Lies

~March 27th 2013~

{Belle's POV}

It's been about a month since Zayn's first letter, so I've gotten three. On the third letter he gave me his number to call him if I ever needed to. The only part about his letters was that he would always ask how everything was going with my mom. Each time I lied.

I'd say "It's the same. She yells, insults me, and it still hurts like hell. But I've kept myself from cutting by playing guitar." That part was true, all of it. I haven't cut and I play guitar and singing. The part I didn't tell him is that my mom has started to abuse me. Physically.

It started when Scott left for a special boarding school a few weeks ago. He got a scholarship for lacrosse. My mom has missed him and has gotten very irritated easily, so if I were to ask her a question when she was mad she'd start off by yelling. Then I'd listen to what she's saying with tears filling in my eyes but I wouldn't let them go, that would show her I'm weak. Towards the middle of the yelling if I didn't answer her she'd hit me. Then she'd get worse.

Now I have bruises on my arms, legs, stomach, and a small one on my cheek. When people ask about my bruises I tell them I fell down the stairs. Which isn't a complete lie because my mom threw me down the stairs a couple of times.

I've only told Rose about the beatings. But I made her promise not to tell a soul. I haven't told Joseph yet. If I were to tell him he'd tell his parents and they'd call a social worker or the police. I don't want them to do that. I'd give anything to get away from my mother, but they'd send Scott and I to a foster home and I can't make Scott suffer for what happens to me. Instead I take it for him.

Through all of that I still don't cut. I can't do that to Zayn or Louis or Liam or Niall or Harry or Rose. I've talked to the other boys a few times over the phone. They all sound happy when they talk to me, but it's all probably just an act. Like I've said a few times nobody cares about me.

This week Zayn and the boys are in New York for a few days. Actually they're close to Hillsdale so they said we can meet face-to-face in two days.

Right now I'm playing guitar because my mom just hit me about thirty minutes ago. But she didn't just hit me, she kicked and threw me into the wall. It's much worse then when she used to only yell at me. Tomorrow I'll have a few more bruises. I'll just tell everyone I fell off my bike.

"BELLE STOP PLAYING THAT TERRIBLE NOISE!" My mom yelled through closed door. The words stung because I thought I sounded alright. I'm playing one of my favourite songs that makes me feel better. My dad used to sing it to me when I was younger to make me feel better. Every few verses of singing I would stop and listen to the cover that Modified (A/N a band from my other fan fiction) made as a charity song so I could make it sound as great as they play and sing it. The song is "Big Girl's Don't Cry".

Ignoring her insult I continued to play. I know I'll most likely get hit again, but I don't care I have to get this perfect. Rose and I wanted to sing this together and I told her I will learn how to play it on guitar. So if I get hit it's for Rose.

As I was halfway trough the song from hitting every chord perfectly my door swung open. My mom was standing there with a pissed off expression. Shit. I'm going to get hit. Shakily I placed my guitar against the wall while trying not to make eye contact.

"WHY THE HELL DID YOU KEEP PLAYING AFTER I TOLD YOU TO STOP?! YOU'RE TERRIBLE SO STOP TRYING!" She screamed. Why couldn't the Jeffersons be home? Mrs. Jefferson or Mr. Jefferson sometimes come upstairs to see if everything is okay. I plead to them with my eyes but they never notice it. My mom usually tells them everything is okay and we were only fighting like mothers and daughters do.