Summoning the Cold Rivalry

By PanzerSchmuck

13th June, 1987. Tension start to easing between USSR and United States, everything was going smoothly until... More

Chapter 1, The lights&New world
Chapter 2: Contact
Chapter 3: Diplomacy
Chapter 4: New hopes
Chapter 5: Lost Civilization
Chapter 6: Surprise, Surprise
Chapter 7: Superpower
Chapter 8: Reinforcement
Chapter 9: Liberation & Downfalls
Chapter 10: Occupation
Chapter 11: Visitors
Chapter 12: Siege
Chapter 13: Looming danger
Chapter 14: Engagement
Chapter 15: The Beginning
Chapter 16: Night raid
Chapter 17: Off shores
Chapter 18: Grave Mistake
Chapter 19: Strike back
Chapter 20: Against all odds
Chapter 21: Involvement
Chapter 22: Blood rain
Chapter 23: First step
Chapter 24: Imminent demise
Chapter 25: Prophecy
Chapter 25.5: Alternative
Chapter 26: Old against new
Chapter 27: Motherland
Chapter 28: Hunts
Chapter 29: Eagle claws
Chapter 30r: Devil dogs
Chapter 31: Unexpected
Chapter 32: Ultimatum
Chapter 33: Sacred
Chapter 34: Operation Sword tip
Chapter 35: Fight of the Valkyries
Chapter 36: Political dispute
Chapter 37: That time
Chapter 38: Invincible
Chapter 39: Weakened
Chapter 40: New era
Chapter 41: Bear and Eagle
Chapter 42: Purposes
Chapter 43: New beginnings
Chapter 44: Invitation
Chapter 45: Transition
Chapter 46: World's conference
Chapter 47: Preparation
Chapter 48: Sunk with all hands
Chapter 49: Calm before the storm
Chapter 50: Great naval battle I
Chapter 51: Great naval battle II
Chapter 51.5: Expedition (Part 1)
Chapter 52: Great naval battle III
Chapter 54: Great naval battle IV
Chapter 54.2069: Distant past
Chapter 55: Great Naval Battle Finale
Chapter 56: Perspective
Chapter 57: Desert storm
Chapter 58: Turning tide
Chapter 59: Battle for Cartalpas
Chapter 60: Desert Skirmishes
Chapter 60.5: Expedition (Part 2)

Chapter 53: Encirclement

530 20 12
By PanzerSchmuck

Location: New Otaheit, Republic of Mu
24th July, 1633, 6:10 AM

National anthem of two nation play in the morning as they rise their flags, one is a blue flag with white and red stripes in cross shape. The other one is tri-color flag with blue white and red in orders. Soldiers of foreign nationality now reside in Mu. Mu soldiers also coming over to watch these mens train or train with them.

United Kingdom and France became known for their help in taking care of training the new set of troops.

"Hey mate, have you heard about the news?" One British man ask the French man.

"Oh yeah! It the war isn't it?" French man replies by speaking English.

"Absolutely right, you know we might get drag into this one"

"..Hm, what is the point of us going to war? There's no one to fight for, we got no home to protect. I can't even go back and see Paris again.."

"Don't be so dramatic, it the people of this country that we must fight for. Even if we got no homeland to protect, we still got this place to protect"

"You're right.. but, i still hold true to my words"

"About Paris... Then you're not alone here, I can only look at my hometown through a picture.. I'd be damned, I can't even talk with my family. The closest thing to home is this place, West Berlin is no more"

The Berlin wall was finally torn down, unlike the event in our world. This time Berlin was united under socialist rules, last bastion of democracy in Europe is gone.

"So wanna get some wine?" French man ask the British.

"Oh heck yeah" British man happily replies.

Location: Mt. Bertha, Republic of Mu
24th July, 1633, 7:00 AM

Under the snow field of Mount Bertha, Mu military base stand firm in these coldness. Men hurrying to organize their supplies of weapon, many more work is happening.

"Well shit.." Gedsur, member of intel branch mumbled to himself.

He rush toward the command room to report the horrible news.

"General! Pardon my intrusion!" He open the door.

"What is it?" General Vega ask him.

"We got report from the reconnaissance that Gra Valkans division is moving through the mountain.."

"..Are they crazy? Moving through Bertha like this?"

"Yes sir"

"Fine, we will make a defensive line around the mountain. You can go now"

Gedsur salute and take his leaves. Vega couldn't believe it, Gra Valkans really moving through this harsh snowy mountain. He couldn't predict their actions like this, it should take the opposing forces some times before they reach this part of the mountain. The worst part about this mountain is climbing it up, Mu did learn the hard way once. That why they get the idea of settling a base here.

Outside the HQ, flare launcher was fired. Bright light shine through the morning skies, it a signal to begin attacking. Another flares was fired from spot to spot and finally the last flare reach the frontline. Mu hidden anti-tank gun, Model 3 "Higmont" steady themselves.

"..No one there yet"

"Of course! Who the hell would climb this Mountain that fast?"

They wait still for some moment, Gra Valkans aircraft flies over their head and attack the exposed fortification. It just like what were expecting. Gra Valkans will send off an aircrafts first to launch a surprise attack on them, it would had worked but unfortunately for them, this time Mu army came prepared.

"Come on.."

"Hey, don't rush. You see that?"

The man hand his binoculars to him. Looking at the direction he is pointing, he can see some mist occuring in the far landscape of this mountain.

"They are still so far away" He said.

Putting his hand on the guy shoulder, telling him he shouldn't rush. Time may not be waiting for them but they will definitely wait for their enemies. Loader put an Armor-Piercing rounds into the chamber, the gun is now fully loaded. 2 hours has passed. Gra Valkans doesn't seem to be any close to them soon, the aircraft still flying around the air and still is chase off by Mu fighter as usual.

Smoke came out everytime they breathe, that the harsh freezing temperature of Mt. Bertha in play, if someone got lost, no one will be brave enough to rescue them. Hour after hour, they wait silently with 20 more anti-tank gun all over the field, hidden. One man already got a glimpse of Gra Valkans vehicle but it still very far out. It been 5 hours since the flare was fired, they all are tired of waiting but if they slack off only for a little it could mean life or death situation.

Looking through the scope and out, repeating the same action. Looking through binoculars and out then repeat. Gra Valkans vehicle seem to get more and more closer.

"Finally.." He mumbled.

"Everybody, ready for combat" officer said through the radio.

They sit tight, Gra Valkans vehicles is now in visual range. He align the crosshair with the target and fire. Gra Valkans vehicles stop right in it's track, the other guns start firing in order. They took out the lead vehicles, they can see the panic in Gra Valkans lines, vehicles blocking each other exit as another one got destroys.

Mu anti-tank guns then fire at the rear vehicles, destroys it in the process. Now the column is trap on that narrow passageway. Infantry run out of the Type-89 GCV in an attempt to escape, the vehicles infront of them also burst into flame. Gra Valkans tank start firing at the anti-tank gun direction, Mu return fire however. The AP round ricochet off the tank.

"Huh..?" He flabbergasted.

"That's some strong armor right there"

He fire again, the AP round hit it right in the track, immobilizing it. The tank fire, the shell impact a snow near them and covered the optics of the anti-tank gun.

"Oh god.. can someone go change the optic?" The gunner ask.

Nobody volunteer, if they go out they would be as good as dead meats.

"Blind fire it is"

Despite losing visual, he still fire. One by one Gra Valkans vehicles got destroyed. In matter of hours the convoys of 35 vehicles was wiped out and the heavy tank was captured.

Gra Valkas Southern front HQ, 3:00 PM

Sound of typewriter and other equipment at work echo through the building. Two mans command the entire front but now they are frustrated.

"We lost contact with armored convoys?" General Tasae question.

"Yes sir"

"..I knew it, moving through the mountain was a bad idea"

The attempt of moving through Mt. Bertha is for them to launch a surprise attack on Mu from behind the line and result in the great encirclement. However this does not work as planned.

"What about the situation of our 8th Infantry regiment?"

"They are currently engaging the enemies at Kilewa. Colonel Gushin said that there are nothing to worry about"

"Very well. Send out 64th Combat group to reinforce the assault of Harunagakyo"

"Understood!"

Kilewa fields, 3:25 PM

Gra Valkans relentlessly assault Muish line and push them into running like a dogs. Mu forces reorganize at Dilemma fortress and begin to hold out Gra Valkans forces. For day without rest the 8th Infantry regiment fight like monster and so does Mu. Scattered across the plain is corpses and wreckage of vehicles.

Officer blow his whistle, Mu soldier was alerted in an instant.

"Gra Valkans! They are here!"

"Every mens to your battle station!"

Soldiers run across trench line and hold up their weapons, Muish Viz-18 semi-automatic rifle. They look out to the vast field infront, gentle wind blow through their ears and that's when Gra Valkans infantry come into their sights. The officer blow his whistle again and they start open fires.

The enemies that is advancing with no cover fall to their knees, some duck down to avoid any leads getting through their skull. Armored vehicles charge through, only for them to be immobilized from the armor piercing round or even the fortress gun. Gra Valkans infantry was stucked in their place, the best they could do is fire their gun.

Faint whistling sound is just now heard from the sky. Smoke trail left off by the artillery shells is visible to everyone in the area, the shells slam right through Mu fortress and trench line giving Gra Valkans infantry chance to charge.

"Artillery saved us.. CHARGE!"

"CHARGE!!!!"

They scream as they charge Mu trench. Trench raiding commence as Gra Valkans forces is right in the line.

"The Valkies is breaching our line! What is our cavalry doing!?"

"Hold them off! Don't let them pass!"

Whistle is blown by Mu side. Mu soldiers have advantage over Gra Valkans in term of firepower but..

"Shit! They coming into the fortre-" He stop immediately as he is face with the barrel of slug rifle (shotgun).

Unfortunately his face is slam open by the rifle before he could lift up his gun, many also met the same fate. Mu soldier run out of first bunker in panic due to Gra Valkans flame troopers. The battle turn into something else, something more terrifying than a simple battle. Concrete base of the fortress crumbles by tank's gun, fortress gun ammunition also detonate and create a larger secondary explosion in the process.

Mu troops hold out well but they couldn't withstand being outnumbered. The communication line is cut off so Mu couldn't request any outside help, Mu forces is spread out thin as they get push further. As if adding a salt to the injuries, Gra Valkans troops hit their flanks and start surrounding them. 5,000 Mu troops surrendered and Kilewa fall into the hand of Gra Valkas empire. It only the start of bloody battlefield that is 'Southern front'.

New Otaheit, Mu army command, 4:50 PM

General of Mu is aware that Gra Valkans is advancing on them hard but they are not scared. They will win only because they got Soviet union on their side, what else could they be worried about?

"Look like they have been pushing this far in the west.. it getting pretty concerning. I think we should divert our forces to that front more"

"I agree with him, if it keep on like this then we will be surrounded"

"Also, it seem like Milishian will start shipping their infantry to us. I believe we can win this"

Milishian infantry is undoubtedly the best in the world, their versatility is completely unmatched by other nation. The ogre that did heavy work, insectoid that will be a markmans or even the newest flying mage that the enemies infantry can't do anything about. This will end up as a one way victory.

However they didn't thought about the fact that Gra Valkas empire got a secret weapon up it's sleeves.. No one would ever saw it coming.

"Would Soviet union join the war with us?" Cesco asks other officer.

"They're still deciding"

"What about.. the Warsaw Pact?" One of them asks.

"Oh.. I think one of them uhh, Bulgaria is also shipping their mans here" Intelligence officer replies.

"Number?" Cesco turn his attention toward the intelligence officer immediately.

"Almost ten thousand"

"That's surprisingly low.."

Mu have been managing their front well but it simply not enough if they continue to hold it alone, Mu infantry never have a real combat experience except the one that saw the bloodbath of Arjin. Those soldiers knew Gra Valkans, they knew wars. Some of them even managing the new recruit right now even though they have a negative views toward this war but it couldn't be avoid anyways.

Location: Western Port Laminese, Parpaldia, 3rd Civilized area
24th June, 1633, 5:00 PM

The town with reminiscent of early 20th century New york with booming with a sound of a horn of a ship. Parpaldian soldier is seen running around carrying supplies as they does. Parpaldian troops is loading a bunch of unidentified supplies onto the line of ships. There's also American military officer inspecting this action as well.

"You want to ask our permission to send all this stuff to the west?" American officer ask the Parpaldian officials beside him.

"Yes, our old allies, Mu. Is in war with that Gra Valkas empire right now. It an order from prime minister to ship out 54 tons of supplies.."

"We can provide protection for the shipment, but are you sure this is enough?"

"It as much as we can provide"

"Alright then, America got your back."

Both of them shake hand. From enemies yesterday to a faithful allies of today, with United States helps Parpaldia successfully repair itself to be deemed worthy to call itself Parpaldia again. The rebellion has been put out, well almost all of it. That when the news of Calamique civil war came right at them, the problem is that Parpaldian civilian was caught in a crossfire and the government made a decision to retaliate. The civil war turned into a very ugly development so American forces was involved.

Calamique government was push against the corner by this coup due to the adversaries possessing this 'Ancient Sorcerous empire' relics. The war is still going on but Parpaldia is now focusing on helping Mu. They didn't know that the coup was support by someone, someone from nation that could rival superpower. The very unlikely player that will also join the New world war.

Soundtrack

Mt. Bertha - Height of the Damned  (Summoning the Cold Rivalry OST)

Soft Guitar of the Stranded
(Summoning the Cold Rivalry OST)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 389 12
In 2023, an ordinary day on earth. Suddenly, the light covering the planet has opened a new era for the people of the globe, it seems that they will...
1.4K 65 8
In the timeline of Nihonkou shoukan/Summoning Japan, the whole country of Japan was summoned into the new world to dominate and rule it with their ad...
64.4K 1.8K 32
After World War III, humanity achieved peace and established a single nation named World Union. It's all a peaceful lifetime until 2105. The World Un...
4.8K 145 8
What if just what if Japan wasn't the only one summoned, instead a plethora of contrasting countries were tied together by the strings of fate, what...