AVENGERS Incursion War (Secre...

De MarvelDc_EU

Sequel to Wandavision, Spider-Man: No Way Home and Doctor Strange: In the Multiverse of Madness. 3 words alte... Mais

The Trailer
Chapter 1: Kang the Conqueror
Chapter 2: The only way...?
Chapter 3: Solitude of Despair
Chapter 4: He Who Destroys
Chapter 5: Doomed if you do, doomed if you don't
Chapter 6: Drowning in a sea of nightmares
Chapter 7: Reunions long overdue
Chapter 8: Assemble Part 1
Chapter 9: Assemble Part 2
Chapter 10: Betrayals
Chapter 11: Tragedy
Chapter 12: The Being
Chapter 13: The Prophecy
Chapter 14: Prepare for war
Chapter 15: For the girl who lost everything
Chapter 16: Two sides of the same coin
Chapter 17: The Incursion
Chapter 18: The Kang Dynasty
Chapter 19: SECRET WARS Part 1
Chapter 20: CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS
Chapter 21: SECRET WARS Part 2
Chapter 22: Death to the Queen of Chaos
Chapter 23: Harbinger of Hope
Chapter 24: The Scarlet Redeemer
Chapter 25: For the Multiverse
Chapter 26: INCURSION WAR Part 1
Chapter 27: INCURSION WAR Part 2
Chapter 28: INCURSION WAR Part 3
Chapter 29: INCURSION WAR Part 4
Chapter 30: INCURSION WAR Part 5
Chapter 31: A New Hope
THE MIDNIGHT SUNS
Midnight Suns Part 1: Terror in Transia
Midnight Suns Part 2: The Candidates
Midnight Suns Part 3: Ambushed
Midnight Suns Part 4: A "witch" called Wanda
Midnight Suns Part 5: The origins of Chthon
Midnight Suns Part 6: FINALE
SCARLET WITCH: TIME RUNS OUT
SCARLET WITCH: Legends
SECRET WARS

SCARLET WITCH Chapter 1

174 3 0
De MarvelDc_EU

- Fading Away (short prelude) ✅
- AVENGERS: Incursion War ✅
- The Midnight Suns ✅
- SCARLET WITCH: Time Runs Out ✏
- AVENGERS: Secret Wars ⏳

SCARLET WITCH: Time Runs Out Chapter 1 starts now.

...

Time. A mysterious phenomenon that slowly ticks forward. Reality's most dangerous enemy that causes the inevitable destruction of all things. It is oftentimes mistakenly taken for granted, until it becomes too late. For Time ticks ever onward. It never waits. And it never shows mercy. Second after second. Hour after hour... Year after year it passes on. Slowly but surely... until eventually...

Time runs out.

The Near Future

The shot opens with a close up of Wanda's eyes. They are terrified and hopeless, with a glimmer of unshed tears. She looks horrified. Hearing whispers from the past that haunt her to this day.

"It's your destiny to destroy the world"
- Agatha Harkness (Wandavision)

"The Scarlet Witch is a being with unfathomable magic. She can rewrite reality as she chooses, and is prophesied to either rule or annihilate the cosmos."
- Wong (Multiverse of Madness)

"Becoming the Scarlet Witch, set events in motion that would bring upon the end of all things."
- Agatha Harkness (Avengers: Incursion War)

In the middle of the streets of Manhattan, in an unknown universe, sometime in the near future, Wanda Maximoff stood in utter distraught. She looked out over the city with dread and despair. So much despair that her entire body struggled to move. Her eyes were wide open in horror, her lips trembling slightly. The skies, blood red, darkening the entire planet. She seemed mentally lost in thought. Feeling trapped.

Buildings were collapsing, people everywhere panicking. Some even jumped out of their windows, falling to their deaths.

A dark figure appeared behind her. His mere prescence made her feel like death staring from behind. The figure had the form of a man. His face was concealed. The figure slightly grabbed her from behind, holding her neck with his cold hand, while touching her shoulder with his other hand. Almost as if she is completely submitted to him. A single hopeless tear escaped her eye. Chills running down her spine.

She looked in horror as a giant red singularity slowly engulfed everything in its path, growing bigger and more powerful every second.

She witnessed some people trying to run away. But the gravitational pull was too strong. She saw mothers and daughters hugging, husbands and wives having one last kiss, entire families and friends saying their tearful goodbyes... as they all disappear without a trace, in a painful death.

A portal opened up and the figure took Wanda by her shoulders.

Figure: Do you finally understand? It is inevitabile.

She was too distraught to say anything in return. Only witnessing tragedy as it unfolded in front of her eyes. Her entire expression showed that she has accepted the inevitable, and it completely destroyed her.

Figure: There is nothing we can do for them. Come, there is work to be done.

He then took her away through the portal and they escaped the tragic death of this universe.

Billions of lives...

Gone.

The present Day
Universe-199999 (The Main Timeline)

Among the many misconceptions humanity holds dear, is the fallacy that all beings are created equal. In truth, there are those who are greater. They are called heroes.

But even among heroes, there are different echelons. Beings of the purest will. Individuals whose sole purpose is to exist for the greater good... a greater plan. They are known as Paragons.

But even then, there is one who stands out among them all. A person who strived a normal life in a world filled with heroes and villains alike, a person who never felt like she belonged. Her name is Wanda Maximoff, also called The Scarlet Redeemer, but most know her as The Scarlet Witch. For thousands of years, there were stories and whispers... A prophecy that came forth and cemented her as a fabled, mythical being destined to destroy the multiverse. But her heart is more human than any other.

For years, enduring more loss and trauma than anyone can fully understand, she has stumbled and lost her way several times. But in the end she found her purpose. Saving the multiverse from the onslaught of the Kangs, and Doctor Doom. Giving existence a fighting chance, to hopefully flourish into a new era.

Throughout her life, she has been continually misunderstood and begrudged by society, fixated solely on her wrongdoings and ignoring all factors that contributed to what happened. Meanwhile, her truly altruistic and valiant deeds have consistently gone unnoticed by the public eye... and that is something tearing her soul apart every single day.

Her road to redemption cannot be any harder. Over the last couple of months, she has become the most talked about figure in the entire world. News headlines, debates and social media influencers causing the name Wanda Maximoff to constantly be on everybody's mouth. Many people still wanting her to take responsibility for her previous actions and face the consequences, many others simply fearing her, while only a small amount of the population forgave her for past transgressions.

That won't stop her from trying.

12:13 PM EST

"This is WHIH newsfront, I'm your host, Christine Everhart, with more news on the topic taking the world by storm once again today, Scarlet Witch, Friend or Foe, which has been trending around the world for most of the year. Earlier today, the individual known as Wanda Maximoff was seen in Sydney Australia, where she was reportedly stopping a burglary where the cashier and people inside were being held at gunpoint. Police reports confirmed that the criminals were taken into custody and the Scarlet Witch seemingly took off in a hurry."

12:53 PM

"CNN news here with another report about the enigmatic and controversial figure known as The Scarlet Witch, where reports claim to have spotted her all the way in Africa, where she handed out food and water to the locals in a small village and took off without wasting time. One has to ask the question, is it time to put her past behind and accept that she has truly turned over a new leaf? Or is it merely a public stunt to win people's trust again?"

1:17 PM

"Just the facts with J. Jonah Jameson: In other news, The Scarlet Witch has been spotted in China, apparently saving a group of people in a train which ran off its tracks. Now I know what you all think, but let me ask you this, what legal authority does an individual such as Wanda Maximoff have to operate on foreign soil? She didn't even stay to make sure everything was fine. Eyewitnesses claim she took off immediately as if she was late for a dentist appointment. Wait... What if she deliberately CAUSED the derailing so that she can LOOK like she saved it? I even heard rumors that she's been going around terrorizing the streets of New York with guess who! SPIDER-MAN!

...

Hoffman! I think... I need to lay down for a while... No! Not water you idiot! Yes make it a double! No wait, a triple! ... Are we still on air?"

1:48 PM

Los angeles

"This is Christine Everhart for WHIH newsfront once again reporting to you live outside a Theme Park in Los Angeles, where the terrorist cult known as "Followers of Kang" have been holding hostages at gunpoint for the past half hour. There are people on top of the ferris wheel and on most rides. It seems as if the terrorists are planting bombs. This cult has been known for causing havoc these past few months, beginning the movement "Kang was right". The police are here along with the Special Forces. They were advised not to engage. The Avengers are nowhere to be seen as of yet. We will keep you updated as these events unfold."

Terrorist group leader: (On a call with the General) We already told you, there is nothing we want. There is only the message.

General: Let the people go! This won't end well for you, you sick bastards!

The terrorist grabbed one of the hostages by her hair, while the others screamed in fear.

Terrorist group leader: Shut the hell up! All of you! I will blow every single one of your brains out!

General: Okay that's enough!

Group Leader: I'm gonna give you one more chance. Think carefully what you're about to say. Leave now, or this theme park won't be the only blood on your hands.

General: We will find all of you, and wipe you off the face of the earth.

Group Leader: We're here, we're there... we're everywhere. This is but a small fraction of us. You'll never see us coming, and when you catch on, it will be too late.

General: Listen, you little s--

The phone suddenly lost connection.

Group Leader: Guess he hung up... How far are we from setting all the charges?

Cult Member: Almost done, boss.

Suddenly a female voice began speaking to him through a disorted signal over the phone.

"Blaine..."

Group Leader: (Picks up the phone) Who is this? H-How do you know my name!?

"Look, I got somewhere to be, so just turn yourself in and get this over with. You and I both know how this will end. If you wanna test me, go ahead. I still got time."

Group Leader: Why would I listen to anything you say? Just because you know my name?

He signals a hand gesture to the rest of the members, and they all take cover.

Group Leader: Here's the thing... We don't negotiate. We destroy. There will always be ones who will finish the work that Kang started.

They set off the detonator and every bomb exploded all at once.

"NO!"

The voice behind the phone turned out to be Wanda. She immediately flew onto the scene to try and save the people. It was chaos everywhere around the park as explosions went off one by one. People screaming, children crying, others praying. Some of the terrorists entered their vechiles once they saw who it was.

"It's The Witch!"

"The one who defeated Kang!"

Leader: Open fire! Give everything you got!

They lifted their guns in the air and began opening fire on her. Her protective aura shielded her from the bullets with ease.

One of them took out a missle launcher and fired at her. It broke her shield slightly as she flew through the air due to the explosion.

Wanda: That was a mistake.

She turned the missle launcher into a bunch of LEGO's, lifted the vechiles up with her telekinesis and threw them back down with force.

she flew towards the ferris wheel that was tumbling down, using her reality warping abilities to stabilize the wheel with new supporting cables. She looked to her right and saw one ride about to fall off its tracks, but she instantly crafted new tracks out of thin air and lead it straight to the ground like a slide.

The terrorists crawled out of the windows and tried to take off, but she stopped them in their tracks by casting a red forcefield around them.

The largest ride in the park was on the very top, as the entire structure started to give in and tumble down to the ground. Wanda flew to the people inside the coaster and created a protective bubble around them and safely descended with them to the ground.

Wanda: Is everyone okay?

She then felt a small earthquake underneath her feet and realized that the entire surface was giving in. It was the ride that went through the park underground. The explosion was about to cause a giant sinkhole that would engulf the entire theme park.

Wanda: No no no no... Think, Wanda think!

She created an invisible wall of cosmic energy, creating a probability hex around the entire theme park.

The surface gave in and it formed a giant sinkhole, everywhere except where the people and the terrorists stood. Not a single person had a scratch on them.

She immediately flew down to make sure everyone was okay.

Wanda: Is everyone alright? Do you need medical attention?

Everyone was completely silent. Mostly of shock, but also because of Wanda.

"You... you saved us!"

"Thank you."

"You're not so bad."

She smiled faintly at their gratitude.

Wanda: Oh it's... I'm just... trying my best.

She could still see that the people seemed uncomfortable, looking at her with pale faces and widened eyes. Some of them were children, clearly looking afraid of her despite the fact that she just saved them.

She sighed heavily and crafted a bridge going over the sinkhole.

Wanda: Go. All of you. You're safe now.

They ran over the bridge to the other side where the cops were standing with their vechiles.

General: Hold your fire!

She walked towards the terrorists and entered their minds telepathically. The terrorists began walking over the bridge towards the Police.

"Freeze! Hands in the air!"

"Get down on the ground!"

"Get down on the ground now!"

Wanda flew to the outside of the theme park where everyone was lead to safety. She was met with multiple glares from the police, some pointing their guns at her instinctively. It was a victory, but she felt defeated.

Wanda: I checked the entire area. Everyone is accounted for.

General: No casualties?

Wanda: Luckily no.

General: Check again.

Wanda: I did, there was no...

General: Check. AGAIN.

She was taken aback for a moment.

Wanda: ... Okay... Sure. I guess I still got time.

She flew around the park and inside the sinkhole, searching for any bodies, but couldn't find any and flew back to the General.

Wanda: Still nothing.

She could read the room and saw the doubt and fear they had, being in her prescence. The inner conflict they experienced at this moment, after witnessing her saving hundreds of people.

She wanted to say something, but she knew that nothing would change how they see her. So she just lowered her head in sorrow.

General: Thanks for the help, but might I ask, where are the real heroes?

Wanda: Excuse me?

General: You know... The Avengers, The Fantastic Four, Spider-Man.

She was taken aback by his audacity, but kept quiet.

General: Right. How would you know. You're not one of them.

After a while she finally spoke up in a melancholic tone.

Wanda: W-with respect... Sir... I just... saved these people. Could you at least... not... point your guns at me? I know I'm no hero but--

General: You aren't. You're lucky you're not in one of these handcuffs. If it were up to me, you'd be rotting in the raft for the rest of your natural life.

Wanda: I-I'm sorry... Sir... but--

General Ross: It's General to you.

Wanda: Sorry... General... but m-my name was cleared.

General Ross: Yeah and we both know why, don't we? Nice to have friends in high places, right?

Wanda: What did you say?

General: Here's a little lesson for you, no amount of good deeds can ever outweigh the bad. Especially the atrocities you commited. It simply does not work like that. And I find it hard to believe you didn't at least have some control over yourself when you were supposedly "corrupted" by a book. The whole Westview thing? Simply written off as a psychotic break caused by your powers? Dissociative episode? Schizophrenia? Whatever the hell else? Right. You might have fooled the justice system with that blind lawyer and the female Hulk wannabe, but you're not fooling me. You never will.

His remarks made her vulnerable. It cut deep and it made her feel like there might be some truth to what he said. She stood still, not saying a word. Trying to keep her composure. She was not angry, but heartbroken. She then turned around and slowly walked in the opposite direction. Blinking a single tear away.

Officer: That was a bit harsh, don't you think, General?

General: I suggest you keep your mouth shut, or I'll have you suspended. None of it changes what she did.

London

2:23 PM

Chaos ensued around the city as all eyes were on a 20 year old girl, standing on the edge of a tall building, ready to jump. One small step and she would be cleaned off the pavement. The police stood underneath with their megaphone and tried to communicate to the girl. There were hundreds of people looking at the scene.

"Betty, don't do this. Don't let us force you back inside."

Betty: Leave me alone!

"You know we can't do that. Come down so we can talk."

Betty: You won't understand! Nobody understands!

"Would you please step away from the ledge, so we can help you?"

Betty: I don't need your... help...

She stuttered when she saw a red figure flying towards her.

Betty: What's that?

The police looked up and saw the same. It was Wanda approaching the girl from far away. Once she reached the location, she landed in front of the cops. They glared at her, not knowing how to react or what to think.

Cop: Scarlet Witch...

Wanda: Please, call me Wanda. I would... appreciate that.

Cop: Sorry I didn't mean to offend.

Wanda: No offense taken, I just... I prefer Wanda.

Cop: S-sure. Wanda.

Wanda: What's the situation here, officer?

Cop: Betty Williams. From what we could gather, she recently lost her father in a car accident. Mother was an alcoholic who left when she was 13. Boyfriend dumped her the day before her father passed. She couldn't afford to finish her studies and dropped out of University... and she came down here to end it.

Wanda felt and instant wave of sadness and empathy washing over her. She knew exactly how the girl felt. It hit very close to home. She's nearly been over the edge as well. For years. But especially during the months on the Island. If it weren't for the right people at the right time, she wouldn't be here today. (Read Avengers: Incursion War for context)

Cop: Don't suppose you're going to grab her and bring her down for us?

Wanda: No.

...

Wanda: But I'll talk to her.

She flew up to where Betty was standing. Floating in the air in front of her.

Wanda: Hello. Betty, is it?

Betty: Leave me ALONE! I'll jump! I'll do it! I swear I'll do it!

The girl screamed with tears streaming down her face.

Wanda: (Sighs) Listen, I know things might be hard right now... You've been through a lot and--

Betty: You don't know anything.

Wanda: I know you don't see it now, but you are not alone.

She lowered her head.

Betty: It's not fair! What am I supposed to do? Tell me what I should do...

Wanda: That I can't answer for you. You have to figure out your purpose yourself. But your story does not have to end here. And I know it isn't fair. The world can be a very cruel place... I know better than most... more than you can possibly know. I had this friend... he helped me see the world in a different light. That no matter how hopeless things might seem, there is always light at the end of the tunnel. (*The friend in question refers to Spider-Man. Read Avengers: Incursion War for context*)

Betty: But it's so unfair! Why did everything happen to me!? When I graduated high school, I thought I was going to do amazing things... I was gonna save the world! Now look at me... I am nothing, and I have nothing.

Wanda: Sometimes, you must just accept what is. People experience loss and trauma and pain every single day. I know what you feel. Because of my own pain, I never noticed that I wasn't the only one. I thought everyone had it good. It felt like the universe had it in for me. Everyday I wanted to scream. But when I realized that there were others going through similar hardships, every single day... It was at that moment I decided to help people. And you don't have to save the world. My friend taught me, if you save one person, you save everyone. I know it is not fair, but... it's not unfair either. Sometimes it just... is.

Betty: It just is? Is that it? Is that all you can come up with?

Wanda: All I know is we can't just give up. We must try... every single day. That's what life is. We try, we push back against the darkness, one day at a time. One step at a time.

Betty: Can we... not talk about this for a while? I'm tired. My head hurts.

Wanda: Okay. Rest easy. I'll wait for you here when you're ready to talk again. I still got time.

A few minutes passed as Wanda waited and waited with compassion, but she was still in a hurry.

"What the heck is she still doing up there?"

"I don't know man, she said she was gonna talk to her."

"Well that's not talking. She's just... floating in the air."

After a while the girl spoke up again.

Betty: I just... I don't know what there is left for me.

Wanda: Well, think of it from another perspective. Isn't that exciting? Think about it. Not knowing what tomorrow holds in store. You can write your own story. A fresh start.

Betty kept quiet again for a while.

Betty: A lot of people down there.

Wanda: Yes. And I know what it looks like to see someone's... lifeless body on the floor.

She thought of Pietro and Vision, while taking shallow breaths.

Wanda: It changes a person. Trust me. Nobody deserves to see something like that. Don't do this to them.

Betty: I don't know anymore. I feel like I don't know anything anymore. (Sniffles)

Wanda: ... A year ago I was... very low. Lower than I've ever felt before. And trust me, I've had many low days over the years. I stood exactly where you stood. I was in your shoes. Only difference is, the building you're standing on was a beach. The pavement underneath your feet was the ocean... and I began to walk until I couldn't walk any further. I was drowning in sorrow, literally. Everyday was agony. One day I just... I had enough. Cause at the end of the day, I'm only human, and I can only fall down so much until I can't get up any longer.

She took a deep breath. It was hard to talk about, but she had to. A girl's life depended on it. Betty seemed to take interest in her story, realizing she isn't the only one going through tough times.

Wanda: I felt like there would never be happiness in my life ever again. I didn't just feel like it. I knew in my heart. I knew without question, that I would never be happy again. Luckily I was saved before the water permanently damaged my brain. Because then I wouldn't have realized how wrong I was. That friend I talked about earlier... He made me realize the beauty of life. (*Reference to Spider-Man who helped her out of her lowest point during Avengers: Incursion War*)

Wanda: To experience it every day is a gift. To see the positive in everything, because when you see the negative all the time, you will have no hope. Nobody would. My mind was changed because I kept holding on to hope. A hope that it will get better, and guess what... It did. It took a while but it did get better. So if you genuinely believe that there would not ever be a single day in your life where you'll be happy. If you truly believe it after what I told you... I won't stop you from doing what you plan to do right now. That's a promise. But if you think there is a chance, even if it's small, that you'll have one more happy day... Then take my hand.

Wanda held out her hand. The girl blinked her tears away and was lost in thought for a while until she took a step forward. The people underneath gasped as she took a step, but it was only to jump into Wanda's arms. Wanda embraced her in her arms as she broke down in tears.

Wanda: It's okay. I got you now. It's gonna be okay.

Betty: Thank you (Sniffles). For caring.

"This is BBC news reporting to you live in London from outside the building where we just witnessed the Scarlet Witch save a 20 year old girl who attemted to jump off the top roof. After a long conversation between the two, she managed to covince the girl to reconsider her actions. She was seen holding out her hand and the girl was safely secured in her arms. Police tried to ask her what was exchanged between the two, but The Scarlet Witch flew off before they could ask."

Vancouver, Canada

2:49 PM

"Breaking news, An entire Children's Hospital has caught fire with no end in sight. Firefighters and Police are standing outside, seemingly giving up as they witness the horror of flames raging across the building with multiple staff, firefighters and children still trapped inside. Some parents are also here, standing outside in horror."

"My little boy! Someone help my baby!"

All you could hear were the cries and screams of their loved ones outside, looking helplessly at the burning building, not able to do anything.

Suddenly a red figure approached them fairly quickly from above.

"Look, up there! In the sky!"

"Is it Thor?"

"It looks like Doctor Strange!"

It was actually Wanda, descending down from high in the air, slowly landing in front of them. Upon landing, everyone stared at her as if they saw a ghost. She tried to ignore the death stares as if it did not bother her, but deep down she was hurt.

Wanda: What's the situation here officer?

The police officer was startled for a moment by the sight of her. If anyone would've came to the rescue, she was the last person on their minds.

Police Officer: Over a hundred children are still inside, around ten firefighters and a few of the staff. But it's useless, we can't get in and they can't get out! You think you can save them?

She tried to act confident. But for some reason, looking at the raging fire made her feel very afraid. As if she had a buried phobia of fire that she never knew about. But lives were at stake.

Wanda: Yeah... It shouldn't be a problem. I still got time.

One of the mothers of the children came running toward her and grabbed Wanda's shoulders tightly in distress.

Woman: You have to save my son! I beg you! I would do anything! He... He's all I have! Please! He's on the very highest floor, the last room to the right! Please save my son! He's only eight!

The woman's words hit very close to home for Wanda as she knows exactly what it feels like to lose the ones you love. Especially when they are all you have. She looked into the mother's eyes with empathy and compassion. It gave her just enough motivation to put her fear aside.

Wanda: I promise you, your son will be okay. There will not be a single scratch on him... You have my word.

She then proceeded to walk into the building. The fire surrounded her from all angles, and then she snapped... a sudden overwhelming angst, it felt like the fire closing in on her, her heart pounding in her throat, her hands shaking uncontrollably as she fell on her knees. She gasped for air multiple times and breathed heavily, but it felt like she was devoid of oxygen. The smoke inside the building just made it worse.

Wanda: H-Help!

Glimpses of her past flashed before her eyes, then a faceless entity, with a dark torn cloak. She's been seeing it in her nightmares a lot lately, without even knowing why.

Wanda: What's happening to me?

She was having an anxiety attack in the worst possible situation. The first ever. She saw glimpses of dead faceless bodies lying everywhere. Her hands were on her chest and she was frightened for her life. She closed her eyes and tried to focus, not knowing what was going on. She tried collecting herself slowly, trying to put her fear aside for the people trapped in the fire.

She stood in the middle of the fire and tried everything she could to remove it or turn it to ice, but nothing worked.

Wanda: No... Not now! Why isn't this working!?

She then thought of an alternative and closed her eyes, cutting out every distraction from her mind. She looked to the sky and ommited her red energy from her hands. She formed dark clouds above the building and rain began pouring down like a storm, slowly killing the flames. Wanda began running through the building, grouping many survivors and children together, showing them a way out. They began charging out of the building and were immediately aided by the medics outside.

As she searched for more survivors, she noticed that some have already died. She immediately blamed herself. But she had no time to think about that right now. The flames were down enough for the firefighters to re-enter the building and aid Wanda in finding the few who were left behind. She then rushed to the top floor and entered the room to the far right, the child of the mother who Wanda made the promise to.

Upon arriving, she saw him covered in flames, screaming in agony. She was in panic and devastated at the same time.

Wanda: No... no no no no oh no! Please oh no! No!

She ran towards him and instantly extinguished the fire that covered him like a blanket. She looked into his eyes with sorrow as he looked back at hers in severe pain, barely conscious. He was unable to say a word, but knew she was there to help. She kneeled down onto one knee in front of the child and couldn't keep her tears at bay.

She then looked into his head to find out his name and what he used to look like. It was also then that she noticed he was suffering from a brain tumor which is the reason he was inside the Hospital.

Wanda: Anthony...

The boy was in such pain, so overwhelmed and traumatized that he just sat there, saying absolutely nothing, but he looked shocked that she knew his name. She proceeded to speak with him in a soft and caring tone with a lump in her throat.

Wanda: You're going to be okay. (Sniffles) I need you to look at me. I promise it won't hurt, okay?

She touched the boy on his forehead and made him fall asleep. Wanda then began erasing his memory of this horrible experience, knowing how such a thing can affect a child's entire life. Just from her own experience, she knew there was no other choice. She then took his hand and proceeded to heal his body from the burns, new cells began to form and his skin slowly reappeared. It took a lot out of her, but she made a promise... and she intended to keep it.

After the wounds were completely healed as if nothing happened, there was only one more thing left to do. It was something she has never done before, but she felt like she needed to at least try. She looked at her hands.

Wanda: Please let this work.

Wanda gently put her hand over the child's brain and removed the tumor inside. The very act of curing someone of disease was linked to her own health, so it took a large toll on her body, but it was worth it. She then picked him up slowly and flew with him out of the building.

Everybody outside stood still as they quietly looked at her slowly hovering in the air, holding the boy in her arms. She slowly descended with him and landed gently next to his mother. The boy was immediately put on top of one of the ambulance beds. The mother hugged Wanda while crying loudly with tears of joy.

Woman: Thank you thank you thank you! I don't know how I will ever repay you! I don't care what anyone else says. You are a hero!

There was complete silence for a couple of seconds as everyone just stared at her, shocked at what they just witnessed. One by one the akward silence slowly turned into an ovation. They slowly began clapping their hands until she was met with multiple cheers from everyone around the area, the parents, police, medics, bystanders and even the firefighters cheered for what she did here today. It was a nice feeling to feel appreciated for once. Albeit in an entirely different country. She smiled with a warm, happy feeling.

She looked at the mother to explain what happened.

Wanda: I have to tell you something... I... When I got to him... He was...

Woman: He was what?

Wanda: Look, I had to erase his memory of this event, so he won't be able to recall that this ever happened...

Woman: W-Why?

Wanda: There was no choice...

Woman: Was he hurt?

Wanda: I'm sorry.

Woman: You saved his life... However long it may last, at least you gave him back to me for just a little while longer. I am grateful no matter what.

Wanda smiled.

Wanda: Oh I think he will be with you for much longer than you think.

Woman: What do you mean?

Wanda: You don't have to worry about his tumor anymore. It's gone.

The mother was in total shock. She's never felt this much happiness in her entire life. She was at a loss for words. She hugged Wanda again even tighter than before.

Woman: You truly are a hero.

Those words meant the world to her. It made her feel like she does make a difference, even if most people don't see it.

Wanda: Can I ask if this could, you know, stay between us?

Woman: My lips are sealed.

Wanda was still surrounded by hundreds of people cheering for her. She looked around and felt a strange feeling inside her heart, it was a warm, fulfilling feeling. This was the moment she knew that it is all worthit. She smiled briefly, trying to hold back her tears.

The world was finally beginning to notice her, even if it was only a minority of people. One small victory at a time. After all, she wasn't just doing it for recognition. It's the right thing to do, no matter what people think.

But deep down she was still deeply troubled. What happened in that building? Why did it feel like she was going die of a heart attack or be engulfed in the flames? Why was she terrified for no reason and what did she see? She was confused and shaken after what happened. Knowing it was not something to take lightly. She headed back home in Westview to try and collect herself again. As the wind gently blew though her hair while she was flying, A smile appeared on her face eventually, because she knew today was a very special day to her. And she would not let anything ruin what was about to happen.

The rest of the story is on my page and the book is titled "Scarlet Witch : Time Runs Out"

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Please don't be a silent reader. It is one of the best feelings for a writer wake up to people commenting on their work. If you enjoyed this chapter, a vote or a brief comment would always be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

5.1K 296 17
𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒 *SLOW UPDATES* ❝In which a little girl is cursed by the people she once trusted, and is forced to save the world. All...
73.3K 2.6K 200
When Samantha a mutant and X-man is rescued from her captors by S.H.I.E.L.D she finds comfort from an unlikely source. This story follows the relatio...
44.1K 1K 13
Evil!Wanda Maximoff x F Reader CONTAINS SMUT!! (Chapters: Good Morning & Breathless) • EVERY vote is appreciated <3 • I don't own any marvel char...
515K 9.5K 100
In this story the reader is going to be Spider-Man within the MCU and his origin story will take place inbetween Iron-Man 1 and Iron-Man 2. This sto...