Prologue

Interlagos, Brazil 2013

Sebastian Vettel  jumped down off of Hungry Heidi, the Red Bull Formula 1 car that he'd just driven into the history books.

His heart was racing, his blood pumping fast in his veins. He'd just done what they'd said couldn't be done, and he couldn't wait to celebrate with his team, and with one person in particular. He flipped his visor up and his eyes began to scan the Red Bull team members that were waiting to congratulate him on his ninth win in a row.

He was looking for one person, the one person, the one person above all others that he wanted to celebrate with.

A smile spread across his face inside his helmet as he saw her at the front of everyone, her petite frame leaning over the metal barriers, joy written all over her face. She really did have the most beautiful smile.

He made a beeline for her, throwing his arms around her, running his still glovesd hand over her long silky hair, hair that was the colour of milk chocolate.

He closed his eyes as her arms tightened around him. He felt amazing, partly from winning the race, and partly because he was in her arms. He'd done it for her. This whole season had been for her.

"You did it!  You're amazing Seb!  No one has ever won nine on the trot before.  God, you deserve it so much.  You've worked so hard," the woman in his arms gushed. He smiled again, his ego boosted by her praise. She had called him amazing, but to him she was the amazing one. She was beautiful, clever and kind. She was his perfect woman.

Reluctantly, he released her from his embrace and moved on to hug the next member of the team waiting in line to congratulate him, albeit a lot shorter than the hug he'd given her.

He felt a tap on his shoulder and turned to see his trainer, Heikki, behind him. The two men threw their arms around each other, hugging triumphantly. It was also a goodbye hug. This was Heikki's last race as Seb's trainer. He was moving on to pastures new. Seb knew he would miss the Finn immensely, although he was looking forward to working with his new trainer, Antti Kontsas.

As he pulled out of his trainers arms he removed his HANS, balaclava and helmet, then took his gloves off and pulled his earpieces out.

"Way to go champ!" Heikki exclaimed. "It's been a pleasure."

"It certainly has," Seb agreed. And it was true.   They had some wonderful years together, and made some wonderful memories.  Memories that would last a lifetime.

Putting his things down in the floor, he continued to move down the line, hugging or high fiving the team members, but his mind was still on her, on Jessie,  the woman who was always there by his side.  His Press Officer, and his biggest supporter.  One of the only people he trusted.  The woman he'd secretly loved for the past four years. The woman who was engaged to his number one mechanic. The woman he could never have.

As he reached the end of the line he opened his arms and a tall, beautiful blonde ran into them.  He hugged her tightly.  This was the woman he should be loving, Ava, his actual girlfriend. 

"I am so proud of you Sebastian," she said, saying all the right words, but he didn't feel the same warm feelings he'd felt when hearing Jessie's praise.  He knew that Ava was just saying what was expected of her, she had no real understanding of what he had just achieved.  Something that no driver had ever achieved before.  To Ava it was just another win, one of many.

Not one for personal displays of affection, he kissed her lightly on the forehead. "Thanks Avie," he said softly. 

"Well, what about that then?" came the familiar Cockney accent of one of his best friends.   He turned and grinned at Joel, before pulling the tall, blonde man into a bear hug.  "You were fucking awesome mate!"