24. We Found Love

Jessie felt her heart break a little more. She was sat there in tears, sobbing her heart out over Seb and all he could do was stand there and laugh!

She picked up the nearest thing to her, which luckily was just a toilet roll, and threw it at him in anger. It struck him on the shoulder, and then fell onto the floor.

"Get out! I hate you, you bastard!" She sprang to her feet and closed the gap between them. She began beating her closed fists on Seb's bare chest, her sobs consuming her.

"No you don't Jessie," he told her softly, grabbing hold of her wrists. "If you hated me you wouldn't be this upset over the thought of me loving another woman."

"How can you do this to me? I'm in bits, and you're standing there laughing at me!"

"I'm not laughing at you! I'm laughing at the ridiculousness of the situation."

"Ridiculousness? Out! Get out! I never want to see you again!"

"You don't mean that kleine maus."

"Why don't you fuck off and find the woman you love? Why are you toying with me?"

Her chest hurt from sobbing. Why wouldn't he go? Why was he torturing her by standing there naked while she cried?

"Oh I already did," he murmured.

"You're fucking unbelievable."

"Listen to me Jessie. Please, hear me out. If you still want me to go after, I will." He wouldn't. He knew he'd never leave her now. He'd have to be forcibly removed. He just had to get her to listen. "Please."

She stopped struggling against his hold. She hung her head, looking down at the linoleum floor. "Look at me Jessie." She shook her head, refusing. It hurt to much to look at him.

"What my father said was true," he began. "I fell in love at first sight. It was like I'd been struck by lightning. The moment I saw her I knew she was the one I would love until the day I die. I wasn't free to be with her though. I had a girlfriend. I decided I would break it off, then I would ask my dream woman out on a date. It didn't quite work out like that though. When I came back, single, she had moved on."

"I don't want to hear this!" Seb began to feel a little angry. He had to make her understand!

"You're going to fucking hear it," he barked.

Jessie tried to pull out of his hold but he was gripping her wrists too tightly. Why was he doing this? Did was he get a kick out of breaking her heart? Had it just been about sex for him?

"Jessie, I came back and she was dating my best friend. I had to watch them fall in love, and then I had to stand at his side when he married her."

As if she'd been struck by lightning, Jessie's head shot up and she finally looked him in the eye.

The woman he loved had married his best friend. But his best friend had been Joel....that meant....

Seb released her left wrist and moved his right hand to tenderly cup her cheek.

"Jessie, for such a bright woman you can be so stupid sometimes. It's you Jessie. It's always been you. I love you."

Seb waited for her to say something, anything, but she stood there in silence, staring at him as if she hadn't heard a word he'd said. "I love you Jessie. I love you so much, and I have done since the moment we collided in the corridor at Milton Keynes. I tried to stop, but I couldn't. I am truly, madly, deeply in love with you, and I don't know what I would do if I lost you now. You are my soulmate, you are my..." He didn't get to finish his sentence. Jessie threw her arms around him.