Letters

~February 21st 2013~

{Zayn's POV}

Getting letters from fans is like Christmas morning to us. Seeing how happy we make the fans, it's great. But when we get hate letters it hurts, usually when one of us gets upset from a letter someone else rips it up.

We all sat around the living room of Liam's flat reading letters. I opened one that's from Belle Centful, from Hillsdale New York. The first thing I noticed on the paper was a few red stained dots, and dots that dried up from some type of liquid.

That can't be blood and tears, right? But maybe it is. No Zayn you can't think that.

I slowly read the first paragraph expecting that it says how much this girl loves us but I was wrong. Very wrong.

When I finished the first paragraph my eyes filled with tears. That can't be true that this poor girls mother doesn't love her as much as her brother. And a father telling his daughter that is awful.

Once I got to the end tears fell down my cheeks. A thirteen-year-old shouldn't be that weak so young. I would expect a sixteen or seventeen-year-old to be like that, but not thirteen. She's so young. Now I'm positive that there's blood and tears on this paper. "Zayn, why are you crying?" Liam asked with concern lacing throughout his voice.

I didn't answer instead I kept my eyes glued on the last sentence. But I'm not sure how much longer I can live. She can't kill herself. She just can't!

Louis ripped the paper out of my hands and was about to tear it into piece until I yelled "Stop!" He froze. All eyes turned onto me. "Read it." I told him in almost a whisper. His eyes moved from left to right as he read it. By the end he was in tears just like me. "What is that hate? Why are you guys reading the hate?" Harry asked as he stood behind Louis then started to read.

Once everyone read the paper everything went silence. The only sound was of us sniffling. It might not be physical abuse, but not many people know that emotional abuse is just as bad. Instead of bruises that show on the outside then go away after a week or two, the bruises stay on the inside forever. You hear the insults all day, everyday. After awhile you convince yourself that it's true. And that's what Belle did. She told herself all of the insults she's being called are true, and she cut herself because if it.

"Wh-what are we g-going to do?" Niall stuttered as he wiped away his tears with the back of his hand. I'm not sure how to answer that. The rest of the boys probably feel the same way. Belle could've hurt herself even worse by now, she might not be alive. Hopefully, by the help of God, she still is. "We're going to write her back." Louis commanded. He stood up and started looking through the drawers of Liam's desk until he found a notebook and pen. "Good idea Lou. Let's each write her a letter and see what happens." Liam insisted then took out four more notebooks from the desk.

I picked up a pen and stared at the blank paper. What am I supposed to say? Don't kill yourself? I can't come out that formal. Well I guess I'll start with

Dear Belle,

I read your letter, and I cried.

~Five days later~

{Belle's POV}

It's been ten days since I wrote that letter. No reply. But I'm not surprise by that, they're famous and probably get thousands of letters a day.

Ever since I've cut myself it seems harder and harder to hide my cuts. The other people that know about them are Rose and One Direction, if they even got the letter. But I've done it again. So now I've done it twice, they're all on my right wrist.

Everyday I put concealer over them, but it barely helps. So I put my One Direction wrist bands and bracelets to cover them. No one has noticed them yet. And I'm hoping no one ever does. Even if they do, they won't care. Because nobody cares.