Todoroki One Shots

Von frederikkemariefonne

(Not my art) This will be a one shot book, mainly about Todoroki and class 1-A. This story contains: -Angst ... Mehr

Returning Memories
Expected or Unexpected?
Present- or past memories
Is it worth it?
Real or fake?
Pity- or not?
Secrets and despise
Secrets and despise II
Brothers or not?
Help?
It's alright
Truth?
Freezing impact
How It Is
Issues
It's alright II
Family
Love?
Games or determination?
Games or determination? II
Best bet
Best bet II
Right answers?
Un-usual behavior
Un-usual behavior II
Chosen or not?
Judgmental
Christmas?
Fun events
Birthday
Sorry's
Experience
Sorry's II
Traitorous?
Condition?
Breaking
Unreversable?
Unreversable? II
Way of play
Airing emotions
Flaming trouble
Unreversable? II(I)
Blooming friendship
Another's troubles
Panic and nightmares
Uncurable
Different comfort
Endings and beginnings
True self?
Rewinding
Undeniable
Injuries
True self? II
Unplanned trip
Undeniable changes
Ignorance
Accused
Returning light
Opposites attract
Unwanted Flashbacks

Uncurable II

353 10 9
Von frederikkemariefonne

Requested by: SaumyaPaul9

Summary:

After getting the news of Todorokis' disease, the class decides to make the most of their time, and gets some time off school from their teachers. They all arrange some activities that they want Todoroki to experience for his last months, while he himself, is dealing with telling his family.

But the news aren't exactly easy to say and he ends up discovering things he might not of wanted to..

===

When he opened his eyes after the past events, it had taken him quite some time, before the memories had returned. They knew... Was the only thought really leaving his head. They knew... and even he weren't sure how it happened..

His memories were still blurry, even after hours of chatter and relaxation with his classmates. Why did nothing come back to him? 

He were still coughing- his throat so sore, that blood had been running from the corner of his mouth. But his classmates just shook it off, and handed him some tissues. At least he didn't have to tell them anything...

They didn't even ask him any questions... just sat there and played games with him...

Shoto were so confused about this matter, that he almost couldn't concentrate about the game in front of him. But one thing that confused him even more, was the fact that they could just be silently watching him, even after knowing what was wrong with him... knowing that he won't survive, and that he had been lying to them for this entire time... he had at least expected some kind of disappointment or something along those lines...

Why weren't they angry? And better yet, why weren't they doing anything?.. he thought they would of run off to get Aizawa or something..

Unless they talked with him while he were unconscious...

"Hey, would you want to watch a movie?" Midoriya suddenly asked, as he looked up from the board game- while Kirishima were already shuffling off to get a movie. Guess he didn't really have a choice either huh?

"Sure..?"

He didn't even know how it happened, but all of a sudden he had been rearranged- the board game gone and replaced by pillows and blankets, while Shoto found himself being caged between bodies on either side of him. 

Though he later realised that these people just happened to be Bakugou and Midoriya...

"Oi" Bakugou suddenly said, as Shoto tried to place the blanket over himself- nodding at Bakugou before looking up. "Here" 

He didn't know what he meant, as Bakugou just patted his own lap. What did he want him to do? He weren't some kind of dog that just knows what that means... "What do you?-"

Before he could finish, Bakugou had grabbed his shoulders and forcefully pushed his head until it was laying ontop of a pillow, that just happened to be on Bakugou's lap. "Just lay down" He didn't look down at Shoto, and instead just looked straight towards the screen.

"But-"

He tried to say something, but before the words could leave his throat, another set of hands pulled his legs from under him and placed them on top of something- making Shoto lay comfortably on the couch, while two other people were keeping him up. "Just lay still and enjoy the movie" Midoriya then said, as he smiled down at Shoto.

Why would they... was this because of his disease?

He wanted to ask them about it, but before he had the chance, the movie had started playing and he didn't want to disturb his classmates... looks like they're all here as well...

Maybe he'll just watch for now?...

He didn't know how long it took- probably about halfway through the movie, when he looked down and realised that Todoroki had fallen deeply asleep on his lap. How someone that had just been asleep for several hours could keep being tired, he didn't know... but he also always went to sleep early..

"Hey.." He whispered it- afraid of waking the one on his lap, while trying to get the green haired boys attention, from the other side of the couch. "Hey"

It took two tries, but he eventually looked over, which made Bakugou nod towards the boy on their laps- letting Midoriya know of the two toned boys absence in the movie.

The greenette then made an 'oh' with his mouth, before reaching out to pull the blanket further up Shoto's body. He really were deeply asleep, huh? Not even a wink...

Bakugou then turned his attention back towards the screen, only to almost jump as a sound came from his lap- turning his attention straight towards Shoto, who had now started snoring ever so slightly.

He could actually be quite... tolerable when he weren't awake..

...

"Are you finally done sleeping?"

Kaminari mocked him, as Shoto awoke from yet another slumber... this one unintended...

"Very funny" He answered- trying to sound as sarcastic as possible, while rising from his slumped over position on the couch. It wasn't his fault that the medicine made him dizzy and sleepy...

Bakugou and Midoriya had wrestled out from under his body at some point... though the fact they managed to do it without waking him, was what shocked him the most...

"Let him be. At least he only sleeps in his spare time, Kaminari" Iida suddenly said, speaking facts as everybody knew of Kaminari's dozing off in class every now and then. This though, only earned Iida a grunt from Kaminari, as he mumbled something along the lines of:

"At least he only sleeps in his spare time.." He mumbled it in a mocking tone, but Shoto couldn't help the little smile that plastered its way onto his features. 

His classmates always managed to make him laugh... even when it wasn't intended..

Shoto steadily rose from the couch afterwards, only to feel his whole body ache- god it hurt.. had he been sleeping wrong?

But even though his whole body was aching, Shoto couldn't ignore the feeling of not feeling his throat burning... had the sleep helped on his throat too? "Come on, you need something to eat" Midoriya suddenly called from the kitchen and Shoto steadily made his way towards the dining table- only to see his entire class already there.

"Did you sleep well?" Yaoyorozu then asked, while reaching over the table to get a piece of bread. Shoto just nodded though, as he reached to get his own. "Oh" She suddenly said, as she turned her attention away from her food and towards Shoto instead- "Aizawa called and said that your family was going to visit later today"

He did what?

Shoto hadn't even told his family about his disease yet, so if they were coming here out of nowhere and with no real intentions, they must of found out somehow... though if that was from Aizawa or by their own, he didn't know...

"..They are? What time?" He asked timidly- wanting to know the answer, but not knowing if he could handle it... did he even want them here?

"I think he said about lunch time" She then said, and the words instantly downed on Shoto-

Lunch? That's in about an hour or two... would he be able to handle them so suddenly?

He just nodded at her in understanding before turning back towards his own food- suddenly not feeling like eating it anymore. How should he even tell his family about this?.. would he be able to at all?

It didn't take long before Shoto's thoughts had closed off the rest of his class entirely-

Should he lie to his family?

No, they would just see through it...

Could he just avoid the topic?

But it's probably why they're coming...

Maybe he could-

"Todoroki? You should eat your food if you don't want Bakugou to throw it out"

Iida's voice suddenly got to him, and he realised that the said blonde was looking at him, as Shoto were seemingly the only one left at the table, while Bakugou was slowly cleaning out the dishes. He needed to stop zoning out... at least in public...

"Sorry" His gaze then fell to his plate- a single slice of bread just laying there, with no trace of butter whatsoever, as he never finished it. He really didn't feel like eating... "I'm finished. Thank you for the food" 

He only just got to stand from his seat, before Bakugou had walked besides him, and picked up his plate- holding it out in front of himself to show it to Shoto- "You didn't eat anything, at least take something from the kitchen"

Shoto doesn't think he's ever heard Bakugou's voice that soft before... It actually made him contemplate for a moment, whether he needed something to eat or not... he doesn't think it'll be able to stay down for long though...

"No it's fine. I'm just not hungry" He tried... he really did, but it just seemed like Bakugou weren't up for it..

"I can hear your stomach growling, just take some damn food to your room or something. I'll even go as far as to make it for you, since I don't want to stop another fire in here"

His voice was rough and demanding, yet there were a clear tone of care. He really did care for his classmates huh? Shoto just nodded at him briefly, before walking to the kitchen to get some crisps.

"Really? At least some noodles you bastard"

...

Three, maybe four hours went by, before Shoto finally got the news that his family had arrived... why did it take so long?

A few knocks coming from his door, was what indicated him of their arrival... Iida had promised to get him after all..

But even as he had, had those hours to prepare himself, and what he were going to say, it was like no words formed in his brain- like no words could even manifest inside his skull at that point... maybe they just weren't meant to know...

He had talked with some of the others earlier, and Yaoyorozu had told him that he should tell them the truth... she just didn't have any idea how hard it was for him... He wanted to tell them the truth, of cause he did. But how would he ever be able to, when he couldn't even tell his classmates... he couldn't even convince himself... and now he were going to tell his entire family that they would lose him..

A brother..

A son...

He had decided to just wing it, and do his best to avoid any and every topic considering his cancer, but he didn't even know if he could manage it... would he be able to go through with it?

His hands were shaking as he forced them into his pockets- already half way down the stairs- at least they gave him some time to think... and he had the feeling that he could turn around whenever he wanted to... not that he would..

It wasn't until his feet reached the last step and the voice of his sister could be heard from around the corner, that he felt the sudden urge to run the opposite way- "That's good to hear. Did he trouble you at all?"

Fuyumi always liked hearing about how Shoto had been doing, and especially hearing it from his friends.. troubling them though... had he?

It wouldn't really surprise him at this point if he had been in their way, but what were he supposed to do about it now?

"Oh no, he hasn't been troubling us at all- oh Shoto" Yaoyorozu spoke, until she suddenly caught a glimpse of Shoto from around the corner- giving his cover, up. He really hoped that no one would notice him...

"Hey.." 

He could see his family members' faces lighting up, but it wasn't until he got eye contact with one specific person, that he suddenly felt more confused than scared.. what was his mom doing here? "Mom? What are you.."

His brother and sister, even his father, was someone he had expected to be there, but his mom.. she weren't even supposed to leave the hospital... how could she even be here?

"I got permission to leave early" She said- smiling at him as if nothing was wrong.. how he strongly he wished that he could believe it was true... As if reading his thoughts, her smile dropped and Shoto thought for a moment that it was because of him- "We all needed to be here... Is it true?"

A raised eyebrow was all he managed to that. Was what true?

He wanted to ask her, but she beat him to it- sensing his confusion- "The cancer"

He almost didn't think that he had heard her right. He couldn't of, right? They weren't even supposed to know yet... how did they know? "W-what do you mean? What cancer?" He tried to play it off cool and quickly change the topic to something else, but his family didn't seem to want any of it.

"Quit the act Shoto, your teacher already told us what was going on. But I just don't understand why you couldn't tell us? We're your family, yet you kept something like this away?"

Natsuo said- sounding angry and sad at the same time. Had Aizawa told them? But he specifically told him not to...

"It's not exactly an easy subject to broast..." Was the only thing he managed to say- already looking off to the side, as his throat began itching. Not now.. he couldn't be coughing now.. it'll only raise their suspicions..

"That's not-"

"We know Shoto" His mom had cut Natsuo off- saving Shoto from what seemed to be a long lecture. Natsuo didn't seem all too happy about it though... "It's alright. We just want to know one thing" His mom said, and he only nodded. One thing.. he could manage one thing, right? "Is it- Is it serious?"

His mom's voice broke as she spoke, and he were seconds away from following her.

This was it.. the time he tells his family that he won't be here anymore.. that he'll be gone for forever after these months... that they'll lose him in all eternity...

"It..-" He tried to speak, but because of his lack of focus, the coughing had managed to break through his barrier- making him cough, which only worrying his family more.

"Shoto? You alright?" His 'father' then asked- stepping forward ever so slightly, as he tried to get closer to his son, without him flinching... it had happened quite a lot recently actually... The rest of his family though, seemed to keep their distance in fear of intervening.

"I'm- I- fin- ne" He tried to speak again, but his voice broke with the coughing- letting no words pass through. All because of this stupid coughing... this stupid cancer..

It took maybe a few minutes before he could finally catch his breath. Minutes with none stop coughing... he were really getting tired of this...

Endeavor placed a hand on his back, as Shoto were still leaned forward- trying to catch his breath. "We know..." He hadn't understood that sentence to begin with.. "We just don't understand why you wouldn't tell us? Why would you want to spend these months away from us?"

Wouldn't tell them... but if they already knew, then why were they so angry? Why did he seem like the bad guy in this situation? And what did he mean with 'spending time away from them'? It's not like he wants to keep them at distance... but his doctor also advised it... at least they won't be as sad when he goes...

"... You knew?" Was all that slipped through his raspy tone- the whisper almost inaudible.. 

Nods were all he got from his family. They knew all this time? They knew and didn't tell him? They knew he were dying, yet they kept pressuring him?

He were so confused, that no other feelings seemed to pass through him- leaving him staring at the ground, in hopes of it giving him an answer. Why is it always his family disappointing him the most?

"Wait. How long have you guys known?" Kirishima suddenly asked from behind him, and Shoto doesn't ever think he's been that glad to hear a question that wasn't his own... how long had they known? How long had they hidden it from him?

"About a week..." Was what Fuyumi whispered, while none of his other family members said anything at all. "Aizawa told us a week ago.." She then confirmed.

Why did Aizawa tell them anything when he had specifically told him not to? He just didn't understand why everyone always ignores his needs...

"He did..." Shoto didn't even want to look at his family at that moment- his throat on the verge of making him scream, while the excessive coughing just made another headache rise. Couldn't he at least get a break? Just this once?

He wanted to tell them to leave, but he didn't know if he could keep his voice under control for that long... maybe he'll.. He glanced behind him for a moment, still seeing all of his classmates standing there, which gave him just a slight fling of courage.. "Alright... I think it's best if you leave now..."

Shoto then said- his voice so quiet that he almost didn't believe that they had heard him.... or, at least he hadn't thought they did, until they suddenly nodded and turned towards the exit of the dormitory.. at least they understood somewhat something today...

Though just before walking away- Rei, his mother, turned around. "We'll leave if you really want us to, but don't feel pressured to call if you need something" She smiled at him, which made him feel just somewhat warm... maybe he shouldn't of asked them to leave..

Despite his conflicted thoughts, Shoto didn't say a word as he watched his family leave through the door- one at a time. They didn't tell him anything.. he has every right to throw them out.. right?

"Hey. Don't worry about it, we'll do something here" Sero then said from the crowd- trying to cheer Shoto up.

He had hoped to return to his room actually..

...

"Todoroki?"

"Hey? It's your turn"

Voices calling his name suddenly pulled him from his thoughts... how long had they been playing this game by now?

He were pretty sure that they called it monopoly or something, but he didn't get the rules at all- not that he tried to in the first place...

"Sorry... What were I supposed to do again?" He raised an eyebrow at Sero, as Jiro and Uraraka just looked at each other in a way that Shoto didn't understand.. it almost looked like pity.. "Or... I could just" 

He didn't feel like playing this game at all... maybe he should just leave..

"No no, it's fine. You just need to throw the dice and then we'll go from there" Sero tried- probably wanting Shoto to be social every once in a while... Shoto just didn't want to... "Come on-" Sero reached out to give him the dice- but Jiro were already gripping his wrist.

"Let him be Sero. Do you want to just watch? Or maybe do something else entirely?" 

He appreciated that they wanted to be with him and make him happy, but this was just pulling him further and further into the ground- leaving him just barely breathing above the surface. "I think I'm done.. sorry" '

It's not like he wanted to sound angry or anything, but this entire guilt trip that he were putting himself through, just seemed to slowly weigh him down.

"We understand" Uraraka said with a smile, though it was clear to Shoto that it was forced. He just doesn't want to be a burden... especially as he doesn't understand those kinds of board games.... he'd only be in the way..

He then stood up from the couch- leaving the others behind as he instantly went directly towards the staircase. Though just as he were about to near the corner- ready to walk around it and leave to the safety and closure of his dorm room, a voice suddenly called his name-

"Todoroki! Hey come over here, don't leave"

It was Midoriya... why couldn't he just let him leave?

"Yes Midoriya?" He asked, as he walked towards the kitchen ever so slowly, where Midoriya and several of his other classmates were sitting. What are they all doing here...?

"We were thinking, and it's clear that you don't want to do any of the things we've arranged"

Really? Were they only realising this now?

But it was true. They had been watching movies, playing board games, even tried to learn him how to cook- the problem though, is that Shoto isn't good with any of those things.. he actually either haven't tried them before or just don't like them in general..

"So we thought, why not let you find some activities that you want to do, and then we'll do them together as a class" Midoriya smiled at him, as the people who had been sitting in the couch area, suddenly joined the conversation. "Plus, we'd rather have you do something you like, then let you be all closed off from the rest of the world"'

He hadn't thought Midoriya looked that far into it.. how did he even know that being closed off was the thing he craved most right now?

"So what would you like to do for today Todoroki?" Yaoyorozu then asked- seemingly making a notepad from her elbow. How many ideas did they think he had...

"I don't know..." His gaze quickly found the floor as the starres coming from his classmates just made him slightly uncomfortable. Did they have to look at him like that? That pressuring? 

"Oh come on bro, I'm sure you have something in mind" Kirishima commented- smiling so brightly that not even Shoto could frown. Maybe there was something... would they like it though?

He quietly fiddled with his fingers, as the words slipped from his throat- "Maybe there is one thing..."

"Really? That's great. What is it?"

"..." Maybe they would be able to enjoy it too? "Ice skating..."

...

He were surprised at how fast they arranged the trip and got all of their classmates on board.. even Aizawa had agreed to try it out...

So here they were... all of his classmates in the skating rink, just because he had mentioned that he wanted to be here... he really didn't understand their thoughts half of the time..

Almost all of classmates had absolutely no idea of how they should skate around- yet here Shoto were, so adaptive to the ice because of his quirk, that he could already run around and do tricks, even as he had never tried it before.

"Wow dude, how long have you been skating?" Kirishima suddenly asked- holding on to one side of Bakugou while Kaminari held the other- he wondered how stabile Bakugou was though.. he didn't seem to have any balance compared to the other two...

"I've never tried this before, it's my first time" He stopped just in front of them while saying that- not swaying or anything in process.

Kirishima and Kaminaris' jaws dropped by that, while Bakugou just looked at him indifferently. "You're lying, right? You can't be that good without practice" Kaminari tried, but Shoto didn't know what to say.

"I guess my quirk is practice then?" He sort of asked himself, before skating backwards, away from the little group.

As he looked out in the ice rink, he realised that some of his classmates were slowly getting the hang of it...  Midoriya were still walking around with the penguin balancer though... but Iida and Sero actually seemed to be pretty good at it already...

His classmates were laughing, as they watched each other fall down and get up, which for a second, made Shoto forget about his shitty destiny. 

Maybe he should just be laughing with them... if they're willing to do this for him, he might as well enjoy it, right?

Maybe laughing and forgetting isn't such a bad idea... especially as forgetting has always been Shoto's worst trait...

===

Sorry it took so long, but I've just been really tired lately. Hope you enjoyed this chapter though.

And I hope you all have a merry christmas!

12/12/2023 - 22/12/2023

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

43.4K 867 10
Tododeku one shots. I put random and weird Tododeku ideas into here. All the one shots are either fluff or angst.
8.1K 89 20
idk what to put here-
62.7K 562 18
{A collection of Lemons, Fluff, head canons and angst.} {These are all MHA one shots} I'll take requests ofc :) *still has updates*
5K 96 14
You all did it!! You guys got my book to 16k! Im very grateful for that, and to celebrate it, I made a new book!!! One where I will post all kinds of...