The Healer

Por MEllenH

Evelyn was sent up to The Maze with the original Gladers. She was the lone girl right from the start. But bei... Mais

Author's Notes
Prologue
Chapter 1: Birthday Wish
Chapter 2: Waking up
Chapter 3: Not a Witch
Chapter 4: First Gathering
Chapter 5: Nighttime Secrets
Chapter 6: The Glade
Chapter 7: A Hurting Heart
Chapter 8: Banishment
Chapter 9: The Syringe
Chapter 10: Grief
Chapter 11: Moonlit Forest
Chapter 12: Final Human Trial
Chapter 13: Don't Worry
Chapter 14: Rock Bottom
Chapter 15: Broken
Chapter 16: Listless Feelings
Chapter 17: Found & Awake
Chapter 18: Angel in Moonlight
Chapter 19: Anger
Chapter 20: Deal
Chapter 21: Quality Time
Chapter 22: Blushing
Chapter 23: I'm Yours
Author Note
chapter 24: The Box
Chapter 25: Bloody Wounds
Chapter 26: Glade Princess
Chapter 27: Awake
Chapter 28: Tease
Chapter 29: Taste Testing
Chapter 31: Hangovers
Chapter 32: Follow the Flame
Chapter 33: Game On
Chapter 34: The Healer
Chapter 35: Fire
Chapter 36: Chuck
Chapter 37: Grief in the Forest
Chapter 38: Greenie Day
Chapter 39: Hurt Feelings
Chapter 40: Another Greenie
Chapter 41: Slammed Shut
Chapter 42: A Night
Chapter 43: Numbness
Chapter 44: Confessions
Chapter 45: Decisions
Chapter 46: Banishment
Chapter 47: Bloody Halls
Chapter 48: Take a Shower
Chapter 49: The Girl
Chapter 50: Voices in my Head
Chapter 51: Hammock in the Forest
Chapter 52: Section 4
Chapter 53: The Cliff
Chapter 54: Voices and Leaders
Chapter 55: Attacked
Chapter 56: Gally's Warning
Chapter 57: The Truth of it All
Chapter 58: Be Careful. Don't Die.
Chapter 59: The Hall
Chapter 60: Near Death
Chapter 61: The Final Variable
Chapter 62: Rescued

Chapter 30: Tipsy Little Pixy

438 25 71
Por MEllenH

Evelyn was guided across the glade, escorted by Minho and Gally. She kept
stumbling. This time she tripped and the guys didn't catch her in time and she hit the grass. Rolling over, she cursed so bad even Minho was impressed. The guys stood and howled with laughter.

"Hey guys, what's up?" Newt had limped over, having heard the laughter. He caught up to them and noticed Evelyn laying on the grass cursing, "the bloody hell? Evelyn?"

She gasped and pointed at him.

"Minho! MINHO! I FOUND HIM!"

"Yes, you did. Good job Pixy!" Minho grinned. Newt frowned.

"He's so sneaky! He would be good at hide n' seek!" She gasped again pointing at Minho now, "WE SHOULD DO THAT!"

"Not a bad idea." Minho chuckled, crossing his large arms.

"Evelyn?"

"That's my name Lover Boy, don't wear it out!" She looked back at Newt and grinned, pointing at him with a wink. "You're pretty."

"The actual shuck?"

"No, we haven't actually." She frowned.

Newt looked like he was slapped while Gally and Minho choked again and stuffed fists into their mouth to stop laughing. He crouched down beside her with such a look of concern and worry.

"Ev? What's going on? You're acting weird."

She gasped clapping a hand to her chest.

"Take that back! I'mmmmm not weird! You're weird!" She folded her arms, still laying flat in her back and pouted.

"Ev, Love, come on..."

Evelyn giggled. "that's what she said!"

Gally and Minho snorted with laughter, Gally held a hand up for a high five. Newt rounded on the two.

"What the bloody shuck did ya bone heads do to her?"

"We did nothing." Minho laughed, watching as Evelyn struggled to get up. Newt turned back to her and helped her up, she stumbled into his chest. He wrapped his arms around her to keep her from falling.

"Not here Nooooot! There are people watchin'!"

"I'm not doin' nothin'! Evelyn what the shuck?!"

Her legs gave out for a second and he had to hold her up. She gasped.

"Gaaaaally! I told you! I told you a secret! Newt is really strong too!"

"You sure did little bird. You told us quite a bit."

"Shhhhh! It's a seeecret!"

Newt was frowning at her and Gally. "What did you do this afternoon?"

He looked down at Evelyn, who had slid her hands up his chest and neck.

"Not you, Love Boy! That's for sure!"

The guys were laughing so hard they had tears running down their cheeks.

"Evelyn!" He gasped, his cheeks heating up, "whatever is wrong with you, let's go, come on." He took her arms off his neck and steered her away.

"By Pixy! Have fun!" Minho called.

Evelyn twisted around, grinning, she winked at Minho. "Oh I will! And Lover Boy, too!"

"Yeah he will!"

Newt ignored it all and guided her away a bit more forcefully.

"By little bird. It was fun hanging out with you." Gally called.

"By GalPal!" She called with a big wave.

"Evelyn. What's gotten into you today?"

"Not you!" She giggled.

Newt wasn't sure if he was more worried or more interested. He guided her to her hut and inside. He closed the door and turned around. Evelyn was standing in the middle of the room, her back to him. She was staring at the bed. Newt stepped up behind her, gently sweeping her hair away, he kissed the back of her neck. She shivered and melted into him.

"Newt?" She asked, her demeanor changed drastically from a few minutes ago. Now she seemed timid and nervous.

"Yes Love?" He whispered, his lips on the back of her neck.

"Are...are you mad..."

"About what?"

"That we haven't...that I haven't let...that I made us stop?"

"No! Evelyn not at all!"

"Everyone thinks we do." She whispered.

"So? What those buggen' shanks think is none of our business!"

"But..." She turned around to face him. He frowned, her eyes wouldn't stay focused, "but yoooou wanna."

She slid her hands down his sides and under his shirt.

"...Evelyn..."

"...but you waant toooo." She slurred.

And slid her hands up his chest. He shivered. She didn't smile, just continued to run her hands over his chest. She pushed up onto her toes and left kisses up his neck. He made a noise in the back of his throat, his hands tightened their hold on her hips. She found his sweet spot even in her drunken state and she felt him shutter and groan.

"...Evy-"

"I knoooow you waaaant too!" She slid her hands down to his belt line.

"Ev! Stop."

He grabbed her wrists and pulled them away. He was frowning slightly at her. His chest was rising and falling rapidly.

"Waaass the matter? Dooon't yoooou want meeeee?" She asked, her big green eyes filling with tears.

"Yes. I do! Always. But you're not acting like you. This feels wrong."

She rose up on her toes and kissed him. He pulled away abruptly.

"Have you been drinking? Evelyn! Are you drunk?!"

Realization hit him hard. She gasped.

"How did you know! It was a seeeeeecret! Gally doesn't let aaaaaanyone into his suuuuper secret diiiiistillery!"

"What in the actual blood shuck is going on?!"

"I heeeelped Gally make his suuuuper secret drinks taste waaaaaay better."

"Okay...go on..."

"They taste better now!" She grinned at him. "I helped!"

"I see."

"I wanna kiss you now...cuz we haven't-"

"No. We aren't."

"Why?" She pouted. She pulled away and stumbled to the bed and tried to sit down but missed and fell onto the floor. Newt sighed and stepped closer and crouched in front of her.

"We ain't gonna 'cause your drunk and ain't thinkin' straight. You're not buggen' making very good decisions. And I ain't gonna take advantage of ya, my Love."

She looked up at him with big glassy eyes.

"Buuut...you stiiiilll love meee?"

"Yes Evy. I love you very much. You're just buggen' drunk in the middle of the bloody day." He was trying hard not to smile. He ran a hand through his hair.

"I'm gonna assume, you're a shucken bloody light weight...Gally wouldn't purposely get ya smashed...so what were ya actually doin'?"

"I heeeelped make it taste better!"

"Yes, I gathered that."

"We had tooooo taste teeeeeest it, Jonny said it was tooooo bitter!"

"Ah. So that's how it went down."

"But it tastes like a big fuzzy hug! Juuust like you!" She gasped, "it tastes like you!" And then she burst into giggles.

"What?"

"That's...that's what she said!"

Newt chocked and covered it with a cough.

"Shuck it, Eve!"

"You're not an it, Newt! But I'd shuck ya!" She smirked at him, and then continued to giggle.

Newt's face went pink, and ran a hand through his hair, and then down his face.

"You need some water and food. Come on!"

He stood up and helped Evelyn up. He took her hand and pulled her back out the door. She stumbled after him.

"Stop moving the floor!"

He shook his head in ammusment and then just picked her up. And carried her across the Glade.

"Gally!" He called.

The Keeper turned around at the yell of his name and then his broke into a big grin of amusement. Newt was carrying Evelyn bridal style, and Evelyn was kicking her feet, her head was ripped back, but a hand was playing with Newt's hair.

"How much of your shucken moonshine did she buggen' drunk?"

"We'll considering Jonny and Kadden and myself are just fine...we honestly didn't think it was a lot!"

"Yeah, but you guys drink it every month and it's STRONG and you guys are huge compared to her!"

Newt was trying hard not to laugh, she had seen Hephaestus, and scrambled out of his arms and layed down on the grass on her stomach and was acting like a small child.

"Yeah... clearly." Gally chuckled, watching her, "but she did make it taste good..."

While Gally talked about how she did it, she had gotten onto her hands and knees and crawled after the lizard. The guys didn't notice, she clumsy got to her feet and stumbled into the middle of the building project. Sitting down right in the middle she started stacking the building materials.

"GALLY! NEWT!"

The guys turned towards the shouting. One of Gally's Builders was pointing to the girl who was causing the work to come to a stop. She was pulling materials from the sorted materials, the guys all stopped.

"The shuck is goin' on?"

"Bloody hell!" Newt muttered.

Gally slapped a hand over his mouth trying to keep from laughing. Newt hurried over and grabbed her hands and pulled her up.

"Come on, Love. We gotta get you some water."

"A snack? I love snacks!"

"That's great! Let's go."

He pulled her away from the mess she made. And towards Fry.

"Frypan! I need some water and some food!"

"It's almost supper! Ya can't wait?"

"FRYPAN!" Evelyn screamed and then flew around the counter.

She tripped and fell. Frypan was quick enough to catch her and stand her up. It didn't seem to phase her at all because she just jumped into his arms, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Hey Evy..."

Fry looked up at Newt with a confused look. Newt sighed heavily and shook his head.

"She got drunk helping Gally with his moonshine." Newt explained.

"Ah."

He patted her head.

"Come on, let's get you a snack."

"I LOVE snacks! Can I have a cookie?"

She looked up at him with such big puppy dog eyes Fry caved so fast. Newt pulled her off and held her wrist, she kept trying to walk away, getting excited about anything.

"She's like a shucken toddler!" Newt huffed.

"Yeah, but a cute toddler." Fry chuckled, handing her a cookie, making her jump up and down and squeal. She sat down, Newt let go and she sat cross legged and ate her snack.

"She's always cute." Newt chuckled look down at the girl eating a cookie.

Fry chuckled and went back to making supper. She finished and tried to stand up.

"I don't feel good."

"Well I don't buggen' doubt it. Let's get ya to bed."

"You gonna take me to bed? You gotta taaake me on a date fiiiirst!" She grinned at him.

He rolled his eyes his cheeks turning pink. Frypan burst out laughing. Newt swooped her up and carried her back across the Glade.

"I don't feel good!"

Newt stopped walking, she scrambled out of his arms and landed hard on the ground, Newt crouched beside her. She ended up throwing up. Newt smoothed her hair away from her face.

She threw up a second time. And then whimpered. Newt frowned. Once she was done emptying her stomach contents onto the grass, Newt picked her up and carried her back to her room. He placed her down on the bed, and removed her shoes.

"Evy...you gotta take your shirt off, it's quite dirty."

"...okay..."

Her eyes were fluttering, her eyes wouldn't focus. He gently tugged her shirt, carful to not get the throw up in her hair. He balled it up and put it aside. He lay her down and pulled the blanket up.

"Sleep Love. You're gonna have a wicked headache tomorrow." He chuckled, "I'll get you some water and pain meds."

But she was already out.

__________________________

"So? How's the tipsy little Pixy?" Minho chuckled, sitting down at supper.

"Sick. And sleeping it off."

"She was quite fun!"

Newt rolled his eyes.

"Little Bird's a good little chemist." Gally added, "also, she's got some fun secrets, and has some good jokes."

"Who's got jokes?" Nick asked sitting, with Alby and Sonny.

"Pixy was quiet...had a fun afternoon." Minho chuckled.

Gally and Minho explained what happened. They had tears running down their faces as they reluved the afternoon and some of the rediculous things she said. Newt tried to keep a straight face but kept snorting and chocking on his supper.

"She's got a second personality hiding." Sonny chuckled and shook his head.

"Poor kids gonna have a wicked headache." Nick smirked.

"I'm excited to try this new flavoured drinks Evy made."

"It's pretty good!" Gally chuckled.

Newt finished supper and went back to check on Evelyn. She hadn't moved. He chuckled and shook his head. He changed into PJ bottoms and crawled into the bed beside her propping himself up, with a mug of tea and read beside her. Sometime later she woke up with a groan. She rolled over towards him.

"Love? How ya feelin'?"

She just whimpered. He chuckled and held his arm open, she scootched over and like a child crawled on top, laying on her stomach, laying her head on his chest. He leaned down and kissed the top of her head. Playing with her hair and rubbing her back he continued to read while she slept snuggled close.

Even smashed, she was sweet and innocent, unlike when he was drunk. He became angry and mean, she was always inside and out sweet and kind and beautiful.

She shifted and snuggled her face deeper into his chest. His heart fluttered. They had been together for a few months and moments like this still made his heart beat wildly and his breathing ragged. She had tried to offer herself and he had mixed feelings about it. He felt guilty and sad that Evelyn might possibly think that's all he wants from her.

He would be lying if he didn't think of it, but he loved her as a person; her personality, her kindness, gentleness, her intellect, her ability to stay calm in high stress life and death situations. He was in no rush, when they get out if this prison, he had every intention of building a full thriving life with her.

Burying his hand into her hair cradling the back of her head, he kissed the top of her head.

"I love you so much, My Angel."

___________________________________________

https://pin.it/dV0zJuU

**Snuggles like this! 😍**

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

1.4M 45.6K 33
❝She must save them. He must save her.❞ Upon her arrival into the Glade, things take a twisted turn and survival becomes the number one priority as t...
1M 24.3K 34
You're one of the first few people to be in the Maze, helping build up what the Glade becomes while searching for a way out. You were the one to gree...
74.5K 1.3K 47
"And this is the moment I realize, that all the sadness I saw the day he first smiled at me is gone. That this is the purest smile he ever gave me, t...
265K 8.7K 73
Jane is put in the maze as the first girl, but she has different intentions than the others. At first, she doesn't remember anything except for her n...