Neutral Line

By VioletYbrehl

For years, people tended to believe the world is all about good and bad people, that it's entirely separate a... More

Author's Note
1: Origin
2: Izuku
3: Little Genius
4: UA's Gremlin
5: Set up
6: Disappointment
7: Stupidity
8: Details
9: Recruitment
10: Ominous
11: Tragedy
12: Pointing Direction
13: Behind The Scene
14: Operation: The Fall
15: Deal
16: Incident
17: Connection
18: The Day
19: Confrontation
20: Interlude
21: Trial
22: Table Turn

23: Realm of User

184 8 162
By VioletYbrehl

OFA ARC BEGINNING

"Fam! That was an intense trial!" Camie said. She tapping her chest and keeps on trying to calm herself down. The others also look intense as the trial ended.

"Mikumo! We are proud of you to be able to refute that bastard. As expected," Yo smugly said.

"You're acting as if you're the one who face those a-holes," Tatami unamusedly said.

"Why filter it fam? Just straight up say they are asshole," Camie commented.

"Such a vulgar mouth," Seiji commented but didn't scold Camie.

The whole squad was just bickering as they went outside. Mikumo just found himself at peace at the moment. Their plan just move forward but they can't really let their guard down.

They are in a crucial moment where one mistake, everything would be doom. Mikumo still had to monitors the "Traitors" in Shiketsu, and of course to make Katsuki get ready.

Katsuki's role is also crucial now that he become the One For All Successor. He needs to be strong enough for him to become one of Izuku's greatest pawn.

To be honest, he doesnt feel anything about the trial. He never feel anything for what Katsuki done. Not even a remorse or anger. He just doesnt care. So its easy for him to interact, and act is if he really despise him. Controlling what emotion he should show or even how he react.

Just like how he act both as Mikumo when half his conscious was in US. And how he manage to make a lot of difference between Izuku and Mikumo as twin.

Their penmanship, their habits, their mannerism, even their personality are both different and was well crafted. This is how strong Izuku's mental fortitude is. But of course, this kind of skills had its own backlash.

Its was Izuku's identity crisis. That sometimes he was questioning himself who he really was.

"Akatani?" Inasa ask. Izuki snap and look in front of him. Everyone of his friends look to him worriedly.

"He might still be in shock to the trials. They almost lost after all," Seiji concluded.

"We're here fam, if you need someone to listen," Camie sincerely said. Izuku just nodded and smile.

"Thanks, everyone," He said.

"Well, will go with us to our dorms or you still need to do something?" Tatami ask.

"There are still some documents we need to process. So lets just see in dorms later, I'll treat everyone for this trials victory," Izuku said. They all lit up before saying their goodbyes.

Izuku just stay for a while before Katsuki and Hizashi walk by.

"Mikumo? Why are you still here?" Hizashi ask in confusion. Katsuki look to him in shock before he look away guiltily.

"I hate you... And you know it right, Katsuki?" Mikumo said. Katsuki just look down because he knew Mikumo is right.

"But you are also holding my twin's dream... And to be honest, Its like Izuku already predict this would all happen," Mikumo said in low tone. Enough for Hizashi and Katsuki to hear it.

"Wh-what? Are you certain to this?!" Hizashi ask in shock. Izuku just nodded. Even Katsuki is in state of shock right now after hearing it.

"How do you think we gather a lot of evidence against Aldera? The truth is we've been preparing a lawsuit to the school. And just waiting for announcement of Izuku's result to file it. But these all happen," Mikumo said and sigh.

"He knew something big would happen. Saying we all should be cautious. Izuku had a habit of writing down his experience and dreams in his home laptop. In the end, those notes becomes your way out of being sent to Juvenile and your chance to be in UA. And one of his dream is to bring back "Kacchan" and become the Wonder Duo," Katsuki felt an overwhelming emotion upon hearing it.

He didn't realize he started to cry.

"Don't get me wrong. For me "Kacchan" WAS you Katsuki. But you are not "Kacchan" anymore. He just becomes a distance memory Izuku had in his childhood. And currently, both of you are just a stranger with memories from the past. Its the reason why he wanted to bring back "Kacchan". And do you know who was this "Kacchan" to him?" Izuku ask. Katsuki didn't reply but tears keeps on falling to his eyes.

"Kacchan is his epitome of Victory. His hero who was confident, brave, and someone who never backs to his beliefs. A friend that inspired him a lot on his journey of becoming a hero. Someone who would stick through thick and thin when there is a lot of people who never really believe in them. Funny how he saw you like that before. But it seems like you failed his expectation. Because in the end, you are just like those people, you left him," Izuku said with a mocking tone.

"And now you are holding a legacy both of him and his favorite hero, I can't let you just messed up. So expect me to train you and help you with your new found power. But dont expect that I will act as a friend because I am just preserving his will," Izuku said before he left. Maybe because its tiring to make some bullshit.

--*--

Shiketsu High had a unique system among high schools. It was a system base on Collage. Students would go to their teacher's room rather than the teacher going to classrooms. This is also the reason why Traitor has a huge advantage at this moment. Its because they can observe a large quantity of students and could exploit it to their favor.

But it will lost its advantage the moment they found their target. Why? Because none of them could really fully focus on observing their target.

They can't change schedule any longer after they submit it. Its a way of each department could interact outside their courses and build relationships with them just in case a big scale activity would happen. And this would also benefit them in long run. Like hero Department befriending some business Department, support Department, even the general Department.

Just like UA, Shiketsu had four major Department. Heroic, Support, Business, and the general Department. But the difference is, each courses had Specialize Courses.

Heroics had Undergrounds, Rescue, even had a criminology for those who wanted to become a police. Every field that screams hero had courses here.

Business Department is those who focus on finance, marketing, and any related to media relation.

Support Department is those who focus on inventing support items, Strategies, making Costumes, and those job that could support the heroes

And of course the General Department which is the largest department. Its focus to any non-related courses to heroics.

Whats more, there are an unspoken rules in the school not to introduce with your quirk and Department in front of crowd to maintain "Equality". At first its only on introduction, but it become norms to every greetings to Shiketsu not to include these two information upon introducing yourself. This might also be the reason why HPSC send some rats inside, not only to observe some "Potential pawn" but also to find some system weakness for them to covert the Skitetsu as a "public" school too.

Both Shiketsu and UA are both a private school after all. Both have a strong financial backer so HPSC really can't act irrational.

The moment they started, Kaina immediately test their combat ability with and without quirk. Unsuprisingly, all of them have a high efficient towards physical combat. Which makes Kaina's job easier than it was.

These group had immediately been pushed to their limit and all of them are not backing out.

"God! Its so exhausting!" Camie said and let herself relax in the sofa. All of their muscles are aching as they just finish a really gruesome training. Mikumo casually let their exhaustion go but leave the muscle ache. With this they can move around while they still grow exponentially.

"I feel like Iku-kun is our last fortress, what do you think?" Tatami suddenly said. All of them look to her with realization.

"I mean, not only he is the strongest among us, but he is also the smartest. Honestly, he is too overpowered," Seiji said as he drank his water.

"So will it be fine if you become our last fortress, Iku?" Inasa enthusiastically ask while putting his arm to Izuku's shoulder.

"You mean... You wanted me to just move if its needed?" Izuku ask. And all of them nodded.

Izuku just thought, its not bad. Since he can work behind them too. Plus the job of Last Fortress is to step in the situation that his group couldn't handle. With him being fortress, he doesnt need to be constantly be in the frontal attack and his group would also grow a lot.

"Rin-sensei said, we'll start patrolling around now. I wonder why this early? We are just in third day," Tatami ask.

"Come to think of it, thats really odd," Seiji said while in thinking pose.

"Why not? Not only we will have experience, we can polish our skills too!" Yo smugly said.

"Exactly, but I am just thinking since most of the activity I research, the first time students will patrol was mostly in internship after our sport festival," Seiji retorted.

"Might be because we are powerful!" Yo playfully said.

"You shouldn't be arrogant Yo! So what if we are stronger than most of the students here? We still need to be humble, we can't allow ourselves like that!" Inasa suddenly said. Yo put his hands up as if he was surrendering.

"Chill! I was just joking," Yo said and smile awkwardly.

"I just... Don't want to be a hero like Endeavour who was arrogant!" Inasa mutter. Izuku just look to Inasa who was next to him.

"I see... Sorry if I somehow offended you," Yo sincerely said. Inasa just smile and accept his remarks.

"What we need to do is to get ready for tomorrow, Rin-sensei would surely go in our first patrol to observe," Seiji said.

"Hun! Chill! Can we just eat I'm super duper hungry!" Camir complain, suddenly Tatami's stomach grumble which makes her embarrass.

"Should I cook?" Izuku ask.

"Nope! You already cook for us a while ago, so let us treat you in the cafeteria!" Yo said and pull Izuku from Inasa.

"Hey! You already have a girlfriend, go to her! My honeybunch is mine," Camie said and snake her arm to Izuku's. Izuku just sigh seeing Yo and Camie glaring at each other as if there is a electricity in between.

"He is my bro! So he's mine. Go flirt to others," Yo shamelessly said. Tatami just look to him with deadpan look.

Suddenly she pinch his ear.

"Ow! Ow! Ow! Honey, babe! Please let go," Yo complain which makes Inasa laugh and Seiji look to them as if he was done.

Izuku just watch and let himself be pull by Camie, and Yo who was also being pulled by Tatami.

After class, Mikumo told them that he'll go to UA for four hours. They all bicker again before he leave.

--*--

Katsuki felt all his muscles ache. Mikumo's training just started and Mikumo order to have a spar on him without quirks. No explosion, no OFA. Just his raw strength. The moment they started, Mikumo brutally attack to his opening.

Forcing him to defend all of those. He could even see that Mikumo purposely slow down his attack. But all in all the Training is definitely a one sided beating.

Mikumo never really care on how beaten he was. It didn't help that the purple boy who was proclaimed as Izuku's best friend is definitely watching him being beaten by Mikumo.

Of course Mikumo also help Hitoshi to train. But the treatment to the two of them is obvious.

Hitoshi didn't really mocked him. He purposely ignore his existence. But whenever there is a time and chance to beat him up, like trainings. Hitoshi will become a beast and will surely make Katsuki suffer a blow.

No matter if its Hitoshi, Izuku, or Mikumo. He realize that all of them is superior to him. That he wasn't really the best. But its too late already.

"Stand up," Mikumo coldly said.

"One For All had 7 potentisl quirks you might manifest. Gear Shift, Fa Jin, Danger Sense, Black Whip, Smoke Screen, and Float. So now, instead of Explosion, you should call your quirk Energy Manipulation," Mikumo coldly said. He was like a robot teaching Katsuki and never felt anything other than his responsibility as teacher.

But sometimes, Katsuki wanted to be greedy. He wanted to be Mikumo's friend too. But he had no guts to do so as he is the reason why his twin die. It sound hypocrite to be honest. So Katsuki just force himself to be contented to this situation.

Mikumo gave him a notebook.

"I want you to review each of those Quirk as I will ask you tomorrow. We'll stop here," Mikumo ordered. He look to his watch and preparing to leave.

"But its only been 3 hours since we start," Katsuki suddenly blurted.

"I could only spare 3 hours to your training. You should focus on your physical combat. You are nothing without a quirk. Your attack is surely effective if you use Explosion. But the moment it was remove to you, you have a lot of opening. If a slightly intelligent opponent manage to find ways for you not to be able to use your quirk, you'll be dead. If you wanted more of OFA training, go to All Might and ask for Torino Sorahiko's number. He could help you more than that boffun," Mikumo said.

"Mikumo, would you mind to grab some coffee in your cat cafe? Its been a while since I visit that place. If you have some time," Hitoshi said.

Mikumo look at his watch and nodded.

"Give me an hour, lets meet there after I talk to principal Nezu," Mikumo said. Hitoshi grin and nodded.

"Nice! Maybe I could introduce you to the foods that Izuku love the most," Hitoshi beamingly said.

"Sound lovely, see you later," Mikumo said and wave a goodbye. Hitoshi just look to Katsuki with a taunting smile. Its seems like Hitoshi knew what he feels towards Mikumo. And was using it to make him suffer.

Katsuki also knew that Hitoshi love Izuku. And since its him to took Izuku away from him, It seems like Hitoshi would do the same.

He clench his fist and tried to calm down. The treatment to him and Hitoshi is really obvious.

Mikumo is more friendly to Hitoshi than him. He can't help but to feel jealous even if he had no rights as Mikumo wasn't even his. Let alone like him.

Katsuki taunt himself.

"Its your fault. You kill his twin. Of course he wouldn't like you! You should be glad that he even help you to train. And its all thanks to the person you kill. Without him, you wouldn't be able to even talk to him. You should be contented to what you have!'" Katsuki remind himself.

--*--

That night, Izuku went into deep sleep. But his senses are driving him crazy, its like he was being pulled by something.

He couldn't sense anything anymore when he is a light sleeper because of his training under Aizawa. One of them are making sure he is alerted all the time.

Suddenly, he got inside the void, he couldn't see anything other than the ground he standing.

Suddenly, he saw Katsuki who was "sleeping" in a throne like chair. He was covered with black with orange linings. He suddenly had a feeling that he was inside One For All.

"You! What are you doing here? How?" He suddenly see a giant bald guy. Izuku just use his quirk and he immediately knew its Daigoro Banjo, the fifth user of One For All.

"I should be asking you that question because clearly, I am being pulled inside this void," Izuku said with dead pan look. Suddenly, Banjo realize and awkwardly laugh.

"Right... How would an ordinary person knew about OFA. Anyway, why not we ask First? He might know one or two," Banjo said. Izuku clearly knew that Banjo is changing the subject. Izuku just didn't bother to point it out.

Upon observing the place, Izuku could feel that the void seems to be in unstable state. Like there is an internal problem.

The atmosphere seems to be so tense and too strong if someone weaker than him went inside.

Katsuki wouldn't probably be able to stand this place. Or even move a bit because the people could really choke someone who wasn't ordinary.

"There are still a lot of things we didn't know about OFA huh," Banjo commented. He's been observing Izuku since they started to walk. And the fact that Izuku is walking casually without any struggle baffled him.

"How come you didn't know that OFA was once offered to me? Or the fact that I'm currently training the ninth holder? Didn't you all have some sort of control to the holder of the Quirk?" Izuku bluntly ask. It suddenly stop Banjo from walking and look to Izuku with widen eyes.

"Wait are you sure?" Banjo ask and Izuku nodded.

"And the fact that you can't sense that I am AFO's descendant also baffles me," Izuku thought as he look to Banjo.

"Well... Lets go with the other holder first to talk about this. This is really a big news," Banjo mutter. He sigh and scratch his head when they reach the portal like smoke.

"Well... Just a few notice... There had been a tension inside since Ninth hold the OFA. So prepare as you might not be able to handle it," Banjo said with a sheepish smile.

"There is 70% chance that it was because of Katsuki's past. This will take long," Izuku thought and enter the realm where the Seven user is.

--*--

I'm in rural place (in vacation) for 4 days so signal was really slow. Im glad 😭 I finally finish this chapter. Toodles

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.3K 1.3K 19
no quirks au it's not a omega verse hi my name is izuku midoriya and I belong in a world where there is people that are half animal half human which...
451K 21.1K 51
"what's wrong Kacchan? Your quirk not working the way you want it to..?" Izuku Midoriya, an "average" teen. You'd expect nothing to be wrong with him...
12K 469 30
Izuku Midoriya was never liked. As a kid, he was ostracized and left out of everything. All he wanted to do was play. He was bullied, ignored and be...
8.8K 340 16
What would happen, if Izuku really did what Katsuki told him to? Would anybody actually care that he was 'dead'? This generation lives in a world whe...