When Bad Boys Fall II

By Kaykay_is_vogue

When Bad Boys Fall II is a spin-off to the first book of this series. ••• Lucas and Jackie finally had their... More

Introduction
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thiry-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Seven
Sixty-Eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy
Seventy-One
Seventy-Two
Seventy-Three
Seventy-Four
Seventy-Five
Seventy-Six
Seventy-Seven
Seventy-Eight
Seventy-Nine
Eighty

Forty-Two

675 35 2
By Kaykay_is_vogue

Jackie's POV

"Darrell," I repeated, testing the name on my tongue while he smiled, nodding. "Do you go to our college?"

Darrell shook his head. "I was there to meet someone when I saw you bent over your car. I got worried when I saw you were pregnant. So, I helped."

I was glad someone was around to help because I didn't know who to call out to at that moment. It was rare for a stranger like him to go out of his way to help me and even stay with me until now, with Paul included. He seemed like a nice guy.

"I am sorry for keeping you from meeting the person you wanted to see."

"Nah, it's alright. I already called them."

I looked around the bed before spotting my phone, which I wanted, on the small bedside table by my left-hand side. I grabbed it and swiped through to call Lucas, hoping that he would answer my calls this time. I was not liking how he was ignoring my calls ever since he went to Rochester. Moments like this needed us to stay in touch with one another and not keep things away from each other, no matter how small the situation may be.

I put my hand in the pocket of my pants and took out my wired earphones. I plugged it into the phone and plugged the jelly ear-pods into my ears. I glanced at Darrell who was holding his phone upright and away from the wandering hands of Paul. I looked back at my phone and tapped on the video call option on Lucas' contact. The call beeped as I waited for him to pick up.

A few seconds went by, and he still had not answered and just as I was about to tap the end button, his face popped up on screen. My mood elevated at the sight of his big smile and slightly sleepy face. I waved and he waved back.

"Hey," I said, and he rolled over on the bed he was on. "Were you sleeping?"

He nodded and yawned. I could see the sleep lines on his face and his ruffled hair when he shifted the phone away from his face.

"I was napping before I go to an important meeting. How are you and...wait, where are you? The headboard I'm seeing looks different." He brought his face closer to his screen, making me see just his eyebrows.

I glanced at the peeking headboard through my own screen and hummed in the affirmative.

"I'm at the hospital," I said and that caused him to sit up abruptly.

The phone was raised at an arm's length, giving me a view of his muscled chest and abs. I knew it was not the time to think of such, but the sight of his naked upper body made me feel heat between my legs. I missed him. Just looking at him made me miss the way he touched me and how he always made me feel. The distance between us was slowing eating away at my mood.

"Jackie?"

I shook my head when I realized that I had zoned out. His eyebrows were knitted together, and his eyes slightly narrowed. He was obviously waiting for me to speak or had asked a question.

"I asked you a question... Why are you in the hospital?"

"It's nothing serious, Lucas." Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Darrel shift in his seat and send me a look. "I just had some cramps."

"Fuck. Are you okay now? Do you still feel any pains?"

Before I could speak, he started to speak again, shutting me up.

"Do you want me to come home?"

Yes. Saying yes to him was just at the tip of my tongue.

I wanted him back. I missed sleeping and waking up in his arms. We haven't even explored much of our relationship ever since Maddy happened and yet problems pushed us far apart. The more I stared at his bare chest, the more the burning feelings for him grew.

"Babe?" His raspy voice reached my hearing and I blinked.

"Huh?" I had zoned out again. "Lucas, I'm fine. By the way, what has been happening there? You need to start telling me things."

"I know and in fact, I need to tell you something before you hear it from somewhere or someone else."

His face was twisted in a form of discomfort and the way he barely looked me in the eyes made me worried. My heart suddenly became heavy, and my mind started to form what he wanted to say to me. He licked his lips and made eye contact with me then parted his lips to speak but a knock on his door made him look over the phone before looking at me.

"I'll be right back. That should be room service," he said and dropped the phone on the bed.

All I could see was the ceiling and the small chandelier hanging from it. I could hear his footsteps then the door opening. The next thing I heard was a girly voice which was muffled, so I could not hear what the person said. But the next words I heard made my heart constrict in my chest.

"I could kiss you right now, Lucas. You have no idea how happy I am. Can I kiss you again?"

Again?

What did the girl mean by again? Had they kissed before? Who was she and why did she sound as if she was comfortable with Lucas. I did not like the sound of it at all. I didn't want to ever think that Lucas would cheat on me. He is my first love, my first everything and if he cheated on me, I didn't know what I would do.

"How can I thank you?" She sounded sultry, too seductive.

"Hmm. You and I both know how." His response did not sit well with me. Did he think I couldn't hear him?

My heart was beating fast just from eavesdropping on their conversation. I was getting angry right now and Lucas' silence these past days added to it. I quickly ended the call, too scared of hearing anything more. My heart was burning from jealousy and anger.

"Is everything okay?"

Darrell needed to shut up. His niceness was beginning to piss me off. I learned my lessons with Maddy. I did not trust anyone being nice to me.

"Just... Nothing," I retorted and squeezed my phone hard.

Lucas would never cheat on me. He could never cheat on me. He loved me and cared about me. So, he would never cheat on me. He had a child, and he could never cheat on me.

Would he?

| | |

Darrell drove me home and the ride was full of heavy silence. I preferred it that way and I suspected he knew I was not in the mood to talk. There were a lot of things going on in my head, especially why Lucas had not bothered to call back. I didn't want to think they did something, and I didn't want to call him back. I was tired of always being the one to call and not him.

When he was ready to talk or to explain what was going on in his life, he knew where to find me. For now, I was pissed off and full of doubts about his fidelity.

"This is it, right?" Darrell asked when he stopped the car in front of the house.

"Yes." I got out of the car and went to the back seat. Once I opened the door, I took a sleeping Paul out and went around the car to meet Darrell.

"Will you be, okay?"

"I am fine."

Darrell looked as if he wanted to say something, particularly about my mood but I stopped him by taking the car keys he was holding and smiling up at him. I pressed the lock button on the key and the lights flashed, locking the car.

"Wait before you go. Can I have your number?" He held out his phone.

I eyed the sleek device, momentarily wondering if it was better that I had nothing to do with him or just give him my number, so he left as soon as possible.

"It's okay if you don't want to," he said, sounding sad as he took his phone out of my line of sight.

I held his arm and shook my head. I was being a bitch to him right now. He had helped me when I had no one and even stayed with me to take care of Paul. The least I could do was give him my number.

"Give it here." My hand was open for him, and he hesitantly handed the unlocked phone to me. I quickly typed in my number and gave the phone back.

"Thanks." His response was hearty and his face all smiley.

I nodded and watched him type on the phone before a deep frown masked his face. His eyes fluttered and his jaw clenched and unclenched. I could tell he was pissed off by something he was seeing on his phone. I wanted to mind my business but when his eyes started to glisten with little tears, I got worried.

"Are you okay?" I asked and he sniffed then looked away while pocketing his phone. It was weird seeing such a guy emotional, especially in front of a stranger.

"It's nothing."

"Oh... But are you sure? You don't look so good right now." I wanted to just walk away but I owed him my concern after helped me.

Darrell looked congested. As if he was bottling up something in him. His jaw kept clenching and his eyes hardened. He tried to school his expression, but it always ended up with a frown masking his face. He exhaled and took out his phone then tapped on it for some second before he raised it toward me.

"I'm sorry for dumping this on you but, I just found out that my girlfriend is cheating on me."

I flickered my eyes to the screen of the phone and what I saw made my heart shatter. It was Lucas and some woman in a lip-lock, his arms around her and eyes closed.

Lucas was really cheating on me.

A/N: If you want to read ahead, the book is available on Radish Fiction.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.7K 894 70
"My heart is torn between two. I love them both. I have to let one go" . . Jazmin thought she found everything she could've imagined in her boyfrie...
700K 15.2K 57
Ever since she could remember, Maya Connors has always been the smart, shy girl that sat at the back of the classroom. She tackled every task with a...
3.8M 122K 55
Highest ranking achieved in Romance: #25 GENRE: Romance, Erotica, Drama, Crime, Thriller BOOK DESCRIPTION: College student Emily Maxwell's life took...
451K 19.2K 67
Book II Broken and lost, Liana moved all the way to Seattle to become the Manager in her best friend's New Cafe . Opportunity flooding her way is ove...