Switched Roles

Jane is someone who is always practical , believing on the things that can be seen or can be understood .However her notion completely changed with the arrival of professor McGonall in front of her house . No logic can explain the transformation of a woman into a cat and vice-versa .The bizzare feeling that she got is still afresh in her memories . There are no words to describe how dumbfounded she felt at that time . She is sure that David condition was no different . However somehow her daughter was not as shocked as she was . Surprised?yes , but shocked? No.

She remembered the lengthy conversation between her daughter and that old lady in which her daughter, crossing her hands near her chest ,and looking into eyes of the old lady, probed about the possibility of existence of magical world . After being convinced from the answers of the old lady she was so much excited to join new world

. Afterall it had explained that why can't she align with her surrounding like other kids. Despite being Most brilliant kid ,she was mostly bullied for her intelligence and  a few friends that she had, was only because she could help them in homeworks. It was not real friendship and her little daughter knew but she was too lonely to care about it .So when McGonall explains the existence of some magical world , There was no boundary of Hermione's joy. She was finally going to find a world where she belongs.

Neither Jane belong to that world nor David.And they are very well aware of that . Distance between two worlds has the capacity to distant two hearts . They fear to loose their daughter was intense but they didn't allow it to gallop their daughter's happiness.

When Hermione was first time bidding the train and waving to them ,they could practically see her going away from them. With Each and every year their fear started becoming reality.

They could understand the change in her daughter but they couldn't excatly point at it .Change was more prominent after her fourth year. Endless recounting of her school events always came to an abrupt halt .Even if she talked about her school days ,Jane could sense that the enthusiasm in her voice was artificial as if she is forcefully pretending to be Hermione that they know . From thereon whenever they met her , each time she put more effort to be their  Hermione , hiding her real self.

The reality was hard to accept for them so they decided to ignore it . Jane ignored it when last year after coming from the school, Hermione made the excuse of heartbreak without telling her about the name of boy. She ignored it when Hermione told her that their memories was altered by magical department to safe them from some war that she didn't know was going. She ignored it when she saw maturity in  her little daughter when they saw her consoling Harry.  She ignored everything.

But how can she ignore that her daughter was on run ,in some tent , during war and has married Harry without even informing them. Her primary concern was the war thing. Hermione told her that she didn't knew much about the war because all students were in Hogwarts under teacher's protection and elders didn't allow them to involve in these things.But now hearing from Ron's mouth that they were in the hiding,in some tents., her heart sinks into her pit. Her daughter has lied to her and she didn't know how many more lies she has told her .

She doesn't even know that she knows her daughter or not.

From the time they left , she and David are waiting for their return. They didn't speak a word to eachother. There is nothing left to talk.She turns towards David. The feeling of betrayal and pain is evident in his eyes,but like her,he too has decided to wait for the explanation. 

The crackling sound behind them, made them flinch from sudden surprise. They immediately stands up and turn back.

"Hermio..." Jane's voice died in her throat looking at Harry and Ron. Her eyes travels around for Her daughter and she knows that David eyes too is looking for the same .