rattan sofa that they'd recently bought.

"Mmm, this cake is delicious," Norbert said before taking another large bite.

"What time are you heading into the track in the morning Seb?" Thomas asked.

"Um, about half nine I think, or maybe ten. It's only media day, so there's no rush."

Jessie had already decided that she wouldn't be going to the track until the Friday.

"I thought we could go to the Spud Pub for lunch," she told their parents. "We'll need to take two cars but it will be nice to get out. I haven't been there for a while."

"I'm jealous!" Seb exclaimed. "I love that place."

"I think all this fresh air has worn Mollie out," Laura said, peering into the pram. "She's been sleeping for a good hour and a half now. She'll have you up all night."

"She certainly loves her sleep," Jessie replied.

They all chatted for several more minutes, music playing softly in the background.

Jessie was mainly listening to everyone else while thinking more about the future of their little family. She looked around the garden thinking what a beautiful place it was to bring up their children.

It was so peaceful. If no one was talking and the music wasn't on, all they'd hear would be the birds tweeting, the chickens clucking, the ducks quacking and splashing away on the pond.

Once Seb had stopped racing they could get a dog, the kids could have rabbits.

"So how are you feeling now Jessie?" Heike asked. "All healed?" Jessie took a sip of her drink and nodded.

"Yeah, I'm basically back to normal now thanks Heike, just with a scar."

"You certainly gave us all a fright," Norbert added.

"Monaco must be jinxed," Laura said. "Last year Seb was in hospital, this year Jessie."

"Mum, don't be bloody stupid."

"I'm just joking Jessie."

Jessie rolled her eyes.

Suddenly a cry came from the pram. Quick as lightning Seb was on his feet. He picked Mollie up, resting her against his shoulder. He glanced at Jessie who smiled knowingly.

"I think little Miss here needs
changing," he announced. "Back in a few." He disappeared inside the house.

"Jessie, you got lucky with that one. Your father did everything he could to get out of changing nappies," Laura exclaimed.

"So did Norbert," Heike said. "Seb's took to fatherhood like a duck to water."

Jessie had to agree. Seb was an amazing father to Mollie, as he would be to their biological child. She had no worries that he'd favour the new baby over Mollie. He would love them the same, as would she.

"Bet you can't wait to start travelling with him again," Thomas said.

"Too right. I miss him so much when he's away," she said.

"Will you be going to Belgium and Hungary?" asked Heike.

"Belgium yes, Hungary I don't know yet. I might stay home and make a start on getting ready for our holiday. The first week of summer break is Valentino and Violetta's wedding, then we're flying to the Maldives a few days later. It doesn't give us long to get packed. Plus we have to take Mollie down to Mum and Dad's before we fly to the wedding."

As the minutes ticked by Jessie began to feel more and more nervous. It was nearly time. Soon they'd be revealing their secret to their families. She knew that they'd all be over the moon but it didn't stop her feeling that way.

"Here we are, one clean baby!" Seb said stepping out of the house onto the decking with Mollie held against his chest.

"Oh look at her little tutu!" Laura exclaimed. "She's adorable, she really is."

Jessie's heart was racing now. Any minute now one of them would notice. Which one of them would it be? She'd put money on it being one of their mothers.

Seb sat back down next to Jessie and turned Mollie around so she was sat on his lap facing her grandparents. As well as the tutu she was wearing a matching headband and a white T-shirt.

"She's getting so big," Heike exclaimed.

"That outfit is adorable," Laura said. "Hang on..."

Seb and Jessie looked at each other and smiled.

"Is that... what....?"

"Is what what?" Norbert asked, confused.

"Her shirt!" Laura gasped.

The other grandparents looked closer at Mollie's T-shirt. Heike gasped. Norbert's mouth fell open in shock and Thomas looked totally baffled. On the T-shirt it said...

Promoted to Big Sister

Heike leapt to her feet. "Oh my God. You're adopting another baby already? I assume it's a baby as it says big sister. Oh my!"

Laura wiped a tear from her eye. "Oh you two love surprising us!"

"Congratulations both of you," added Thomas.

"You certainly didn't waste any time," joked Norbert. Laura stood up and picked her glass of wine up. She took a long sip from it.

"I think I need a refill," she declared.

"I'll get it," Seb told her. He handed Mollie to Heike.

He went inside and returned with a new bottle of wine. He then topped everyone's glass up. Everyone's but Jessie's. No one seemed to notice. No one except Thomas that was. Jessie's dad smiled. Could it be...? He had his suspicions.

Seb took Mollie back from her Oma and sat down again.

"So has the new baby been born yet?" Laura asked, pacing up and down the decking. "Is it a boy or a girl? I can't believe they have chosen you again so quickly."

"They didn't Mum," Jessie said.

Laura stopped in her tracks. A look of confusion appeared on her face. Thomas grinned. He'd had his suspicions. Now he was certain.

Jessie and Seb smiled at each other again. Then Jessie stood up. She smoothed her camisole down over her tiny bump.

"We're not adopting. We've been blessed with a miracle. He or she is due on the thirteenth of January."

Heike gasped loudly, her hand flying up to her mouth.

"Oh my God!" Laura exclaimed, quickly downing the rest of her wine. Thomas rose to his feet. He walked over and pulled his daughter into his arms.

"Congratulations darling. I am so happy for both of you. No one deserves this more than you."

"What's happening?"
Norbert asked cluelessly.

"Jessie's pregnant!" Heike exclaimed. She walked over and hugged her daughter in law.

"My boy has super swimmers!" Norbert declared, making everyone laugh.

"Wait there," Seb said, standing up and handing Mollie to Jessie. "We went for our twelve week scan yesterday and we have pictures."

"Twelve weeks!" exclaimed Laura as Seb disappeared inside. "That means you were pregnant when you had your appendix out!"

"That's when we found out. We didn't have a clue," Jessie admitted.

"You knew when I was looking after you!"

"I wanted to tell you Mum!" Jessie said. "But we wanted to wait and see that everything was ok."

"And it is?"

"It wouldn't be better." Seb came back and handed a selection of the ultrasound pictures to their parents.

"My baby is having a baby!" Laura said and burst into tears. "I'm so happy!"

Seb sat down and put his arm round Jessie. He'd never been so happy, not even when he'd won his world titles. He was married to the woman he'd always loved. They had a daughter, and now were expecting their little miracle.

He knew that whatever happened on track between now and the end of the season, nothing could come close to topping this feeling. This was everything. Jessie, Mollie and the baby were his world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 2.4K 50
For years Sebastian had admired her from afar, able to look but unable to touch. Now after one of the most eventful and traumatic years of his life...
139K 3.3K 45
As one of the few women in the male-dominated world, Darcey doesn't go unnoticed, specifically by the driver on her side of the garage, Sebastian Vet...
145K 3.4K 70
He's a 4 time Formula 1 World Champion. Having split with his long time partner and his career on the decline he's hiding away from the world. She...
340K 7.1K 126
After the heartache of her beloved Michael Schumacher's injuries following his accident, Chloe returns to formula 1. Can Sebastian Vettel heal her he...