Just a Pucking Grumpy Goalie...

By SofiaMKay

Kat has made up her mind. Her v-card has to go. But who should be the one to take it? With an overbearing bro... More

Chapter 1 - Do you want to stay a virgin?
Chapter 2 - Partying and flirting
Chapter 3 - A ruined party
Chapter 4 - A visit from the parents
Chapter 5 - Hanging by a thread
Chapter 6 - Leaving
Chapter 7 - Just a little slutty
Chapter 8 - Want to come to my room? ❤️
Chapter 9 - Just a stranger
Chapter 10 - A chance encounter
Chapter 11 - Talk it out
Chapter 12 - Regret
Chapter 13 - More rules
Chapter 14 - An indecent suggestion
Chapter 15 - Run in
Chapter 16 - An invitation
Chapter 17 - Self control
Chapter 18 - Embarrassed
Chapter 19 - No control
Chapter 20 - Be safe
Chapter 21 - Road trip
Chapter 22 - Just a scratch (❤️)
Chapter 23 - Left wanting more ❤️
Chapter 24 - Some naughty practice❤️
Chapter 25 - Dinner plans
Chapter 26 - Careful what you say
Chapter 27 - Almost a date?
Chapter 28 - Old wounds
Chapter 29 - Foreplay ❤️
Chapter 30 - The talk
Chapter 31 - It's messy, but oh so good... ❤️
Chapter 33 - Spilled secrets
Chapter 34 - No shame
Chapter 35 - The truth
Chapter 36 - A little rougher ❤️
Chapter 37 - All dressed up
Chapter 38 - When it all blows up
Chapter 39 - The beginning of the end
Chapter 40 - Anger and sadness
Chapter 41 - Bad news
Chapter 42 - True friends
Chapter 43 - Back home... but is it?
Chapter 44 - And life changes
Chapter 45 - Determination
Chapter 46 - How to forget?
Chapter 47 - Back
Chapter 48 - Can't he understand?
Chapter 49 - A date interrupted
Chapter 50 - Is it wrong?
Chapter 51 - Accidental confession
Chapter 52 - The truth is revealed
Chapter 53 - I choose you
Chapter 54 - Finding strength
Chapter 55 - Making it official
Chapter 56 - Getting rougher ❤️
Chapter 57 - The morning after

Chapter 32 - Dinner time

63.5K 1.5K 142
By SofiaMKay

Kat

It took me about two hours to get dressed for Sunday dinner. Because what the fuck do you wear to see the guy who took your virginity, while also seeing your brother who can never find out?

I settled on a flowery pink dress. Because pink is my power color and I love dresses. And if I'm going to stay sane through a dinner with Brick and JD, I need all the help I can get.

I'm still early.

"Hi, Kat," Ethan says. "You must really like me, huh?"

I raise an eyebrow as he leans against the open door. The smell of food wafts out behind him and makes my mouth salivate.

"Well, you keep showing up where I am. But I have to disappoint you. I have a girlfriend now."

"Yes, Ethan," I say and roll my eyes. "I'm only here for you. It has nothing to do with JD. Do you want to tell him, or shall I?"

He goes a little pale. "You're kidding, right?"

I shake my head and push past him. "Of course I'm kidding."

"Phew, for a moment, I thought JD was going to beat me up. And Gina."

"Is your girlfriend coming tonight?"

I head into the living area where JD and Liam are parked on the couch playing a game. Brick is in the kitchen, stirring a pot with his back to me.

"No, it's just us guys." Ethan sits next to JD and gets instantly absorbed in the game. "And you."

"You're early," JD says without taking his eyes off the screen.

"You know just how to make a girl feel welcome." I ignore the guys and turn to the kitchen. "Can I help with anything?" I ask loud enough for JD to hear as I slowly walk over.

"Yeah," Brick says. "You could make the salad."

I step behind the kitchen island, and he turns away from the stove. My breath feels like it got caught in my stomach being this close to him again. He's dressed in a black t-shirt that hugs his biceps and his hair is slightly damp.

"It smells really good," I say and step closer. His scent envelops me as I peer into the sauce. "You smell really good," I add in a low tone.

"Kitten," he groans so quietly I can barely hear him. "You need to behave."

"So, salad?" I ask, and he points to a cutting board. I pick up the knife and start quartering cherry tomatoes. He places a bowl in front of me for the salad and crushes some garlic into a bowl of soft butter.

We work side by side while the guys are yelling at the game behind us.

"How are you feeling?" he asks.

His eyes are firm on the bowl of butter as he adds some chopped green herbs, but I can tell his entire body is waiting for the reply.

"Wonderful," I say with a smile.

"Fuck, kitten. You can't do that."

"What?" I look up from the chopping board.

"Sound so... content. It makes me want to kiss you."

My insides do a cartwheel, and I carefully place the last of the tomatoes in the bowl.

"I don't think now is a good time." I reach for the bell pepper and start slicing it.

"Tell that to my cock."

Brick moves away from me and starts spreading the garlic butter on slices of bread.

I smile to myself as I finish making the salad. The bolognese is simmering away, increasing my hunger with every breath I take.

The game seems to be dying down, and Ethan comes over and opens the fridge.

"Man, that smells good," he says and takes out a coke. "We should have guests over more often."

"We usually fill our plates here," Brick says. "But if you want, we could put everything on the table."

"This is fine," I say and step back as he takes the garlic bread out of the oven. He opens the foil package and I almost drool over the soft, buttery sight.

JD cheers triumphantly and Liam swears as he turns off the tv. They get up and walk over as Brick pours the water off the pasta .

"There had better be some food left," someone shouts from the front door and Wes comes jogging inside.

"What's that smell?" Liam asks.

"It's food," Brick glares at him.

"No, there's something new. Something..." He looks around as if he's a bloodhound that caught a scent. "It's garlic bread."

My eyes dart from one surprised face to the other. "What's wrong with garlic bread?" I ask.

"Brick hates garlic." Ethan takes a sip of his coke.

"I do not hate garlic." Brick opens a cupboard and takes out a stack of plates.

"You never use garlic," JD says.

"Do you want the food or not?" Brick sounds annoyed. He hands me a plate and gestures for me to take first.

"It looks amazing," I say, and try my hardest not to blush. He only made garlic bread because of me. But I can't let the others know that.

I fill my plate and grab a couple of slices of the garlic bread before I head to the table. I hesitate for a bit, unsure where to sit.

"You can sit here." Ethan points to a chair.

I smile at him and put my plate down. "I forgot cutlery."

The guys are almost fighting to grab food, and I'm glad I got to go first.

Brick hands me a knife and fork. "Grab a drink from the fridge."

I open it and find a lemon-flavored water before I return to the table.

"This is really good," Ethan says while shoveling food into his mouth.

Everyone joins us and I notice Brick has a piece of garlic bread on his plate. If he really hates garlic, then why didn't he say something? I have a forkful of food half-way in my mouth when I notice JD taking a picture.

"What are you doing?" I ask as he giggles.

"I have to send a picture to mom, to show her you're eating."

"You could have given me a heads up. I don't have to look deranged."

He shrugs. "It shows you eating. I'm sending it."

I shake my head, but don't really care all that much. The food is delicious, and it's been a long time since I've had a home cooked meal.

I finish every scrap on my plate and even contemplate getting more garlic bread. But I don't think my stomach can hold anything else.

"That was delicious," I say to Brick. "Thank you so much."

"You're welcome."

I notice Brick has finished the garlic bread, so maybe Ethan was wrong and he doesn't hate garlic.

"What about me?" JD complains. "I'm the one who invited you."

Rolling my eyes, I turn to him. "Thank you for inviting me."

"I have to do the dishes before I can take you home," JD says and gets up. He starts gathering plates.

"I can walk," I say, but wonder if I can. I'm so full, I might just roll instead.

"It's late. I'm taking you once I finish the dishes."

"Ok," I shrug.

"Hey, we're playing Grainer next week," Ethan says and looks up from his phone. "Did you know that?"

Brick chuckles. "It's not like it matters. We're going to crush them."

"You should come cheer us on," Liam says to me.

"Me?"

"Yeah. We can't let Grainer think we don't have a fanbase."

"So, I'm the fanbase now?" I raise an eyebrow at him. JD is still gathering plates and cutlery off the table.

"Sure. It would be insulting if you didn't come."

"Fine. I'll come cheer you on. Maybe I'll even buy a jersey to wear. I noticed a lot of people have them."

"I'll give you one of mine," Ethan says with a wink.

JD slaps the back of his head. "She won't be wearing your number. Besides, you have a girlfriend."

I laugh. "Does it matter whose number I wear?" My eyes meet Brick's and my laughter dies in my throat. The look on his face is... possessive. And I know I can't wear any other number than his.

"I'll get you one of mine," JD says.

"That's ok," I say, trying not to look at Brick. "I think I'll just wear something else."

I don't miss the flicker of relief on Brick's face.

JD starts loading the dishwasher and we get up and move from the table. Brick gets out containers and puts away the leftovers. It had seemed like a massive amount of food, but the guys have made quick work of it.

"Do you want leftovers?" Brick asks.

I shake my head. "I have no way of heating them."

"More for me," Ethan says, and snags another slice of garlic bread. I'm almost sad I can't take the offered food.

Liam, Wes and Ethan turn on the tv to a hockey game. I sit by the island and wait for JD, while trying not to stare at Brick.

My phone buzzes and I take it out of the pocket. I love dresses with pockets.

It's Morgan. I smile and shake my head. She's given in to her desire to help people. Even those who don't ask her to.

She's been grumbling about George's band's lack of a website for a while now. It was only a matter of time.

"JD, can I borrow your laptop? I need to check something out."

Apparently, she's been putting together a website for them, but the formatting is all messed up on her end and she can't get the website version to match the mobile version.

"Why?" He looks at me suspiciously.

"Morgan needs me to check out a website she's making. She needs a second opinion."

"I don't think it's charged. And it's buried in the closet somewhere."

I sigh. "Are you serious? Don't you have papers to write?"

He just shrugs and I will never understand how he still hasn't been kicked out of UNI.

"Ask Brick. He's constantly on his laptop."

Brick is packing up the garlic bread.

"Do you mind?" I ask him and give him the puppy eyes behind JD's back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.3K 967 34
(NOT FULLY EDITED) Madison has dealt with abuse and heart ache her whole life thinking that it was what she deserved. First her parents then her boyf...
678K 20.2K 42
2021 Watty's Shortlist! *Mostly edited* T/W: physical abuse "Why did you sign me up for Tinder?" I roll my eyes, "Why else do you think? To get you a...
3.8M 122K 75
Olivia Charles is an apprehensive, quiet girl who tries to do everything right. She has low confidence and low self esteem. Getting teased daily by h...
2.8M 69.4K 48
FREE STORY. PAID BONUS CHAPTERS. ❝Our eyes met, Our bodies touched, Our hearts fell.....all the way down in love,❞ A Shy Senior Year College Girl A P...