Her Redemption

By hArl3writess

Katherine is a cunning girl who uses her charm and wit to manipulate those around her, all in pursuit of powe... More

aesthetics & A/N
1 | Pilot
2 | Twin
3 | Truama
4 | New girl
5 | Threats
6 | Playing boys
7 | The incident
8 | Cravings
9 | Brutal honesty
10 | Are you threatening me?
11 | The tape
12 | Denial
13 | Limits
14 | Murder
16 | Tension
17 | The truth
18 | - S
19 | Corruption
20 | A lesson
21 | Episode
22 | Favourite person
23 | Dressed in death
24 | Whipped
25 | Stripped from innocence
26 | Oblivion
27 | Spooked
28 | Victim
29 | Halloween Party
30 | Arrested
31 | unmaSked
32 | Betrayal
33 | Surprises

15 | Car drive

224 11 4
By hArl3writess

katherine blackthorn

It's been a few days since that night happened. And the feds are determined to discover who killed Cian, the boy who got shot.

  Me and the others are still deciding if we should confess that we witnessed it or not.

  Cian's death is all over the news. Yet, they have included that he was a part of the mafia, and that's possibly the reason why he died.

  But, the mafia would take care of it. They would've covered the murder up by taking the body.

  "I just want to know who shot him," Ellie said, taking a sip of her coke as everyone listened in. It's currently break and we're all sitting outside on a bench.

  "Did anyone see anything?" I asked, my leg bouncing with nerves. I know who shot Cian, but not really.

  "No," They all say, "It was pitch black, and they possibly could have shot him from the roof. We were all mostly focused on Danny." Fletcher finished off.

  Rome was staring at me with a small smile. He knew who it was because I told him. I've told him about Sofie and my past, so he might as well be a part of the entire thing.

  Or am I just luring him into a trap?

  "Have you managed to get into the camera feed?" I asked Fletcher who promised he would try to get someone to hack into it.

  "Nope," He pops the p, "My hacker said someone has already beaten us to it."

  Fear curls inside me, "Cops?".

  "No," Ellie shakes her head, "Otherwise the cops would've already asked us to come in for questioning."

  "Guys we witnessed a murder and we're not telling the feds about it," Amber said, "That's a serious felony."

  Silence greets us. We didn't know what to say because it was the truth.

  If we didn't say anything about Cian's death and the police found out that we were there, we could get in serious shit.

  "How's Darius?" I asked.

  "He's been okay," Scarlet replied, "Still in bed rest."
  Darius has suffered the most. Having a fractured arm and severe bruises.

  Rome and Fletcher managed to escape with just a few bruises on their knuckles and face.

  "His parents are asking questions though," She trailed on.

  "Guys," Amber draws our attention, nodding her head in a direction. Our eyes land on Bella who is sauntering towards us, "She doesn't know. Should we tell her?".

  "No," I state, shaking my head. "It's risky."

  "Hey guys!" Bella said with a smile on her face, completely oblivious to what we were just talking about. "I was looking all over the place for you."

  "Sorry," Everyone except me says.

  Bella sits, sighing. "So what were you all talking about?".

  Everyone looked at each other, not knowing what to say which made it suspicious.

  "About Cian," I protest, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear, "It's tragic."

  "I know," Bella replies, "He was left for dead."
  I can't help but notice Bella's paranoid state; Her fingers fidgeting, legs bouncing rapidly, beads of sweat dripping down her face with massive bags under her eyes. Almost like she hasn't been sleeping.

  The bell starts to flood my ears making everyone react by rising from their seats.

  "See you all at lunch," Everyone goes their separate ways. Until I'm turning around to the sound of my name being summoned, "Katherine!".

  Rome jogs up to me, swinging his backpack onto one shoulder. "Hey."

  "Hi," I gave him a tight smile as we entered the school together, "What do you need?".

  We walk beside each other, getting slight glimpses of other students.

  "I was wondering if you'd be willing to come to mine after school?" He asked, making my eyebrow rise.

  A smirk rests on my lips, "To do what?" I tease.

  He chuckles, shaking his head in amusement. "We haven't started on the assignment yet, and it needs to be handed in two days."

  "Oh fuck yeah," I'm standing in-front of my lesson "That completely slipped my mind. Sorry."

  I was too busy focusing on everything else except being focused on my grades.

  "So," Rome trails, "I'll take it as a yes?".

  Considering I'm nearly failing in Science, and I'd love to spend time with Rome alone.

  "Yes," I answered.

  ————

"I was thinking of going to the mall later," Ellie stated as we exited the school, "Would you like to come?".

  I bite the inside of my cheek, turning to her. "Can't. I'm going over Rome's."

  Before I could finish my sentence, a muffled scream left her lips. "What!?".

  I laugh, getting embarrassed off all the attention Ellie had drawn.

  "Are you going to fuck?" She asks, making me hit her arm playfully. "Ow! What the fuck was that for?".

  "Because you are way ahead of yourself," I walk ahead of her, making her scatter towards my side.
"We need to work on the assignment for Science, and I consider that you do the same thing with Fletcher."

  "Fletcher and I are on the same page," She said, "We don't care."

  "Ain't that a pity," I say sarcastically, rolling my eyes, "No wonders why your both thick as fuck."

  "Shut up," Ellie rolls her eyes, "Let me have a look at you." Her eyes start to train over my outfit.

  I was wearing a V shaped black corset that pushed up my tits completely, black flared jeans, black and white Jordan's, and a simple cropped north face puffer jacket.

  I also styled my hair in loose bouncy curls.
  "Your outfits are always the best," Ellie compliments, still shamelessly checking me out, "He'd be so lucky to have you."

  "Thanks babe," I giggle, both of us walking towards Rome who leans against his Porsche, "Hi."

  "Hi beautiful," Rome flashes me his smile, "You ready?".

  "Yep," I chirp, hugging Ellie goodbye.

  "Take care of her," Ellie said to Rome with a playful tone.

  "Of course," Rome laughs, opening the passenger door for me to climb inside. I thank him before climbing inside his car, being welcomed with elegance and the smell of his cologne.

  Soon enough, Rome has joined me and he's starting to drive us to his house.

  Tension is enveloping around us, swarming us with awkwardness and dreading silence.

  I was starting to shift uncomfortably in the seat because it was that awkward.

  Rome clears his throat loudly, obviously trying to break the silence, "Please say something."

  I'm turning to look at him. He's glimpsing at me a few times with a grin. I couldn't focus; advertising my eyes down his bare arms, noticing his veins bulging underneath his skin.

  "I don't know what to say," I say with a small laugh.
  "Literally anything," He continued, "Just please don't let us sit in silence."

  I notice his leg starting to bounce whilst his finger taps against the driver's wheel. Anxiety getting the best of him.

  "Do you smoke?" I ask suddenly, taking him back slightly.

  "Sometimes," He answers with his face scrunched in confusion, "Why are you asking?".

  I sigh, reaching inside my bag to pull out the cigarette box. I reveal it to him with my eyebrows raised, "Do you mind?".

  His lips pursed, "Just have the window down."
  A smile brightens my face, "Do you want one?".

  "If you're offering."

  I pull out two cigarettes and the lighter out of the box.

  "Put it in my mouth," Rome says, "I'm driving." He manages to find an excuse, putting his hands off the wheel slightly.

  I roll my eyes with a giggle falling from my lips. I bring the cigarette closer to his lips, making sure his lips secure it. My flesh slightly grazes across his lips, and I see him exhale harshly.

  "Please don't burn my hair," He says, slightly muffled, making me laugh. His natural curly, fluffy hair hangs above his eyes.

  "I'll try not to."

  Once I ignite the flame on the lighter, I bring it closer to his cigarette, making sure it burns. And once it did, he inhaled the toxic chemicals.

  I do the same.

The windows are down, me and Rome are smoking whilst we listen to Lil Peep in the background.

  It was nice. Calming. And comfortable.

  "Can I ask a question?" Rome suddenly asked, exhaling the smoke out the window. He holds his cigarette between his fingers whilst he drives.

  "Depends on what question you're going to ask," I implied, inhaling the chemicals that soothes my nerves.

  He shook his head, "Why is this person so committed to killing you? Was you really that bad in Georgia?".

  He was staring at me, hoping for an answer.
  If I answer, I'm scared that the way he's staring at me right now will change. He will start looking at me like I'm some monster.

  I sighed, "I wasn't really the best person to be involved with. I will admit that I was a horrible person. And then I learnt that the hard way, by Sofie's suicide."

  His eyes kept flickering to me, "Is there any reason why you acted the way you did?".

  I'm taking long puffs between sentences. My leg was bouncing rapidly, as my heart was pounding against my chest.

  Fuck, why was this so hard?

  "If I'm prying, please tell me to stop. I don't want to make you uncomfortable."

  "It's fine," I exhale, "I acted the way I was because Thomas was always the centre of attention. My parents had a favourite child. And they didn't care to show it. So they neglected my presence my entire life until his death. I just wanted someone to give me that treatment, so I manipulated numerous people to get what I thought I deserved," I trailed on, "Love. But when I was doing that, my focus was on the person I was manipulating to love me. I didn't notice that I was being a complete bitch to people."

  I didn't mention the abuse I endured from my father because that wasn't relevant.

  "My parents expect me to be perfect as Thomas was," I was laughing to myself, "But Thomas wasn't perfect. Not one bit. He was a rapist, who drank and drugged himself to the absolute brim."

   I didn't mean to mention that. And I was slightly judging myself because of it.

  You're making me look weak!
  I'm sorry.

  "Maybe he deserved to die," I muttered.
  I was looking at Rome who was processing all of this. Possible questions running through his mind.

  And I'm waiting for a reaction.

  "Katherine," He starts, not calling me the nickname he branded me as, "Someday, someone will love you endlessly. They'll heal a beautiful soul that shouldn't have endorsed that much trauma because you don't deserve it."

  I see him mumble something under his breath, but I brush it past me.

  He was now having a conversation with his head, hesitant about his next words until he finally decided to speak aloud. "My father expects me to be perfect. And when I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety, he said I was a burden to the family name. I was a mistake for being diagnosed with an illness that he inflicted onto me."

  We were both sharing each other's trauma, learning about one another.

  And I felt comfortable talking about it to him.
  It felt like someone actually cared enough to listen.

  "In some ways," He was being careful with his words, "I get you. Always expected to be perfect. But I can't compare my trauma to yours."

  Rome turns down a road, throwing away his finished cigarette out of the window. I realised mine was finished so I copied his actions.

  "You don't deserve what happened to you," His eyes glazed with adoration.

  There was a minute of silence, both of us staring into each other's eyes with depth, until I noticed we've come to an abrupt stop.

  "We're here."

AUTHORS NOTE
i hope this isn't much that i'm asking for but please fucking comment on my chapters. i like to read what your thoughts, opinions, ect.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 295 31
What if everything you didn't know you were looking for was right under you..... May has spent most of her life behind the same four walls doing as s...
3K 998 31
[ A COMPLETED 2020 TEEN MYSTERY ] Life can take a turn for the worst when you least expect it, spiralling deeply out of control in mere days. It's h...
390K 5.1K 18
~ A Mafia Romance ~ ISABELLA - A sweet but dangerous girl, daughter of the Spanish Mafia leader. Treated as nothing but a princess, she dreams of bec...
570 36 32
Ripped away from the one person who ever truly cared about her, Katherine soon discovers how cruel the world could be. Katherine thought the idea of...