Losing Hope *EDITING*

By jensenclays

(Glenn Rhee love story) Living through hell is hard for Claire. That hell just so happens to be trying to sur... More

Chapter 1; Claire Curvel
Chapter 2; Claire Curvel
Chapter 3; Claire Curvel
Chapter 4; Claire Curvel
Chapter 5; Claire Curvel
Chapter 6; Claire Curvel
Chapter 7; Claire Curvel
Chapter 8; Claire Curvel
Chapter 9; Claire Curvel
Chapter 10; Claire Curvel
Chapter 11; Claire Curvel
Chapter 12; Glenn Rhee
Chapter 13; Claire Curvel
Chapter 14; Claire Curvel
Chapter 15; Claire Curvel
Chapter 16; Claire Curvel
Chapter 17; Glenn Rhee
Chapter 18; Claire Curvel
Chapter 19; Claire Curvel
Chapter 20; Claire Curvel
Chapter 21; Claire Curvel
Chapter 22; Claire Curvel
Chapter 23; Claire Curvel
Chapter 24; Claire Curvel
Chapter 25; Glenn Rhee
Chapter 26; Claire Curvel
Chapter 27; Claire Curvel
Chapter 28; Claire Curvel
Chapter 29; Glenn Rhee
Chapter 30; Claire Curvel
Chapter 31; Claire Curvel
Chapter 32; Glenn Rhee
Chapter 33; Claire Curvel
Chapter 34; Glenn Rhee
Chapter 36; Claire Curvel
Chapter 37; Claire Curvel
Chapter 38; Claire Curvel
Chapter 39; Glenn Rhee
Choose one please (A/N note)
Chapter 40; Claire Curvel
Chapter 41; Claire Curvel
Chapter 42
a/n; please read
Chapter 43; Claire Curvel
Chapter 44; Claire Curvel
Chapter 45; Claire Curvel
important!! please read.
sequel
a/n

Chapter 35; Claire Curvel

3.1K 85 7
By jensenclays

My eyes fluttered open, my body feeling completely over worked. I was beyond tired. Exhausted mentally and physically.

We've made a complete circle again; heading back close to the direction of Hershel's farm that got over run. Nobody has really gotten any sleep since we've been trapped in the cars for the past 4 days. It just seems like our luck is running low again.

"You coming?" Glenn asked, hitting his hand on the side of the truck to gain my attention. "Actually no, I think you should sit this one out."

I shook my head, rubbing the back of my filthy hands over my eyes.

"I'm fine," I lied, holding back a yawn. "I already told Rick I'd help clear out the house."

"Claire, you need rest," Glenn pestered.

I chuckled lightly, standing up in the back of the truck and hopping out. "So do you and everyone else, and we ain't going to get it until we find a safe place to stay."

I patted his shoulder before walking away from him and towards the car Rick is driving. I huddled up with everyone else, slinging my arm over Beth's shoulder to lean on her tiredly. She gave me a small smile --in which I returned.

"Al'right who's volunteering to help clear this house out other than me and Claire already?" Rick asked.

I peeked over his shoulder, waving a small hello towards Lori. She mouthed hello back before slumping in the seat like she normally does. She's been having a lot of mood swings lately which is totally understandable. You know with being pregnant in a apocalypse and all; barely being able to move quickly because she has to worry about the baby in her stomach too.

"I'll go," Carl volunteered.

Rick gave him a look, one that seemed like he was going to protest. "All right little C, we'll be partners again," I said, watching as at least a little relief washed over Rick. I pushed myself away from Beth and took my spot next to Carl,pushing his hat on top of his head down playfully.

"Me and T-Dog can help, let's just get a move on ca' we," Daryl rushed.

Rick handed me my beretta; he only had a hold of it because he needed a gun when I wasn't helping them scavenge places. Looking he found ammo for both of our guns, as well as shotgun ammo and some ammo for Carl's pistol. Kid never runs out of bullets now that I think about it.

"Let's go, Carl and Claire, you two wait until we get in first," Rick ordered.

"Sir yes sir," I joked, lazily saluting him.

Rick rolled his eyes as Carl snorted. I was too tired to really make a joke out of it so I left it at that. I pushed Carl before falling into step with him up the porch. I raised my gun as Rick busted the door open with his foot and me and Carl followed in like ordered after the three men went.

Me and Carl followed Rick while Daryl went left and T-Dog went to check the two closed doors on the right. Carl and I followed Rick into a dark hallway before Carl pulled me the other way.

I let Carl lead the way since he had my flashlight, but I stayed right behind him, a hand on his shoulder just in case I had to pull him back. "I think it was just those two walkers at the door," he whispered.

I shrugged, coughing to clear my itchy throat. "Maybe. Or maybe their playing hide and seek with us."

Carl only shook his head in front of me as I followed him to a bedroom. He slowly pushed it open, both of us cringing as it creaked. This house must be old as hell. "Over there," I pointed out quietly at a lone walker facing away from us.

I flinched back as Carl didn't even blink, just put a bullet straight through the old looking walker. He didn't say a word to me as he walked out the room, leaving me there to wonder about the poor boy. He was changing.

That was obvious. You had to change in this world, but I just feel like he's changing for the worse. A change that leaves no room for him to be a kid anymore and that's not fair to him. He shouldn't have to grow up so fast.

Hell, I keep telling myself I have to, but I still try to hold on to as much immaturity as I can. That's why I've resorted in telling a lot more lame jokes than usual around Carl, just to get as much of a laugh out of him as I can. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I sighed, tucking my beretta into the holster around my hip that Maggie gave me. It was a lot more convenient than having to constantly tuck my gun behind the waistband of my jeans. I tiptoed over to the dead walker, frowning at the poor state she was in. She was beyond dirty; she looked like she was sick before she even became a walker by how thin and brittle she was. Or maybe it was just old age.

She was in nothing but a dirty pink bra and some pajama shorts. She must have died in her sleep. A sucky way to go because than you can't really tell anybody to put a bullet through your skull because you wouldn't even know you were going to die. I squatted down, pulling the mangled sheet that laid on the ground over her.

"Now you can sleep," I whispered. I stood back up, wiping my sweaty palms on my jeans before turning around. I had to quickly cover my mouth with my hand as I let out a frightened scream, nearly jumping back on to the walker that laid on the ground. I squinted my eyes, removing my hand from my mouth and placing it on my chest as my heart beat erratically. "Jesus Glenn, you scared the shit out of me."

"Sorry," he apologized. I rolled my eyes as he failed to stifle his laughter. "Carl said you were still in here so I came to check on you."

I took a deep breathe, letting my arms fall to my sides before walking over to the door way where he stood. "You could have knocked."

Glenn nodded, a smirk on his face. "I could have, but it was more fun almost seeing you piss yourself."

I flicked under his chin, leaning up and kissing his cheek softly. I held back a laugh as he leaned in for a kiss on the lips, pretending to go along with it, I leaned in too. I waited until he closed his eyes before quickly shimming past him laughing and running into the kitchen.

"Awe, Claire come on!" he yelled.

I laughed, leaning against the messy table until he walked in grumpily, Carl walking out as he tucked something into his pockets. "Awe, is little Glenny pooh sad now," I teased.

Glenn nodded his head, making me want to pinch him at how needed he was being. I motioned him to come closer, a mischievous smile replacing my teasing one. I waited until he was standing right in front of me, his hands on either side of the table of me to keep me trapped in his presence.

"You can have a kiss under one circumstance," I offered.

"Why can't I just get a kiss?"

"Because my breathe stinks," I pointed out. "And so does yours, so if you can guess how many more bullets I have in my beretta you win."

"Six," he quickly said.

I frowned. "Cheater, Rick already told you didn't he?"

Glenn nodded, his eyes squinting a he grinned widely. I rolled my eyes, pushing him back with my hand. I grabbed a fist full of his shirt, tugging him down so I wouldn't have to strain my neck. I was only 3 inches shorter than Glenn, but that three inches was something I was too lazy to reach for so he'd just have to go three inches shorter.

My eyes slowly shut as our lips meet. The kiss was gentle, hesitate at first but soon they fell in sync with each other as we memorized the affectionate touch.

I tried to pull back but as quick as I moved, Glenn had his arms around my back, leaving me to grip onto his shirt and pull him as close to me as possible. That feeling of warmth consumed me like all the other unforgettable times my lips molded against his, shivers running from the tips of my toes to the back of my neck. My knees felt weak as we pulled apart from each other, Glenn's hands moving down to squeeze my hips.

I looked up at him awkwardly, my face getting hot as my cheeks and neck got warm. Glenn smiled, down at me, kissing the top of my head. "I've been waiting days for that," he whispered.

I chuckled, shaking my head as I pulled his hands gently off of me. "Yeah yeah lover boy, let's go sit with everyone else before they think we're up to something."

I grabbed his hand as I walked to the empty living room where the others sat. I avoided my gaze from Beth, knowing she would be the first person to say something if I made eye contact with her. It was oddly silent among everyone, an awkward tension among everyone. I let Glenn's hand go as T-Dog made the signal that walkers were around.

Great. Never a fucking break from them. Everyone gathered their things they brought in before following Daryl out of the back door. We rushed to the cars, tossing them into the trunks. I jumped into the passenger seat of T-Dog's truck, instead of getting in the back and scooted over as Glenn quickly got in and shut the door.

I groaned, leaning my head back as we drove off. "We never get a fucking break anymore," I grumbled.

"Price we pay to stay alive," T-Dog said.

I shook my head, closing my eyes and laying my head on Glenn's shoulder. What I would give just to find a safe place to stay for a while. A place to call home again. A place we wouldn't have to move from just because walkers showed up. A place we could get a fucking break.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59K 1K 80
Rori Rhee has survived this long, been through so many death. Yet she still had Carl, her parents, and the rest of the group. Except, she's slowly lo...
153K 4.9K 28
❛ we're young, we'll figure it out together. ❜ the walking dead season two - t...
636K 15.3K 51
As Carl and his group slowly and painfully survive the apocalypse, turns out someone else was too. (Y/n) was living in what was left of the world al...
177K 4.8K 45
She's a wildfire, touch her and you'll burn. [Rick Grimes] [The Walking Dead]