Teachers Tapestry

By lovingfemmes

It's Collette's first day of senior year and she already can't wait for it to be over. She's a good student w... More

Character visuals
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thirty-six
Thirty-seven.
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Forty
Forty-one
Forty-two
Forty-three
Forty-four
Forty-five
Forty-six
Forty-seven
Forty-eight
Forty-nine
Fifty
Fifty-one
Fifty-two
Fifty-three
Fifty-four
Fifty-five
Fifty-six
Fifty-seven
Fifty-eight
Fifty-nine
Sixty
Sixty-one
Sixty-two
Sixty-three
Sixty-four
Sixty-five
Sixty-six
Sixty-seven
Sixty-eight
Sixty-nine
Seventy
Seventy-one
Seventy-two
Seventy-three
Seventy-four
Seventy-five
Seventy-six
Seventy-sevenοΏΌ
Seventy-eight
Seventy-nine
Eighty
Eighty-one
Eighty-two
Eighty-three
Eighty-four
Eighty-five
Eighty-six
Eighty-seven
Epilogue
Bonus | Our little life

Six

13.3K 352 105
By lovingfemmes

Valentina's POV

It's my second year teaching and honestly, teaching this year at one of the best public schools in the Hamptons was probably one of the best decisions I could've made.

The pay was better than the old school i taught at, and it was a private school. But the down side is the students.

They are rowdy, loud and think because they live in big houses with parents who have big fancy names they can get away with anything.

The worst class I have is by far the senior English 15 class. They are rude, don't listen and hardly complete the class work. Not to be mean or anything but they all have the intelligence of cockroach.

I teach two English classes for the seniors since there's so many of them. English 12 is nicer than the others and at least have slightly more intelligence. Not by much but at least they actually complete the work.

I asked them to complete a two page summary of their favourite book they read last school year and half of them wrote stuff about the movies and most of them couldn't provide an adequate standard of senior level writing.

All except two out of all the 45 five students I teach in the senior class.

Collette and Zoë. They are bright students. Good at the subject too.

Last night I went out for a short and quick snack run with a pair of my best friends, Stella and Lottie, and their kids. Natalia and Emilia. They are sweethearts and I love them so much but when they're tired and grumpy, together, it's like putting pain and panic from Hercules together.

A mixture for trouble.

Emilia got overwhelmed inside the store yesterday so i offered to taker her for a short walk in the park with Artemis, my dog. They agreed and said they'd meet us there because they were almost finished.

I just expected Emilia to tell me about how nursery is, for the third time today, her asking if she can hold Artemis's leash and that would be it, we'd be out in no time.

But of course I made the mistake of taking Artemis off his leash so he can run around for a bit. And at some point he ran too far ahead so both me and Emilia were running after a 70lbs large dog.

When we did eventually reach him he was stopped in front of no other than Collette.

I didn't expect her to be there.

And in all honesty, she looked different. She looked tired and drained, not like how she does in school. She always looks so lively in school, so happy and smiley. Especially when she's with her friends, Zoë and the other one.

But last night, she looked drained.

Once Stella and Lottie took the girls home, I sat with her for a couple minutes and asked her what was up but I could tell she lied to me, playing it off as "teenage stuff" but I didn't want to press her on the matter because I am just her teacher after all.

And honestly, i get it takes time for a person to trust a teacher.

I didn't press the matter with her and just went home with Artemis.

Once we were home I just went straight to sleep.

But when I woke up this morning, the interaction I had with Collette the night before kept playing in my mind.

I wondered if she was genuinely alright and was just having a bad night. Or if there was something more to her problems.

It bothered me a little, I don't know why but it did.

I didn't dwell on it too much and just got ready for work, said good bye to Artemis and moved along.

✾ ✾ ✾

"Please take out your work from last lesson. And complete it. I want it by the end of the lesson. Complete to a good standard. You're seniors, please write like it." I tell my english 15 class.

This whole day has been stressful, it's the third day of school and the students are already irritating me.

The freshmen's, think if they suck up it'll do them some good when in reality, there is no point in sucking up. The one sophomore class are actually really quiet and have a good work ethic so I guess there's nothing wrong with them, the juniors are feral and I have nothing more to say about them but these seniors are so irritating and act like toddlers.

There's a knock at the door and a light skinned student with long curly hair stands at the door.

"Come in." I say sternly as the students in the class look up from their work.

"Um, I transferred to this class. I'm birdie spine." She says softly handing me a small yellow paper with her name and transfer number.

"Okay, take a seat." I tell her taking it from her.

"Everyone else. Back to work." I say sternly.

I walk over to her as she looks around to everyone else writing. She's come prepared, she already had a notebook and a pen out when normally the students are waiting for me to spoon feed them instructions.

"Okay, the last three days I've asked them all to write a two page summary of their favourite book they read last year. So everyone is just completing it for the end of the lesson, I can give you until Monday but if you finish it before then it would even better. Welcome to english 15 birdie." I say to her firmly and she nods.

During the class I keep my eyes locked in my computer and finished planning my lessons I have for the upcoming week.

Suddenly my phone lit up with a message.

From Zara, of all people.

Zara
Val, please just talk to me. Please.

Me
No Zara. There's nothing to talk about.

Zara
Val, come on. It's us. Please talk to me. I never realised that it was that big of a deal. Please.

Me
Zara, sleeping around while we were engaged isn't a big deal to you? There's nothing to talk about.

Zara
Come on Valentina, you and I both know there's more to this. Come home tonight, we can talk.

Me
Zara, there's nothing.

Zara
Just once val, that's all I'm asking for baby.

Me
Fine.

Zara
I'll see you at home.

I shut my phone off and looked up to see all the students have their heads down except one. Birdie Spine.

I make eye contact with her and realise that she has two pages on her desk. Spread out.

I nod in her direction, and the bell goes off.

"Everyone please hand in your summaries and bring the book we spoke about last lesson in Monday. The odyssey." I raise my voice above the ringing bell and the students hand in their papers one by one.

"Birdie stay." I say as she approaches my direction.

She stands off the side as everyone else handed in their papers and walked to their next class.

Once everyone left I turned to birdie who stood to the left of my desk.

"You finished your paper early, despite only joining this morning." I say calmly but sternly.

"Yes." She says slightly confident.

"And the book you chose was?"

"Pride and prejudice." She says softly once again.

So there's two up to standard pupils who did the same book. Collette and Birdie.

"Okay, that's a good book. I'll read over the paper and give it back to you. You did it in the given time despite only joining my class this morning. You have good work ethic. You can leave, please do remember the odyssey for Monday." I say to her firmly and coldly.

"Thank you. And I'll remember." She says turning to walk to the door.

I quickly skim over her paper and realise that her paper is well written but she uses sophomore level writing most of the time. Unlike Collette's take on the book, she has so much depth but lacks personal opinion.

Their writing styles are similar but the standard is different. I decided to log into the school systems to see the differences between Collette and Birdie.

Birdie seems smarter than all the other students in this class but I don't know if she has the level to be with the other group. Since Collette is the best student I have in the other class, maybe I could compare the level they work at to see if birdie could move up or not.

I look over the students name in the school system and click her name first.

Birdie Spine.

BIrdie spine is an overall straight A student. She's only failed one class, calculus. Understandable, don't like any form of maths either.

After birdie I click over to Collette's name.

Collette Calliope Hollis.

I try and fight back a smile at her middle name. It's very pretty. She's a good student, most of her grades are A's but she has a few B's and is also only failing calculus.

She's an interesting student.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 2.8K 29
Ava Wills is a eighteen year old girl transfering to a new school. What happended at the last? A lot of drama, conflicts which , still sticked to her...
1M 29.1K 32
Her ass hit the front of her desk and there was nowhere else for her to go. I didn't give it a second thought before plastering my lips onto her own...
79.5K 1.8K 32
Everything happens when Erica Johnson moves to another country to study, everything seems normal until she finds out about her new teacher that later...
611K 12K 59
Savannah starts her first days of high school, and is already, ready to give up, but little does she know the teacher is smoking hot, and won't give...