Still a family ? {T. K} ✔️

By taekookiecookie

{Completed} Kim Jungkook's once colorful life has lost its brightness since the love between him and Kim Tae... More

Author's note
Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Questions!
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

Chapter 28

3.9K 236 139
By taekookiecookie

Third person's pov

After the chemotherapy session, the nurses gently helped Jungkook to his room. His body was weak and his steps were unsteady as he walked down the hallway.

Mrs. Jeon, was close behind, worry etched on her face. She kept her hand on Jungkook's back. Mr. Jeon was also right beside them, holding onto Jungkook's other hand, providing a sense of strength. Yoongi and Taehyung also followed behind closely.

As they entered the room, Jungkook immediately went to lay down on the bed, his muscles trembling with exhaustion. He let out a soft groan as he settled onto the pillows, his body still aching from the effects of the chemotherapy. The room was quiet except for Jungkook's soft whimpers.

The nurse in charge of Jungkook's care entered the room, carrying a tray with a syringe and a small vial. She approached Jungkook's bed and smiled kindly at him, 'Okay Mrs. Kim, I'm going to give you an injection to help reduce the pain,' she said soothingly as she prepared the syringe.

"It may sting a little, but it will make you feel much better."

Jungkook nodded weakly and closed his eyes and braced himself as the nurse gently inserted the needle into his arm. A small hiss escaped his lips as the medicine was injected, but he felt immediate relief as the pain subsided. He let out a sigh and opened his eyes,

'Now, I want you to rest,' the nurse said as she put away the syringe. 'Your body needs time to heal from the treatment.'

With that, she exited the room, leaving Jungkook with his family. Jungkook let out another soft groan, his body still feeling weak and tender from the chemotherapy. His mother sat on the edge of the bed and tenderly stroked his hair, trying to comfort him.

'It's okay, sweetheart. It's going to be okay,' she whispered, her voice filled with love and concern.

Jungkook's father sat on the other side of the bed, his hand still holding onto Jungkook's. He leaned closer and placed a gentle kiss on his son's forehead. "We're here for you, son," he said, his voice filled with love for his youngest son. "The pain will end soon."

Taemin and Hye-joon were standing silently on one side.

With a gentle touch, Yoongi caressed Jungkook's hair, his fingers tracing comforting patterns.

"Jungkook, you're tougher than you know," Yoongi whispered, his voice soft. "This pain won't last forever, my brother will soon feel completely okay."

He leaned in closer, his eyes filled with tears. "Remember, we're all here for you, every step of the way."

As Jungkook winced in discomfort again, Yoongi's touch became lighter, his movements tender. "Try to sleep, bun and when you wake up, you will feel much better."

Hye-joon approached Jungkook's bedside, her eyes filled with worry. "Eom-mma, how a-are you feel-ling?" she asked softly, reaching out to hold his hand.

Jungkook withdrew his hand gently, his expression tired. "I'm alive," he replied, his voice was not more than a mere whisper.

Taehyung also moved closer, "Jungkook, I just—" he began, but Jungkook interrupted him.

"Please," Jungkook said, his tone pleading. "I'm tired. I don't want to hear any fake concerns right now."

Yoongi, standing nearby, stepped in. "Taehyung, get out," he said firmly. "He needs to rest."

Jungkook's gaze flickered to Taehyung before he spoke again. "Not only Taehyung, Hye-joon and Taemin too, please go out," he requested, his voice tinged with exhaustion.

" But- " Taemin started to speak but Taehyung gave him a glare and signaled Taemin to follow him.

Taehyung didn't say anything in response. Instead, he silently turned and left the room. Hye-joon and Taemin followed him out, leaving Jungkook to rest in peace.

At home........

At home, Taemin turned to Taehyung, his eyes brimming with tears, and he wrapped his arms around Taehyung tightly. "Appa, you s-said eomma would talk to me, but h-he doesn't want to see my presence near him," he murmured, his voice trembling.

Taehyung hugged Taemin back, feeling Taemin's loud heartbeat against his chest. He gently patted his back and said, "Eomma needs to rest, he's tired. Give him some time." With a tender touch, he wiped away Taemin's tears and guided him to the sofa, motioning for Hye-joon to join them.

" Come sit here," Taehyung said to Hye-joon while patting an empty spot beside him.

Hye-joon sat beside him and then Taehyung took Taemin's and Hye-joon's hands in his own, his expression serious yet filled with love. "Listen carefully to what I'm about to say," he began, his voice gentle and low.

"You know you both are really special to me right?" Taehyung continued, his gaze shifting between his children. "You're both mature now, and I'm sure you understand how wrong we've been." He paused, gathering his thoughts before continuing. "Sometimes in life, we hurt the people who mean the most to us without even realizing it. We take them for granted and disrespect them, and we don't realize it until it's too late."

He took a deep breath, his eyes reflecting his guilt. "There comes a point where feeling guilty won't help anymore, and all you can do is regret," Taehyung said, his voice was starting to crack a bit,

"I don't want to see my kids live with that regret.......I thought I was a good father until I really thought about it. A man isn't a good father until he teaches his children to respect their mother."

" I didn't realised that by ignoring Jungkook and not caring about him was giving a bad inf-flunce to your minds. I stayed silent all the time when you both would disrespect your mother and trust me, I........ I re-eally can't explain how miserable I feel thinking about it. "

Tears welled up in Taehyung's eyes as he spoke, "I feel gu-uilty, really gu-uilty," he confessed. "But will everything go back to normal now? No. Nothing will work out until we actually try to resolve the issue."

" if I wo-ould just sit here and silently reg-gret and cry, it won't change anything. Tears show our pain but don't solve the problem by which we are feeling the pain."

He squeezed their hands gently, his voice filled with determination. "Now, I want you both to try your best and do everything you can to show that you really deserve your mother's forgiveness," Taehyung urged, "I will also try my best."

With a soft kiss on each of their hands, Taehyung rose up from the sofa,

As Taehyung turned to leave, a gentle tug on his hand stopped him in his tracks. He felt Taemin's presence behind him and turned to face his son, his expression softening at the sight of the tears in Taemin's eyes.

"Appa," Taemin began,

Taehyung waited patiently, his attention fully focused on his son. "Hmm?" he responded, encouraging Taemin to continue.

"What if eomma doesn't forg-give us?" Taemin asked, his voice was anxious and sounded like he would start crying.

Taehyung let out a heavy sigh,"It's okay, Taemin-ah," he reassured, his voice gentle and soft. "He will forgive you...... just be there for him."

" Even if, your mother says that he doesn't want to near him, he wants you both to be there for him. "

He reached out and cupped Taemin's face in his hands, his touch warm and comforting. "I can't say anything about myself because if I were in Jungkook's place, I wouldn't have been able to forgive anytime soon or maybe at all," Taehyung admitted, his tone tinged with guiltless.

But then, his expression softened, and he offered Taemin a small smile. "Crying doesn't solve anything, stupid," he teased gently, trying to lighten the mood. "Don't cry over everything and try to be more mature."

Leaning down, Taehyung pressed a long kiss to Taemin's forehead, With one last reassuring smile, he turned and left the room,

As Taehyung returned to his room, the weight of his emotions overwhelmed him, and he collapsed onto his bed. Tears streamed down his face as soon as he buried his face into the soft pillows beneath. He cried silently, the sound muffled by the fabric.

He stayed in that position for around ten to fifteen minutes,

But then, he heard the soft patter of footsteps approaching his door. Quickly, Taehyung wiped away his tears and tried to compose himself, feigning sleep as the footsteps drew nearer. The door creaked open, and he could sense the presence of Taemin and Hye-joon entering the room.

They moved quietly. Taehyung kept his eyes closed, pretending to be asleep, even as his heart clenched with emotion.

Without a word, Taemin and Hye-joon laid down on either side of Taehyung, their bodies warm and comforting against his own.

Taemin reached up and pressed a tender kiss to Taehyung's cheek

" You aren't a bad father appa," Hye-joon said, her eyes on Taehyung's tear stained cheeks. " W-We weren't so foolish that we didn't knew what was wrong." She said.

" We were just........ just lost." Saying this, Hye-joon also leaned forward and kissed Taehyung's cheek.

Then, both Hye-joon and Taemin nestled closer, resting their heads on Taehyung's chest. Their breathing gradually slowed, the rhythmic sound lulling Taehyung into a sense of calm.

For a moment, they lay there in silence, enveloped in the comfort of each other's presence.

Hearing their words, it was hard for Taehyung to control himself but he somehow managed it.

Gradually they slept.

After one hour.......

As the clock struck 11 o'clock at night, Hye-joon stirred in her sleep, a faint rumble emanating from her stomach. Slowly, she blinked her eyes open, the dim moonlight filtering through the curtains casting a soft glow across the room.

Realizing she was awake, Hye-joon sat up slowly, stretching her arms above her head as she yawned.

With a slight groan, she pushed herself upright, the soft padding of her slippers barely making a sound as she made her way out of her room and into the kitchen.

The refrigerator did not had anything that would help with Hye-joon's hunger so she sighed, realizing that she would have to go out if she wanted to find something to eat. She glanced at the clock on the wall – 11:15. It was late, but she knew the nearby convenience store would still be open.

Without further ado, Hye-joon slipped on her jacket and grabbed her wallet before heading out the door. The convenience store was only 4 minutes away.

As Hye-joon walked through the quiet streets, her stomach growled in hunger. She glanced around the dimly lit surroundings briefly before focusing on her path ahead.

Just as she reached the store, a voice called out from behind her, causing her to turn around in surprise. It was Jaehyung.

"Hello, how are you?" Jaehyung greeted her warmly. "Nice seeing you here."

Hye-joon raised an eyebrow, slightly taken aback by his unexpected presence. "What are you doing here?" she asked,

Jaehyung shrugged nonchalantly. "Um, it's a public place. Can't I be here?"

Hye-joon shook her head, clarifying her question. "No, that's not what I meant. I meant at this time of night."

"Yeah, I usually get hungry around this time, and I'm too lazy to cook something, so I just grab a bite to eat and its just 11: 24, it's not that late." Jaehyung said, glancing at his watch for a moment.

Hye-joon nodded and began to move towards the store, Jaehyung fell into step beside her, he smiled softly and said, "So, what are you doing here at this time?"

Hye-joon glanced at him, "We're not that close for me to tell you," she replied curtly, quickening her pace.

Jaehyung's expression fell slightly, but he recovered quickly, huffing in amusement. "She asked me the same question," he muttered under his breath, "and when I asked her, she said we're not that close. Double standards."

" We're not that close," Jaehyung said mimicking Hye-joon, " Gosh, I wish I said that to her."

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

So that was all for today's chapter, I hope you enjoyed reading it.

So which scene did you enjoyed the most ?

What do you think about Taehyung's words  ?

What do you think about Jungkook's actions ?

Did you liked Hye-joon's and Jaehyung's interaction ?

Let me know your thoughts!

Borahae,
Byee.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

384K 23.4K 54
'Be a good son in law, Be a good husband, whatever your husband and and his family saying is the only right thing for you, respect and obey them alwa...
1.3M 55.8K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
517K 8K 83
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
56.6K 2.5K 18
Kim taehyung likes Jungkook but he is interested in someone else to even look at him Now Taehyung wants to move on since he realized that jungkook w...