Not Knowing Yet

{Niall's POV}

Towards the end of our signing I sat up a bit straighter to look over all of the fans trying to find Belle. My eyes scanned over the fields until I spotted her. But there's some blonde boy holding her hand. She never told us anything about a boyfriend. When Rose and Joseph came to the hospital I thought Joseph was her boyfriend. I was wrong, they're only best friends. Harry and Lou think they're secretly dating, but once they see them together they'll be proved wrong.

As I signed fans t-shirts, books or whatever else they brought I kept glancing over at Belle. Her and the boy keep smiling and every so often the boy would stand in front of her while walking backwards and take hold of both of her hands. Each time his smile would grow wider and so would Belle's. But all I want to do is run over there and pull his hands away from Belle's. Is this what it feels like to be a protective older brother?

Well according to yesterday we're all Belle's older brothers, except Lou he's her "dad" but Zayn said he wants to be her dad. Or act mostly like her dad, I wasn't really paying attention because we were eating when it was being discussed.

I nudged Liam in the arm and once he looked at me I nodded towards Belle and the boy with a straight face. His expression changed to exactly like mine once he saw them. "Who's that?" He asked once another fan walked in front of him and one in front of me. We both smiled and signed what the girls wanted then looked back at each other.

"Not sure. Does she have a boyfriend we don't know about?" I asked but it sounded more like a whisper because everyone is so loud. "I don't know. But we'll find out soon." I nodded and turned my attention to a girl who was standing in front of me with a huge smile.

***

Through out the rest of the signing Liam and I kept glancing at Belle and blondie. What? I don't know his name so blondie is fine, right? He's my kind, actually he looks like a natural but who cares.

When we finally finished we got escorted into a small house type of place to keep up "safe". But one of us have to get Belle, the security know about us adopting her but the fans don't. We have to announce it soon, I don't want her thinking we don't want people knowing we adopted her. She already thinks nobody cares about her.

"I texted Belle that Paul is going to get her. She asked if she could bring a friend and I said yes." Zayn informed us. We all nodded but Liam and I shared a look. She better not bring that boy or he is going to get scared out of his wits. Poor boy. But this is going to be fun.

{Belle's POV}

Zayn texted me saying Paul is going to come and get me. I don't even know if he knows what I look like. I know what he looks like though, directioner here. Duh.

"Here's my sister." Emerson informed me as a girl that looks about eleven with blonde hair like his but brown eyes came walking over to us. Emerson waved and she did the same. He gave my hand a soft squeeze but kept it in his instead of letting go.

"Laura this is Belle. Belle this is Laura." Emerson introduced us. She gave me a smile and shook my hand. "So Em, is this your girlfriend?" Laura asked with a smirk playing on her lips. Mine and Emerson's cheeks burned bright red. He didn't ask me to be his girlfriend but I don't care right now. He's holding my hand so I'm fine.

"Shut up. Belle actually has a surprise for you." Her eyes lit up in excitement as Paul walked over.

"Hi Belle. Are these your friends that you were talking about?" I nodded my head as Laura's jaw dropped. I giggled while Emerson stared at me confused. Paul looked down at our hands, then back up at me and did a little dance with his eyebrows. Laura and I burst out laughing while Emerson stood there confused.