Summoning the Cold Rivalry

By PanzerSchmuck

13th June, 1987. Tension start to easing between USSR and United States, everything was going smoothly until... More

Chapter 1, The lights&New world
Chapter 2: Contact
Chapter 3: Diplomacy
Chapter 4: New hopes
Chapter 5: Lost Civilization
Chapter 6: Surprise, Surprise
Chapter 7: Superpower
Chapter 8: Reinforcement
Chapter 9: Liberation & Downfalls
Chapter 10: Occupation
Chapter 11: Visitors
Chapter 12: Siege
Chapter 13: Looming danger
Chapter 14: Engagement
Chapter 15: The Beginning
Chapter 16: Night raid
Chapter 17: Off shores
Chapter 18: Grave Mistake
Chapter 19: Strike back
Chapter 20: Against all odds
Chapter 21: Involvement
Chapter 22: Blood rain
Chapter 23: First step
Chapter 24: Imminent demise
Chapter 25: Prophecy
Chapter 25.5: Alternative
Chapter 26: Old against new
Chapter 27: Motherland
Chapter 29: Eagle claws
Chapter 30r: Devil dogs
Chapter 31: Unexpected
Chapter 32: Ultimatum
Chapter 33: Sacred
Chapter 34: Operation Sword tip
Chapter 35: Fight of the Valkyries
Chapter 36: Political dispute
Chapter 37: That time
Chapter 38: Invincible
Chapter 39: Weakened
Chapter 40: New era
Chapter 41: Bear and Eagle
Chapter 42: Purposes
Chapter 43: New beginnings
Chapter 44: Invitation
Chapter 45: Transition
Chapter 46: World's conference
Chapter 47: Preparation
Chapter 48: Sunk with all hands
Chapter 49: Calm before the storm
Chapter 50: Great naval battle I
Chapter 51: Great naval battle II
Chapter 51.5: Expedition (Part 1)
Chapter 52: Great naval battle III
Chapter 53: Encirclement
Chapter 54: Great naval battle IV
Chapter 54.2069: Distant past
Chapter 55: Great Naval Battle Finale
Chapter 56: Perspective
Chapter 57: Desert storm
Chapter 58: Turning tide
Chapter 59: Battle for Cartalpas
Chapter 60: Desert Skirmishes
Chapter 60.5: Expedition (Part 2)

Chapter 28: Hunts

880 31 15
By PanzerSchmuck

Location: New Hilkiga, Valgrin's territories, Parpaldia empire
28th August, 1632, 10:28 AM

"Lord Valgrin! Lord Valgrin!" The messenger run up him, out of their breath.

He turn around and look at the messenger for a second before speaking.

"What is it Charles?"

"We have a special guest!"

"Who might that be?"

Charles gone silence try to get his courage up infront of such powerful figure. He maintain his composure and tell Valgrin.

"It's emperor Ludius, his carriage will arrive soon! He want you to greet him personally, lord Valgrin!"

"What!? So sudden! Fine i will go greet him. Make sure the servant treat him well" he said as he walk away.

On the road, luxurious carriage is moving through escorted by three more carriage. Surrounded by beautiful nature of eastern alps there's no wonder why Parpaldia is called 'treasure of the world'. On the sky above the convoy laid a flying spheres, their little propeller made a sound of a sewing machine. It is yet another pieces of machine they found from the ruin of the ancient one.

In a few minutes, the carriage halt it's advance infront of a mansion. Emperor Ludius step out and walk toward the door, the servant were there to greet him. They all bowed down and lead him inside, in the middle of a hallways stood one figure.

"Greeting brother" Valgrin said.

"Well it's been a while since we last met isn't it? Have you been informed about the situation in the south?"

"Yes, i do. Those so called American took over Vincent and now threaten Tenasea himself"

"That's the reason why i want to meet up with you today. You're the youngest one of all, Valgrin. Your faces is still inexperienced"

"I know that all too well"

"I have considered the use of ancient weapon, many people think the same. The problem is we don't have many of them in our arsenals, moreover they're hard to operate but on the strategic location of yours. We could make it to uses"

"Strategic location? My territories?"

Emperor Ludius think for moment before continuing.

"Of course, your kingdom is filled with forest, hills and all sort of natural fortification. Along with that Ganzir bastion you're so proud about"

"I understand but will i fails?"

Silences fill the scene. No one replying, Ludius was the one to break the silence.

"It depends. Will you fight?"

Yet another impossible question, playing trick with one's mind. The answer is close but untouchable, many strategic staff fails to answer this question themselves.

"I would say that i will be fighting to the last man. On the other hand, i held the guts feeling telling me to turn around. The enemies this time is not normal" Valgrin finally answer.

"Precisely, they're different from those native we usually face in the east. It best to not confront them directly, take my word. Use it as your own"

Valgrin nods his head to the advices before saying goodbye to Emperor Ludius. That advice carved into his mind. Not confronting them head on, but rather use the natural walls to take advantage over surprise element. He order his army to initiate self defense act and all he had to do is wait.

Location: Lord Grimil's territory, Parpaldia empire
28th August, 1632, 8:20 AM

After the sabotage on Maraya railroad, US troops begin their advances. Through the wheat field many soldiers is walking, M16 in hand. Wind blow through. On the opposite side, in the camp of Parpaldian scouting unit, auto mobile in the camp stood majestically as the men walk around chit-chatting.

Compare to American troops, they were badly equipped as their sole purpose is for scouting. The sound of wind getting chop suddenly come around and the troops didn't knew what it was, it getting closer and closer until it's passed over their head. How something like that could fly? Many questioned. It didn't attack them whatsoever, it the Huey carrying wounded American man.

"Look, the enemie's camp is just below us"

"No, we will not drop on them. Just let the platoon deal with them alright" pilot replies.

The news about the destruction of Maraya railroad spread like wild fire across Parpaldia.. but the news about American citizen that was captured from Alaska did not reach Washington yet. It's been 5 days since Parpaldia landing on Alaskan shore and they've been driven off by the national guard, 300 innocent American was captured in the incident and has been brought to mainland of Parpaldia.

Location: Greater Esthirant, Parpaldia empire, Third Civilized Area
28th August, 1632, 11:20 AM

Petton check his room for any gear or hidden spying tools. After he done, he went for his suitcase and open it. Nothing, and then he took out a foam inside revealing Steven model 520/620. He was never comfortable without a gun near him, especially when he need to do his work in an alien world not sure if diplomatic immunity even existed here. Incase the marine arrive late on the scene he could be able to defend himself one way or another.

Unsurprisingly, he served during Korean war and 1 tours in Vietnam before he became a diplomat in 1971. His time in the army taught him one thing, 'don't trust your surroundings except yourself'.

"I didn't thought that this would be a time i need to relies on you" he mumbles as he put the foam back in and close the suitcase.

He was right about his feeling. Parpaldia 'peacekeeper' is on a hunt for him, with direct order from the first foreign affairs and of course Ludius's sibling, Remille. Beginning of an event called 'Bird hunting of Esthirant'. Petton pick up his stuff and then goes down the stair, many people greet him along the way.

"Hey, Mr.Petton? Where are you going?" One of the person ask.

"Nowhere" he replies and let out a dried laugh.

"..Alright, good luck then sir"

He come down to the receptionist and ask to change a room. Mostly because he know, if Parpaldian secret police come to him they would go for his old room unless thing did not goes as planned he would have to use the 12-guages. The receptionist even though, confused, they still complies with his request since as an emissaries he was given more chances than the commoners.

He walk to the room he was assigned and start checking the surrounding. The window lead to the outside, seeing no other escape route he start setting up a trap. He place a shelf near a window, push drawer against the door. Parpaldian 'peacekeeper' will not have an easy time with him.

The rescuing mission will start on 1st September. With the Marines, Green beret and newly trained rodenius troops. The victory is guaranteed all they could hope is that Petton can stay in hiding and not get captured first. Day turn to night, Petton pick up his steven shotgun and close the light of his room. he pushes his head against the floor and hear a couple of footsteps around along with some shouting and talking.

"Fuck! He not in that room! We wasted our time here!"

"Shut up! Don't get too loud!"

"I already asked the receptionist, he should be in this room" Sergeant said as he stop infront of particular door.

The light from the outside is blocked from their feets made Petton know that they're here. He ready his shotgun and wait for the moment.

"We got you surrounded! Step outside at once!" A shout came and the door was hit aggressively.

Ignored the warning, Petton keep his composure. Then the doorknob is smashed open with a hammer, he responds by firing a 12-guage at the door and start running through the room and push the shelf near the window down.

"Hostile! He got a gun!" A shout come from outside.

"This is Lucas, shoot the suspect on sight. I repeat, shoot the suspect on sight"

Petton look down the window, hesitate to jump. He look around a little bit to find something that could get him down safely. A line of pipe near his window is a target, he take off his suits and cover his hand with it before jumping over to the pipe. The door is busted opened the moment he jumped.

"Lay down on a ground!"

"Where the- shit! The window!"

They ran up to check on it and it was too late. Petton was gone.

"Look down there" Sergeant said as he points to a shelf that was pushed down.

"He must've use that to get down and.. run over to that corner"

"Go! Go!" He shout as his squad ran out.

Sergeant Lucas look down the window again to make sure that he's right. There's no way else he could escape, the pipe is unlikely as he burn his hand to make him fall over. He shook it off and walk out.

The same time at foriegn affairs department

This late at night and those first department still summoned him? Unacceptable! Kaios thought to himself. He supposed to get home by now if it weren't for that sudden calls, damned those at first department, such big ego. If he could punch them in the face he would do it. He stop by the door of first foreign affairs department, gritting his teeths as he open the door in.

In the room sat a 3 figures and other 20 figures, one of them spoke.

"How late, you dare call yourself a head of the 3rd department if you can't make it here in time?" The woman sitting on a chair said.

"I'm terribly sorry, ma'am.."

Taking a look at her, it can't be mistaked. The head of the 1st department and part of the royal family, Remille. And the other man next to her is an army field marshall, Arde and then a lady on the right of Remille, Director of foriegn bureau, Elt. These three are the top of elite that nobody dare to look down. While the rest are staffs of First department and second department.

"I will let passes this time. Now let's get on the topic regarding those so called 'American'" she stood up from the chair and activate a projector. A flash of screen appear on a wall.

"As you know, we captured 300 of them from a recent invasion of that land in Philade bays. Arde?"

"Yes, ma'am"

He took out a paper before continue speaking.

"The invasion was deemed as strategical failures due to the cold temperature and the native which possessed a weapon far too advance to just be a simple babaric nation. We instead, able to capture 300 of them and 50 of them is suspect to be a military personnels, I'm responsible for interrogating them but no answer slip out of their mouth no matter how harsh the method is" he paused

Everyone in the room nodded.

"Other than that 50 mens the rest of them are unexpectedly easy to get answer from. The only thing we know was, they're part of a Nation called 'United States of America'. It composed of 50 so called 'states' united under one single nation. Militaristic information about them is still unknown but judging from the recent event, they're probably the one responsible for a capture of port city Vincent and surprise attack on Tenasea's kingdom" He finished his report and sat down.

Kaios tenses up as the silence fill a room, he is the one that ordered an attack on that land. Knowing it ended in strategical failure can proved bad for his reputation and oversight army. Biggest shame they have is their defeat at invasion of Fenn. Remille take place after Arde finished.

"We finally have the exact location of their nation, which only the east of us" she said as she switched the screen to the landmasses of United States.

"The overall landmasses is considered very big for babarian nation, with the sphere of influence they set up on Rodenius and other Eastern nations. They can be on pars with civilized nation"

Whispering can be heard along the crowd. Elt raises her hand.

"What about that American diplomat we sent peacekeeper to detain him?"

Everyone look at Kaios, expecting a good answer.

"They still working on it, ma'am"

"Anyways, regarding those 50 mens. Interrogate them again if they don't cooperated, execute them. We'll send ultimatum to their leader and if they don't respond in 2 days we gonna launch an invasion on their mainland"

"Other kingdom will be able to held their own while we go around straight at their mainland"

The meeting goes on for couple of hours and it concluded that, the lives of 50 American mens is put on ever ending threads. And the start of operation collapsing stars.

(Updated and remastered world map)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.2K 883 47
The Federal Republic of Flashia had been living their day like the other day, when suddenly they found themselves under an alien skies. Reborn from...
4.8K 145 8
What if just what if Japan wasn't the only one summoned, instead a plethora of contrasting countries were tied together by the strings of fate, what...
3.1K 135 12
It's the year 1977, After the First Oil Crisis, and the US Oil Market is still recovering. Suddenly, The Contiguous US got transferred to the complet...
64.3K 1.8K 32
After World War III, humanity achieved peace and established a single nation named World Union. It's all a peaceful lifetime until 2105. The World Un...