SOULMATE - [์ •์›]

By nikiiiluvv

BOOK 2 OF THE "STARLIGHT" SERIES ๐™„๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™ž๐™œ๐™ฃ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฉ ๐™จ๐™–๐™œ๐™– ๐™ค๐™› ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก๐™ข๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š๐™จ, ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ž๐™ง ๐™ก๐™ค๏ฟฝ... More

author's note
prologue
one
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
finale
epilogue
author's note

two

660 37 26
By nikiiiluvv

Glancing over the big sign hanging at their neighbor house, Jayeon was suprised by the house getting sold for new owners.

The gil walked towards her house with big steps, feeling the air brushing through her dark brown hair which almsot reached her chest length. She really needed to get done a new hair cut, not visiting a hair salon for years since her mother didn't allow her to cut her hair.

But now Jayeon was almost 18, feeling aware of her actions and doings so she could easily go ahead against her mom, whatever she would say the next time.
Even as she unlocked the door, entering the two-story apartment she could already hear her mom's voice trying to talk to her youngest daughter.

"Why are you so late Jayeon?"
Her mom shouted, the girl assumed her to be in the kitchen due to the fact that there were cooking sounds in the background.

Jayeon's pov:

"I visited Janmi, she's sick"
I shouted back,replying to her previous question. I carefully slipped off my shoes as i placed them back in the small shoe shelf our family uses. Almost the whole shelf was full with Yunjil's branded shoes, some prada boots and also a lot of high heels.

Yunjil already visits the college, working as an employee in a restaurant part-time which is where she gets all the money from. As an adult she always tries to make me bad in still going to high school although it was my last year. It just started yet but it was still the last.

Since mom didn't reply back, i just quickly went upstairs, heading towards my room as i threw my bagback in one corner of my room. I didn't care about the books inside since i just let my body fall on my bed, groaning in exhaustion.

Meeting him alone wasn't the best start for the way i wanted to go by just trying to stay calm around him but avoid being alone with him. My deepest inside surely wanted to spend time with him so bad but i couldn't go that far. I'd never hurt Minji. As much as i wanted to, i couldn't enjoy seeing them as a couple, it hurts. I can't just turn off my feelings for him in a moment.

"Mom said meal is ready, be prepared if she says she didn't make enough for all of us"
My sister's annoying voice reached my ears when my face still lay flat on the blanket, msyelf not showing any motivation to spend time with my family now.
Sometimes i wouldn't even get something to eat since my mom puts my dad's and sister's eat schedule as her first priority.

"Mhm"
I just hummed in response as i slowly got up, not motivated to do anything the next hours. But i had to. At least i had to see my parents once this day. If not i would just be called as the ungrateful daughter who just hides herself instead of helping in the household.

"Fine, you're finally here"
Dad said annoyed as he took a seat on his chair, right next to mine. I also sat down, dad and me facing Yunjil and Mom straightly since they sat across us.

"How was your day Jayeon?"
Mom asked me while starting to curl up her spaghettis on the fork she held in her left hand.

"Well, we planned on our grad-"
I started as i was already cut off by my sister who just couldn't shut up and needed to talk about her success at work.

"Mom and dad, i'm so happy to tell you this. I was finally promoted to the serving service in the restaurant. No washing the dishes anymore. It's better, my nails were always broken up because of it"
Yunjil said, considering her nails she just painted pink with some glitter stones on them.

She always needed to cut me off right? I never get the chance to even say one sentence before she starts again.

"Oh, darling we're so proud of you"
Mom said as she patted Yunjil's shoulder who just smiled proudly.

That hurted. I never got to hear mom and dad saying this to me. They were never proud of me for something. Even if i brought home a good grade, they would just nod and stay quiet. Usually it's always like the older one has to fight for all the stuff and the younger sibling just gets it all for free, right?
Well, in my case it's the opposite. I always have to fight for the stuff Yunjil just gets like this.

"Jayeon, you should take an example from your older sister! Yunjil always brought home good grades, not like you mediocre ones"
Mom said as she raised her eyebrows while looking deeply in my eyes. She knew how to scold me the right way. Just enough to hurt me.

I had to pull myself together so hardly to not cry in front of my family. I just exhaled one time heavily before standing up, taking my plate in my hands, about to go upstairs and eat alone in my room. But i was stopped by my dad's raising voice.

"Where are you going, Jayeon? Don't you see that we are still eating?"

"I'll eat alone in my room"
A rolled my eyes, ready to make the next step towards the stairs. This time i was stopped my someone pulling my wrist harshly.

"Noo, that's unfair, mom. Then she can just easily chat with her friends instead of spending time with her family"
Yunjil's hand was still pulling my wrist until i rolled my eyes at her, pulling my wrist away from her grip what suprisingly worked.

"Come on Yunjil, you don't even notice me while eating, it's like i'm invisible to you. So stop saying that's unfair, wouldn't it be better for you actually? Just go on and talk about yourself, you bitch"
I covered my mouth by my last word, I couldn't even turn my gaze to Yunjil's as i felt a punch on my cheek. As i looked up, covering my burning side of the face with my hand, i looked directly in my mom's eyes. She looked so angry to me.

"Kim Jayeon, how dare you to call your sister like this! Stay here and eat with us or go upstairs and starve for this night"

My brain was still busy with recoginizing the situation.

My mom, the woman who gave birth to me forced me to starve or spend time with my family. My answer was clear, i swear. Never i would pay even one more second with this family.

"Fine, then i guess i have to go to bed without dinner this night"
Tears were slowly formed in my eyes but i succeeded with holding them back on my whole way upstairs to my room. I shut the door, not caring about the loud sound it created.

I finally let out everything.

Why do i have to live this life? No one would ever love me right?

This family is completely shit. Mom and dad only care about Yunjil who thinks she is someone better than anyone else with her fantastic job as an employee in a restaurant no one even knew.

This life is completely shit.

Thoughts were running through my mind all the time i just lay in my bed, hugging my pillows and plushies as i finally managed to sleep at 2am. Great, tomorrow wouldn't be easy, just as everyday in this depressing life.

Jayeon's pov end.

"You look tired today, yeon"
Riki startled the girl who was just resting her head on the table, waiting for the other students to arrive to the philosophy class. It was a pretty relaxing class, often they would just talk about different theories for the end of the life or else.

"Oh yeah, i just watched a k-drama all night"
Jayeon lied, looking up to Riki who straightly sat in front of her in the second row, meaning the girl sat in the third row, making it easy for her to hide behind the tall boy to just ties ome bracelets or sleep.

"Silly girl, you can do that in your freetime or at the weekends but not at night when we have school"
Riki shook his head while chuckling at the drowsy girl, he flinched her forehead to just make her groan in pain as he chuckled even more.

Riki's eyes catched tow students entering the small classroom, catching Jayeon's attention towrards his gaze. Riki's eyes followed the steps of the two students who were just holding hands.

"Hey, who's there?"
Jayeon asked when she couldn't see the students since Riki's head was blocking her sight.

"Oh, uhm no one. Everything's fine. By the way, did we have homework for today?"
Riki tried to change the theme when the girl tried even more trecognize the two students who now sat down on their seats, unfortunately in the last row so she couldn't see them directly. As she wanted to turn around, Riki's hand oulled her chin to make her look at him.

"Did you put on makeup for today?"
Riki smirked as he saw a small glimmer on Jayeon's cheek, conveying it as a judge although it was supposed to be a compliment.

"What?- Now let go of my chin, why-"
Jayeon rescued herself from his grip as she saw Jungwon and Minji in the last row, cuddling as Minji sat on Jungwon's lap. He was patting her back in circles as she just rested her head on the boy's shoulder. They looked so- Deeply in love.

Jayeon slowly turned back to Riki again, her smile immediately dropping when she saw them two. If only she let Riki distract her from looking after them two.

"I'm so sorry you had to see this, Yeon. Are you okay?"
Riki asked worriedly as he saw the disappointed expression on her face. She looked sad, but already before. Something must have happened. Jayeon just nodded in response, resting her head back on her ellbows on the table to closer her eyes.

She just wanted to travel to dreamland again before Riki was hecticly tapping her shoulder.
"Yeon!"

"Let me sleep"
Jayeon just mumbled in response, ignoring the hectic pats of her best friend.

"Yeon, stand up, Mr. Oh is here"
Riki was even flinching the girl's back of her head when she immediately opened her eyes, standing up to greet the teacher when he entered the classroom. Luckily Riki warned her before the teacher could scold her for sleeping in class.

All students quickly greeted their teacher as he nodded and greeted back. Mr Oh was a very kind teacher but could also be strict if he wanted to. Most of the students always relaxed themselves during Philosophy class that's why everyone liked it so much.

"So students, this time we're doing something else than just talking like always. You guys will do a project in duos whose topic i'm gonna present to you individually since every duo will have a different theme."

Jayeon raised her eyebrows by the teacher's announcement. She was excited to finally do something else than just talking about the question of life even though philosophy really interested her.

"We're gonna work together right?"
Jayeon tapped the boy in front of him, asking Riki directly. The two were always working together, they were a good team. Surely Jayeon also wanted to work with Minji her best friend but she would probably work with her boyfriend. She got used to accept the fact that Minji couldn't pay her full attention to her anymore.

Riki nodded in agreement as he smirked at the girl. He still wondered if she really put on makeup since her cheeks were shining so much in the light the lamp above the students spent. She looked so pretty she thought.

"Stop looking at your friends, guys. This time i chose the duos. Listen to me now, i'll announce the teams which are going to be about two people each.
So, Yunah and Jay, Jake and Minji, Riki and Sunghoon, Sunoo and Heeseung, and finally Jungwon and Jayeon. You are not allowed to switch your teammate since i spent a lot of my time to create the duos while taking into account your skills in philosophy class"

Jayeon widened her eyes at the teacher who now sat down on his chair before just taking out his book and laptop and placing it on his desk.
She had to work with Jungwon?
It wasn't that she didn't want to, it was just too unbelievable for the girl. She looked at Riki who just looked disappointed at her, he hoped to work with Jayeon so much but now he had to work with someone else.

The girl turned around then, seeing how Minji placed a kiss on her boyfriend's lips before going to Jake, her partner for the project.
Then she saw how Jungwon looked at her and smiled at the girl who was a bit overwhelmed as she just smiled in his direction back. Then the brown haired boy stood up and walked towards her seat.

"I'm so lucky with having you in my team haha. Imagine i had to work with someone who is as bad in philosopy as me"
Jungwon chuckled while stopping by Jayeon's table. The girl's mind was just about the words that just escaped his mouth.

She thought, he was happy to be in a team with her. But at the same times that he was just happy because Jayeon was good in this class, not because they're close to eachother even though they were really good friends. It hurted her a bit but she didn't blame him for that since she understood it.

"I believe we're gonna rock this"
Jayeon smiled as she received a smile and a hectic nod from Jungwon who still stood next to her seat.

"Yang Jungwon and Kim Jayeon, please come to me shortly"
Mr Oh gave them his waving hand as a sign to go to his desk and let him tell them their topic they're gonna talk about. The two students stood up by the teacher's voice before walking towards the male with big steps.

"Okay, so you two have the exercise to talk about the connection between two soulmates. Please explain the way how two souls could communicate without any words. Also please bring up the theories and guesses from different perspectives about the theme soulmates.
Is it promised to find your soulmate? What are signs for a soul connection and so on. You will have 8 weeks time since i have high expectations to you guys"
Mr Oh explained the two who just nodded, leaving the teacher as he finished his explanation.

"We really got a nice topic! I'm very looking forward to work with you on this, yeon"
Jungwon noticed the corner of his mouth slowly cursing into a smile unconsciously as he looked at his girlfriend's best friend.

Butterflies were raising in the girl's stomach as she looked in his dark brown eyes. Seeing him laugh made her feel complete. His sparkles in his eyes made the girl loose herself in them, she could look at his eyes for so long.

The two students continued talking about their project as they left the class, of course with the permission of the teacher who allowed them to go outside to get some fresh air for enough inspiration. Riki watched them two leaving the class, laughing at eachother as if they were making fun of something all the time.

"Where are they going?"
Riki muttered to himself, not noticing that his teammate Sunghoon heard his whisper and watched the younger boy looking at the opened door all the time. He didn't think of it for too long so he just continued writibg down ideas for their project on his own.
They were supposed to talk about the question if freedom really exists and how the differnt opinions on this question are.

Riki now turned his gaze to the window as he saw two familiar people sitting on the bench right under a cherry blossom tree, still laughing and laughing as they were talking.

But why did it hurt him seeing the two together somehow? He sighed as he continued watching the two students on the bench, one of them who was Jayeon writing down some notes on her note book. How much Riki wante dto work with her.

"Please, don't fall in love with him more, yeon"
The poor boy muttered to himself as his eyes were focused on the two.

❀❀❀

(𝐚/𝐧: 𝐢 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐥)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.3K 880 35
BOOK 1 OF THE "MOONLIGHT" SERIES ๐™„๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง๐™—๐™ž๐™™๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š, ๐™ฉ๐™ฌ๐™ค ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™๐™ž๐™ซ๐™ž๐™™๐™ช๐™–๐™ก๐™จ ๐™™๐™š๐™›๐™ฎ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ง๐™ช๐™ก๐™š๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๏ฟฝ...
377K 13.5K 60
๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in ๐——๐—˜๐—–๐—”๐——๐—˜๐—ฆ OR ๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› noura denoire and charle...
230K 17.4K 44
wherein a girl who has incredible powers discovers someone immune to it. ยฉ FLAUVIER 2022 ENHYPEN FANFIC ...
127K 7.3K 29
Park Yeona is not your typical princess ready to live her life portraying a perfect life as the Queen of Joseon, but when her grandmother made an agr...