°AMBIVALENT° // ENHYPEN FANFI...

By czxyn-7

AMBIVALENT. ᴵᵗ'ˢ ᵃ ʷᵒʳᵈ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʰᵒˡᵈˢ ᵗʰᵉ ᵈᵉᶠⁱⁿⁱᵗⁱᵒⁿ ᵒᶠ ʰᵃᵛⁱⁿᵍ ᵐⁱˣᵉᵈ ᶠᵉᵉˡⁱⁿᵍˢ ᵒʳ ᶜᵒⁿᵗʳᵃᵈⁱᶜᵗᵒʳʸ ⁱᵈᵉᵃˢ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗ... More

For ENGENE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75 (Finale)

Chapter 69

58 2 0
By czxyn-7

•---------•❘༻.✾.༺❘•---------•

"I'm sorry Chaerin, but Jake doesn't want to see you right now," Mrs Sim said feeling completely hurt to tell Chaerin this by herself.

She reached for Mrs. Sim's hands and held them. "But Imo, I need to see him. I really wanna see him. Please talk to him for me." She said with her voice sounding like begging.

"You know I hate to do this to you. I don't even know what happened between the two of you."

Chaerin began to slowly let go of her hand on Mrs. Sim as she looked down sadly. Why would Jake even do this to her?

Mrs Sim went to hold back her hand again. "Just, give her some time Chaerin. He'll soon get over it. You know he can't stay far away from you for that long right?" Mrs Sim said with her soft voice as she stared at Chaerin trying to reassure her. 

Chaerin began to think of it. Maybe Jake still needs the time for his own. He needs his own space. He needs that. She let out a sigh and began looking at Mrs. Sim.

She smiled warmly at her and tapped her hands on her. "Alright I, but just in case something happens. Please let me know" 

Mrs Sim caressed and tapped her hand on her "I know dear. Don't worry"

They both smiled at each other before pulling in for a hug. "Jake will be alright trust me. the next you know he'll gonna be looking at you first thing in the morning" Mrs Sim said while caressing her back trying to reassure her.

Chaerin formed into a smile and nodded her head. "Very well"

Jake on the other hand was listening to their conversation near his door. He feels bad for doing that to her but he can't help it. He needs time for his own to recover from anything.

He began to put aside his arm cane on the wall. He was losing his balance and he quickly held the doorknob and put his body weight on the door. It was still hard for him to stand up without the support. But he doesn't care. He hates to walk around with it and always burdening the people around him because of his condition. He needs to do something about it quickly.

He began to slowly stand properly while holding the doorknob. He took one step at a time.  He managed to earn his balance. He managed to walk without the help of anything but it only lasted for seconds. Unfortunately, he fell immediately onto the floor. His body is still not strong enough for it to carry his weight.

He broke down again. Even so, he decided to try and try again until he was finally able to walk again for himself. He wants to walk normally right now. He's sick with all of this.

~ °❈° ~

Chaerin made her way back to the office. She sat on her chair and lay her back on it. She let out a sigh and began to look up at her ceiling. Even though she's hurt and Jake doesn't wanna see her. She doesn't care, she still gonna wait for him no matter what.

She began to continue doing her work. She checked on all of the stacked papers on her desk and went through all of them. All of the papers need her approval and signature so she needs to read them one by one carefully.

She took some amount of the paperwork and took the first one from the housekeeping department. She scanned the papers when suddenly her phone rang.

She looked at the caller ID and it was Lily. She answered it directly.

📞

Hello?    

Y/n! Have you seen the news headline?

She furrowed her eyebrows. What news?

It's about you! You're on the news!

What? She asked in confusion but not that much surprised.

I'll send you the link

Okay

They ended the call and Chaerin waited for Lily to send her the link.

As soon as she received it, she quickly opened it right away.

"K-pop member of the famous 4th Gen group Tomorrow by Together, Choi Beomgyu was spotted dating the famous Hotelier Lee Chaerin at a dance party Celebration last night"

Her eyes widened and a loud gasp left her mouth as she pushed her body out from the desk with her chair. Her heart was beating so fast and her hands began to tremble by reading the news.

She scrolled down on a post and it began to say things that didn't sound logical to her. She is not dating him! Obviously, they were just talking last night.

She scrolled again and there were some pictures of her and Beomgyu while they were sitting on a bench last night. it wasn't even something serious, they were just sitting on a bench. Well except for the part that they were both laughing while staring into each other's eyes.

"This is not happening," she said anxiously as she scrolled through her phone. 

She scrolled until the end of the page where they saw a lot of comments

"Doesn't she already have a boyfriend? Why would she even date Beomgyu anymore?"
Replied: I heard that her boyfriend got into an accident and he can't walk anymore
Replied: I bet she wanted to make him her replacement 😂

Omg, My Beomgyuu I'm happy for you!!

You guys leave them alone!!! they can date

Stop spreading fake rumors and wait for Bighit to make a statement!!

She should be ashamed of herself. Beomgyu is mineee!!!

"What?? All of this doesn't make sense!!" She said to herself still looking at the phone.

A lot of things began to happen in her head right now. First, how would her dad react to this knowing that she is carrying the Hotel's name. Second, it would be a problem if her hotel got dragged with false accusations. Third, it's Jake. Does he know about this already? Is that the reason why he doesn't want to see her this morning? And what's worst???

Her eyes hung open as she was frozen in her place. She didn't move or say anything. She began to slowly sit back on the chair while her heart was beating so tasty. She put down her phone as her eyes were fixed on one place and didn't even blink.

His words pass in her head as he repeats their conversation. She began to think of this one person. One person can completely lose everything because of a false rumor. One person could get kicked out of his group. One person must be having a hard time twice as she is right now.  

"Beomgyu"

~ °❈° ~

His mom burst in through his door as he was sitting on his bed while playing some games on his phone.

"Son, have you seen the news!!??"

He looked at his mom with a blank face. He didn't even know why his mom was acting this way.

"This"

He took his mom's phone in his hand as she handed it to him. She looked at his mom normally listening slowly to the screen of the phone.

His heart was beating so fast and he felt all of the emotions in his heart as soon as he saw Chaerin and Beomgyu hitting on the headline. His breath went up and down in a heavy motion. He knows it's not real right? It's not real?

"Is it true!?? Is that the reason why you don't wanna see her?" Her mom let out almost sounding like disbelief.

"No, Mom no!" he said with his eyes widened. "This is fake! Chaerin and I are still together."

"T-then, what is this?" His mom asked again this time with a low voice.

"It must be a false rumor. You saw her coming herself to see me right?" He said trying to make her mom not misunderstand Chaerin.

Her mom looked down as she thought of it.

"I have to see her" Jake began to reach for his arm to his bed causing her mom to rush to him.

"Son, what are you doing!?" His mom said worriedly as she tried to hold Jake back down.

"I have to see her mom, she needs me!"

"No, you can't, you're still unwell and can't stand properly. You need to rest!"

"I don't care, I wanna see her"

"No, you can't!"

His mom shouted causing him to stop his movement while he was already sitting on the bed.

He looked down as he began to feel sad and regretful for not wanting to let her see him just now.

"But,,, I have to see her" he let out this time with a low tone, slightly pleasing with his eyes.

His mom took a deep breath before placing her hands on his shoulder. "As much as I wanted you to see her too, I can't. Son, don't you remember what the doctor said? You can't force yourself too much to walk. Especially now that you're using your arm cane. What if it gets worse?" Her mom said softly.

"Just,,, stay here for a while or what okay? She must be pressured by now with everything. We can ask her what happened but just don't burden her too much"

"But Chaerin is with me, Mom. Believe me. She's not like that" Jake said with his soft eyes..

"I know son. I won't doubt her"

He nodded his head and stayed there as his mom told him to. As soon as his mom left the room, he began texting her but she didn't respond to him. Her phone was muted and all and he could reach her.

"Did she turn off his phone?"

He called again but it's still the same. His heart began to feel bad for her.

~ °❈° ~

"Arghhh this is stressing meeee!" She buried her face in her desk with her hands on both sides of her face.

"How did they even get that? And how did you guys even get together?"

She lifts her face to look at her. "I don't know Lily! We were just talking I could swear to you. I don't even know there was some stalking guy woman or whatever stalking us!!"

Lily was now at her office at the hotel. She came because she knew Chaerin needed her.

"Did Jake know about this? Have you tried to call her?"

"I've turned off my phone remember? I can't handle all of that news and people coming at me like I don't even know how they get my number" she said frustrated.

"What if someone calls you regarding your work?"

"They will call my secretary and then pass it to me. I already informed them to not bother me unless it's urgent"

Lily nods her head as she looks as worried as ever too.

There was a knock on her door causing both Lily and her to look at it. It was Chaerin's secretary.

"Miss, I'm sorry to bother you, you have a call," her secretary said.

"Is it urgent?" She said looking as if she was whining

"Yes miss, It's your dad. He wished to speak to you"

Lily and her made eye contact. She immediately nodded her head and her secretary began to pass her the cell phone.

She swallowed her breath before answering

📞

Hello, Dad?

Chaerin, dear where have you been I can't reach you

She looked at Lily and she began give her and encouragement. "Go on" she mouthed. 

"I umm, turned off my phone," she said while biting her lips. Whatever it is, she's ready if his dad will get made to him or what.

I saw the news. You had us worried!

She closed her eyes as soon as she heard this.

Are you alright? Chaein and I can't stop thinking about you.

She began to open her eyes. "Wait, you're not mad?"

Chaerin, it's a false accusation. You're clearly with Jake, Why would I be mad??

She let out a sigh of relief as soon as she heard this.

"I was afraid that you would be mad at me," she said while crying now.

"Don't think about it that way dear. It's clear that someone is trying to drag you down"

She wiped her tears. "It's not me Dad. They're not after me, it was Beomgyu "

"But now you're dragged too"

"In sorry. I'm sorry to disappoint you" she said between the cry

"Chaerin,  it's alright. Don't cry. It's already hard enough for you"

She sobbed again and Lily began to stand up from the chair and made her way to hug her.

"I'm sorry again Dad I'm sorry" she cried again.

"Chaerin my beautiful daughter, you don't have to worry about me getting made or disappointed in you. Knowing you okay is all I ever need"

I'm gonna look for someone who made that rumor so that they can take it down right away. By then please stay strong and don't think about it too much

She wiped herself as she calmed herself "It's fine dad, we can't do anything right now. It will only make it worst. It's better for us to stay silent"

Very well, but I will still try to do all I can. Until then, please stay safe. Just know that Chaein and I will always  love you

I love you guys too

They ended the call and Chaerin stopped herself drying crying. Her eyes were already red. Lily let go of her and caressed her back.

"It's okay," she said trying to make her feel better.

A notification sound then came from Lily's phone. She quickly looked at and Looked at Chaerin.

She wiped her tears dry with her eyes still red. "What is it?"

"Bighit already released a statement"

~ °❈° ~

She lay herself while spreading her arms on her bed while looking at the ceiling. This day couldn't get worse than this. Bighit already denied the dating rumors but the news was still hot as it was new. It has only been a day but it feels like forever for her.

She just put down her phone as she managed to turn it back on just now. There were lots of missed calls from the boys, her dad, Chaerin, Imo, Jake's mom, and even Jake himself.

She already told them that she's fine and she already explained it to them, but she's tired of doing it. As for Jake, she just couldn't face him right now. As much as she wanted to, she can't. People have been following her everywhere and some even interviewed her as she made her way out of the hotel just now. All of these people just won't leave her alone. In the meantime, she had to sneak out if she wanted to go out for the sasaeng to not follow her. She does not even know how she'll go to work tomorrow.

And there will be a possible consequence and another rumor that will pop out if they are both seen in public. Maybe it's just better if she stays away from Jake to protect him. Otherwise, those crazy sasaeng will go and get him too.

She began thinking about Beomgyu right now. How is he? He must be struggling. After all that he told her, she didn't expect him to go through the same thing. The thing is, how can she possibly meet him and ask whether he's fine or not? She's so worried about his career right now.

She looked up at the ceiling before placing her right palm to cover her face as she started to think of a way to get over this. Should she make a statement and deny all of that? Is that a good move?

She uncovered her face and put both of her hands on her tummy as she looked up again.

"What if I do?" She let out slowly while thinking of it.

~ °❈° ~

She was walking from side to side in her office as she thought of it. She was anxious right now. The notification on her phone won't stop and it's already been 2 hours since she last posted an explanation letter.

Chaerin already posted the explanation on her own Instagram account and she has read all of their comments. Some are supporting, agreeing and some even protesting. She didn't even know whether she did the right thing. But, all she wanted to do was make it clear to everyone.

Earlier this morning, as soon as she got home from her apartment. A lot of media were gathering outside while asking her some nonsense questions. She ignored all of them and quickly made her way to the car. The rumors won't stop since they will be posted over and over again. People already started stalking her as they captured her picture and began making headlines only to post it online.

She didn't even know how idols survive this.  As for Jake, they are back to normal again since Jake contacted her and even texted her a message. She's glad that they're fine but still, they can't see each other right now. It's safer that way.

The others were also quite worried for her and wanted to help her. She's glad that they do and could be more thankful for that. Since Leo was in a media company, he also helped to report some of the false accusations and deleted some of them. The rest of the boys also would report some of the nonsense posts they saw regarding Chaerin and Beomgyu. They also have suggested a good influencer that can help make it clear to the public. But she said that she'll go with this explanation post first. If not then she'll go with their ideas.

~ °❈° ~

The next day had come and she was in her room. She has decided to not come into her office today since the paparazzi will go crazy about her. It's already been a third day yet it was still the same. The news was still hot and she was still in the headlines.

She walks from side to side as she bites her nails. She was still worried about all of this. After the statement was made, the fans said that Beomgyu hadn't been active on his social media and this caused her to be dead worried.

Her stomach suddenly growls and she quickly puts her hands on it. All of this thing made her so hungry and she hadn't gotten her breakfast yet. She went to the kitchen and opened her cabinet.

Her mouth hung open as she looked at it. Empty. She scanned it again only for it to be left with dust. She closed it and went to her fridge. There's nothing there too but a bottle of strawberry milk drink and a chocolate. She took the two in her hands as she looked at it couldn't believe her eyes

"This is all that I've got!!???"

She began to look at the freezer for something to cook but it was also empty.

"Owow, when was the last time you went for groceries shopping Chaerin!"

She closed her fried and lay her back on it. She looked down at the two foods in her hand.

"Well, guess I have to see how long I'll last with this" she sighed and made her way to her living room.  She ate the chocolate and drank the strawberry milk. An hour later she began to feel hungry again. Her stomach was growling. She doesn't want to order food online because who knows the delivery might be a sustaining pretending to be a delivery just to get near her.

She hugged her tummy and groaned. "I'm hungryyyy" She called Lily to send her the food by the food and luckily she did. But Lily went back directly since she still had a class to attend.

In the afternoon around 2 pm, after she had a long battle with herself she can't help but go out to a nearby grocery. She craved Samyang ramen and she forgot to ask Lily to buy it for her just now. She can't fight with this craving and she doesn't even know why. Maybe it's her period coming.

She's now in a small convenience store.

She took two packets of Buldak Cheese carbonara ramyeon and a packet of Jim ramyeon. She also took some cheese and hugged it instead of putting it in a basket.

She's wearing long black pants, a black hoodie with its head covering her head, a white mask, and black sunglasses. She looks like those lazy kids. She began making her way to the cashier to pay it quickly. Luckily the people around her didn't notice that it was her and she didn't even see any sasaeng or media following her. This caused her to let out a sigh of relief.

She went out of the store and let out a sigh of relief. She began to make her way back to her apartment, not until someone pulled her to the side of the convenience store.

She was shouting and pushing the man away and constantly hitting him.

"Shhh! shhh! Chaerin it's me!"

Her eyes widen in shock. "Beomgyu???"

"Yes, and follow me"

~ °❈° ~

Beomgyu was looking at her with his mouth slightly opened. His face was stunned and he wasn't even blinking. Both of his hands were on the table while leaning on it as he looked at the girl in front of her.

"What?"

He blinked his eyes and tried to get back to his senses.

"Never seen a girl who eats a lot before?" She began to take the ramen some more with her chopsticks and shoved it directly in her mouth. When the noodles were all finished, she began to drink the soup from the cup. She shoved it to her mouth and it took her less than 5 seconds before putting the cup down and let out a loud breath because she was now full. She caressed her tummy as she lay her back on the chair.

Beomgyu was stunned to see her. He broke into a disbelief smile as he stared at her. "How long since you last eat?"

"Let me guess, erm this morning? Around 10?"

"For someone who has a slim figure you are thinking for your body type"

Chaerin sat up straight from the chair. "Are you judging my body now?"

"What?" He was confused for a while. "Oh, what? No. I don't. I don't mean it that way" he said explaining it running his hand in the air.

Chaerin gave him a judging face before leaning back again with her arms crossed.
"Beomgyu, we shouldn't be seeing each other. Especially right now"

Beomgyu let out a sigh. "I know"

She began to scan around as she looked at the place. They were now at a restaurant yet it was closed. The windows were all rolled down with the window shades. The doors are closed down and even the doors give a closed sign.

"What is this place anyway?"

"This is my aunt's place. It's her restaurant. She was closed for today. Don't worry, we're safe here. I had to make sure it's clear before bringing you here."

She nods her head before turning her head to face him. "Why did you take me here?"

"I wanted to say thank you."

"For what? For causing your dating scandal?"

He broke into a small chuckle. "No, Chaerin. For posting the explanation letter on your account. A lot of fans started to believe it right after you posted it. Thank you"

She pursed her lips while shaking her shoulders. "Well, it's the least I can do after what happened."

"About that, Chaerin I want to apologize too. It's my fault, I shouldn't talk to you outside that night. Considering my status, I should be more thoughtful. My careless action caused you to be involved in this too" Beomgyu then looked down as he started to feel bad.

"Beomgyu it's not your fault. It's neither of us fault. It's the media. They've designed it for us. I don't even know how you survive your life with the cameras all over you wherever you go" she said amazed as she crossed her hands and laid her back again on the chair.

"Yeah, for sure it was hard"

She looked at him and began to think how things were going for him. It was his career they were talking about at that moment.

"How are you by the way?" She said with her voice sounding concerned.

"Your career how is it?" She added again.

"You see after the rumor my company asked me to stay away from all of our social media. They will take part in me for explaining about this rumor. So basically, I have to distance myself from my fans until this thing finally settles down."

Chaerin then began to nod her head. "I'm worried about you. I'm worried about your career. After what you said to me on that night, I can't stop thinking about it."

"You do?"

She nods her head. "How can I possibly stay calm knowing too well that I am in the middle of ruining someone's career"

She then looks back at Beomgyu again. "You won't get kicked out from the group will you?"

He looked down not knowing what to say. At this point, he doesn't even know it himself.

"You're silent, so that's mean there's a possibility," she said as she let out a breath.

Beomgyu then quickly tries to say something again. "No, I'm sure they won't do that easily. We have a huge fanbase and everyone loves us. I'm pretty sure fan will be hella mad if I got kicked out from a group just because of a false rumor right?"

"You're really sure?" She asked not fully convince.

He nods his head. "Yes, plus my members and I are very close. They won't let that happen to me. Oh, also this one time, my band mate Taehyun was caught dancing with girls in the club. Some fans were supporting and some went wild. But he's still with us now so don't worry. I'm sure they won't do that.

Chaerin stared at Beomgyu as she gave him a warm smile. It must be hard for someone like them to imagine this situation right now. 

There was silence between them.

"Can't we just do something about this?" She asked again.

He shook his head. "Sadly no. In this type of situation, we must stay calm and stay silent for our good."

Chaein let out a sigh.

"I swear, if I find that person who did that in the first place I'm gonna kick him or her in the face!!" She said seriously.

"You would?" Beomgyu said in surprise.

"Yeah. How dare they do that to us in the first place. Get a life man!" She said and crossed  her hands again

"Well say no more," Beomgyu said with a smirk on his face.

Chaerin looks at him in confusion. "What do you mean".

Beomgyu began to lean back to the front of the table. "You see, I know who that person is and I'm gonna see him tomorrow".

Her widened and began to lean back on the table too. She began to slam the table. "You do?? For how long? Why didn't you tell me!?"

"I just figured it all out today. That's why I sneak out to see you, to tell you"

"Okay, so who's this guy and when can we find him."

"His name is Kim Minhee. He's my junior back in high school. He hated me when I debuted as an idol. He works with dispatch now, the popular entertainment news. He's the one who made up all of this."

Chaerin eyes were completely focused on Beomgyu. "Okay what's your plan?"

"I'm gonna see him tomorrow and ask him to make a statement by denying it."

"Will it work?"

"That's the thing, we must convince him to do so. All of this will shut down immediately as soon as Dispatch themselves reveal the statements."

"That sounds good, but how can we find him?" She said sounding interested.

"Good question."

She began to lean forward and speak in a slow voice . she too leaned forward as she listened to him. "There's this one café that he usually goes to have a sit. It's not far from here and it's quite hidden too. In that way I suggest that we go and see him and try to have a talk with him".

She began to nod her head

"So, are you into this?"

She nods her head without any doubt.

"Yes"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 286 15
Just what the title says:) Requests are allowed and appreciated. This is purely a work of fiction. Do not mix up reality with this. Some chapters mi...
22.9K 907 17
"𝘄𝗵𝘆 𝗱𝗼𝗲𝘀 𝗶𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂?" 𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴: 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝖻𝗈𝗈𝗄 𝗂𝗇𝖼𝗅𝗎𝖽𝖾𝗌 𝖼𝗎𝗋𝗌𝖾 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝖽𝗌, 𝖽𝖾𝖺𝖽, 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝗅𝗈�...
10K 329 11
𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐬 ➜ 𝐎𝐧𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 ᴀᴅᴊᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ: 𝑡𝑜 𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑡 𝑜𝑟 𝑑𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑎𝑠 𝑖𝑓 𝑏𝑦 𝑚𝑎𝑔𝑖𝑐 ✧ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐃𝐚𝐧...
1M 22.5K 119
in which kpop boy group, enhypen, is a co-ed group with an additional female member. ー enhypen ot7/poly/reverse harem ff ー