Time Entanglement

By Ssdevan

With the world being under the threat of Voldemort , cloud of despair has shrouded the sun of hope.At the cr... More

Strange Traveller
Not worrying
Changing Equilibrium
Catalyst
New Prophecy
Soul bond.
Good Bye
Training
Sealing the bond.
Relationship
Time Wheel.
Promise.
Silver Doe
Last Horcux
Restoring The Peace
Homely
Family reunion
Spying
Unexpected arrival.
Birthday
Celebration
Insecurities.
Letters
Unexpected Revelation
Switched Roles
Greater Good.
Catalyst Indeed!
New stories
Fact she knows not
Does it matter
Path Divergence.
Announcement
Author'Pov

In Memories

285 16 159
By Ssdevan

Deathly Hallows - A wand ,A ring and A cloak.

It fascinated Harry,like nothing else could . A wand that is invincible . Voldemort would never be able to defend him ,if he would have that . The invisibility cloak that he already have , and ring that can call the dead .He could really meet with his Parents  , could talk to them . Not only With His parents but with Dumbledore and Sirius too . He could ask Dumbledore about the horcux and eventually could defeat Voldemort.  He only had to get the Hallows but Hermione was not ready for it .In attempt to make her understand, He forgot about the jink put on Voldemort's name. (that was informed by Ron) .

Harry's over enthusiasm for the hallows eventually lead them to Malfoy Manor ,further leading to Hermione's torture by Bellatrix.

Hermione 's scream is still afresh in his memory as if Bellatrix's knife is still piercing in her skin. He even flinched three times ,turning back towards the room in which Hermione is taking rest, gripping his wand tightly in his hand , ready to defend her any time.

"Why don't you just go inside?"asked Ron observing his best friend.

Harry didn't reply ,He just sat back with a deep sigh . His head bowing down , looking at his feet.

"It was not your fault, You know" Said Ron, sitting beside him.

"How is she?" Asked Harry without looking up.

"Fine"  Replied Ron. "comparatively...He added looking at the door of room." Crucio is really bad . Isn't it "

"Yeah .It is " Said Harry gulping the lump forming in his throat, remembering his own experience of it .At the same time , recalling the feel of sensing the same feel within himself when Hermione was downstairs with Bellatrix. At last he knows ,whose emotions was he feeling.

"The Scar on her hand will never fade" Ron informed gloomily. 

Harry stands up without anything and walks forward.

"Be with her .Ron" He speaks without looking back and left from there .

Ron takes a deep sigh looking at his friend retreating figure, understanding his need to be alone.

"They will be fine " Came voice of Luna from behind. Ron turns back to look at her.
She came forward, holding two cups with hot tea and forwarded one towards him.

"I bring one for Harry".She speaks after Ron takes the cup.

"He need some lone time more than tea." Speaks Ron looking at Luna who settles in front of him on the couch and take a sip from the cup which was for Harry.

"You are alright? " asked Ron looking at Luna .His voice mixed with concern.

"Why wouldn't I ?" Luna replied with her usual dreamy voice but there was something off with it , something different from different usual self and Ron can sense that. He keeps his cup on the table and stand up. He walks across the table and reaches near her , without diverting his eyes from Luna who is engrossed in her tea so much that she didn't see him coming or she pretended not to see him

He settles beside her , without taking his eyes from her.

"What was it?Luna" He asked authoritatively. She looks up at him blankly.

"Nargles were bad ,I think" Replied Luna" But not as much as they were with Hermione." She looks towards the specific door.

"There is war going on. Luna .We ,all ,are trying our best to fight." Speaks Ron patiently." Also ,We ,all have, our own share of suffering" He said looking at his friend standing outside the house , looking blankly at the waves .

"One's suffering doesn't lessen other's pain" He speaks looking at Luna ,who was looking down at the cup, which is cupped in her hand .He takes the cup from her hand and put it on the table.

"What is it? Luna" He again speaks.This time softly.

"They .... were bad ..."Said Luna without looking up. "Death eaters " She clarified, looking at her hands ." They ...tried to violate my honour. " Her voice cracks as she speaks and tears rolls down on her head.Ron gaped looking at her horrified .

"Professor Snape , Stopped them". She added. "Telling them that they could have me if my father turned out to be useless.They were planning ...." Speaks Luna unable to supress her sob. " ...in front of me ....how they will ....." Her voice once more cracked ,and Ron can see her visible struggle to not cry .

Ron can't take it anymore. He wrapped his arms around her shoulder , pulling her into his embrace .She hide her face in his chest , snuggling more towards him ,while he can feel her trembling as his Jacket gets wet from her tears.

"They are bad " She speaks in muffled voice which contain her usual innocence.

"I know,they are " Speaks Ron fighting back his own tears ."That's why they will be punished. They surely will."

He  closes his eyes , mentally thanking Hermione for her presence of mind when she deliberately saw herself and Harry to the death eater, proving Mr .Lovegood loyalty to death eaters or else what could have happened.

"Master Harry's Hermione is looking for Him" Dobby's sound came after a crackling sound as he appeared there .Luna looks up , raising her head from Ron's chest.

"I am not Harry " replied Ron curtly.

"Dobby knows . Dobby go to tell master Harry but Master Harry told Dobby to not disturb." Speaks Dobby " Dobby is confused. Who to follow.

"There is a free advice, Dobby. " Speaks Ron seriously. "Always Follow Hermione if you want to live long . He will eventually follow her too "

"Okay Dobby is following Master Harry's Hermione." Speaks Dobby and disappears from there with a crackling sound.

"Master Harry's Hermione is calling him" Speaks Dobby appearing in front of Harry.

"Dobby Please. I told you to not...."He couldn't complete his sentence as before it ,he was apparating and then he was standing in front of Hermione.

She is looking so much pale and sick . Her eyes looking at him, as if piercing into his thoughts, the pain that she went through is still afresh in it.

"Dobby I told you not to ...." Speaks Harry diverting his eyes from Hermione.

"Dobby follows Master Harry's Hermione. She is good. She even say thanks for saving her. I is grateful."

"Thank you ,Dobby ."Speaks Hermione with slight smile on her face. Dobby bows down to her and disappear with a crack.

"He just disobeyed me" Speaks Harry unbelievably .

"Dobby is a free elf, Harry" Speaks Hermione while trying to sit up. But her body has becomes too  much fragile to hold her weight, so she  stumbled but Harry holds her from her arms and helps her to sit.

Harry sits beside her ,not looking in her eyes .

"It's not the time, Harry" Hermione speaks looking at him ." Not even for Guilt and Self loathing . It is in Bellatrix vault . Isn't it"

"I know ." Harry speaks. " We need to break into it ."

"We need a support of a Goblin then "Speaks Hermione.

"You are not in condition...".Harry speaks.

"It is not about me or You .It is much more than that, Harry" Speaks Hermione." We can't take risk to delay . "

"Are you sure  ?You can manage?" Harry asked to her to which she nodded with a slight smile on her face.

Trio decided to talk with Goblin and then with wandmaker. Later on trio  gets to know about the elder's wand and Harry figured out its location too but he decided not to go behind Hallows . His obsession with them were over but the price was paid to Hermione.

So they decided to break into  Bellatrix vault. To implement their plan Hermione took the form of Bellatrix and their mission ended with  chaos,  with them escaping from the vault on back of dragon ,where Harry gets the vision of Voldemort in which he was thinking about Hogwarts and hence they decided to break into  Hogwarts which was not easy task with Harry and Hermione being undesirable no one and two respectively and Ron was supposed to be in Burrow.

There was close save with the help of Dumbledore , not Albus but Aberforth.He guided them to enter in the Hogwarts through the secret passage that opened from the paining of his sister.

They met Neville there who looked completely changed from what he was when they saw him last time .In Harry's absence He has stepped in Harry's place , standing against injustice of Carrow's brother and taking the role of leadership in the mutiny of the students .His courage has led him into a condition where he has to go into hiding in room of requirements..

When The trio arrived in Room of requirements , there was wave of excitement and hope amongst the refugee. The news of Harry's breaking into Vault has already encouraged him a lot .Later Harry decided to take help from then .He with Luna headed towards the Ravenclaw tower to look for Diadem where he meet with Mcgonall and informed her about his objective and told her about Voldemort's possible arrival. They made a quick plan to inform the head of each house and to evacuate unwilling and young students.
.

There were a duel between Mcgonall and Snape in which Snape fled away.  After leaving safety of Hogwarts to Mcgonall he arrived in Room of requirment where he meet Ginny after a long period.

"Where is Hermione and Ron?"He asked pretending that he didn't understand that Ginny wanted to say something. He knows there are many things they needed to sort out but this is not the time. Not when Voldemort is in way .

"They were talking something about heading to bathroom"Ginny replied and before her words could completely come out from her throat Harry left from there to search for Hermione and Harry .

*****************************************

" I speak now, Harry Potter, directly to you.
You have permitted your friends to die for you rather than face me yourself.
I shall wait for one hour in the Forbidden Forest.
If, at the end of that hour, you have not come to me, have not given yourself up, then battle recommences.
This time, I shall enter the fray myself, Harry Potter, and I shall find you, and I shall punish every last man, woman, and child who has tried to conceal you from me.
One hour.”

Voldemort's warning was still echoing in his mind while the image of dead bodies is flashing in front of his eyes .

Lupin and Tonks .

He feels like he couldn't breath .He can't bear it .He can't bear the pain of seeing them lying lifeless beside each other . He can't stand there even for a second. So he left, ran across the stairs , holding Snape's memory in his fist .He entered into the Dumbledore's office which was no longer his .

He didn't know what comfort can Snape memory give but his own mind and his own thoughts is suffocating him. He wants to scape from his own thoughts.

He pour his memory in the pensive and jumped without thinking twice.

He remain standing in his place as Scene around him kept dissolving and re-forming . Starting from the conversation of Snape with Harry's mother and Aunt petunia , It turns towards how they become friends even before going into Hogwarts , their brief encounter with James in which Lily clearly didn't like James ,how sorting separated them into two different houses ,Snape's inclination towards Voldemort, leading into their gradual separation that concluded with Snape calling Lily as mudblood.

Harry witnessed Snape's fear as he pleaded Dumbledore to save Lily .He witnessed Snape pain and agony on death of Lily,he witnessed Snape promising Dumbledore to Save Lily's son .

Dumbledore ordered Snape to keep eye on Quirrell, later on In Yule Ball ,he was telling Snape to join Voldemort, Snape was scolding Dumbledore for putting the ring on his hand and told him that his life was of not  more than a year

Harry got to know that Dumbledore was always aware from Draco's plan of his murder and he himself planned his death by Snape. Harry realised that the 'please' that he said to Snape was not for sparing his life but for killing him .

He ,learned about the fragment of Voldemort's soul residing in him , resulting in the their connection.
He can still hear Snape arguing with Dumbledore, accusing him about raising Harry only to allow him die , but their voice has become far apart, as if Harry is it is coming from another end of a long Tunnel.

All these years  he put his trust in Dumbledore, who was planning his life as if it is nothing except a sacrifice in his great plan . Does Harry ever Matter to him? Did he really ever cared about His well being?

The scene has been dissolved again .It again re- formed in front of Harry. Dumbledore's office appears again but Harry's mind has left the conversation,as it was processing and accepting the fact.

Horcux .

He is a horcux .

Voldemort's cannot die unless he lives .

The image of Hermione, Ron ,Ginny and Weasley appears in front of his eyes .Is his Journey going to end? The craving to have a family,to live a life without any sign of Voldemort will remain fulfilled. His life will end with Voldemort's

"......Miss Granger is aware from this Severus " The name itself brings Harry's attention towards the scene unfolding in front of him.

"How?" This is only word that slipped from Snape's mouth

"You can't neglect the intelligence of young minds " Speaks Dumbledore with slight smile on his  face

"Is She okay with it ?Potter's ultimate sacrifice". asked Snape ,his voice mixed with scepticism and shock.

Harry didn't want to hear. Not this .Not Hermione.
He can't bear this. Not her . Not Her. Not Hermione.

He kept repeating it in his mind as if his constant repeating will change the past
He felt like choking and suffocating as if the air itself has stuck in his trachea .

"She is determined" Speaks Dumbledore "To save his life .

The word reverberated in his mind , sending a sense of relaxation in his body. He feels like he was drowning in a ocean and suddenly he finds a way to breath.

"But it's not possible. Is it?"asked Snape .

"Harry Potter has to die" Dumbledore speaks with a sad sigh ." Miss Granger is fooling herself .Even I can't help myself hoping a little for her success.". His voice contains longing.". But Alas!

The scene again dissolved and reformed with Snape and Dumbledore in his office.

"There is slight change in Plan , Severus" Speaks Dumbledore looking very pleased of himself.

"Miss Granger  seems to succeed in her mission" added Dumbledore.

"But you were sure that there is no way" Speaks Snape with surprise evident in his voice.

"According to my calculations, there were not" Replied Dumbledore with slight chuckle. "There are so many things Happening that never happened before. Seven Horcux for the first time ,two living beings carrying the soul of someone else. And A soul bond ". He looked at him with twinkle in his eyes.

"Potter And Miss Granger" Snape speaks as if he has seen umbridge wearing any other colour except pink. Dumbledore blinked slowly with a slight smile.

"Miss Granger wants to seal the bond" Dumbledore informed him.

"You can't allow that".Snape retorted furiously" You know what would happen?

Harry looks from Dumbledore to Snape trying to understand reason of Snape's anger.

"Miss Granger knows that too"replied Dumbledore calmly

"And Still she....." Snape looks at him as if he is lost of words.

"Yes ." replied Dumbledore ".Who else can understand her other than you?"

There was silence for a minute.

"Harry Potter needs to know , Severus ".Speaks Dumbledore.".To defeat Voldemort, he needs to know .

"What you want from me ?" asked Snape.

"A time will come when there will no other way except the face off  of Harry and Voldemort. Before that you needed to tell him what is at stake. " Speaks Dumbledore

"Why not now?" asked Snape.

"Because its effect will not be as much as it was then" Speaks Dumbledore. "You have to tell him just before the final battle . You have to inform him that if Voldemort will be able to take his life,he will take Miss Granger's life too."

"Either both of them can live or Only Harry ." Speaks Dumbledore.

"How does it will help in defeating Voldemort?" asked Snape.

"Magic is all about will ".Speaks Dumbledore" If Miss Granger's theory is right,which I don't have any reason to doubt , Harry Potter is fighting with Voldemort's soul within himself. If only he can really destroy that thing within himself , Killing Voldemort which is present outside him will not be difficult

"What if he can't? asked Snape." You are putting too much faith in that boy."

"Then there will be a ultimate sacrifice for greater good.".Speaks Dumbledore." Not of Harry Potter But of Hermione Granger. Belive me Severus, she will not let him die ,not when she can take his death on herself."

*****************************************

"I shall wait for one hour in the Forbidden Forest.
If, at the end of that hour, you have not come to me, have not given yourself up, then battle recommences."

"He will go, Ron." Speaks Hermione wildly looking around for Harry " He surely will....We cannot....This is a trap. "

"Hermione calm down.".Ron tried to calm his best friend, trying to look for his another best friend.The fear engulfing him too. He was with them just few minutes ago but now he was nowhere to  be seen. They had been looking for him for half an hour.

"There is still half hour left.He can't left like that" Said Ginny to Hermione.

"What were you doing last time?"asked Neville.

"Snape!!." Speaks Hermione looking at Ron
"Dumbledore's office" She speaks and in no time they runs towards the stairs while Luna, Ginny and Neville follow them.

"THIS MESSAGE IS FOR YOU VOLDEMORT"  Harry's voice echoes everywhere . Everyone from Death Eaters to Hogwarts students, From Ron and Hermione to Voldemort , himself, gets freezed at their. The hall that was echoing with noises suddenly becomes so much silent that even Harry's footsteps , which were not charmed to echo, is echoing in the Great Hall as he descended the stairs.

"YOU HAVE REALLY SHOWN YOUR SKILLS AND COURAGE BY CALLING A EIGHTEEN YEAR OLD BOY IN FORBIDDEN FOREST , ALONE. " His words echoes everywhere as he keeps descending steps slowly while his eyes roams on the roof.

"KILLING A EIGHTEEN YEAR OLD , INSIDE A FOREST , SURROUNDED BY THOUSANDS OF YOUR DEATH EATERS, COMES SECOND IN THE LIST OF BEST DEPICTION OF BRAVERY."

"KILLING TWO WANDLESS PERSON AFTER SNEAKING INSIDE THEIR HOUSE LIKE A THIEVE ,AND ATTACKING ON A YEAR OLD BABY, WILL ALWAYS REMAIN ON THE TOP "
His voice carries the humour mixed with pain and Sarcasm.

"BUT SORRY VOLDY ,I CANNOT ACCEPT YOUR DEFINITION OF BRAVERY . NEITHER CAN I ACCEPT YOUR HEARTFELT INVITATION"

"HOWEVER I AM INVITING YOU TO SHOWCASE REAL DEFINITION OF BRAVERY. I AM INVITING YOU FOR A DUEL, JUST YOU AND ME ,IN THE GROUNDS OF HOGWARTS,WHERE BOTH OF US FINDS OUR FIRST HOME."

"STOP THIS WAR . AND COME OUTSIDE FROM YOUR BURROW . I SHALL WAIT FOR YOU "

As the voice dies , Harry walks towards Hermione and Ron as calmly as if he was walking on the beach.

"I hope you have thought about it ,Harry" Speaks McGonall.

"I am ,professor " Speaks Harry glancing at her ."Just ensure safety of everyone else." He looks around at the face of everyone. Some of them are looking at  him with awe including Neville and Ginny ,some with shock in which Ron is included, Some like he has lost his mind Dean and Lavender were among them , some with scepticism .

but Harry doesn't need to look at Hermione to know her emotions . He has became very well aware of it.

All of them just know one thing.Voldemort will come and they are going to witness a great duel which surely will make a place in history books.

Soon everyone starts retreating away from Harry making a circle with him standing at the centre along with Ron, Hermione,Luna, Neville and Ginny.

"I need your help ".Speaks Harry looking at Luna , Neville and Ginny .

"No one can help you in Duel. I hope you are aware from that" Neville speaks in a fear that may be his roommate has challenged Voldemort without even knowing it.

"I am, Neville" Harry speaks."I want you ,any of you,to kill the snake"

"Snake?" ask Neville,Ginny and Luna simultaneously

"Nagini, Voldemort's snake. It is vital to kill her"Ron filled the information."Voldemort is protecting it with his life.". Ron turns towards Harry

"Why not us?"He asked.

"I need you to be around me " Speaks Harry "Both of you." He looks from Ron and Hermione. "I want to remind myself why I want to live"

"I am coming with you" Hermione speaks striding towards Harry ,no longer to be able to control her tears.

"No".Harry speaks , holding her both hand firmly.

"Harry, We are. ....."Hermione argue

"in this together". Harry completed his sentence." I know that. Now I know that"  He said , fighting back his own tears .He leans his head forward touching Hermione's head while their hands are entwined together.

At that moment,Ron understood what Luna was trying to speak.

Soul bond.

The energy that was radiant from them ,was infecting everyone positively .No one can take their eyes off from two persons standing in the center , like two half a same puzzle..

"I will come back to you" Harry whispers "For you, for James. "

"You will " Hermione speaks walking two steps behind while wiping her tears.

She walks back without blinking as she keep looking into Harry's eyes so as Harry.

SO how was the chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226 14 14
Catherine Potter had always had a pretty normal life, well as normal as a witch in America could have. When she turns eleven, she gets a mysterious l...
14.2K 427 23
It's two years after the war so when a certain "Seer" makes a prophecy that changes everyone's lives, in particular a bunch of 20 year olds, some peo...
342K 7.1K 26
Hermione Granger; brightest witch of her age, muggle-born, best friends with Harry Potter, Lord Voldemorts long lost daughter? Before the start of he...
571 21 17
Evelynn Potter has always been stuck behind her brothers shadows.. And shes sick of it. Unlike her brother shes placed in Slytherin. And unlike her b...