Nobody Cares. (One Direction...

By ToBeLostInThought

One Direction Adoption Story: Belle Centful is a thirteen-year-old girl that believes nobody cares about her... More

Living Hurts
Letters
Lies
Wake Up
New Friend
Not Knowing Yet
Our Little Secret
Plane Ride Pranks
First Night
From Dreams to Reality
Sassiness
Paranoid
Drawing Skills Exposed
Worry
Testing Tears
From Reading To A Pillow Fight
Just What I Need
For Now
All I Care About
Lowest Point
Smile
Mirrors
Keep Going
I'm Done
Visit
Don't Understand
Won't Go Away
Surrendered
Confidence
Keeps Getting Better
Regret
Memories In Dreams Again
I Swear
Not Believing
Ran Away
Blackbird
Living Doesn't Hurt
Sequel
Repeat

Four Princes and A Peasant

10.4K 280 99
By ToBeLostInThought

{Harry's POV}

Did she think I was going to hit her? I would never hit Belle. I would never even hit a girl.

The terror in her eyes shattered my heart. When she screamed Zayn's name I stopped thinking. All I could do was pick up her hand and look at it. The worst part was watching her.

The sound of the glass breaking woke me up. But it didn't wake up Natalie so I tried going back to sleep, thinking it was just the thunder.

But once another crash of thunder hit I knew it wasn't that. They sounded completely different.

I got out of bed, threw a shirt on, grabbed the skateboard from under my bed, then walked out into the hall. No one was out here. I held the skateboard up near my head, ready to hit someone as I searched the house.

Nobody. I thought I was overreacting, but when I walked past Belle's room I heard noises.

I cracked the door open to see Belle's bed empty. Instantly I panicked but when I took a step inside I saw her in the bathroom.

She sat with her back against the tub looking at her hand. As I looked closer I noticed it was bleeding.

"1...2...3...4." She whispered before thunderstruck again. I didn't know what to do. My arms lowered so the skateboard was resting by my side. The only thing I could do was observe.

I watched as she continued to count and stare at her bleeding hand.

After a while she stood up, cleaned her hand, then went back into bed. She kept counted until she feel asleep.

Once she fell asleep I walked over to bed, placed a kiss on her forehead, then another on her hand and walked away.

I wasn't sure why she did that though. And I was scared to know until she told me. Maybe the way I approached her when I asked was the wrong way. But I got the answer. My response was bad though.

Telling her those people are jealous, was true, but it wasn't what I should've told her. I should've said not to listen to them, what they say is bull shit, that everything they say is a lie. But somehow they managed to figure out about her suicide attempt. Ugh, I hate that word. Just thinking about it makes me shudder.

The question that spins around in my head is how. The only people that knew were me, the boys, Joseph, Rose and a few people that work for us. None of us or Joseph and Rose told anyone. So it must've gotten out somehow.

I sat with my back against the cupboards and ran my fingers through me hair. All the boys stood there shocked. From a girl like Belle I never would've guessed she could yell like that. I wish my mum were here. She'd know what to do.

"What are we supposed to do?" Niall asked while taking a seat next to me. No one answered. I would've expected Louis or Zayn to do something by now since they have little sisters, but they did the same as the rest of us. Just stare into space.

"One of us should talk to her, right?" Liam asked, for once unsure of what to do. He always knows what to do. But no one answered. "Let me ring my mum." I stated as I took my mobile out if my pocket. It rang four times until she answered.

"Hey sweetie."

"Hi mum. I need your help."

"Sure. With what?"

How do I say this? Our daughter/sister broke a mirror because the hate got to her head and I messed up on how to calm her down. No.

"Belle is really upset because of the hate and I told her they're just jealous but it didn't help. She said-"

I stopped myself before saying she rather be dead because I didn't tell her yet. None of us told our families about Belle being suicidal.

"She said what? Where is she now?"

How do I say this? I have to tell my mum the truth.

"What I tell you, you can't tell anyone, okay?" I felt all the boys eyes on me. 'I have to' I mouthed to them. They all nodded.

"Okay. I promise."

"Belle cut herself when her mum vocally abused her. Then once her mum started to physically abused she became suicidal. We saved her from dying but after she read all of the hate she said she rather be dead."

The first response I got from her was a gasp.

"Harry, this young girl never had a real family from what you have told me. You and the boys need to be her family. Comfort her, care for her, and love her. Okay?"

"Okay. Thanks mum. Love you."

"Love you too."

I hung up and ran my fingers through my hair. "We are her family. We should've known what to do from the beginning. We've been sitting down her for fifteen minutes trying to figure out what to do, when we should be up there." I said flatly as I stood up and walked out of the kitchen.

{Belle's POV}

The pounding on my door woke me up. But all I want to do is sleep. If I can't die I should be able to sleep, right?

"Belle please open up! At least answer us." Liam begged. I hate hearing him like this, but I don't want to answer. I've been sleeping for like twenty minutes, and it really took them that long to talk to me?

I sort of understand why because they're five teengage boys. But two of them have younger sisters. Louis has four younger sisters for God's sake! He should know what to do.

"Belle please. Just let us know you're alive." Tear pricked at my eyes as Zayn said that. Did they really think I'd kill myself? Well I did say I'd rather be dead, so I don't blame them.

A single tear fell down my cheek as my phone vibrated. I slowly grabbed it and saw a text from Niall.

"Princess can u plz answer us. We r worried. Can i come in???"

Without responding I stood up from my bed and walked over to the door. A frown stayed on my lips as I unlocked the door. It didn't open though, so I climbed back into bed and replied to Niall.

"Sure. It's unlocked."

Not even a minute after I hit send the door opened. I didn't see it open because my back is towards the door.

The opposite side of the lowered from the weight of whoever sat down. My guess it's Niall because he's the one that texted me.

"Belle, can you look at me?" The thick Irish accent tore me away from listening to the rain. I shook my head and continued to watch the rain hit the windows.

He sighed and flipped me over. I'm to upset to even try and not move. But I refused to look him in the eyes. Instead I stared at his legs which are stretched down my bed. "Princess." He begged.

"Leprechaun." I mocked his tone with a slight smirk breaking through my frown. "Will you look at me now?" He asked, poking my cheek. I shook my head again.

"Why not?" He asked with sincerity lacing through his voice. "I'm embarrassed. I shouldn't of yelled at you guys." I admitted while pulling my comforter up to my mouth.

He sighed and started to stroke my hair. "Can I tell you a story?" I nodded, moving my eyes towards the door. It's open and the boys are standing in it, but I won't look at them my eyes are fixed on their shoes.

"Well first lets get comfy." He stated then crawled under the comforter and pulled me towards him. I wrapped my arms around his waist and cuddled into his chest. It's nice to be like this, to know someone might actually care about me.

"So there was this Princess Belle." I giggled knowing he is either taking about me or the legit princess Belle. "Niall I'm thirteen." He shrugged and tightened his grip around me.

"Belle was short of like Cinderella. Her mum wasn't a step mum. But she was still evil. Like a witch." He stopped, waiting for my response. All I did was smile and cuddle further into his chest. "She was a witch." I added earning a chuckle from Niall and the other boys.

"Princess Belle wasn't happy until one day she met five princes." I could practically hear his smirk. I looked up at him, and I was right. He is smirking. "Let me guess. Prince Niall, Prince Liam, Prince Zayn, Prince Harry, and Prince Louis." He shook his head. I made eye contact with him showing my confusion. "I meant four princes. It was peasant Louis." We both burst out laughing.

"I am not a peasant! I'm the best prince out of all of you." Louis yelled while jumping onto the bed. He crawled next to me and wrapped his arms from behind me.

"Now, as I was saying. The four princes and peasant-" Niall started but was cut off from Louis fake coughing. He sighed then corrected himself. "Fine. The five princes one day saved the princess and brought her to their castle. At first the princess was happy but then she started receiving hate. She said something she ended up being embarrassed about and locked herself in her tower."

I looked away from Niall's eyes, back down to the bottom of the doorway. "The five princes didn't know how to help the princess at first. So Prince Harry rang his mum, Queen Anne." Harry husky voice added as he sat at the end of the bed. I giggled and looked up at Harry's eyes. He would call his mom for help.

"Prince Harry figured out that him, the other princes, and Princess Belle are a family. Him and the other princes said they should've went straight up to talk to Belle." Liam added, taking a seat next to Harry. "They feel bad about it and they're sorry. They love Princess Belle like their own families, because she is part of their family."

A smile spread across my lips once Zayn finished. My eyes connected to his. I know this is a story most people would tell a little kid, but c'mon it was so sweet and cute. "Thank you. I love you guys to." As I looked around at all of them they all had smiles on their faces. This is my family from now on, and I love it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

555K 10.6K 45
Ali is a loving three year old. She loves to color and play dress up. One day when her parents leave her at a restaurant all alone and the boys from...
1M 42.8K 50
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
7.2K 94 14
Cherry and Atticus have gone their separate ways for summer vacation. Cherry is going to meet a prince at sea by the name of Eric while Atticus is go...
1.1M 19.6K 92
A bunch of relationship situations I wondered how the Weasley Twins would handle. This is strongly how I'd predict they'd go about dealing with these...