Mess of a life [remake]

By Blxnkvic

One day, a portal appears and he got out of the hell. He doesn't know how he got out. He's in a city and a dr... More

Chapter One: Awakening
Chapter Two: Job hunting
Chapter Three: Old friends
Chapter Four: Help & Thoughts
Chapter Five: Harsh
Chapter Six: Memories
Chapter Seven: Chill Day
Chapter Eight: Wannabes
Chapter Nine: Ideals
Chapter 10: Changes
Chapter Twelve: The snow
Chapter Thirteen: Destined
Chapter Fourteen: Water Pt. 1
Chapter Fifteen: Water Pt. 2
Chapter 16: The lies
Chapter Seventeen: Is this the truth?
Chapter Eighteen: Father Pt. 1
Chapter Nineteen: Terms Pt.2
Chapter Twenty: Enter Earth

Chapter Eleven: Quiet

4 1 0
By Blxnkvic

Jay and Rose were walking around the city as usual, though it was raining. People walking by had their hoods up or holding their umbrellas. Jay wanted to go to the supermarket to buy some food as he was hungry, Rose on the other hand was on look out. This annoyed the demon. He wasn't sure if he should ask her why she's on edge or ignore it, but seeing her jump around just bugged him and it wouldn't hurt to ask.

People walking by were eyeing her as if she was weird or something. Rose is a weirdo, she can be one from time to time with her stupid weird ideas and weird outbursts of violence. Did she act this way around him or other people? This question is never gonna be answered. That was the feeling Jay got. Also due to the fact that he never wants to ask the said question but jumping around isn't gonna stop until the question is asked so why not.

"Rose, why are you acting like there's an assassin sent after you? And if there is... I'm not surprised". He said. The small demon turned around and rolled her eyes.

"Well, I visited my job because... Yami died and my master, the one who's in charge, kinda like a boss. He thinks I'm harboring a criminal...". She started.

"And?". He asked slowly, getting impatient.

"That criminal could possibly be you... but you haven't been uploaded into the databases". She spoke. Jay let out a heavy sigh.

"What else could get worse,". He muttered. First he should be on the lookout for that guy that nearly killed him. Was it Alakai? Who knows. Now it's a potential assassin who's possibly after the two of them? Everyday was surprise after surprise for him,Not that he didn't care but that's what it is. Maybe staying in hell was a good decision in the first place.

"Hey, how about we don't let this ruin this quiet day?". Rose suggested a way to get Jay out of his deep thoughts and which he thought about this. Honestly, it sounded like a good idea but where would the two go? Rose was the one suggesting. Should he be the one suggesting? So many questions today, huh. It was a rainy day so it'd just bring mud if the two demons went hiking.

"I got no ideas, alright. It's a rainy day". He said.

"How about the mall? INDOOR SHOPPING!!". She shouted and the eyes of people passing by looked at her weird again. Jay facepalmed. She really loves to bring attention to herself huh. She grabbed his arm and dragged him to whatever bus stop was close by. Sometimes it was fine to amuse Rose as she's kinda like a child, highly wild and jumping around the place. She even runs away. Like a child running from their parents who are chasing after them in the store. It was fine to humor her at times but not too much.

Jay sat down on the dirty bench, he didn't really like it but he didn't wanna stand all day for an hour waiting for the bus to show. He was sure to wipe the dirt off his pants. He looked down at his outfit, he needed more clothes, these were sure to stink which meant another shower. Rose would call him a clean freak or a germaphobe. Both didn't matter as long as he didn't smell bad. The waiting game sucked, he was about to fall asleep and he did.

Darkness was everywhere when Jay awoke, he was floating and looked around. "Was I in this place before?". He thought but he couldn't remember. Is he gonna float here forever? He was about to get impatient. Jay could feel like something was in here with him, he had a feeling what it was. Couldn't put a finger on it and might as well lay here and wait for it to attack him. All Jay could see was red eyes staring at him in the holes of the outskirts.

There was clearly something in the outskirts of this black void running around, should he face it head on? That was the debate in his head right now. It was watching him, like it was observing him. Why, though? Nothing interesting about someone just laying in the black space. This felt peaceful though, even though the red eyes were watching him. Floating just felt kinda right, like he could fall asleep. Was he already sleeping? He shrugged and looked up, still the same black nothing.

Something suddenly stopped running around in the outskirts and decided to jump at Jay through one of the entrances. It caught him off guard. Should he defend himself or let himself get defeated. There was no time as it was getting closer and as a reflex, a sword appeared in his hand and he quickly slashed the monster and dodged. It missed. Taking a good look at it now... It looked like a giant caterpillar or centipede with eyes on both sides, 20 of them. Red and glaring at the demon. A beak where the mouth. Spikes on its back which looked to be covered in red electricity. He never saw this before. This was new.

"Is this what you're doing with the power I gave you? Is this how you're weidling it?". It asked. Jay's eyes widened. That voice! It sounds so familiar.

"Who are you?!". He shouted.

"You don't remember the person who gave you these abilities?". It asked while laughing. It's heads facing up as it laughed.

"Ren,". Jay said in a cold manner.

"Well, not really. You see parts of me are still scattered and well... This monster is one of your demon manifestations as you're half demon". It explained.

"Then why are you here?". He asked.

"Can I not check in on you? You sure caused a stir huh?". It laughed more. This was annoying Jay.

"You can never get straight to the point,". He lunged at the monster grabbing onto its eye. "HUH?!". A knife appeared in his right hand and he stabbed it. A big screech was heard, a maroon liquid was coming out of its eye. Probably the blood or eye juice, that's what Rose called it. Jay backed away as much as he could. The monster looked at him, readying its attack. It lunged at him.

...

"Jay!". A voice yelled as it was shaking him awake. Jay groaned. It took him a minute to fully awake to see Rose shaking him.

"I'm awake! I'm awake. What do you want!". He said.

"The bus is coming!". She pointed to the bus which was approaching, the destinations it was going to were changing every 1 minute. People got up or started piling, trying to get a seat in. Rose joined the small crowd as Jay slowly got up. He was a little shaken up but he brushed it off. "It wasn't a big deal,". He commented as he joined the small demon who was already in the small group. The approaching bus pulled up onto the sidewalk where the bus riders were standing and opened its doors. Everyone walked in, paid and looked for an available seat. One by one until it was Rose and Jay's turn, she paid for the demon and walked to the back of the bus to grab a seat. The small demon stole the window seat.

Minutes passed, Rose was watching the world go by while Jay was spacing out. All he could think of at the moment was that monster who apparently is his demon manifestation. He tried to brush it off as much as he could. It was no use. He let out a big sigh. Why was this happening now out of all things. His eyes scanned the inside of the bus, it wasn't packed but it was getting there as the bus reached more stops. He still felt tired even though he didn't want to fall asleep. That caterpillar spooked him a bit or maybe a lot. It was hard to tell. Well could he even open up about it. Jay opened up to Rose a little that one time where he had to fight Robby the Ogre. Is that his name, it's a loss of memory. It was just a blur to him. The need to fall asleep was getting worse and Jay's eyes were getting heavier. It was pointless to fight it, at this point might as well sleep win. His eyes closed.

...

Floating in the darkness again, with the exits to the outskirts. The red eyes of the caterpillar weren't there. Not surprising really. Jay just stayed there, not moving or even bothering to even move around in curiosity. Thoughts were running through his brain, they were more of "what ifs" then "should I?". His eyes fixated above him where there was nothing. Just nothing surrounding the demon. Nothing. Emptiness. As peaceful as it was, he didn't like what he was feeling or well he still wasn't sure.

What he was sure of is the feeling of something bad is gonna happen. He let out a sigh. It's very calming. For once a dream didn't turn into a bad nightmare. The short feeling of a non nightmare dream slowly faded as the red eyes of the caterpillar were running around the outskirts, its eyes fixated on the floating demon. It circled around him. It made a hissing noise every 5 seconds. It made itself really known.

"You have grown,". It said. "I'm surprised you haven't freaked out". Its laughter echoed.

"I did freak out over a demon child,". He responded.

"Classic,". The laughter echoed again. Caterpillar still wandered around the outskirts. It was hard to tell if the monster was gonna do anything yet, he didn't wanna wait around and get attacked by it. Laying in space didn't seem so bad at all, maybe it would've been better if Jay wasn't surrounded by darkness and something more lively. He thought so hard of lively surroundings but it was no use. He was sure that the monster caterpillar had a heavy influence on this place whatever it is.

"How long are you gonna wait this out?". It asked.

"I don't know, until I wake up I guess". He answered and closed his eyes. Waiting around for something to happen, his mind started to drift off into whatever. It felt like normalcy. No monsters, no demons, and no scary stuff. Just quiet.

...

The coldness hit his skin along. It felt familiar before. Very familiar. Jay slowly opened his eyes, he was laying on his back facing up staring at the gray skies, with snow falling hitting his face. There was a liquid touching his hand, He lifted his hand to see what it was. Blood. He felt his hand slightly shake, he quickly put it down on the cold floor. The memory was faulty. He turned on his side and curled up. Blood dripped from his clothes, it soaked into the white floor.

In the distance, there were sounds of footsteps crunching on the snow. A man was running, his black jacket which reached down to his ankles but it was ripped, some sort of liquid was dripping down his face, it looked black. The same black liquid was dripping down his mouth. One arm was on his stomach covering a wound that was stained. He looked like he was running but it was more of limping as the person had an arrow in their leg. They looked scared, panting in fear. Jay watched them in the distance. Someone else was chasing the wounded person.

They were suited up like a knight or was it a rogue, hard to tell with their face covered up. They were riding on a horse. The cold breeze hit everyone. This felt familiar. Watching this unfold, it happened before.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.2K 4.4K 120
This is a series of multiples books compiled together. Currently Book 1 is still ongoing. It starts out with the basic setting of a fantasy adventure...
53 17 11
A young man who was struggling with anger tried so much to run away from it, but unfortunately, instead of running away, he ran into it. Now that he...
36.1K 661 18
A dragon All alone in a hellish world... I wonder what this, Issei will do~
37.4K 1K 55
YN was a normal girl. Both parents alive, a younger brother who loved her and no demons harassing their village. Still she decides to become a demon...