The Lost Heir |Taekook|

By myleskv

TAEKOOK. Kim Taehyung is an orphan male omega who got in an arranged marriage with a billionaire alpha CEO Je... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
New Story Announcement
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
New Story Announcement
Chapter 42
Epilogue
The Lost Heir Story Rankings

Chapter 28

8.7K 504 67
By myleskv

Taehyung and Seojoon just finished their lunch meeting. They discussed additional details that Seojoon thinks will attract more customers to his malls. Seojoon is an admirable man, anyone would be lucky to be his mate. The alpha is handsome, hardworking and a total gentleman. Though he makes it obvious that he likes Taehyung, he never oversteps his boundaries. He is always respectful towards the omega.

The alpha clears his throat and focuses his eyes at Taehyung. "T-taehyung, I mean is it okay if I call you Taehyung?"

"Yeah, we have known each other for months and we're business partners, so of course you can call me by my first name, CEO Park."

"Thank you, and please call me Seojoon." The alpha nervously fidgets on his seat as he meets the omega's eyes. "Uh... Taehyung, I really like you. I hope you can give me permission to court you." Seojoon blushed as he confessed to the omega. He is also anxious because it's the first time he takes an interest in an omega and he doesn't want to mess it up.

Taehyung is about to answer him when he suddenly feels a sharp stabbing pain in his chest. He clenches his chest as he gasps for air. Seojoon notices the omega's pained expression. He worriedly stands up, takes the glass of water and offers it Taehyung. The omega gulps down the water. "T-thank you, Seojoon."

"Are you okay? You suddenly look pale, are you not feeling well?" Seojoon gazed at him with concern.

Taehyung takes a deep breath to ease the pain in his chest. He wonders what's wrong with him. He was okay until this time. "Y-yeah, don't worry. I think it's just a heartburn. I better go back to the office."

"Do you want me to drive you there? We can ask your secretary to pick up your car from here." Seojoon suggested, still worried about the omega.

Taehyung shakes his head. Honestly, he just wants to be alone or better yet, goes back home to Tae-ju. There's a weird feeling in his chest that won't go away. He's worried it might have something to do with his pup, but his Yoongi hyung will call if anything bad happens, right?

"Thanks for the offer, but I know you're busy yourself, I don't want to impose." The omega politely declined the alpha's offer.

Seojoon finally concedes. He just wishes the omega would let him in, give him a chance to prove that his intentions are pure and that he's serious about wanting to be his mate. He's willing to wait. Taehyung is the omega he wants to spend his future with. He hopes the omega would see his sincerity and accept his affection.

They leave the restaurant and walk to their respective cars. Seojoon bids goodbye to the omega. Taehyung waves in return and enters his car.

Taehyung's phone rings, Jaewook, his Yoongi hyung's bodyguard is calling him. Why would Jaewook call him, where is his Yoongi hyung? Taehyung feels jittery as he answers his phone with a trembling hand. "Hello, Jaewook. Why are you calling me? Where is Yoongi hyung and Tae-ju? What?! An accident, where's my son? Tell me he is safe, please. You're at Kim Hospital, I'll be there."

The omega speeds up his car as he drives towards their hospital. He wants to get to his pup as soon as possible.

Yoongi sits outside the room where Tae-ju is confined. The pup was visibly stressed and shaken by the accident. On top of that, smelling and seeing his alpha dad for the first time added to the pup's distress. Tae-ju won't stop wailing until Hoseok gave him a mild sedative. The pup fell asleep after a few minutes.

Yoongi remembers two years ago when they found his omega cousin. Hoseok confirmed that Taehyung was pregnant and needed special care, so they flew to the US to ensure the pup's health.

It wasn't easy. An omega who is pregnant needed his alpha by his side to scent and to comfort him. The alpha father should be the one calming his pregnant mate. He should be the one providing the omega with his food cravings. But the asshole alpha father heartlessly kicked out his cousin. And for whom, for that slut omega. So Yoongi took the responsibility of helping his uncle in taking care of Taehyung during his pregnancy.

Difficult as it was, Taehyung made it. He gave birth to a healthy alpha baby. Yoongi's happiness had no bounds as he first held Tae-ju, his little angel. Even Yoongi's wolf formed a deep bond with Tae-ju's wolf. His wolf accepted the role of being the baby alpha's father. Taehyung was bedridden for a week after giving birth. Yoongi was the one who took care of baby Tae-ju because the pup didn't like the nurses' scents. They were making the pup fussy and restless.

When Taehyung and Tae-ju got discharged from the hospital, it was also Yoongi who took care of them especially Tae-ju. The pup saw on his favorite cartoon show that what Yoongi is doing for him is what a dada supposed to do. A dada should always be at his baby's side, playing with him, feeding and bathing him. A dada is supposed to take care of the baby when he's sick and sings a lullaby to make him sleep. Jungkook can't blame his own son for calling Yoongi 'dada'. He wasn't there when the pup needed him.

As for Yoongi, the reason he can't be with Jimin is because his wolf doesn't want to have a pup, his wolf only wants Tae-ju. He can't be with an omega, because an omega is supposed to have a pup and Yoongi can't give them that. So even if he likes Jimin, he doesn't pursue the omega. Yes, he can mate Jimin but his wolf will never give him a pup.

His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of clacking heels against the hard floor. Taehyung rushes towards his older cousin. His eyes are already wet with tears.

"H-hyung, what happened? Where's Tae-ju?" There's a hint of panic in the omega's tone.

"Hey, calm down. Tae-ju is fine. He was just overwhelmed by the accident, so Hoseok had to give him a mild sedative to calm him. He's now sleeping." Yoongi reassured his cousin. "An alpha saved Tae-ju from being hit by a car."

"Oh, we have to thank that alpha. If not for him, I could have lost my Tae-ju. Where is he? Bring me to him, so I can personally thank him."

"The alpha was hit by that car after saving Tae-ju. He is currently in the operating room and undergoing surgery." Yoongi replied as he looked at Taehyung with conflicting thoughts. Should he tell his cousin that Jungkook is that alpha?

Taehyung worries for the alpha. What if the alpha doesn't survive? What about his family? "Hyung, did you tell Hoseok hyung to do their best to save that alpha? We must do everything for him. We should compensate him, maybe give him a job or something."

"What if the compensation he wants is for us to introduce him to his son?" Yoongi shakily asked.

"Huh, what do you mean, hyung? How would we know his son? Is the alpha one of our employees?"

"Tae, Jungkook was the alpha who saved Tae-ju!" Yoongi blurted out.

Taehyung's blood runs cold. The sudden pain in his chest isn't because of Tae-ju. It's because Jungkook was injured. He felt it because of the imprinting. But he wants to be sure of what he heard. "W-who saved Tae-ju? Did I hear it right? Tell me it's not true, hyung. Jungkook shouldn't meet Tae-ju, not after what he did to me, to us."

Hoseok walks to them. "Tae, calm down first. Tae-ju is already awake. He is calling for you and Yoongi. Don't let Tae-ju smell your bittering scent. It will add to his distress. And Jungkook is out of danger, the surgery was successful. He will be transferred to the recovery room later. Tae, I think you and Jungkook should talk soon about Tae-ju."

"We have nothing to talk about, Hoseok hyung. Tae-ju is only mine." Taehyung's eyes flashed blue for a second.

The omega turns on his heels and leaves to go to his son. The two older cousins stare at the omega as he enters Tae-ju's room. They know that the omega's hurt runs deep. They can only hope that their cousin and his pup will have the happiness they deserve.

"Uh, Yoongi hyung can you take Tae-ju home? I'll just drop by the grocery." Taehyung turned to his son. "Ju, dada will bring you home, papa will buy ice cream for you, hmm."

The little pup nods. Yoongi carries the toddler as they exit the hospital.

Taehyung heads to the room where Jungkook is. Yes, he does hate the alpha, but it won't change the fact that he got injured while saving Tae-ju. Taehyung isn't that heartless not to check on Jungkook. He peeps inside the room. The alpha is still sleeping probably the effect of deep sedation during surgery. Taehyung enters the room and walks closer to Jungkook's bed.

He feels it again, the stabbing pain in his chest. He gives Jungkook a longing gaze. His eyes are filled with unshed tears. "You know, we could have been a family, me, you and our son. If you haven't been blind and oblivious of Jisung's manipulation, we could have been happily living together. I have loved you since the very first time I laid my eyes on you when I was fifteen. But you hurt me, so don't blame me for not telling you about Tae-ju."

Jungkook slowly opens his eyes. His wet eyes meet the omega's. Taehyung is about to leave the room, but the alpha grasps his hand.

"T-taehyung, why didn't you tell me you were pregnant?"

Taehyung lets out a sarcastic laugh. "Would it make any difference if I told you? Would you believe me? You didn't even remember that you slept with me. Jisung will just say that I cheated on you and got pregnant by someone else. I bet you would believe him, right? You're nothing but Jisung's puppet, so please forgive me for not telling you about my pup."

"Is that how lowly you think of me? Do you think I will abandon my own child? Taehyung, you know I can recognize his scent. I can tell that he's mine."

"Not in the first month. When you asked me to sign the divorce papers, the pup's scent hasn't developed yet. If I told you then, you wouldn't believe he's your son. You would think I'm using the pup to chain you in the marriage you despised." Taehyung clenched his fist.

"I'm terribly sorry if my behavior made you think of that. I know I don't deserve to ask this from you, but please can you let me be a father to our son?" Jungkook has hopeful eyes.

"Why would I do that? You will marry Jisung, right? You will soon have a pup with your beloved omega. You don't need my son! And my son doesn't need a father who's someone's puppet. I won't let my son suffer the way I did." A look of pain flashed across Taehyung's face as he remembered how Jungkook abandoned him for Jisung.

Jungkook's face falls."I'm not marrying Jisung. Please, I will do anything. J-just let me see my son." Jungkook wished at least Taehyung will allow him that for he already blew his chance to be the omega's mate.

"You're two years late Mr. Jeon. Just forget that you have a son with me. And if you dare fight me over the custody of my pup, your photos with Jisung while we were still married will be released to the press. I'm warning you, I can do anything to protect my pup! Don't worry about your hospital bills, you can stay here as long as you want without spending a won. If you want monetary compensation, call my secretary, Choi Wooshik and he'll prepare a cheque for you." Taehyung's eyes flashed blue as he pulled his hand from Jungkook's hold.

Jungkook flinched at the omega's harsh words. "Taehyung, I will not ask for compensation, he is my pup, too. I will save him a-"

"Whatever." Taehyung brushed him off and walked out of the room without looking back.

"-nytime. I will save our son anytime." Jungkook whispers to himself as tears brimmed his eyes. He blames himself for their fate. He made Taehyung like this, he changed the omega into someone who's bitter and unforgiving. He turned Taehyung's heart into stone. The Taehyung who was sweet and softhearted is gone, and it's all because of him.

Hoseok saw his cousin came out of Jungkook's room. He runs after the omega. "Tae, wait! Can we talk to my office? It won't take long."

"Sure, hyung." Taehyung followed Hoseok to his office. They both sit on the velvet couch inside the doctor's office.

Hoseok clears his throat before he speaks. "Tae, I know you're mad at Jungkook and I understand why, but don't you think it's cruel to keep his son away from him? You're going to expose Jisung's evil-doings anyway, why are you still wary of him?"

Taehyung elicits a bitter smile. "I don't trust Jungkook. How can I be sure that after I showed him how evil Jisung is, he will stay away from him. Jungkook has been manipulated by Jisung for years. I'm worried that he will still choose him. I can't let Jisung get near Tae-ju. People can call me heartless for keeping my son away from Jungkook, I don't care. I'm doing this to protect my son."

💎🐰🐯💎

Jungkook wasn't able to convince Taehyung to give him a chance to be with their son. Will Taehyung be able to forgive Jungkook or will he mate another alpha? With what Jungkook had put Taehyung through, mere words of apology aren't enough. There's a saying, 'Actions speak louder than words' maybe Jungkook should try that.✨🌙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 206 16
In which Taehyung is known as the most powerful alpha, ruler and King in the whole world and has six friends who also believed that until that one da...
140K 4.4K 52
Taehyung is the sassy, cute and sexy cheerleading captain of Bighit High. What happens when he catches the attention of 6 star football players? What...
215K 15.3K 48
All I could see, was darkness as a strong sound hit my ear. . . . "husband?" I opened my eyes, saw the face of a beautiful brown haired woman. ...
Over. By Secret

Fanfiction

20.5K 1.1K 21
It's over. Momo's life is over. Why? Just read. I can't explain.ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ VOTING IS A MUST!!! Ranks: #1- mimo #1- sonchaeyoung #1- mochaeng #03- samo #4...