Summoning the Cold Rivalry

By PanzerSchmuck

13th June, 1987. Tension start to easing between USSR and United States, everything was going smoothly until... More

Chapter 1, The lights&New world
Chapter 2: Contact
Chapter 3: Diplomacy
Chapter 4: New hopes
Chapter 5: Lost Civilization
Chapter 6: Surprise, Surprise
Chapter 7: Superpower
Chapter 8: Reinforcement
Chapter 9: Liberation & Downfalls
Chapter 10: Occupation
Chapter 11: Visitors
Chapter 12: Siege
Chapter 13: Looming danger
Chapter 14: Engagement
Chapter 15: The Beginning
Chapter 16: Night raid
Chapter 17: Off shores
Chapter 18: Grave Mistake
Chapter 19: Strike back
Chapter 20: Against all odds
Chapter 21: Involvement
Chapter 22: Blood rain
Chapter 23: First step
Chapter 24: Imminent demise
Chapter 25: Prophecy
Chapter 25.5: Alternative
Chapter 26: Old against new
Chapter 27: Motherland
Chapter 28: Hunts
Chapter 29: Eagle claws
Chapter 30r: Devil dogs
Chapter 31: Unexpected
Chapter 32: Ultimatum
Chapter 33: Sacred
Chapter 34: Operation Sword tip
Chapter 35: Fight of the Valkyries
Chapter 36: Political dispute
Chapter 37: That time
Chapter 38: Invincible
Chapter 39: Weakened
Chapter 40: New era
Chapter 41: Bear and Eagle
Chapter 42: Purposes
Chapter 43: New beginnings
Chapter 44: Invitation
Chapter 45: Transition
Chapter 46: World's conference
Chapter 47: Preparation
Chapter 48: Sunk with all hands
Chapter 49: Calm before the storm
Chapter 50: Great naval battle I
Chapter 51: Great naval battle II
Chapter 52: Great naval battle III
Chapter 53: Encirclement
Chapter 54: Great naval battle IV
Chapter 54.2069: Distant past
Chapter 55: Great Naval Battle Finale
Chapter 56: Perspective
Chapter 57: Desert storm
Chapter 58: Turning tide
Chapter 59: Battle for Cartalpas
Chapter 60: Desert Skirmishes
Chapter 60.5: Expedition (Part 2)

Chapter 51.5: Expedition (Part 1)

522 23 7
By PanzerSchmuck

Location: Grameus continent, Tranquility lake
23rd July, 1633, 2:00 PM

While the war is happening in the west, the east also had made some progress. Mainly the US expedition of Grameus continent, after a few days of sending the expeditionaire through the gate of the world they had established a HQ nearby the lake already. In this land which mostly is covered in snow, the soldiers has to wear winter clothes all the time here. Fortunately it not that cold for everything to be renders obsolete here.

It took a while for them to realize that this planet has no seasons at all. so every terrain and weather will remain mostly the same. American forces did made contact with Esperanto Kingdom that was still partially under Parpaldia's rule but they took care of that. They also contact with isolated human village located at Mt.Enavoregio and along side with Dwarven city. Everything seem to be going well so far.

"Hey, you wanna do something?" Sergeant, Led ask his friend.

"What?" Sergeant, Dyle replies.

"Y'know, explore and stuff"

"But wouldn't we need a permission first?"

"Well yeah.. but I already ask for a permission"

"Seriously?"

Led replies with a nod.

"Also the command tell us to bring our squads too"

"Well that should be fun"

After a little preparation, they set off of the HQ and into wilderness. 2 Humvees is out for a missions.

"Dwarven underground city, check. The village.. uh.. let go to the village"

"Aye aye"

They turn Humvees toward the destination, while doing so a few F-15 fly over their head. There is no threat for the air force whatsoever so they are allow to freely travel the skies. Unlike the ground forces. The humvees run along the unstable road, they wish they didn't choose this path. Moreover this place has bunch of fantasy monster, not a few bunch but a whole lot of them. Demi-humans populations outnumbered humans population here in in this continent is quite crazy.

It completely different from every lands they been to so far. The civilization is undeveloped to the point that they don't even have any guns and still use sword and all that antique weapons.

"We explore 46% of the continent already. So apparently the northern side is all that left"

"The northern side? I thought they already going to explore it"

"Yeah but.. the native said the north is very dangerous, don't know how true is that though"

And while they are talking, a shout come from outside. It was inaudible within the humvee.

"Mike, can you go see what the hell was that?"

"Fuck sake."

He open the hatches to the top of a humvee. It was a little person standing infront of them except they have wings.

"The fuck is that?" He ask immediately.

"Seem to be a child. Wait are those wings?" Led also ask another question.

The little person shout at them again but louder.

"Can you hear me!?"

"What?!" Mike shout back.

"Great. Listen up you weakling! You ain't getting pass with those iron wagons of yours 'star peoples'!"

Mike look back in the humvee with visible confusion.

"The fuck is a 'star people'? We are not aliens, right?" he ask his squad.

"A freaking joke, maybe we are aliens to them. But we don't have any problem talking with the native before.."

"If the conversation is going nowhere we can just ignore it" Led said as he press the horn.

Horn sounded from the humvee in an attempt to scare it away but, it isn't working. He try pressing it a couple more times and get the same results.

"Your iron wagons don't scare me! If you attempt to get closer to the forest, I will blow you away with my power!"

Led couldn't careless anymore and start stepping on the accelerator to start moving.

"Oh? They're coming closer..?"

"Now you've done it! I will show you the power of strongest fairy around here!" She immediately casts a magic toward the humvees.

Bunch of icicle spike head toward the armored part of a humvee, all of which didn't penetrate whatsoever.

"Damn.. was that magic? Is it that easy to use?" One member in the squad surprised.

"We been around for only a year. It not weird to find something new"

"Let get out before one of those hit our wheels"

The humvees speed up and run past the fairy and toward the village.

"They run away!? They must be scared of my power.." she follow the humvees also.

On the otherside, much more organized expedition mission is being carried out. Helicopter and APC at disposal and awaiting orders.

"That's a lot.. Does the North really is that dangerous?" Lieutenant, Gunman ask.

"What do you think? A whole platoon gone missing there.. we still can't contact them ever since" Captain, Frill replies.

"A whole platoon!?" Gunman is shocked, he wouldn't expect a platoon size unit to gone missing in a land like this.

"Yes. So we have to step up a bit, as you can see.. that is a brigade combat team. If they gone missing like that platoon then I got no words to say.."

They will travel alongside the eastern section of the lake, which the forest is less thick compare to the western section. Once out of the edge of northern section of the forest they will go far east beyond Guradoah. It a simple operation. They might as well try to find a reason why the former platoon went missing.

At 3:00 PM. BCT start moving out of the HQ. They are led by Colonel Hurlan Shaw and move into the vast field covered in a white snow. After a while that they reach the half way through, the Brigade Combat Team decide to take a break alongside the lake shores. It only been 3 hours since they move out. A rumbling is suddenly heard all around.

"At position!"

"Be on guard! Ready for combat!"

American forces hurry to find the sources of the rumbling, they were ready for combat anything that come through the forest. However there's none.

Oni's Bandit camp

This place is the source of the rumbling, many demonic looking creatures gather around to watch a fight.

"Boss is fighting big sis again!"

"They are gonna destroy the mountains side!"

Two Onis fighting each other in contest of strength is nothing but a common sight. These Oni or Ogre are always confident in their strength no matter what. A hot headed races and only know how to use fist to do the talking. They are completely impossible to be reason with. Another strike to the ground which causes another quake.

The surrounding creatures is cheering louder as the fight continue to intensifies.

"Hey! I thought you are better than this!" Leader of the bandits mock the adversary.

"What are you babbling about!?"

They clash head to head, the sheer power blown away the wind. It like a cannon shot.

"Oh? You're mad?"

"That's probably you"

"Well that's too bad" the leader tighten her fists and throw the punch.

Direct hits, the adversary is sent flying into the mountain. The fight is over. Everybody cheers, the fight was fun for every monsters that watched.

"..Now bring them in"

Bunch of creatures bring in a humans in white attires, it clear as day that it is the missing American platoon. They were atleast frustrated that some of the mens has to die by the hand of these humans.

"You don't get that weird weapon with you now. Where did you come from?"

American soldiers keep their mouth shut and not answering her questions.

"This is going nowhere"

"How long are you going to keep silent?"

No response, judging by their attires, they seem to be a soldier of some sort but unlike other humans they always encountered, this one wear no armors.

"Take them away, throw them in with the livestock" she ordered.

This particular group is known for their savagery in which scared every humans and other races in the area. Unlike Ogre residents of Heiskanen, these bandits is way more brutal on dealing with thing they don't like. Atleast the Ogre in Heiskanen learned how to negotiate.

Like every others monster in this continent, they see humans as food. Sometimes humans magic or military did gave them an unneeded trouble, but it still weak. That what they thought.

"What is that?" One of the monsters look up to the sky.

The sound of chopper blade echo in the sky, even from this distance.

"What even is that?"

"Let's go hunt it"

The monster quickly rush toward the direction of the chopper. Leader of the bandit see this and hold up the entire tree with ease before aiming it at the chopper.

"Stand still.. you weird looking animal"

She throw an entire tree at the chopper, it misses.

"Oh? It dodge my throw..?"

Suddenly a hail of light is heading toward her in matter of a seconds. She duck and hide behind the tree, dust is kick up into the air as those lights hit the ground. It actually might be dangerous. The lone chopper begin retreating from the spot and out of bandit's area.

"What the hell was that?!"

She didn't thought there would be such dangerous beast in the skies aside from Dragon and Wyverns. They would need to think again about invading humans territories.

Brigade Combat Team camp

The team are still in combat position and there's nothing known about the enemies at all.

"Colonel, I found a camp east of the section. They don't seem to be human but-" his word is cut short as something just missed them.

"I-Is that a tree? Holy shit!" Gun fire is the only thing that fills the radio.

The only thing they know is that, the enemies this time definitely isn't normal. If this problem doesn't goes away soon then it might turn into full fledged battle. Every soldiers embrace of what to come.

American expedition into Grameus continent is a successful operation, however there's also many dangerous creature that hinders their operation in there as well. Over half of the continent is already explored by surveillance flight. The more they explore, the closer they are to forbidden territories.

Map of Grameus continent

I do bring news to you that we finally got an official discord server! Feel free to join
https://discord.com/invite/7XBqDPBG

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.3K 1.1K 23
Reincarnated in Another World With the Ability to Create a Modern Country Dariel a senior high school student who died because of a traffic accident...
4.8K 145 8
What if just what if Japan wasn't the only one summoned, instead a plethora of contrasting countries were tied together by the strings of fate, what...
1.4K 65 8
In the timeline of Nihonkou shoukan/Summoning Japan, the whole country of Japan was summoned into the new world to dominate and rule it with their ad...
2.4K 98 4
(Formerly: A New Destiny Unfurled) "Animus in consulendo liber" a mind unfettered in deliberation... This is the motto of Earth's most prominent mili...