Life is Strange

By MiaVeranika

Max Caulfield returns to her hometown of Arcadia Bay, Oregon, where she witnesses a girl being shot in a scho... More

Prologue
1. COCOON
2. REWIND TIME
3. RACHEL AMBER
4. EVERYDAY HEROES
5. A FREAK
6. A STALKER
7. BULLYING
8. STRATEGY
9. PROOF
10. PLAYING WITH DEATH
11. OUT OF TIME
12. RACHEL IN THE DARK ROOM
14. SLEEPOVER
15. SEARCH
16. THE POWER OF RACHEL AMBER
17. DESTROYING DESTINY
18. ALTERNATIVE TIMELINE
19. NEGOTIATION
20. INVESTIGATION
21. RANSACK
22. DATE WITH FRANK
23. PUZZLES
24. OLD BARN
25. JUNKYARD
26. VORTEX CLUB PARTY
27. TRAP
28. DARK ROOM
29. ESCAPE
30. CONFRONTATION
31. DISASTER
32. TACTICS
33. NIGHTMARE

13. HIDE AND SEEK

7 1 0
By MiaVeranika

WE entered the luxurious Blackwell Academy swimming pool building. I'm rarely here. I like swimming, but it's clear I'm not an athlete. And staying here too long will only make me feel paranoid.

"We're in a beaver's den!"

Chloe laughed. "Big problem. I want hot water!"

"We still have to keep it cool, okay? Even if I get suspended."

"You can own this hellhole once you know your power of retreat," Chloe said.

Chloe walked a little further down the corridor.

Chloe is excited for a "girls' night out" so I might as well go along with her evil plan.

"Boys or girls?" she asked as we were between the men's and women's changing rooms.

"Boys of course!"

"Huff, you perv." She walked away from me. "Let me check if the pool is heated."

Chloe opened the door to one of the changing rooms and walked into the pool.

I went into the boy's changing room. The room was dark, so I turned on the flashlight on my phone.

I walked towards the row of lockers. There was a locker that caught my attention. Nathan's locker. Just for fun, I just opened it. There are several bottles of sedatives, one of which is Diazepam 15mg. It's okay if Nathan is addicted to these drugs, right?

I closed the locker then walked again and found Zachery's jersey which was wet and sticky. Yuck. I will never touch it!

Beside it, there was an open locker and there was a cellphone lying there.

Zach is very careless. Doesn't he know what can happen when I'm everywhere?

Zach's wallpaper is a photo of Juliet licking ice cream in a sensual style. I opened the message on the Home button. A conversation between Zach and Victoria.

Hey, I'm thinking about you.

Cool. What are you wearing?

Just my necklace and my cell phone.

Hot.

What else are you wearing?

I'm in the dressing room. Just wearing a jersey and was sitting on my balls.

Disgusting.

This is the sext that makes Juliet mad.

I walked a few more steps and found Warren's locker. I opened it.

I was surprised to find a photo of me and Warren in his locker. I bet he printed it in Mr. Jefferson's class... but... why?

I put it back in Warren's locker then walked out of the locker room.

Chloe was sitting by the swimming pool playing in the water.

"Max, try to find a light for the pool. I want to see sharks!"

"Otters don't like sharks. They bite," I said.

"Me too... Press the light!"

I entered the lifeguard's room and pressed the light switch. Chloe took off her clothes and jumped into the pool. I approached the pool again.

"Ohh yes, darling! Feels like a hot tub! Too bad you make me feel like the Motherfucker Queen because I want that stash of money," Chloe said. "Tell me you're not going to stand there watching me like a zombie."

I smile. Chloe splashes water on me.

"Don't you dare..."

"Stop me, hippie!" she challenged.

"Okay, you asked for it!"

I took off my clothes and jumped into the pool.

"Cowabunga!"

"Wow... look, an otter in my water! Duuuun dun, duuuuun dun, dun dun dun dun dun dun..."

"You're so obvious. And I'm still scared from that movie, so stop. I can't even watch that shark show," I said.

We started splashing water on each other.

"I'll just back up and spear you. Beaver revenge!"

"Cheat!"

I'm laughing. "Yeah, you definitely know about that!"

Chloe lay on her back and I did the same.

"I wish Rachel were here. She would love to be here at night. Wish you two had met each other..."

"We'll definitely meet. With all this going on, I'm starting to think it's all connected," I said. "And I want to find out for Kate's sake. She didn't deserve to die..."

"Your powers changed everything, Max. Especially you. I already knew. You're not so cowardly anymore."

We swam towards the border of the pool.

"You know what I mean. You've become like this force of nature."

"More like natural luck. Come on, my powers failed to save Kate... Maybe I just tripped in time... for what reason?" I asked frustrated.

"You didn't trip when you saved me, Max"

"Thank God. But... what if I fail again? What if? You and Kate will both die..."

"So it's time to start moving forward in time. And we are clearly connected because without me you would never have discovered your powers, right?"

"Of course. You make me feel like I know what I'm doing."

"And you make me feel like I have a reason to stay in Arcadia Bay," Chloe said.

"I hope so."

"Stop being so humble. You're like the smartest, most talented person I've ever known."

"More than Rachel Amber?"

"Dude, I'm not the groupie, okay? And I'm sure you have Blackwell bros around you—like Warren."

I laughed awkwardly. "Good Warren..."

Chloe chuckled. "Good? Ouch. That means "Friendzone"."

"No, he's really cool. It was really cute when he fought Nathan... But I haven't told him about my rewind power..."

"Don't worry. Once you master yourself, you will bring the world to bow."

"As long as you're here with me," I said.

"Don't look so sad. I will never leave you."

We swam away from the edge of the pool.

"Now I'm cold here," I said.

"Because we bark instead of attack each other, otter-versus-shark style... I think I've had my swimming experience for a year, let's jet off."

"Just call it a draw. I'll freeze my ass off when I get out."

We got out of the pool and put our clothes back on.

"It's disgusting, it feels like we just swam in Chlorine Bay," I complained. My body is sticky and smelly.

"You look cute with your hair soaked in chemicals."

"Thanks, you'll know."

Someone opened the door.

We turned to each other.

"Hide!"

Chloe ran to the pool entrance through the girls' locker room. I ran to the same place through the boys' locker room. We tried to get out of the pool but were stopped by an approaching guard.

"Make sure you check all the doors!"

That's the voice of David Madsen... Chloe's father and campus custodian. David opened the door and shone his flashlight into the empty room.

"Oh that's right!" I cursed.

Chloe and I ran back to the pool room. Chloe hid between the lockers and the wall in the girls' locker room. I had to hide between the shower stalls.

"Better not try any Halloween pranks after today... I'm serious," said the guard. "Hello? Where are they?"

He kept looking for us and I hid in the dark. Pass one by one the lockers and avoid the flashlight. When he managed to see me, I rewind time and hide further away.

"I heard something here."

I went back to the pool area. Chloe approached me from behind and we hugged each other.

"We're so invisible!"

"Let's go!" Chloe grabbed my hand.

We ran out of the pool building to the parking lot. We tried to reach the hostel but were stopped by a guard heading towards us.

"Wait, turn around, they're coming! We have to find another way out!"

We went down and started walking along the wall.

"This is bullshit. You can't go back to your dorm now, you're a Blackwell fugitive! Just stay at my place tonight."

"You want me to stay at Blackwell's security guard's quarters so I'll be safe? Okay!"

We started running towards Chloe's truck.

"In the car!"

Chloe gets into her truck.

"Enter!"

I entered Chloe's truck. A guard chased us when Chloe had already started the engine and stepped on the gas.

"Hahaha! See you later, bastard! Max, you rock! We're so awesome!"

.

.

.

.

UPDATES EVERY MONDAY.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 98 24
This is a FanFic with Chloe Price and My OC Jimmy Carswell. PriceWell, if you please. Jimmy has moved to Arcadia Bay right after his father died. H...
6.4K 109 8
It has been over a year since Arcadia Bay was destroyed Chloe and her parents and all survivors from Blackwell were moved by the state one town over...
1.2K 40 16
Max caulfield and her twin sister isadora finally come back to Arcadia bay from Seattle, max went to Blackwell to study photography and isadora went...
9.6K 177 15
Max and Chloe made it out of Arcadia Bay after the storm. Now in hot and sunny Glendale, Arizona, they'll face challenges that they never have before...