Pit of Snakes (Lucius, Draco...

By potionsinthedark

Y/N is a slytherin, and a part of Draco's group of friends. Starting her last year at Hogwarts there is a lot... More

Author's Note
1 • Eat or Be Eaten
2 • Less Lonely
3 • The Dinner
4 • More Lies
5 • The Maze
6 • White Rose
7 • Some Tea
8 • Exploding Snap
9 • Memory Lane
10 • Sharing Secrets
11 • Your Kiss
12 • Safe Word
13 • Hogwarts Express
14 • The Professor
15 • Divination Class
16 • Bad Behaviour
17 • Bite Me
18 • Breakfast Club
19 • Sea Creatures
20 • Little Birds
21 • Death Eater
22 • Stop Talking
23 • Jelly Slugs
24 • Sweet Temptation
25 • Yes Darling
26 • Not Sorry
27 • The Orange
28 • Rat Tonic
29 • Black Rose
30 • Thank You
31 • Secret Gossip
32 • The Truth
33 • Tell Me
34 • Dear Jade
35 • Locked Heart
36 • Falling Behind
37 • Knock Knock
38 • Don't Stop
39 • Dragon Toy
40 • Some Honesty
41 • Mind Games
42 • High Horse
43 • Bubble Trouble
44 • Black Swan
45 • Believe Me
46 • Wet Blanket
47 • Tick Tock
48 • The Scream
49 • Favourite Colour
50 • Ice Cubes
51 • Lucky You
52 • Desire Erised
53 • Abandonment Issues
54 • Dark Sentiments
55 • Be Careful
56 • Feral Beast
57 • Deep Connection
58 • Victory Ball
59 • Gladrags Wizardwear
60 • Mere Hearsay
61 • Floating Balloons
62 • The Dance
63 • Early Mornings
64 • Mischief Managed
65 • Potions Master
66 • Nothing Special
67 • Suppressed Memories
68 • Murderous Machine
69 • The Police
70 • Stop Teasing
71 • My Weakness
72 • Sweet Girl
73 • Foolish Game
74 • Hero Complex
75 • Black Cake
76 • Pine Needles
77 • Red Flames
78 • Astronomy Tower
79 • (Dys)functional Family
80 • Angel's Trumpet
81 • Pain Relief
82 • Amber Rays
83 • Wee Pumpkin
84 • Go Play
85 • Cock-a-Hoop
86 • That Imbecile
87 • Big Baby
88 • Release Me
89 • Old Snake
90 • Back Then
91 • Headless Chicken
92 • Lemon Cheesecake
93 • Swedish Siren
94 • Like Heaven
95 • About Time
96 • Should Have
97 • Bad Blood
98 • Protect You
99 • Symbolic Farewell
100 • Case Closed
101 • Attention Please
102 • Hopeless Romantic
103 • The End
Bonus • Forbidden Forest
Bonus • At Last
Bonus • Hospital Wing

Bonus • Second Time

1.1K 29 118
By potionsinthedark

A/N: Let's go back in time as requested. This is long. Let's see Severin Prince be born.

But first...

Smut ahead.

-

«Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you», you sang, but your voice cracked and quickly your words formed into quiet laughter instead when you noticed how Severus' face fell. Scarlet continued the song, however, and you had to nudge the man to stop his dismay from shining a little too bright for her to see.

Severus folded and put the Daily Prophet he'd been peacefully reading on the table. Right next to a hot steaming mug of black coffee.

«Let her», you whispered into his mind, and was pleased to see how he forced a faint curl at the corner of his lips. «Thank you», you added and attempted to show him an image of the reward he would get in the evening if he could keep the mask up. This too calmed the dissatisfaction clouded in his dark eyes.

«Love you», Scarlet squealed and threw herself into her father's arms, before handing him a drawing she had made especially for his birthday.

Severus looked at the drawing and felt his throat begin to dry. You peeked over his shoulder and smiled.

«It's us», you pointed out and gave him a peck on the cheek, «she worked really hard on it». His eyes went to the small girl, whose hair had grown longer and whose eyes had so much life in them. They sparkled with the childlike wonder that Severus' had found foreign for almost as long as he could remember.

«Thank you», his dark voice said, causing the girl to let out a happy and hearty squeal as she turned to run down the hall towards her box of toys.

Once she'd gone, you pulled his chair out from the table enough so you could sit down in his lap. «I know you don't like birthdays», you said, only for him to let out a sigh and put the drawing on the table next to the newspaper, careful not to spill coffee on it.

«I sense a but», he murmured as he looked down at your rather large belly that was pressed between the two of you. He naturally placed his big palms against it, and for a moment you noticed a more genuine smile twitch at his lips as the little boy kicked against his father's hands.

«But please just let us show you just how loved and appreciated you are», you smiled and put your arms around his neck.

Keeping his hands on your bump, Severus looked into your eyes, «how are you feeling? Do you need anything?». He moved one of his hands to brush a strand of hair away from your face, before carefully returning it to your tummy in hopes of another kick.

Rolling your eyes at his concern, you gave him another smile, «don't you think about me today. It's your day».

«Nonsense», he hissed unexpectedly, «you're pregnant. That's more important».

«I am alright, Sev», you whispered and placed a kiss on his nose, «although I do very much look forward to getting him out of there. His kicking is getting quite strong».

Severus' gaze dipped down once more, and then he furrowed his eyebrows, «does it hurt you? Is that normal?»

«It's normal», you whispered and placed your hands on his cheeks, tilting his face up towards you, «he is just active, and that's much better than no activity at all. As long as he does not kick at my bladder too much, I'll be fine».

Severus hummed in understanding and snaked his arms around you, pulling you in for a hug, «if anything happens to you-»

«Then it would not be your fault», you interrupted him, knowing he would've taken the blame, «we have talked about this».

«I wouldn't survive it», he painfully admitted, his voice husky with dread. He then placed a kiss on top of your head.

«You would simply have to», you whispered back as you rested your head on his shoulder, «Scarlet would've needed you even more».

Severus stayed silent for a moment, «I must speak to Poppy about any birth complications that could-»

You sat up straight quickly and glared at the man whose lap you were currently sat on, «Severus, please stop worrying».

A frustrated snarl came from the man and you just kept glaring at him till he sighed, «fine», he murmured, «I will not speak to her — but I will continue to worry about you till the day I die».

«He will be here soon, and it'll be all right», you tried to reassure him, despite being extremely anxious about going through another birth.

«That also scares me, Y/N», Severus said as he took your hands in his, «he will be here soon. What if I-»

«Stop», you interrupted him, «you are a great father, and don't let anyone else tell you any differently. He will be lucky to have you as his dad».

Severus looked into your eyes and down at your hands, and as he swallowed nervously he looked back up at you — slightly teary eyed. «I did nothing to deserve you», he drawled.

«Severus, for all the times you have tried to do better, and be better, after having been broken, manipulated and taken advantage of... I think you do deserve it. I know so. It takes courage to be the gentle man I know you are, even after all this time, after all you have been through», you said and kissed his hands, «no one has loved me the way you do. And I will happily share that love with my children. Our children».

The man cleared his throat and began to speak but his voice hitched. You smiled and embraced him in another hug, «and to think I'm the pregnant and hormonal one», you chuckled.

In return Severus huffed and dried his eyes, refusing to acknowledge the truth in your words at that moment.

-

A month and a few days later.

«I don't think it's true», Severus said and put his research papers into the drawer on his desk.

You sighed, «but I heard-»

«There is still another couple of weeks left till your due date, darling. Be patient», the man had the audacity to add as he turned to look at you.

Your face turned hot with anger as your hormones intensified your feelings. «Patient? I am as large as the trolley at the Hogwarts Express, Severus! I can't tie my own shoes or bend down to pick up Scarlet anymore. You don't know what that feels like! My legs and hands are swollen, and have you seen my lips? They're like twice their size. I was never this big when I was pregnant with Scarlet. I can't even see my vagina anymore», you seethed and clenched your fists, beginning to feel a little dizzy.

Severus looked surprised by your outburst, but had become quite used to the ups and downs of your mood lately.

You watched as his eyes dipped and took in the sight of your body, «I think you look rather lovely», Severus drawled and held out his hand for you. As you took it he pulled you into his embrace and let out a sigh, «I admire your strength. You're nearly there».

Focusing on your breathing and the sound of his beating heart, you managed to calm a little. «But what if it works? Two more weeks is just.. a lot», you murmured against his shirt, «and last time I felt-»

«Braxton-hicks», he pointed out, «what you felt was false labour contractions, darling. It's normal to feel such things after...».

You pulled away from him, «you said you wouldn't talk to Poppy, you big idiot».

Severus sighed and pulled you back in, «knowledge calms me. I just want to do this right».

«So was Poppy the one to tell you not to have sex with me?», you asked in a childish snarl, making the man chuckle lightly by the sound of it.

«She did not», he pointed out and then paused for a moment, «I have never said I don't want to have sex with you».

You pulled away from his chest once more and glared up at him, «then why won't you just let me try to see if it works? There was a girl at Rosemary's home that said it did».

«I merely said I don't think it's true, especially not when your body isn't ready yet», he explained himself.

«Fine», you growled in annoyance and turned to walk away from the man.

But Severus grabbed your hand again, making you stop. «I have a meeting very soon, with the representative from Numengard», he began and watched your face fall at the reminder of a certain someone, «it's not her».

Alva Anderson, the bitch-

«You're very loud, darling», Severus drawled and pulled you closer, «I'd almost forgotten what the jealous version of you looked like».

«Oh shut it», you whispered and sighed, «when is the meeting?»

«In an hour», Severus replied as he rubbed his thumb over the skin of your hand, «if we're quick then-»

«Yes», you cut him off with a grin. The annoyance and anger from before washed away, almost as if those feelings never had been present.

-

In the bedroom only a few seconds later, Severus had helped you undress as you sat on the edge of the bed.

«I'm sorry that the energy is different», you murmured, «I'm slow and I look-»

The cold stare of his dark onyx eyes interrupted you mid-sentence as he was kneeled in front of you. «No», Severus simply said, «stop apologising».

«But I-»

He cleared his throat and rose to his feet. His tall figure loomed over you. «None of that», he drawled and began unbuckling his belt, «tell me how you'd like this to go».

For a moment you felt confused, «how I'd like this to go?»

Severus dropped the belt to the floor. It had been a while since he'd used it on you. It had been a while since you had been intimate at all. Perhaps that had something to do with your outburst as well.

«Do you want me to be gentle?», he asked and grabbed your chin, keeping your face in place as he whispered, «or do you need me to fuck you like a whore?»

Shivers ricocheted down your spine, raising goosebumps across your skin. Heat flowed to the pit of your stomach and to your cheeks, painting them red as a rose.

The dominant side of Severus had been missing for months. He had been so overprotective and caring, and you knew better than to complain about it. He had been like any woman's dream man, taking care of you whenever he could — making sure you had everything you needed and that you were comfortable. A loving side you knew anyone would deny the existence of. Not THE Severus Snape... never.

But yes, he had been amazing.

«Answer me», he said, his voice dark and hoarse enough to send tingles straight to the sweet spot between your legs.

«Whore», you whispered, feeling slightly ashamed just saying it. Whore wasn't something you would ever accept being called — unless it came from him and in bed.

His parted lips and determined eyes made him look so demanding, so concentrated and in control. You swallowed nervously.

The nervousness was new to you. Needless to say, you were a lot less confident pregnant.

«I would have had you on your knees for me», Severus said slowly as his grip on your chin tightened, «and I would've enjoyed seeing you swallow my cum before I'd fuck you», he continued but let go of you. Crossing his arms he motioned for you to get up, «but there is not enough time».

«What do you want me to-», you tried to ask, but Severus furrowed his eyebrows as he watched your awkward posture. You covered your naked body with your arms shyly, moving them about in a way to cover the parts you weren't confident in anymore.

«Darling», he spoke, «are you uncomfortable?»

Your eyes widened, «noo, no».

Severus took your hand silently and guided you to the other side of the bed, where he lifted the duvet and motioned for you to get under it. Reluctantly you did as he wanted, and soon after he joined you once his clothing magically disappeared — only to fold nicely on the dresser in the corner.

«Let me hold you for a moment», Severus said and helped you turn over so your back was pressed against his front. And with his arm wrapped around your belly, he started drawing little circles against your soft skin. «You know I know when you lie», he finally said.

Closing your eyes you sighed, «it's just... I'm different. And you haven't exactly wanted this».

Severus placed a kiss at the back of your head. «That's not true», he whispered, «neither is. You're the same, only so much more special to me. And you have been tired and exhausted, I simply didn't want to pressure you».

«Oh», you breathed.

«But I realise I.. should have talked to you», he added and pulled you in tighter.

«No», you protested quietly, «you have done everything right. You have been amazing. I'm just overreacting. You know, hormones».

Severus' fingertips had reach your breasts. They'd grown fuller with the pregnancy, and the way he cupped one and fondled it gently made your lips curl in satisfaction. A validating move.

«I suppose I should thank you for saying that, but I know I could have...», he paused and breathed heavier for a moment, «been more attentive in a different way».

Then something hard poked against your bum and you felt like melting into the mattress right away.

«You've always managed to make me feel like this, Y/N», he whispered into your ear before leaving a trail of kisses behind it. He then pressed his middle against you harder, letting out a low moan as he did so.

«Severus», you breathed as your heart palpitated.

He let out a sensual groan in response and kissed your neck. His hardened cock now resting by the swell of your ass.

«Severus», you said again, louder this time. A satisfied smile played at his lips. But when you said his name again, his lips returned to your ear.

«What?»

«I'm wet», you pointed out.

A low and confident chuckle came from his lips as his hand started going lower, but you grabbed it quickly.

«No», you breathed, feeling paralysed, «no, like I'm really wet Severus. I think-»

It took him a minute, but the man shot up and pulled the duvet away, uncovering both of your naked bodies. You sat up too and stared at the small pool of wetness in front of you.

«I'm sorry, yes, you do make me wet Severus, but this-»

«You water broke», he pointed out as his heart too began hammering. The moment he had been preparing for had come, and despite his very diligent nature — he suddenly felt totally out of control, and increasingly helpless.

«I think we have to go», you whispered and swallowed nervously as you rushed your fingers through your hair.

Severus froze. His cock was still standing, harder than ever and he couldn't for the life of him understand why the panic didn't cause it to go away.

You peered at him, «Severus?»

«Oh fuck», he mumbled and went to get out of the bed, but stumbled to his knees, letting out another line of profanities. And when he stood, you were nearly face to face with his heated member.

«Really?», you exclaimed, the panic beginning to rush adrenaline through you.

Severus looked down and growled in frustration, «if you ever doubted yourself I hope this moment makes you feel better», he hissed and realised he had to start packing.

Staring at the dark haired wizard rushing around, naked nonetheless, made you bite your bottom lip in a smile. «Oh lord», you whispered and got up from the bed too, feeling surprisingly good despite the obvious. However, the worst feeling then was regret.

Should've packed sooner!

«We have to notify Poppy», Severus exclaimed as he finally found his wand, opting for a magical packing instead of the stressful one where he would end up with nothing but mismatched socks and an oversized shirt.

«Not until we're dressed», you protested, trying to pick up your underwear from the floor. He noticed your attempt and came rushing to your side with a towel to dry you first. «Someone else is going to have to look after Scarlet. Minnie, perhaps?», you asked.

«I will notify her too.. There's two weeks left», Severus said as he kneeled in front of you, still naked and cock painfully stiff.

You raised an eyebrow, «what's going on?»

«You're going into labour early, darling», he said and looked up at you, his eyes filled with excitement and nervousness.

You chuckled, «yes, but no, you're still hard as a rock».

Severus stopped drying your thighs and cleared his throat, «oh, I don't know...».

«Stubborn?», you asked, masking another smile with your hands.

«Doesn't matter, we have to go», he put the towel away and held out your underwear for you to step into. And so you did.

«So you plan to show up like this? What about your meeting?», you asked.

«I'll notify them as well... and it'll go away, stop talking about it», Severus hissed and got to his feet. He then rushed to the dresser and began putting his clothes on.

«Fine», you murmured and pulled out a comfortable set of sweats from the wardrobe, «would you, please?», you asked and went over to give him the trousers for him to help you with.

Severus groaned as he tried to push his erection down into his boxers in order to zip up his slacks, «for the love of...», he hissed.

«Let's just.. take a moment», you suggested and shrugged your shoulders, «I'm feeling fine».

He glared at you then, as if what you had said was the equivalent of mistaking Amortentia for Felix Felicis.

«I will not risk your wellbeing for a mere erection», Severus growled and zipped up his slacks with a painful grunt, «Merlin».

«Well you're not walking out of here like that, so either you let me fix it, wait calmly or.. I don't know, magic it away», you suggested, feeling frustrated by then.

Severus let out a groan just by the thought of the pain he'd had the following night after having forced an erection away by magic in the past.

«So, what'll it be?», you asked and handed him your sweats. Immediately he crouched down to hold them out for you, letting you slip your legs into them.

Clenching his teeth he closed his eyes and tried to think of something else than your naked body. But every single thought led back to the moment you were in — which all linked to you, his love for you and the sight of your pregnant body in all its glory. The fact he hadn't been inside you in a while didn't exactly help.

«My mind cannot calm», he drawled through gritted teeth. The defeat in his voice reached so deep, as Severus Snape always had pridef himself with the power he had with a calm and focused mind. «I'll cover it», he added.

Pulling your crewneck over your head you let out another laugh, «that's very optimistic of you, Severus. There's no hiding that».

«What are you insinuating?», he asked, completely cold, his face showing nothing but dismay.

You quirked an unimpressed brow, «you know what I mean, Severus».

His lips curled slightly upward then as the arrogance seeped through his otherwise cold exterior.

«You just wanted me to say it out loud», you said and crossed your arms over your bump in protest. Severus kept his eyes locked on you, but stayed quiet, awaiting the words he'd wanted to hear. You knew he hadn't meant to appear seductive, but his look was heart-turning to say the least. Which was enough for you to bend to his will. «Fine», you whispered, «your cock is too big to hide».

His lips curled again, but the second he felt himself twitch, obviously turned on by that, he knew it was only getting worse. His smile faded and he let out a sigh.

«Right. Now we're just making it worse», you said and cleared your throat, attempting to shake away the need you'd been possessed with, «I'll just wait in the sitting room and you'll let me know when you're ready».

Severus let you go, and about four minutes later he appeared by the door. You sat in the sofa, holding your bag, tapping your foot against the floor, stressfully biting your finger nail as you waited.

«Y/N», his deep voice startled you, «are you feeling alright?»

«Yes», you said, and it wasn't a lie. Despite your water having broken, nothing felt any different.

He looked down at his hands and leaned against the doorframe, looking defeated. «It won't..», he paused and looked up to meet your eyes, «I'll use magic. Are you alright to wait another minute?»

Walking towards him, you tried not to laugh at his situation. «I'm really okay», you said, hoping to reassure him. You did truly feel alright. «Let me help», you said and held out your hand for him to grab, «come».

Severus clenched his jaw, «I'd rather take that pain instead of risking-»

«A girl at the home got her baby 20 hours after her water broke», you told him as you pulled him towards the sofa, «another took even longer. We are okay for a few minutes».

You sat down carefully and made him stop in front of you. The sight of his tight bulge perfectly outlining his cock made you feel all kinds of things.

«This is mad», he muttered as he watched you unzip him, «are you sure?»

You nodded quickly and gave him a smile, «yes, a hundred percent. Let me do this».

His breathing intensified the moment you let his erection free. «At the most inconvenient time», he muttered to himself, frustrated and annoyed.

«Don't make me laugh», you whispered, making him even more annoyed. The second you grabbed around his hardened shaft, his hand went into your hair, and as he tightened his grip around it he pressed you towards him.

«Then suck», he growled.

Goosebumps.

«Yes», you breathed and took him into your mouth. Gazing up at him through your thick eyelashes.

Severus clenched his jaw and pressed you down, sending his cock further down your throat. The concern for your wellbeing was still there, however, he was losing his wits to his lust. The pressing situation also heightened all senses, with adrenaline pumping and the excitement not calming.

«Fuck», he groaned as you curled your tongue around him and bobbed your head up and down. Grabbing the back of his thigh you clenched your fingers around him, making him hiss. «You're having a baby, and instead of going to the hospital wing — you're sucking me off», he said in a low and dangerous tone, «and I'm letting you».

Pulling away, letting his cock slip from your lips, «stop talking. You're talking a lot today».

«I'm stressed», he hissed, «open».

And as you opened your mouth again he forced himself down your throat, cursing as he struggled to keep focused.

Despite taking his length deeper, your lips nearly kissing his pelvis, you realised the man needed even more help.

So you decided to try distract him by sending memories to his mind.

Remember when...

And then the first time you gave yourself to him played in his mind, from your point of view, resulting in calming his blood pressure, but increasing his high.

A moan escaped your lips as the anticipation and your arousal overpowered you. «Please», you begged once more as you opened your eyes to look into his.

He didn't need more convincing as he stood up on his knees. With your legs already wrapped around his waist he grabbed your hips to pull you closer. With a hand on his cock he guided it to your entrance. You tried to look down, wanting to watch him do it. But feeling overwhelmed you leaned down and pushed the back of your head into the mattress, «please», you whispered impatiently. Then you felt his tip enter you, the thickness of his cock stretching your walls. Moaning loudly you quickly flung your hand over your mouth. As he kept entering you, you closed your eyes shut and let your body adjust to his size. Once he was in you let your hand go and remembered you were supposed to breathe. «Are you okay?», he whispered, and you nodded your head frantically, wanting nothing but him to pull out and push right in again.

«Fuck me, Professor», you whined.

The mental image, mixed with the feeling of your lips wrapped around him, had Severus' legs shaking till he unexpectedly released into your mouth, letting out a loud and relieved groan. «Oh, yes», he hissed through gritted teeth.

You swallowed around him, making shivers go down his back.

When his member left your mouth with a soft pop, Severus let out a sigh and ran his fingers over his face.

«I didn't expect that», he drawled.

«Well, it worked», you smiled and watched as he finally managed to zip his slacks without a problem.

«Makes me feel... dreadful, though», Severus admitted, «how much that situation turned me on, when it shouldn't have happened in the first place».

You frowned slightly and pointed to your stomach, «I'm literally having your second child and you're having regrets?»

Severus pulled you to your feet and stared at you for a hot second, «not at all. I never did. That's what horrified me», he spoke slowly, «never doubt my love for you».

«I love you too», you pulled him down for a kiss by the lining of his shirt.

«We really have to go», he reminded you.

-

Hospital Wing, 10 hours later.

«Shut up», you growled and sent Severus the deadliest of glares as he had stood discussing the details of the birth with Poppy. «Just shut up», you growled once more.

Never in his grown up life had he let anyone say such things to his face without consequences. But there you were, laying in the hospital bed, suffering painful contractions about 10 minutes apart, about to birth his son.

Severus looked at Poppy who just gave him a smile and a supportive hand on his shoulder before she returned to your side.

«You're doing well Y/N. Let me check your cervix again», she said in the softest and most comforting tone you'd ever heard the woman use.

Never had a child been born at Hogwarts, and neither Poppy nor Severus had wanted it any other way. You were in great hands, with the most powerful wizards and witches around you, after all.

With your legs propped up and parted, the matron managed to check whether you'd dilated further. «Nearly there, Y/N», she stated happily, «it seems your boy will be here very soon».

Severus' eyes had been glistening the whole time you were there. A mix of happiness and fear clouded them. And when you squeezed his hand during your contractions, they threatened to water further and possibly even shed a tear or two — not because it hurt his hand but because he did not like to watch your pain. He felt useless.

«Let me get her a potion to relieve the pain, I should have-»

«No», you growled, cutting the man off, «you're not going anywhere».

Poppy looked at you and then at Severus, «she is right. You don't want to miss the birth of your son. She is almost fully dilated, and once the contractions are closer apart she can begin to push. I will get her something», she explained and left the room.

«I'm tired», you complained and wiped sweat off of your forehead, «let's just go home. I don't want to do this anymore».

Severus grabbed a chair and seated himself as close to your bed as possible, taking your hand in his, «you heard her, he is going to be here very soon and then it'll be over. You can do it», he attempted to reassure you, despite being terrified for the rest to come.

«They say boys are bigger, Severus. I am bigger. What if I tear?», you whispered, your voice hitching in your throat as all you wanted to do was to cry.

Severus furrowed his eyebrows at the thought, but rubbed his thumb over the skin of your hand, «even if you do then we have the means to help and heal you. You're safe».

Your eyes got blurry with tears as you attempted a smile, «he will be here soon. I can't wait for Scarlet to meet him. Do you think they'll look the same?», you asked, but before Severus got the time to reply he felt you begin to clench his hand.

«Breathe», he reminded you as another contraction began.

And as your whine developed into a scream, Severus' left eye twitched slightly as his hand turned to mush in yours — and he tried with all his might not to apparate to his office for a pain reliever.

«SEVERUS», you screamed as if he was the one causing you pain, «I DON'T WANT THIS».

The man looked to the matron's storage with panic and desperation, hoping she would emerge soon with a potion or two.

«Just breathe, this will be fine-»

«FINE? THAT'S EASY FOR YOU TO SAY», you shrieked as your breath turned ragged.

It seemed that nothing could have prepared Severus for this moment, despite how much he had tried.

«Darling, you-»

«DON'T TALK», you hissed as you tried to steady your breathing as the contraction calmed, «just get this baby out of me, Severus!»

He stood to his feet, but kept holding your hand, not because he felt like he should but because he simply was unable to let go by your strong grip.

«Poppy», he exclaimed, his voice deep but loud. He was getting stressed and impatient. But she didn't reply nor did she return. So he sat back down and looked at your saddened face, «she must be looking still», he muttered and cursed the woman for not being more prepared.

You closed your eyes and waited for the contraction to let go.

«I can't do this», you whimpered and let go of him to brush your hair away from your face, «I just can't anymore».

«It's not long now, you're doing great», Severus tried to comfort you, slightly worried you'd snap once more. But you didn't.

Instead you looked at the man and recognised the fear in his eyes, «I love you, Severus», you whispered and swallowed down a cry, «thank you».

The man blinked a couple of times and for the first time since you'd arrived at the hospital wing he gave you a smile, «I love you too», he replied.

Poppy returned then, carrying a few vials in her hand. «I apologise for it taking so long», she said as she rushed to your side, «let me help you now».

And by the magic of the potions, your lower half of your body felt numb, at least the part where the muscles in your uterus worked to tighten up like a fist and subsequently hurt you. The pain went by unnoticed, and you couldn't be more relieved.

And so you were able to just lay there and breathe, drink some water and relax for an hour or so.

«I want a nap», you whispered and looked over at Severus with droopy eyelids and a lazy smile, «you're so cute», you added. Severus glanced at Poppy, hoping she hadn't heard you — he would never live it down if it got out that you found him cute.

«You can have a nap later, darling. You're nearly there», he replied, still glancing at Poppy for a reaction, and when he noticed the faintest smile curving at her lips he let out a defeated sigh.

«He is right», Poppy said, «we should prepare for pushing now».

You groaned in frustration, «but I'm so relaxed, why would you want to interrupt my relaxed state by having me push this baby out?»

«He cannot stay in there Y/N», Poppy pointed out and smiled, «don't you want to see him?»

«But I'm so tired», you complained and wanted to sob, but Severus gave your hand a comforting squeeze.

«You can rest soon, darling», he said slowly, «just a little more. I know you can do it».

Smiling at him, you suddenly turned serious, lifting a finger and pointing at his face, «next time you shall be the pregnant one».

He didn't flinch, but gave Poppy a side-eye as she let out a small giggle. Once she noticed, however, she stopped, knowing better than to annoy him further.

«That's not possible-»

«I don't care, I'm not doing this again», you growled and looked to Poppy, «well?»

The matron went ahead to check the dilation of your cervix, confirming that you were finally fully dilated. And so she went on to get everything she needed to deliver the baby safely.

«Now, dad, it's important you support-»

Severus groaned, interrupting the matron, «I am», he said, «mind your own task and deliver this baby».

«Don't be rude», you hissed at him and slapped his hand, much to his surprise. But the man avoided hissing back at you, and instead he opted to mutter a few words to himself under his breath.

Poppy removed the blanket you'd had, leaving you only in the hospital gown they'd dressed you in when you arrived.

«When I count to three, you should try to push Y/N. But it's very important that you don't forget to breathe, okay?», Poppy asked as she seated herself in front of you.

«Okay», you whimpered and grabbed Severus' hand, «don't let go».

«I won't», he drawled as his heartrate began increasing.

This was it.

For a moment, as he dragged his gaze over your body and to the hand he was holding, he felt his heart drop. Who had been there to hold your hand last time? He was beginning to feel sick at the thought. Guilty for not having been there. But as the matron had counted to three and he felt you squeeze his hand, delivering the first push, he was brought back to the present.

«Great Y/N», Poppy praised you for your work, «now do one more», she added.

Your face was turning red and the feeling of needing to poop was overwhelming. But you recognised the feeling from last time.

Not long now.

Severus' eyes darted between the matron and you. Not much could ever compare to this extraordinay experience. Nothing else had ever felt so out of this world.

«You're amazing», he whispered to you as you pushed again, letting out a growl and some rushed breathing.

«Please, I can't», you begged, «I'm so tired».

Poppy could see the top of the baby's head and felt positive it wasn't long till the boy would be out, «just one more Y/N, you can do it», she cheered you on, «I can see him».

And so Severus clasped his other hand around yours, «come on», he said, «just one more».

You looked up at the man standing by your side, «for you», you whispered, then took a deep breath and pushed once more.

Poppy had the boy's head in her hands, her heart palpitating, «amazing! Now I just need one more from you, Y/N. Please push!»

«One more?», you whined, «YOU LIAAAR», you growled as you did as told, this time pulling at Severus'd hand so he nearly fell on top of you, caught off guard by your sudden movement.

And then there it was.

The baby's cry.

Severus' eyes immediately watered, and he finally exhaled, not having realised he had been holding his breath.

«Congratulations», Poppy exclaimed as she looked at the baby before placing him on your chest, «it's a boy alright!»

Your tears started streaming down your warm red cheeks as you peered down at the crying baby on your chest. Severus froze next to you, feeling overwhelmed and relieved at the same time.

«Hello baby», you whispered and sobbed, «you're so cute».

«Severus?», Poppy asked, holding a pair of scissors, «would you like to do the honours?»

He gazed at the matron and wondered what she wanted him to do with a pair of scissors in the middle of the most amazing experience of his life.
«Hm?», he mused.

«Cut the umbilical cord, come on now», she ordered him around, and showed him what to do.

And once he'd cut it, he felt strange and warm, looking down at your happy face as you examined every limb and part of the baby to make sure he was alright.

«Look», you said and looked up at Severus with teary eyes, «he looks so much like Scarlet».

«He does», he drawled and returned to your side. The words had come out, but he was unsure whether he'd spoken the truth. In all honesty he felt the newborn looked kind of squishy and different, but knew he couldn't expect much else after the ordeal the baby had just been through.

-

A couple of hours later, a few stitches, a nap and some freshening up of both you and the baby, you'd invited Scarlet and the others to come say hello.

Severus had fallen asleep sitting in the chair next to you, and you'd not had the heart to wake him up.

But the second the doors opened and the sound of little feet running in your direction filled the room, he woke abruptly.

«Mama! Dada!», Scarlet squealed. She had Minerva at her heels, who tried to catch the little girl and shush her at the same time.

«Not so loud», Minerva said.

«Scar», you grinned and held out your arms for the little girl to run into. And so you lifted her up and sat her on the side of the bed, giving her a hug.

Behind Minerva walked Albus, who gave Severus a smile as they nodded in acknowledgement to each other. «Congratulations», Albus mused and looked to the open crib next to your bed, «a boy?»

«Yes», you replied and offered the headmaster and the deputy headmistress a welcoming smile, «Severin».

«Beautiful name», Minerva said and walked over to Severus who rose to his feet quickly. And although he seemed rather confused, he let her give him a hug. «Congratulations Severus», she said, holding back her sobs.

«Thank you», he murmured and looked to you, «she did an exceptional job».

Then Poppy came to help put the little boy into your arms, letting Scarlet meet her little brother.

«Here he is, your brother», you said in a soft voice and grinned at the little girl.

Scarlet scrunched her nose and gazed at the baby with big dark eyes. «Baby's sleeping», she pointed out and looked up at her dad, «Scar big sister, dada!»

He smiled and felt his heart grow warm. And then he couldn't hold it any longer.

Minerva, Albus and Poppy were all surprised to see the man suddenly sob.

«Go sit with them», Minnie whispered and elbowed the man whose tears now flowed down his cheeks.

Poppy placed the chair close to the bed, and Severus sat down, pulling Scarlet into his lap. «I love you», he whispered into her little ear, and she turned to smile at him and wiped his face.

«You stop crying, dada», she whispered, «I here».

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.6K 950 18
Lily McCall was once a good girl, a real angel as some said. But this little angel always had a growing devil inside her. She was the perfect child...
127K 5K 91
*last updated 12/28/2023* Its your sixth year at Beauxbatons, but your mother has just informed you that your parents are getting divorced and you w...
123K 3.6K 29
ᴛᴇ'ʀᴀɴɪ ɪꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛꜱᴀʜɪᴋ'ꜱ ꜱɪꜱᴛᴇʀ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴇᴛᴋᴀʏɪɴᴀ ᴄʟᴀɴ ꜱʜᴇ ʟɪᴠᴇꜱ ᴀ Qᴜɪᴇᴛ ʟɪꜰᴇ ɪɴ ᴀᴡᴀ'ᴀᴛʟᴜ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ ᴏꜰ ꜰᴏʀᴇꜱᴛ ɴᴀ'ᴠɪ ᴀʀʀɪᴠᴇ ꜱᴇᴋɪɴɢ ʀᴇꜰᴜɢᴇ. ꜱʜ...
235K 5.8K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...