MY CARELESS MOTHER

By BaeSuzie101

A mother should always be an angel to her kids no matter what but Davina never felt the love of her mother be... More

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

9 3 0
By BaeSuzie101

"What?" Amber frowned as Bella showed up at her office again.

"He left." She said simply, a depressed look on her face.

"Neil?"

"He was just using me all this while. I can't believe this."

"Come here." She pulled her in for a hug. "It's going to be okay honey."

"How? I'm all alone again. How is it going to be alright?"

"You're not alone. You have me, and you have Davina."

"She's never going to want to see me again, not after the way I acted."

"That's not true Bella, your sister loves you and I'm sure she'll forgive you if you apologize."

"Will you help me talk to her?"

"Why? Because you're actually sorry or because you don't want to be alone?"

"Isn't it the same thing?"

"No. Until you actually learn to see the errors of your ways Bella, there's no one that can help you. Can't you see that?"

"But-"

"Just do what I say and you'll be okay."

"Okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bella had been trying to reach Davina for the last three days but she refused to answer her calls, though Bella couldn't blame her.

After trying her number a couple of times, she decided to go to their house and speak to her in person.

"What are you doing here?" Adrian was the one who answered the door and he did not look happy to see her.

"Heyy in law, how's it going?" She smiled awkwardly at his frowning face.

"How's it going? Are you serious?"

"Look, I know I acted like a jerk-"

"I'm sorry Bella, but I'm not interested in hearing your redemption speech. Just tell me what you want."

"Okay. I want to see my sister."

"Not sure I follow." He crossed his arms.

"My sister, the one that lives with you?"

"Nope. Still don't know who you're talking about."

"What?" Was he toying with her?! Well she wasn't finding his joke funny at all. "I want to see Davina!"

"Oh you want to see my wife." He said and she rolled her eyes.

"Yes."

"She's not home now, come back later." He tried to shut the door but she put her foot there, a move she regretted almost immediately.

"Ouch!" She cried out as the door came in contact with her foot that was barely protected with the sandals she had on.

"Why did you do that?" He asked but his voice didn't hold any concern for her, neither did his face. He just had that disappointed frown that a parent would have when their child did something bad.

"Adrian please, I really need to talk to her."

"Later." He replied dryly.

"Look, I'm sorry. I was a terrible sister to your wife and I know that now. Please just let me see her."

Adrian sighed and folded his arms across his chest but his expression softened. "You still have to come back later. She went out with the boys and won't be back till later."

"Oh, can I come back tomorrow?"

"Sure. But if you hurt her again, I will personally have you arrested. And I mean it this time."

"Got it. Thanks."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey sis,"

"Nope." Davina was going to shut the door at Bella but she stopped her, without using her foot this time.

"I want to talk to you."

"I'm not doing this with you again Bella. I'm sick of it."

"Please Davina, just listen to me."

"No, I don't have to and I don't want to. Every time I do, you hurt my feelings and then you go off doing whatever and I'm left here worrying about you day and night.

Do you know how high my blood pressure got? All because I was worrying about someone who didn't even care."

"No, I do care."

"You didn't even stop by to see me at the hospital. Same thing when I lost my bab–" Davina hated remembering what happened. She kept blaming herself for going to Bella's apartment that day.

"I'm sorry. I was a bitch, I know and I can't take back all the things I've said and done but I can do better...if you let me."

"That's the problem Bella, I don't...I don't think I want to let you. I was so desperate to have you in my life, to gave you as my sister once again, but...now I just don't know.

I'm scared, scared that you'll hurt me again."

"I won't, I already learnt my mistakes."

"Have you? Or are you here because you need something from me?

I'm sorry Bella but, I should go."

"He left!" She blurted out, trying to hold back her tears.

"I tried to warn you sis, but you didn't listen."

"So you want to mock me now?"

"A heartbreak is never a good thing to experience so I can't mock you."

"I need my sister now more than ever Davina."

"I want to help you...but I can't. Please just give me time to think. I'm sorry."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey honey, how are you holding up?"

"I want to believe her but...I'm scared. What's if its all fake again?"

"I don't think it is. You know I told you she was here yesterday, she seemed kind of legit this time."

"Are you sure?"

"Hmm hm. I'm the one who told you to take a vacation from her and now I'm also the one telling you she's not lying."

"So if it turns out that she is, I should never trust you again?"

"Whoa whoa, that wasn't what I meant. I'm just saying, if you want to, I think we can give her one more chance."

"I know honey, I guess I should call her."

"Yeah, Probably."

"Thanks."

"You don't have to thank me, just doing my job as a cool husband."

She chuckled slightly and he kissed her. "Now, I'll be in the kitchen if you need me. Cool husband needs a snack."

After he left, she dialed Bella's number and was surprised that she answered on the first ring. "Hi,"

"Hi."

"I thought about what you said."

"And..?"

"I guess it wouldn't be such an awful idea to trust you again. I mean, it's just us two that's left so we should stick together, right?"

"Right. I promise you won't regret this."

"I hope I don't."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 47.2K 47
❝I know love can be as pointless as it is to Nancy, and perhaps even as revolting as it is to Bill Sikes, but for me, I don't think it would be half...
236K 7.8K 23
Davina smith meaning beloved but She didn't have happy childhood.... Now she is forced to marry him... To be honest she is sold... Will her life chan...
18K 569 32
"I'm sorry Luna," I said, with the little bit of respect I could muster and slightly bowed my head. "But I can't simply forgive you. You're still thi...
18.5K 617 18
Quinn and rose are not in love couple infact their marriage was arrange for their father's companies but they were spending a happy life with their...