Reaction to Tensura

By armaghan_ror

Hey everyone, this will be quite a typical Tensura reaction. In which a supernatural entity kidnaps the chara... More

Introduction
Prologue
Special: Top 20 (Part 1)
Special: Top 20 (Part 2)
Special: Top 20 (Part 3)
Special: Top 20 (Part 4)
Prologue: Death and Reincarnation
Chapter 1 and 2
Chapter 3 and 4
Chapter 6 to 8.5
Chapter 8.6 to 12
Chapter 13 to 17
Chapter 18 to 22
Chapter 23 and 24
Chapter 25 to 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter No. 40
Chapter 41
Chapter # 42 (Preparation for Charybdis)
Chapter # 43
Break: New Guests
Chapter # 44
Chapter # 45
Chapter # 46
Chapter # 47
Break: Slime Stroke
Chapter # 48
Chapter # 49 (Butterflies of the Night)
Chapter # 50 (Part 1)
Chapter 50 (Part 2)
Chapter # 51
Chapter # 52 (Part 1)

Chapter 36

3.3K 96 20
By armaghan_ror

The duel started, Rimuru first charged towards Gazel, but Gazel blocked his strike. He tried to strike him many times, but he blocked. During this whole time Rimuru was coming at him from multiple angles, Gazel was standing where he was from the start.

Kaijin= (King Gazel was once taught by the sword saint. His swordsmanship brought him fame as a hero and a king. He is not an opponent you can defeat with half-baked swordsmanship, master.)

Rimuru was visibly struggling to fight against him. Then suddenly Gazel started using his [Hero's Haki] against Rimuru causing him to freeze because of the pressure, but he was able to fight it off by using fighting spirit upon Great Sage's suggestion.

Rimuru= (If I use my skills, I will surely win but that would be a wound to my pride.)

Guy= So far it looks like the fight is not going in your favor, Rimuru.

Rimuru= Yeah, I had just recently started my work on my swordsmanship. I wasn't that good at the time.

Gazel= You still aren't that good.

Rimuru= Well I am certainly better than before and I only have been practicing for two years, not over two hundred years like you.

Gazel= Fair point but compared to how much more power you have gained in this time period; your skill is seriously lacking.

Shuna= Power and skill are not the same thing King Gazel, and you will see in just a few years. Rimuru-sama will be an even better swordsman than you are.

Gazel= Oh you really think so.

Hakorou= Yes at the rate at which Rimuru-sama's skill is growing in just two years he would have surpassed you.

Hearing this from Hakorou, Gazel quietened down.

Ultima= Wow the great king Gazel really just decided to shut up after hearing from that old man.

Diablo= You will soon realize the reason on why he is thinking like this.

Carrera= Oh really.

Rimuru= Yes.

Veldora= Really.

Seeing that Rimuru was able to dispel the effects of his [Hero's Haki]. He decided to use a trick.

Gazel= So it seems, it is my turn now.

Then Gazel immediately disappeared. At first Rimuru was surprised but then he realized.

Rimuru= (Where did he go? Wait a minute... I have seen this before.)

Suddenly a sword swing came from below up. But Rimuru dodged it.

Rimuru= (This is not the end. The next strike will be from above.)

Suddenly a sword swing came from above. But Rimuru was able to block it. However, he was having a real difficult time. At this everyone from Dwargon became surprised, and Gazel began to laugh.

Gazel= Hahaha you were able to stop my strike. I forfeit, this is my loss.

However, Rimuru was really confused on why he did that.

Gazel= The fact that you were able to stop my attack proves that you are not an evil creature.

Treyni= Then the victor is Rimuru Tempest.

At this everyone from Rimuru's side began to celebrate for him.

Kenya= That was a really cool fight. Even though sensei was on the defensive for most of the time. It was still cool to watch.

Rimuru= I am happy that you liked it. At that time my skill with the blade wasn't that good, so that is why I was on the defensive for most of the time.

Chloe= Even though you were on the defensive you still won in the end and that is all that matters.

Jeff= But he didn't actually win. He only won because King Gazel forfeited.

Hinata= The fact that King Gazel forfeited means that he accepted his loss. It doesn't matter if Rimuru actually won or not. We already know that Gazel is much your skilled than Rimuru with the blade.

Ultima= But still why did you forfeit? You could have defeated him. You know that, right?

Gazel= My intent was never to defeat him, but to judge his true nature and when I had done that, there was no reason to fight.

Leon= But you only didn't had a reason to fight him because he was as you said 'not an evil creature'. However, if he was then.

Gazel= Then I would had killed him through any means necessary.

At this a few of the subordinates and students were a little taken back from his declaration. But those who knew, knew why he was saying this.

Benimaru= I know why you were thinking like that. And it most likely would have been the start of a huge war.

Shuna= It is good that something like that never happened.

Gazel & Rimuru= Yes, it is.

Rimuru= (It was just coincidence. I was only able to parry his strikes, because his style is very similar to Hakorou.)

Hakorou= That was splendid, Rimuru-sama. But your swordplay still has a long way to go.

When Gazel looked at Hakorou he was surprised to see him.

Gazel= Excuse me? Are you the sword saint?

At hearing this Hakorou smirked at him as he said.

Hakorou= Your performance just now was of great elegance. You have improved a lot.

At this almost everyone there on both sides was really surprised at how these two knew each other. But they soon realized that the sword saint who trained Gazel was none other than Hakorou.

Gazel= I am honored to receive such words from the sword saint. It has been three hundred years.

Carrera= So he was trained by the old man.

Diablo= Now you might know why he quietened down, after hearing from Hakorou.

Testarossa= Oh. Yeah, makes sense.

Dagruel= The way Hakorou was talking it sounded like he was saying you are going to be training really hard.

Rimuru= Yeah because that is what happened.

Dagruel= How hard was it?

Gazel & Rimuru= I think it would be better if you don't know.

Ramiris= Okaayyyy.

Hinata= Anyway do you only train with Hakorou or someone else as well.

Rimuru= Huh? Why did you ask?

Hinata= That is because when you were fighting me, your fighting style was not just like Hakorou's.

Rimuru= Oh that. I am surprised that you noticed that.

Shuna= So Rimuru-sama has another teacher.

Hakorou= Well that is a good thing. If you can learn multiple styles, then your enemies can't predict how you are going to fight.

Benimaru= So who is it, Rimuru-sama? I am also interested in it.

Rimuru= Wel...

Ciel= <Come on tell them already. It is not going to be a big deal.>

Rimuru= <Yeah, I know. I just don't want them to figure out your identity before it is revealed. They thankfully so far haven't realized it yet. I was a little worried, when they showed the part where you took control of my body and my eye color changed.>

Ciel= <Most of them might have thought it, a bit too unlikely. Or they might have forgotten about it.>

Rimuru= <Maybe.>

Ciel= <But you can tell this fact. They are not going to figure it out because of this. I can assure you of that.>

Rimuru= <Ok if you say so.>

Ciel= <I also know that they are going to make your life hell. But don't worry, when the time comes, I will be there for you. Both mentally, emotionally and if necessary, physically.>

Rimuru= <I don't think it needs to go as far as physical.>

Ciel= <I know. I will only resort to it. If it is the last choice.>

Rimuru= <It won't come down to that.>

Ciel= <I hope so.>

Veldora (whispers) = Rimuru, can I answer it for you?

Rimuru (whispers) = Ok why not.

Veldora= He trained with Great sage.

Leon= So you mean your partner.

Most of the subordinates= Really?

Velzard= Well it makes sense we did saw just how good she is with the blade.

Hakorou= Yeah, she was exceptional.

Shizu= You are saying this like she could match the level of King Gazel.

Hakorou= I mean it is possible. Rimuru-sama you know her much more than me. Do you think she could had defeated King Gazel?

Rimuru= Umm... I think it would have been a draw.

Benimaru= Really? And here I thought she might have been able to beat him.

Ciel= <Really, a draw. I would had defeated him. It might have been a little difficult. But in the end victory would had been mine. What Benimaru is saying is correct.>

Rimuru= <I know but I can't tell them all of your capabilities.>

Ciel= <You know that this series is going to reveal everything right.>

Rimuru= <Can't I have calm for the time.>

Ciel= <Ok fine. But I think you are worrying a bit too much.>

Rimuru= <Maybe I am.>

Ciel= <Ok then.>

Shuna= Well she can't be that good at it this quickly. What about now Rimuru-sama? Do you think she can defeat him now?

Rimuru= Yeah, I think now she can definitely beat him.

Gazel= I expected that.

After talking with Hakorou for some time, Gazel hit Rimuru on the back, laughing and spoke.

Gazel= Now hurry up and guide us in. It is a beautiful city from the sky. I'm sure you have some delicious wine as well.

Rimuru= Aren't you a bit too carefree?

Gazel= Well it is nice to loosen up a little.

Ultima= Well that was quite an unexpected behavior from you.

Carrera= Yeah it was like he did a complete one eighty.

Tiss= Not really, he was still laughing and smiling before.

Jeff= But not to this extent.

In the city, in a house, goblins were serving drinks to Gazel and his subordinates.

Gazel while drinking said.

Gazel= This forest has become quite lively again. Rimuru, do you intend on forming an alliance with me?

However, Rimuru wasn't at all ready for this proposal. And Gazel could tell by reading his facial reactions. (1)

Gazel= "What is this Oldman talking about" Is what your face is telling me.

At seeing the completely baffled face, almost everyone in the room began to laugh.

Alice (While laughing) = Sensei ... what ... is that ... face?

Even Shizu was laughing it was a really embarrassing moment for Rimuru. So, he tried to change the topic.

Rimuru= How in the hell were you able to find out what I was thinking just by seeing my face? Do you have a thing of reading people's faces?

Gazel= It is not that. I have been alive for so long that it is not difficult for me to judge others and what they are thinking with just a look. But still your expression was so clear that even if someone knows absolutely nothing about face reading, they would had figured it out.

Rimuru= Hey!

Fuze= Well when you think about it. His reaction is justified.

Hinata= The fact that you were proposing an alliance with a monster nation.

Fuze= And so casually, like you were "anyway how about an alliance". So of course, he was going to have that face.

Gazel= This city is abundant in resources. I am sure that in the future it will become the center of trade. It would be useful to have the support of another country, right?

Rimuru= So you are telling me that you are willing to recognize a gathering of monsters as a nation.

Gazel= Of course. I say this as a king. This will benefit both of our nations.

Rimuru= Am I really not being tricked?

Gazel= Hahaha don't worry. I would never plot against the master of both my teacher and the dryads. There will be two terms: First, in case of danger both nations will send assistance. Second, we will share our technologies. You can think about it. You don't need to rush.

Rimuru= There won't be any need for that. I would happily accept your offer.

At this Gazel again began to laugh and while hitting him on his back said.

Gazel= Such fitting judgement for a king. That's my junior for you.

Carrion= You even back then were thinking that one day this nation will be the center of trade.

Frey= I have to say you have amazing foresight.

Gazel= Jura Forest always has been a very valuable stretch of land due to its location as the bridge between east and west, but due to the existence of dangerous monsters it was inaccessible. But...

Rigurd= But now due to Rimuru-sama the forest is united under a single banner. It was possible for the forest to become much more accessible as Rimuru-sama could use his forces to make safe routes and charge them which would make a good source of revenue for our nation and safe passage for the travelers and merchants through a short route. Which is exactly what we are doing right now.

Shuna= In addition to that, this way the humans were able to see from their own eyes that monsters are not hostile and should not be avoided but instead should be traded with and develop good relations.

Rimuru= The whole human part of the journey was only accomplishable because of one person.

Rimuru said while looking at Fuze.

Fuze= Yeah, I guess you can say that.

Veldora= Everything that Gazel was giving was what Rimuru wanted in the first place.

Ramiris= That is why he answered so quickly.

Velzard= Also Rimuru since when you became the junior of Gazel.

Rimuru= He decided that I am his junior. I never agreed and he has been calling me that ever since.

Gazel= Well you don't really know how to rule, and you are a very weak king. So, in that kind of aspect, you are my junior.

Shion= Who are you to say that Rimuru-sama doesn't know how to rule?

Diablo= And how dare you call Rimuru-sama a weak king.

Rimuru= Stop it. Shion and Diablo. What he is saying is right. There are many things that I don't know when it comes to ruling and, in that sense, I am a weak king. Understood you two.

Shion & Diablo = Yes Rimuru-sama.

Rimuru= I honestly kind of expected this from Shion but not from you Diablo. Why didn't you understood what he meant as a weak king.

Diablo= I am sorry, Rimuru-sama. I will make sure that next time I won't lose myself in anger.

Testarossa= I guess that proves that I am smarter than you.

Diablo= That only happens when I am angry.

Testarossa= Really?

Veldora= That is true. When he is angry, he almost loses all of his intelligence.

Rimuru= Diablo I don't want this happening ever again. So, you better not cloud your thinking with anger or flattery again.

Diablo= Yes Rimuru-sama.

Now Rimuru was happy with this deal as this was exactly what he wanted. But Gazel asked him a question that he wasn't ready to answer.

Gazel= What is the name of your nation?

Rimuru= We haven't reached that scale yet. I am just the representative of the Jura Forest Alliance not some sort of King.

However, when Rimuru said this Shion, for some reason, took it as Gazel insulting Rimuru and immediately tried to take her blade out. However, Rimuru quickly stopped her.

Gazel= Well the way I see it, you are their king.

At this Benimaru, Ranga, Rigurd, Gabiru and Geld all said how they became Rimuru's followers because he was stronger than them and to them, he is their king. But Rimuru tried one last desperate attempt to pull himself out of this hell hole. By saying that Treyni is the manager. But before he could even finish his sentence. Treyni supported Rimuru being their king as well. At this Rimuru completely lost just sat down with a sour face.

Gazel basically said to him you are their king just accept it; they are not going to hear otherwise so just give up already.

Carrera= And here we see another example of Rimuru being forced to accept a post.

Guy= Even Gazel was like just give up already. You know that they are going to nominate and make you king even if you don't want to.

Gazel= I know the monster's law and the fact that Rimuru's is the strongest creature in this alliance. I knew that if he decided to become king, they would support him. But even I didn't expected things to turn out like this.

Veldora= Yeah but I definitely did. That is how things always happen to Rimuru. Even at Walpurgis he didn't wanted to be the one to choose the name.

Rimuru= Stop reminding me of that. And it was because of you, Milim and Ramiris that Guy decided to choose me.

Veldora= Sorry about that. But well, the name you chose was amazing.

Rimuru= I guess you can say that.

Shion= Of course, if it was chosen by Rimuru-sama it is going to be magnificent.

Diablo= Indeed.

Rimuru= (These two.)

Rimuru-POV (start)

The next day the treaty was signed between the 'Armed nation of Dwargon' and the Allied nation of 'Jura Tempest'. Yes, Jura Tempest was the name I decided, doesn't sound too bad.

The treaty was reinforced by magic. And I didn't wanted to mess up while doing my signatures so I asked Great sage if they were okay.

Great sage= <Yes, they are correct.>

Luminous= So you don't know the language around here.

Rimuru= At the time very little, by now yeah, I know it.

Leon= So how were you able to learn it in a year?

Rimuru= Well I was in the libraries of the Freedom academy.

Shizu= Yeah makes sense.

Ramiris= And before that?

Dino= Of course he was still able to write, with the help of his Partner.

By the way the name of the city was decided to be "Rimuru". I tried to stop them because it was too embarrassing, but it was forced upon me.

Rimuru-POV (end)

Hinata= Not going to lie. It really does sound stupid and embarrassing, and you should be embarrassed.

Shion= Shut your mouth. Are you trying to say that Rimuru-sama's name sounds stupid?

Hinata= Not as his name but as the name of the city yes it does sound stupid.

Shizu (whispers) = Hinata you know this is going to cause trouble, so stop it.

But Hinata didn't pay any attention towards the words of Shizu.

Before Shion could say anything, Rimuru-sama stopped her.

Rimuru= Could you stop getting angry at everyone, just because they say something bad about me.

As I have said before I don't mind them saying this. If I want, you to do something I will tell you to do something. Until then and this is an order you are not allowed to needlessly fight and argue with anyone just because they said some bad things about me. Understood.

Shion= Yes, Rimuru-sama.

At this the whole room got silent. As Rimuru was still angry.

Gazel= (Well this had to come at some time.)

Ciel= <Sheesh... You really went off on her.>

Rimuru= <That had to happen at some time.>

Ciel= <I am sure she won't say or do anything like that before. So, you can relax a bit. You know that being stressed is never good for you.>

She said as she used a sleep spell on Rimuru. He was already stressed and tired, so...

Rimuru= <Yeah. I know. Thanks for the help, Dear.>

...he fell asleep.

Ciel= <It would had been much better. If you would had called me 'Dear' while you were awake. But I hope that, this was genuine and not just because you were stressed and sleepy.>

At seeing that Rimuru has fallen asleep. Everyone was a little surprised. Some of the subordinates and people from the academy were worried about what happened to him. But Veldora quickly assured them that he is only asleep.

Author= Since Rimuru is now taking a rest. It is only fair that others also take a little bit of rest. So, we will be having a break.

(1: This the baffled Rimuru at which everyone was laughing.)

Total Word Count = (2870)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.1K 545 6
This is your typical reaction fic. I will not drop this but don't expect regular updates. English is not my 1st language so there might be mistakes. ...
359K 10.5K 17
Summary 3 men kidnapped by a magical castle and locked in a room to sort out their differences.... The world will never be the same again... ********...
159K 3.7K 17
This is the story of Rimuru Tempest, he was the strongest being that ever existed and the oldest. he was bored because he was the only one in the voi...
117K 3.1K 31
โ‹† DISCONTINUED โ‹† Exactly what the title says. โ‹† Disclaimer: These stories are all from over two years ago, and my writing has much improved and chan...