The Healer

Autorstwa MEllenH

Evelyn was sent up to The Maze with the original Gladers. She was the lone girl right from the start. But bei... Więcej

Author's Notes
Prologue
Chapter 1: Birthday Wish
Chapter 2: Waking up
Chapter 3: Not a Witch
Chapter 4: First Gathering
Chapter 5: Nighttime Secrets
Chapter 6: The Glade
Chapter 7: A Hurting Heart
Chapter 8: Banishment
Chapter 9: The Syringe
Chapter 10: Grief
Chapter 11: Moonlit Forest
Chapter 12: Final Human Trial
Chapter 13: Don't Worry
Chapter 14: Rock Bottom
Chapter 15: Broken
Chapter 16: Listless Feelings
Chapter 17: Found & Awake
Chapter 18: Angel in Moonlight
Chapter 19: Anger
Chapter 20: Deal
Chapter 21: Quality Time
Chapter 23: I'm Yours
Author Note
chapter 24: The Box
Chapter 25: Bloody Wounds
Chapter 26: Glade Princess
Chapter 27: Awake
Chapter 28: Tease
Chapter 29: Taste Testing
Chapter 30: Tipsy Little Pixy
Chapter 31: Hangovers
Chapter 32: Follow the Flame
Chapter 33: Game On
Chapter 34: The Healer
Chapter 35: Fire
Chapter 36: Chuck
Chapter 37: Grief in the Forest
Chapter 38: Greenie Day
Chapter 39: Hurt Feelings
Chapter 40: Another Greenie
Chapter 41: Slammed Shut
Chapter 42: A Night
Chapter 43: Numbness
Chapter 44: Confessions
Chapter 45: Decisions
Chapter 46: Banishment
Chapter 47: Bloody Halls
Chapter 48: Take a Shower
Chapter 49: The Girl
Chapter 50: Voices in my Head
Chapter 51: Hammock in the Forest
Chapter 52: Section 4
Chapter 53: The Cliff
Chapter 54: Voices and Leaders
Chapter 55: Attacked
Chapter 56: Gally's Warning
Chapter 57: The Truth of it All
Chapter 58: Be Careful. Don't Die.
Chapter 59: The Hall
Chapter 60: Near Death
Chapter 61: The Final Variable
Chapter 62: Rescued

Chapter 22: Blushing

552 23 129
Autorstwa MEllenH

🌶️Spicy Kissing Scene🌶️

For the rest of the week was very much the same. Evelyn would go to her own bed to sleep, wake in the middle of the night and then quietly slip into the MedHut. Newt would open his arms, she would snuggle in, he would kiss her forehead and they would fall back asleep. It was a shock for Jeff and Nick when she walked out of his room slightly disheveled from sleep. They all stood staring at each other.

"Sleep well?" Nick finally asked with a smirk. 

"Yes, thank you for asking." She said with a sniff, her chin in the air. 

She knew she was blushing, but she flipped her hair over her shoulder and pushed passed them and out the door to change in her room. She came back into the hut and she heard deep voices. She glimpsed the back of Minho, he was sitting in the chair by Newt's bed, his elbows on his knees. The boys were talking quietly. She smiled and went to work at her desk. A few minutes later Minho came sauntering out of the room with a smirk and sparkle in his eyes. 

"Mornin' Pixy. You're lookin' mighty well rested." He teased, rubbing the top of her head, messing up her hair. 

"Mean-ho!" she cried swatting his hands. 

He just chuckled at her. Folding his arms he leaned against her table. His smirk grew serious. 

"You're doing okay?" He asked quietly.

She sat back in her chair, looking up at her best friend. His face was serious, but she saw the sparkle in his eye. She didn't know what the two talked about in the other room, but they seemed to have come to some kind of agreement. She smiled up at him. 

"Yes, I'm good Minho. Thank you for checking." 

He nodded, "I gotta make sure my Pixy is doing good. We haven't seen you around much, so..."

"Minho? Are you saying what I think you're saying?" She raised an eyebrow at him. 

"And what am I saying?" 

"You miss me! Big Bad Mean-Ho misses me?" 

He scoffed and rolled his eyes, "pfft. No!" 

"Yes you do!" She teased. 

"No!" 

"Admit Min. You can't go a day without your best friend!" 

"Hey! What the bloody shuck am I?" Came Newt's voice from the door. They both looked over and he was sitting with his arms crossed, pouting like a small child. 

"My other best friend." Minho rolled his eyes, and waved his hand dismissively.

"I love you Newt." Evelyn chuckled. 

Newt rolled his eyes, but they could see the corners of his mouth lift into a small smile. Minho smirked down at her. 

"How about I'll come join you guys at supper at the picnic tables? Newt, that okay?" She called over her shoulder. 

He sighed dramatically, and then threw his hands into the air. "Fine. I guess I can share."  

Evelyn smiled up at Minho, who grinned, and bounced on his toes like an excited toddler. "Okay!"

She chuckled, and watch him bound out the door and across the glad to the open doors. She shook her head and went back to her table. It was quiet in the hut, Jeff was out doing rounds, so it was just the two of them in the hut. 

"What cha workin' on Love?" Newt called. 

"Are you bored?" She chuckled. 

"Bloody hell yes!" he whined. 

With a chuckle, she picked up her notebook and pencil and went to sit beside him. He wrapped his arms around her waist and she leaned into him, he laid his chin on her shoulder and peeked over. She was drawing what looked like some kind of thistle. She continued to sketch while Newt watched. He eventually got bored of watching her and started leaving small kisses on the back of her neck. She shivered, and tried to continue to sketch and ignore the wild fluttering butterflies in her stomach. She could tell he was smirking and did it again. Her eyes involuntarily slid closed with a small moan of pleasure. 

"Am I distracting you, my Angel?" He whispered in her ear. Her heart jumped into her throat, and she knew her chest was rising more quickly then it was. 

"Yes." She breathed. 

"Want me ta stop?" His breath tickled her skin.

"No." 

"Good. 'Cause I wasn' gonna." 

His kisses trailed down her neck to her shoulder. Evelyn bit her lip to keep any noise from escaping. He slowly worked his way back up, and stopped at one spot, staying there, gently kissing and sucking on the ender skin. A small gasp escaped her lips. Newt's hands were clamped tightly on her waist, but he slowly and cautiously slipped under the hem of her top. his warm hands rested on her bare skin. She sucked in a breath, his hands froze. 

"Love? You okay?" He whispered. 

She had no way to answer other than nod, she had lost the ability to talk. 

"Ya sure?"

She nodded again. He cautiously went back to kissing here neck. Just his thumbs moved, slowly brushing back and forth. Her skin broke out in goose bumps again. She was holding her pencil so tight her knuckles where white. Her other hand had clamped down on what ever was beside her, trying to keep herself from spinning out of control. What she happened to grab was Newt's thigh, it was his turn to suck in a sharp breath. Her head was still fuzzy, but she let go with a soft, "Sorry." 

"No, it's okay Love. Just...makin' me feel more alive than I've been all bloody year." 

Evelyn slowly pulled away and turned to face him, ever slowly and hesitantly and carful of his still healing leg, she climbed onto his lap, knees on either side of his hips. She saw a small  blush rise to the surface of his cheeks. She shyly lifted her head up and meet his big brown ones. They both looked shyly at the other. She bit her bottom lip, he gave her a small smirk, gently used his thumb and swiped her lip from her teeth. She shifted slightly and he gasped, his eyes going wide.

"Definitely feelin' very alive." He gulped, his voice was horse. 

"Sorry." She whispered. 

Evelyn glancing away nervously. She went to slid off his lap when he clamped his hands around her hips, keeping her in place. She looked back up, his eyes were dark but not in anger. He pulled her closer. Hungrily kissing her. Newt kissed her desperately. He pulled her closer, they were as close as possible now. Evelyn ran her hands up his chest, she could feel his heart beating wildly. Her hands slid to the back of his neck. When she shifted again, he broke their kiss with another gasp. His hands were digging into her hips, but they now slid under the hem of her shirt, and up her sides. His hands were warm and soft. She whimpered when his hands slowly moved around. 

"Love?" He managed to whisper. 

She only managed to humm, her words were all jumbled, no way she could form coherent words. 

"You alright?" 

She nodded. His hands went back to softly exploring. She whimpered again when his fingers gently caressed her tender skin. Her nails dug into his shoulders. Her head flopped back, facing the ceiling, he went for her neck. Newt's hands now moved to the front under her shirt and when he caressed her again she arched her back into his touch, with another whimper and moan. She forcing her hips more into him.

"Shuck Evelyn..." he growled. 

Newt did it again. Gently running his fingers over her bare skin turning her into a whimpering mess. She pushed her hips into him again making him growl. Evelyn tugged at the hem of his shirt, he slid his hands out of her shirt and allowed her to tug it off. Her nails dug into his back. Newt's hands went right back up her shirt making her moan again. He slid his hands down and went to flip them. 

He immediately ripped away with a yelp of pain. He clamped his eyes closed, breathing heavily, from their heavy make out and now from the sharp pain shooting from his leg. 

"Oh Newt!" Evelyn cried, scrambling off him. Her eyes wide with fear and concern. "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" 

Tears formed in her eyes watching his face twist in pain, she was still holding his face, she closed her eyes and harnessed her power, after their wild heated kiss, she could feel a small increase her power, and before it disappeared, she sent it into Newt. She could feel his breathing slow down, his clamped jaw loosened, and the tears disappeared. 

"Ev! Stop! Enough!" Newt cried, grabbing her wrists, yanking them off his face. Her eyes flew open. Her hands were glowing, Newt had a worried look on his face, searching her face.

"Enough, Love. I'm fine. Stop. I'm okay." He was still breathing hard, his hair was disheveled, his face was flushed, and he had some small claw marks on his shoulders. When she meet his eyes he smiled. "I'm okay my Angel, thank you." He said more gently, letting go of her wrists and held her cheek gently. 

They both sat, staring at each other for a moment. A smirk slowly formed on his face. 

"That was the bloody distraction." 

Evelyn looked down with a giggle and a blush. He gently grabbed her chin and lifted her face back up. 

"I love you." 

"I love you too." 

"Come, I'll sit nice and good and let ya buggen' work." He smirked at her. 

"Promise?"

"No." He smirked. 

"I can go sit at the table." She threatened. 

He gasped, "You wouldn't!" 

She shrugged a maybe, with a smirk of her own. True to his word, he sat and let her work.  Eventually she put the pencil down. 

"Hey, I was just thinking. I can put you to work, if your board! I have a full notebook of sketches that need the descriptions copied over, so it's all in one place. It's not exciting, but would keep you busy." 

"I'd love to!" 

They spent the rest of the week working quietly together side by side. Evelyn would sketch the flower or plant, and Newt would copy all the information from her scrap notes into the notebook. And the different recipes and remedies it was used in. Jeff was back and forth from the hut, always finding excuses to leave the MedHut with a wink and smirk.  Newt and Evelyn weren't complaining, they utilized their time alone, knowing this wouldn't last, because nothing good ever lasted in the Maze. 

____________________________

It was Greenie Day. Meaning today was fire night and the boys were all wild and excited. 

"Jeffy! You're not the Greenie anymore!" Evelyn smiled over her breakfast. 

"Yeah, its weird. Definitely feels like I've been here a lot longer." He agreed. 

"You were kinda thrown into the deep end hey? Sorry man." Nick sighed. He removed his glasses and ran a hand down his face. 

"Meh." He shrugged, "Not your fault." 

"So, who are we beating on today?" Minho asked, pointing his fork. 

"No idea!" Alby grumbled, "As long as they don't whine or cry!" 

"Alby. We all cried our first few days here! Have some compassion." Evelyn scolded. 

They spent the rest of breakfast disguising the new greenie. Evelyn drained the rest of her coffee and stood up. 

"Where you off to in a rush?" Minho raised and eyebrow and twisted around to see her. 

She rolled her eyes, "I'm not in a rush, but I don't take forever to ear like you slow pokes." 

Minho folded his arms and narrowed his eyes, "Off to see lover boy?" 

She groaned, running a hand down her face in frustration, he had called Newt lover boy for the last two weeks and it was really annoying. Or if they were together he had mashed their names together and started calling them Newlyn. Sonny had also started calling them that. 

"Minho I swear!" 

"What are ya gonna do about it, huh Pixy?" He teased. 

"Do I gotta sit down and have discussion with Lover Boy? I've seen those marks on your neck! Also Winston said he heard some interesting noises from the MedHut yesterday!" 

"Excuse me?" Evelyn gasped. Her face heating up, she knew she was blushing, but she was more flustered and frustrated with Minho than embarrassed at this point.

"What? I did NOT say that! I said NOTHING. I wasn't even over there yesterday! Do NOT bring me into this!" Winston yelped, from the other side of the table. 

"Fine. Winston did not say those things, but it SO happened!"

"Minho?" She hissed, her eyes narrowed. 

"Yes little Pixy?" he asked, an amused smirk on his face. 

"Don't be gross!" 

"Just sayin'...when two people love each other...weird noises happen." 

"Oh shuck, eww, Minho! Stop!" Evelyn yelped, "Just shut up!" 

"It's not eww. It's all normal, hormones run wild, things get out of control-" 

"MINHO SHUT UP!" Evelyn wailed. 

Minho roared with laughter. The guys at the table were trying hard not to laugh. 

"Uhg, you guys are so shucken immature!"

"What? We're all jealous of the shank! He got the girl." 

"I for one am not jealous." Jeff pipped up. 

"Thank you Jeff." 

"Though I do avoid the MedHut as much as possible...I don't wanna walk in on anything." He grinned, the guys at the table all howled with laughter. 

"Shuck you." She muttered. 

"Nah, shucking you is Lover Boys job!" Minho gasped between laughter. 

Evelyn gasped again, spun on her heel and marched away, as the guys laughter followed her all the way to the Med Hut. She slammed the door open and slammed it shut. 

"What's wrong?" Sonny looked up. He was having breakfast with Newt this morning. 

"Love, everything okay?" 

"No!" She cried, slamming things around. 

"Tell me." 

"I hate being stuck in this shucken place with all boys! They are all immature stupid and I hate it! Boys are the worst." 

She slammed some more things down on the table, trying to keep the frustrated tears inside. Maybe today the creators would send a girl. She could really use a girlfriend. Sonny had gotten up, grabbed her shoulders from behind, turned them both around and gently pushed her towards Newt, who was frowning, looking worried at her. He waved her over. She walked over with her head down. 

"I'll see you later." Sonny said. 

"Thanks Sonny, I'll see ya latter." 

Sonny left, and Newt opened his arms and she sunk down and into his chest. He rubbed her back sympathetically. 

"I never thought abou' how you were the only lass. I'm sorry Love." 

She just groaned, her face pressed into his chest. 

"What happened?" 

"Minho was being...stupid and gross and an immature child. Making all the nasty jokes." 

"Like..?" Newt raised an eyebrow.

"Like when two people love each other they sometimes make loud weird noises..." She grumbled, her face still pressed into his chest. 

She heard him snort, trying hard not to laugh. 

"Please not you too!" She sat up, pulling away from him. 

"No, no, Love. Though..."He raised an eyebrow at her, and a sly smirk appeared on his face, "I can make that buggen' lie become a truth." 

"NEWT!" She gasped, smacking his chest. 

She went to get up with a huff. He laughed and grabbed her waist, pulled her back down, into his lap. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her. 

_____________________________________________________________________

**Last fluffy chapter before some more trauma and back to the wild Glade Life**

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

12.7K 251 17
Y/N was the first girl sent into the maze right before Teresa, the only catch was that she was sent up the Box along with Thomas. Neither of them had...
21.8K 768 36
"We are never getting out of here are we," I said to my best friend without the slightest bit of hope. "Come on, Teddy. Don't think like that," he s...
54.9K 1.6K 22
[Book One of Unbroken series] Charlotte knew nothing. But she wasn't the only one, every single person in the Glade knew nothing. Only their names...
74.4K 1.3K 47
"And this is the moment I realize, that all the sadness I saw the day he first smiled at me is gone. That this is the purest smile he ever gave me, t...