°AMBIVALENT° // ENHYPEN FANFI...

By czxyn-7

AMBIVALENT. ᴵᵗ'ˢ ᵃ ʷᵒʳᵈ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʰᵒˡᵈˢ ᵗʰᵉ ᵈᵉᶠⁱⁿⁱᵗⁱᵒⁿ ᵒᶠ ʰᵃᵛⁱⁿᵍ ᵐⁱˣᵉᵈ ᶠᵉᵉˡⁱⁿᵍˢ ᵒʳ ᶜᵒⁿᵗʳᵃᵈⁱᶜᵗᵒʳʸ ⁱᵈᵉᵃˢ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗ... More

For ENGENE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75 (Finale)

Chapter 65

89 4 1
By czxyn-7

The door was opened from the inside and Chaerin carefully pushed the wheelchair inside the house.

"Home!"

Chaerin's face was formed into a smile seeing his reaction. He was so happy to be back home again. Jake has already been discharged from the hospital but is still under medication and needs some treatment for his legs.

"Do you feel that son? You're finally home again" Mrs Sim said to him.

He quickly nods his head in happiness.

A bark then suddenly can be heard as a dog runs her way to Jake.

Jake's face lightened right away and opened his arms wide for the dog to run to him.

"Layla!!"

Layla jumped and placed her paws on Jake's lap. She was barking so loud as if she had missed him so much too. Her tails wiggled as he let out a whimpering sound to him.

"Do you miss me that much? Cause I miss you too" Jake played with Layla slightly caressing her face and kissing her.

Chaerin smiled warmly at Jake seeing how happy he was to finally be able to go home. She looked around the house and it was hella huge. The ceiling was high and well-built. She admired the architecture of the house as she looked up to see it. They are now in the living room. It was her first time to see this house up close. She had been there for quite some time but still, their house was beautiful.

"Son? Why don't you go and have a rest first in your room." Mr Sim said to him.

"Just so you know we already moved some of your clothes to the room down here. You will not be staying in your old room. We decided it would be better if you stayed in the room down here so it would be easier for you to move around" his dad added again.

"I hope you don't mind," Mrs Sim said while looking at his face. She doesn't want Jake to feel bad or even feel a bit offended because of it and that is why she is seeking clarification.

Jake shook his head. "It's alright mom, dad. I think it will be better if I stay down here too. After all, it will only be for a while. Right?"

Chaerin made eye contact with Jaehyun. They are not quite sure about that but surely, they believe it will only be for a while.

Jaehyun quickly made his way next to Jake. "Of course Jake. Now, let's get you to your room." He said changing the topic.

Jake's brother led the way as Chaerin pushed the wheelchair inside his bedroom. It was tidy and very spacious too.

Jaehyun put down Jake's bag from the hospital and placed it on the couch. Chaerin scanned the room the room right away.

Jaehyun began to take Chaerin's place by pushing the wheelchair next to the bed. After that, he lightly helped Jake to get up and sat him gently on the bed. Chaerin took the wheelchair pushed it aside and placed it near the wall.

"Go get some rest now. You just ate your medicine right? We'll be outside if you need anything" Jaehyun said with both of his hands placed on his waist.

Jake nodded and smiled at his brother.

"Thank you, Hyung"

Jaehyun smiled back at him and then at Chaerin. He made his way out of the room and closed the door.

As soon as the door closed, Chaerin quickly made eye contact with Jake.

He smiled at her and tapped the space on his side gesturing her to take a sit. She smiled back at him and sat next to him on the bed.

"You seemed so quiet. Is something wrong?"

She shook her head and warmly smiled at him.

"How's Chaein and your dad? Are they all fine?"

"Yeah, I've talked to them. And they send their regards to you"

Jake pursed his lips and nodded his head. "What about Samchun, Imo, Leo, and Lily?"

"They are all good too. Don't worry" She smiled at him and fixed the collar of his clothes before placing her hands on his chest.

Jake grabbed both of her elbows before looking at her right in the eyes. "What about you?"

Chaerin slowly looked up to Jake while her hands were still on his chest.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah," she said shortly while nodding and looking at him in the eyes.

Jake pulled down her hands and grabbed them into his. She looked down as he doing so.

"But my heart is saying other things"

She looked at him and her face formed into a smile. "Jake. The only person you should be worrying about right now is you. Come on, lay on the bed"

She began to stand up only for Jake to pull down her slowly back to sit on the bed again.

"Chaerin."

"I am fine Jake. I am completely fine" She then spread her hands in the air. "See I'm all good," she said with a wide smile on her face.

Jake shook his head and took both of her hands again. He was silent.

"What is it? Are you not feeling well?" She said as she scanned him. She put her palm on his forehead to check his temperature and whether he had a cold or not.

"I asked you first." He said softly while gently caressing the back of her hands with his thumbs.

Chaerin didn't say anything. She looked down at their hands and just stayed like that.

Jake's heart feels worried about her. She knows that she has been blaming herself ever since what happened to him.

He raised his right hand and placed it down on her chin so that she was facing him. She began to look up and stared at him in the eyes.

"You don't think I will not notice it would you?"

She didn't say anything. He took a deep breath before pulling her into his arms. He began to wrap his left hand on her shoulder and her head was placed in his chest.

She snuggles herself more to feel him and hold his right hand. Jake slowly rests his chin on her head while she plays with his hand. He caressed her arms slowly.

"I just think that, If you didn't come to me on that day, you wouldn't be in your situation right now. I can't even help you much because you won't let me. I understand that you don't want to burden me but it's the least I can do. It's my fault, Jake. It's my fault that-"

"Stop saying that it's not your fault. We didn't ask for this aren't we?". He said softly while gently tapping his hands left hand on her shoulders.

"Yeah, I know but-"

"No, but"

He began to let his arms off of her and stared at her directly.

"Please stop blaming yourself. It's hurting me" he said with the emotions in his eyes and she could see it for the way he spoke it.

Chaerin didn't even mean to hurt Jake. She didn't that that she was hurting him. At this point, both of them were carrying a burden in their hearts.

She quickly shook her head and grabbed both of his hands. "I'm sorry. I didn't know that I was hurting you. You were already having a hard time because of me and now, I am hurting you more because of my emotion"

"Chaerin. Please?"

The emotions in her eyes quickly dropped and she looked down on their hands.

There was silence between them. It took some moment before Chaerin finally spoke.

"Just,,,,, promise me you'll get better." She said with her eyes full of worry and guilt.

"I will. But to do that, I might need you to stay strong too. You know I always need you as my strength. How can I go through with all of this if my sort of strength is feeling low? It will automatically make me feel low too." He placed his left hand on her chin to make her face him. "Right?" He said with the emotions in his eyes. He doesn't like seeing her resenting herself for the things she didn't even do. No one wants this to happen in the first place but we can't go against nature.

Her face slowly formed into a closed lips smile. She nods her head for him.

"You're right"

She tightened the hold of their hands. "If you say so. If I'm your source of strength then I'll become more stronger than ever. I will do anything just for you" She smiled and placed her right hand on his face while looking into his eyes deeply.

"From now on, let's go through all of this Together. I will not leave you and I can promise you that"

Jake's heart warmed and he pulled her for a hug. She was now buried in his chest again and he wrapped his hands around her.

"That's the only thing I wanna hear" he smiled warmly while lightly tapping his hand on her back as he wrapped his hands on her.

She smiled and hugged him more on his waist. Right now, she promises not to think and blame herself again even if she still thinks she is the one to blame. But for Jake, she is willing to do anything just for him.

They began to pull back from the hug as they both smiled warmly at each other.

"You always know how to make me feel better," she said causing him to let out a small laugh.

"I don't know how you even do that"

This made her remember everything. Even after their first meet each other, Jake managed to show up to not make her feel bad about Jay not attending the dinner. He will always just be there for her anytime and anywhere. So she guessed that this time, it was her turn to always be by his side. To always be there for him, to take care of him, to love him.

"Of course, I know how to make you feel better and I can also see right through you. Why do you think I asked Jay to send you back home the other day?" he said while smiling.

Chaerin looked at him looking a bit taken aback with her smile on her face.

"Why?"

"So that he can talk to you about this. Jay has experienced life with you once compared to the others, that's why I know he'll get what I meant. And that is why I asked him to do so"

Chaerin smiled and looked at him. "So you meant to say that both you and Jay have been knowing about my situation?"

Jake nods his head with a smile on his face. As if everything is going well around them, they no longer argue when Jay is mentioned in their conversation (lmao poor Jay)

"Besides, I'm your soulmate after all. Of course, I knew all of the things you buried deep inside you" he said with a wink and slightly smirked at her.

Chaerin thought "Did he just smirked at me?"

"Soulmate? As in Kapjagi??" She let out sounding a bit shy and disbelieving whether she heard it right or not. In a good way of course.

He nodded his head and now it was his time to place his right hand on her face. He caressed her face gently and Chaerin slightly tilted her head while holding his hand on her face to feel him.

"Yeah. Soulmate. Don't you think the same?"

She looked at him full of love and smiled at him warmly without her teeth. "Of course. I love that. At least Cupid hit the both of us right this time"

She said causing Jake to break into a small chuckle. There was silence as the both of them continued to admire each other together.

Chaerin let out a deep breath while looking at Jake. She smiled one last time before standing from the bed.

"Alright. Now it's time for you to rest"

Jake looked at her as she stood up.

"Leaned back on the bed now shall we?"

He nodded his head and he adjusted himself on the bed. Chaerin held both of his legs and lay them down gently on the bed.

She searched for the aircon remote and adjusted the temperature before pulling the comforter to cover his body.

Jake lay on the bed as he lightly tapped the comforter that was now covering his body.

She went to his bed and sat on the edge. She smiled before reaching her hands into his hair and caressing it gently.

"I'll see you tomorrow okay? I have some things to handle at the hotel. There's heavy arrival today"

He smiled at her and nodded his head. He spread his arms on the bed and she bent down to hug him tightly. He kissed her head and caressed her back. She stayed like that for a few seconds before finally pulling back.

She began to stand up and pick up her bag. "I love you. I'll come back"

"I love you more." He smiled at her full of love.

"Go and sleep now. Make sure to get enough rest"

"I know I know," Jake said slightly rolling his eyes with a smile on his face

Chaerin laughs seeing his reaction. She looked at him one last time before leaving his room and the house. She went directly back to work at the hotel.

~ °❈° ~

She was now inside her office doing her work. As always, their function rooms are always overbooked every week. Their restaurant also attracts inside and outside guests. As for their rooms, since it is a high-rate hotel, most of their guests come from rich people. They also have rooms rated at affordable prices and tourists from outside of Korea usually choose that room.

After she was done with signing and scanning through all of the Hotel's updates, she tacked all of the papers aside before leaning her back on her chair.

She moved her swivel chair from left to right while staring at the ceiling with her blank mind. As if she was zoning out, she didn't even blink.

She stayed like that for a few minutes before sitting back straight again and looking at the time on her phone. It's currently 3:34 in the afternoon. She pressed the lock button and puffed her cheeks with air.

She had a thought inside her head. Since they had a heavy arrival today, she decided to check on the lobby on how is it doing there.

She then began to stand from her seat and fixed her clothes. After done, she reached for her phone and held it as she made her way out from her office.

As she went passed her staff, they bowed down to her and she warmly smiled back. She got in the lift and pressed the Ground floor. It took some time before it reached the down floor since some of the staff also happened to ride the same lift as her. They apologized for making the lift stop but she quickly said that it was fine and even greeted everyone who entered it.

Chaerin has always had this kind and warm personality inside her that made everyone admire and look up to her. Despite her position, she is always a humble and down-to-earth person which made people admire her more.

The elevator hung open and the staff inside the elevator bowed down to her as she exited the lift. She smiled back one last time before making her way out to the lobby.

She scanned around it and it was indeed as busy as ever. Lots of people were queuing, and standing and some were sitting while waiting.

She took a deep breath and went to walk to the reception to check on their work. They immediately bowed to her and she gently stopped them and gestured them like it's okay, just focus on your work. They went back to work immediately after that.

Since there will be lots of people, of course, it will be a bit loud and crowded.

She greeted some of their guests and even helped them with answering where are the directions to their rooms, bistro, lounge, and everything. She didn't mind doing all of that. All of the Front office staff department were slightly busy now and that's the least she can do.

She also saw Jisung moving around from time to time helping the guests with their bags, leading them to the reception counter, talking to them, and even guiding some to their hotel rooms.

She had been around the lobby for half an hour now. She still greets the guest politely. By then, it seemed like it was the 4th time Jisung had come from sending guesses to their rooms. Especially people with high status.

She looked at him and smiled at how hardworking he was with his job. She has been in the lobby for some time yet she still hasn't spoken to him for once. They just smiled at each other whenever they happened to make eye contact and get back to their work. That's how busy they are.

She stands near the edge of the wall a bit far from the reception counter and crosses intertwined both of her hands down together. She was a bit tired from doing all of it. She then wondered how exhausted people took this job for them to handle.

Jisung was giving directions to one of the guests and he happened to see Chaerin standing on the edge. The guest thanked him one last time and he nodded politely with a smile.

Chaerin looked around and he happened to make eye contact with Jisung. Jisung smiled warmly without his teeth while shaking his head. He knew that she must be tired as she was now standing near the edge. Chaerin just pursed her lips and shrugged her shoulder while looking at Jisung.

He was about to go to her only for another guess to ask for help regarding their rooms and he had stopped right away. Chaerin just smiled and decided to move from her place.

She started to take a step only for someone to bump into her shoulder causing the backpack of the person to fall on the ground making a thud sound.

Her eyes quickly widened and she picked up the bag right away only for someone to quickly snatch it away from her hand. She looked up and bowed to the guesses.

"I'm sorry sir, it was my fault," she said before standing up straight with her head lowered down. Well, it's not her fault since they were the ones who didn't see where they were going just now. Even so, the guess is always right, right?

Jisung saw this and wanted to make his way to her but he was still talking to the guest so he couldn't go to her.

She slowly raised her head with her hands in a manner position. There were three of them. 1 of them dressed more casually than the other two who were wearing black t-shirts. The two in the black shirts were quite tall and bigger than the other one. She assumed that it must be his bodyguard.

One bodyguard who happened to snatch the bag pack from her began to pass it to this one man who was wearing casual clothes. The man slung it on his right shoulder right away.

The owner of the bag pack was wearing black sunglasses. He seems to be a cool guy, with slightly long hair but not that long. fringe covering his eyes, v-shape jawline, and a fine face.

The guy quickly took the glasses off his face and stared at Chaerin. She looked at him as soon as they made eye contact and lowered her head again to bow. She was hesitating.

But the guy on the other hand seems to be stunned. He didn't even give a response. His bodyguard was already guiding him as if they were caging him from her with their hands.

"It's fine" the man quickly said to his bodyguards and they quickly put their hands down to make space for him.

"I'm sorry again sir," Chaerin said not looking up with her head lowered.

"No no no it's fine, I mean it's my fault. I bumped into you"

Chaerin was slightly surprised by hearing the words from this man. She expected him to react mad or something but he didn't. His voice was soft and filled with a bit of excitement.

Well, at least this guy knows his fault. She thought to herself.

She finally looked up and they made eye contact right away. As if something was hit unto him, she saw a sparks fly into his eyes. He didn't even move and his eyes were fixed on her without even blinking. Chaerin managed to take the man's breath away.

She was confused about why he was looking at her like that.

"Erm" she began touching her face getting uncomfortable.

"Chaerin, are you alright!??" Jisung said finally being able to go to her.

The man thought; "Chaerin? That's her name?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," she said nodding to Jisung. Jisung nodded his head back before looking at the man in front of Chaerin.

"I'm sorry for what happened sir, if you want we can make it up to you. We can give you a free food package for dinner to make it up to you" Jisung said bowing down.

Free food service just by accidentally dropping his bag??? What is this?? She thought to herself as she furrowed her eyebrows. But she quickly pushed it away and acted normal.

"No, it's fine. You don't have to. It's my fault after all" he said letting out a small laugh as he scratched the back of his hair. The man then looked at back her.

She was confused about why is he always looking at her and she also let out a laugh trying so hard not to make it fake (well it does sound fake)

"Miss Chaerin,,,"

She quickly turned her head to Jisung in confusion about why is he suddenly referring to her in a formality when she told him not to.

"Let me introduce you to Sir Choi Beomgyu. He is one of our VIP guests for 3 days starting today. He's a member of the famous K-pop group known as Tomorrow by Together. Their group also known as the 4th Gen leader"

Her eyes quickly widened and then remembered that they would be having certain K-pop idols this week. They usually have them actually, but it's just that she doesn't have any idea of the K-pop entertainment world so she's not fond of it much. So that's the reason why Jisung suddenly acted formally with her?

"Sir Beomgyussi, this is Lee Chaerin, our hotel General Manager"

Beomgyu's face was turned into an impressed impression as he managed you put a wow in his mouth.

Chaerin quickly offered her hands. "Nice to meet you, sir. I'm sorry, I didn't expect us to meet this way" she said finally getting everything out. She said it politely with a genuine smile on her face. This time, it was for real.

Beomgyu quickly took her hands and made a handshake. Again, Beomgyu was stunned to see her face. She was just so beautiful and her whole persona itself radiated positive and angelic vibes. He likes that.

"I'm sorry too that I happened to bump into the owner of the hotel I am staying," he said with a smile on his face as soon as they pulled from the handshake.

Chaerin waved her hands in the air. "Ahhh no,,, it's fine. It's clear now"

Beomgyu stood straight and pulled the strap of his bag pack on one side of his shoulder. He was again stopped back to admiring her face while staring at her. There was silence in the air despite the people's noise around them.

Chaerin began to feel uneasy again because of him staring at her that way. She smiled uncomfortably while caressing his arms but tried to make it as normal as ever. Jisung can also sense the way he looks at her as if he is falling in love. Really?? As in, right now?? Was that at first sight?

Jisung cleared his throat causing Beomgyu to get back to his senses and Chaerin was glad he did that. He tries to help Chaein because he can see on her face that she's uncomfortable with him having his eyes on her.

"So, can I guide you to your room, sir?" Jisung said as he brushed his palms together before opening his left hand for the way.

"Ohh-,, Y-yeah, sure" Beomgyu finally got back to his senses again.

He looked back at Chaerin one last time again. "Will I be able to see you around again?"

"I ummm, yeah, yeah sure," she said a bit hesitating. She shouldn't make assumptions right now. Beomgyu must just wanted to be nice to her.

His face lightened and he pulled the strap of his bag tighter one more time. "Great"

"This way sir," Jisung said gesturing the way with his left hand. He tried so hard to distract Beomgyu from Chaerin.

"See you around," he said to her one last time with a smile on his face and to Jisung. Jisung slightly smiled and bowed to him.

Chaerin smiled back at Beomgyu before he completely made his way with his bodyguards as Jisung guided them.

Jisung turned his back to face Chaerin and smiled at him with the It's okay I got you smile.

Her heart warmed and let out a smile back to Jisung. She crosses her hands and slightly nods to Jisung which indicates that she's glad he did that.

Jisung smiled one last time before turning his bead back to the front and continuing to lead Beomgyu to his room.

She took a big sigh before looking around again. It was a bit calmer than before now. She decided to stay down there and continue helping the guest before going back to her own office.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89K 4.2K 26
→ 𝗸𝗶𝗺 𝘀𝘂𝗻𝗼𝗼 ♡ 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗸 𝘀𝘂𝗻𝗴𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗻 ❝ 𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝘁𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝘁 𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘀, 𝗵𝘆𝘂𝗻𝗴. ❞ ©enhapen
8.3K 334 13
♡... 𝖠𝗇 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝖾𝗇𝗌𝖾 𝖺𝗇 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖻𝗂𝖽𝖽𝖾𝗇 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗂𝗌 𝗐𝗈𝗄𝖾𝗇 𝖻𝖾𝗍𝗐𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝖠𝗆𝖾𝗅𝗂𝖺 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖧𝖾𝖾𝗌𝖾𝗎𝗇𝗀, 𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝖻𝗋𝗈𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋'...
42.5K 1.5K 20
❝𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐚 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭, 𝐟𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬❞ ↝ 𝐉𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐧...
75.9K 2.7K 44
"𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮." -𝓝𝓲-𝓴𝓲 (ᴅɪꜱᴄʟᴀɪᴍᴇʀ!) ᴛʜɪꜱ ɪꜱ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴜʀᴇ...