Our Story • glee

By TrueAlpha11x

Blake Henley tries to navigate her way through high school. All she knows is that one day she wants to be on... More

✨Introductions✨
Pilot 1x01
Showmance 1x02
Acafellas 1x03
Preggers 1x04
The Rhodes Not Taken 1x05
Vitamin D 1x06
Throwdown 1x07
Mash-up 1x08
Wheels 1x09
Ballad 1x10
Hairography 1x11
Mattress 1x12
Sectionals 1x13
Hell-O 1x14
The Power Of Madonna 1x15
Home 1x16
Bad Reputation 1x17
Laryngitis 1x18
Dream On 1x19
Theatricality 1x20
Funk 1x21
Journey to Regionals 1x22
Season 2
Audition 2x01
Grilled Cheesus 2x03
Duets 2x04
The Rocky Horror Glee Show 2x05
Never Been Kissed 2x06
The Substitute 2x07
Furt 2x08
Special Education 2x09
A Very Glee Christmas 2x10
The Sue Sylvester Shuffle 2x11
Silly Love Songs 2x12
Comeback 2x13
Blame It On The Alcohol 2x14
Sexy 2x15
Original Song 2x16
Night Of Neglect 2x17
Born This Way 2x18
Rumours 2x19
Prom Queen 2x20
Funeral 2x21
New York 2x22
Season 3
The Purple Piano Project 3x01
I Am Unicorn 3x02
Asian F 3x03
Pot O' Gold 3x04
The First Time 3x05
Mash-Off 3x06
I Kissed A Girl 3x07
Hold On To Sixteen 3x08
Extraordinary Merry Christmas 3x09
Yes/No 3x10
Michael 3x11
The Spanish Teacher 3x12
Heart 3x13
On My Way 3x14
Big Brother 3x15
Saturday Night Glee-Ver 3x16
Dance With Somebody 3x17
Choke 3x18
Prom-Asaurus 3x19
Props 3x20
Nationals 3x21
Goodbye 3x22
Season 4
The New Blake 4x01
Britney 2.0 4x02
Makeover 4x03
The Break-Up 4x04
The Role You Were Born To Play 4x05
Glease 4x06
Dynamic Duets 4x07
Thanksgiving 4x08
Swan Song 4x09
Glee, Actually 4x10
Sadie Hawkins 4x11
Naked 4x12
Diva 4x13
I Do 4x14
Girls (And Boys) On Film 4x15
Feud 4x16
Guilty Pleasures 4x17
Shooting Star 4x18
Sweet Dreams 4x19
Lights Out 4x20
Wonder-Ful 4x21
All or Nothing 4x22
Season 5
Love, Love, Love 5x01

Britney/Brittany 2x02

1.1K 33 104
By TrueAlpha11x

     "Mom?!" Blake exclaims. Not believing that the woman who completely abandoned her family is standing at their house.

"Hi honey." Her mom smiles.

Blake looks at her mother in disbelief, not able to say a word to the woman in front of her who has become a complete stranger. Derek noticing Blake's change in demeanor, steps forward to protect his sister.

"What are you doing here?" He asks coldly.

"Oh Der bear." Their mother cooes, "You look just like your father." She says coming closer to the boy.

Derek puts his hand out to stop her, "What are you doing here?" He repeats.

"Is it a crime to come and see my children?" She asks innocently.

"It is when we haven't seen you in years." Derek looks at his moms angrily.

"Der-" Their mom tries.

He glares, "It's Derek to you."

"Alright." Venus nods, "Derek, can I come in?"

"No." He shakes his head, "Absolutely no-"

"Let her." Blake mumbles.

"What?" Derek looks at his sister with wide eyes. "Blake, she left us! I'm not just gonna let her into our house."

"I know." She nods, numbly. "She can talk to dad when he gets home."

Blake takes her brother's arm and guides him away from the door. Venus follows her two children into the house, "Thank you Blake." She smiles.

"I didn't do it to be nice." Blake points out, "Obviously you're here for a reason other than seeing your children, so we'll let you make whatever transaction you need to and then you can leave us alone."

"Oh baby, I'm not here to make a transaction." She shakes her head, "I miss you. Both of you."

"You miss us?" Blake scoffs, "You miss us?" She laughs humorlessly. "That's bullshit! If you missed us you wouldn't have stopped talking to us! You wouldn't have left us in the first place." Blake snaps.

The woman tries to step closer to Blake, "Honey-"

"Don't." Blake puts her hand up. "You never acted like a mom before, don't start now."

Suddenly the door to the house swings open, "Kids, I'm home!" Aaron yells, walking into his living room. The poor man stops dead in his tracks, "Venus?"

"Hi Aaron." She smiles softly, "You look good." She nods.

"Thanks." He says skeptically, "What are you doing in my house?"

"I was in town." She admits, "I wanted to see how you all were doing."

"Just out of the blue?" Aaron shrugs, "No call? Nothing?"

"I figured you wouldn't have a problem with it, seeing as you begged me to come back and see them for months." She shrugs.

"That was years ago Venus." He shakes his head, "We've moved on."

"Well they're my kids too Aaron. I'm entitled to see them."  She counters.

"No offense, but don't you think you lost that right the second you walked out on us?" Derek crossed his arms.

Venus sighs, "I know what I did was wrong." She admits. "I can see that now. But you have to believe me, I've changed. I truly have. I know now that I'm meant to be here, taking care of my two beautiful children."

"You're not though." Blake shakes her head, "Real mothers wouldn't abandon their children. They wouldn't abandon their husbands. Even if you weren't happy, you still could've called but you didn't." Blake glares at her mother angrily.

"I know." Venus nods, "And I've regretted that every single day since I left."

"Then why did you never change it?" Blake shrugs, "If you felt so guilty then why didn't you make any effort to reach out?"

"I just didn't think you'd want to see me."

"Well why would you think that changed then?" Blake snaps, "We didn't need you then and we certainly don't need you now."

"Blake." Aaron scolds.

"No Aaron. She's right." Venus admits, "I wasn't here. You guys have learned how to navigate life without me." She says, looking at her children sadly. "But I'm back for the long haul." She nods, "I'll find a way to fit into your guys' equation."

"Unbelievable." Blake scoffs. "I'm going to bed." Blake shakes her head, and makes her way towards the stairs.

"I'm gonna go with her." Derek nods.

"Alright." Aaron says softly. "Goodnight guys, I love you."

"Love you too." Both children mutter.

"I love you both." Venus yells.

Neither kids even acknowledge what their mother said. They both continue their journey upstairs, slamming their doors as they enter their bedrooms.

           ╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

     "Alright." Mr. Schue claps, "Who can tell me who Christopher Cross is?"

"He discovered America." Brittany answers.

Blake would normally find Brittany's response hilarious, but ever since last night she hasn't exactly been in the most laughing mood. She sits in the back of the classroom, slouching in her chair. The bags under her eyes are pretty evident due to the lack of sleep she got, knowing her father allowed her mother to sleep in their house.

"Close." Mr. Schue nods, slightly concerned by the blonde's answer. "He did write an iconic
chart topper: 'Sailing.'"

"I have a bad feeling about this lesson." Kurt shakes his head.

"Never heard of him, don't want to hear about him." Tina shrugs.

Mr. Schue ignores the student's concerns, "Now some people think of the term 'Easy Listening' as a bad thing. But I'm going to let this music speak for itself. You guys love Lady Gaga and the Rolling Stones... and you guys are really good about putting it all out there. But really good music can also be controlled, and restrained. It doesn't have to attack an audience, it can let them come to you." He explains.

"Yeah, or it can put them to sleep." Blake counters, grimacing at the sheet music.

"How could you get caught between the moon
and New York City?" Finn asks, confused. "They're like a hundred miles apart."

"It's a song hun." Blake points out, slightly condescending.

"Don't call my boyfriend hun." Rachel snaps.

"She calls everyone hun." Quinn says, looking back at the girl.

Blake sends a sarcastic smile over to Rachel, and gives Quinn a small thank you for defending her. "Mr. Shue? If I may." Kurt says, raising his hand.

Mr. Schue nods, and Kurt continues. "I think I speak for all of us when I say it's not that we don't love the idea of spending a week on this silky smooth Adult Contemporary,"

"Oh no, I hate it." Blake jumps in.

Kurt laughs slightly, "It's just that, as teens,
this isn't the easiest music for us to relate to. However, there is a burgeoning Facebook campaign that has swelled to over five members.
The ardent demand: That this week, at the fall homecoming assembly, the McKinley High School
Glee Club performs a number by...Wait for it..." He smiles excitedly, "Ms. Britney Spears."

The club all gives the suggestion murmurs of agreement, and Artie nods, "Spears is fierce yo."

Mr. Schue shakes his head, trying to speak up over the loudness of his students, "Sorry, Kurt,
Kurt, sorry. No, no, no. I don't think she's
a very good role model." He says, looking slightly disgusted at the idea.

"But, Mr. Shue, we kind of grew up with her." Rachel counters.

Tina nods, "She's literally why I wanted to become a performer."

"I literally got into dance because of Britney." Blake adds, "I don't see the problem with performing a song by her."

"I don't want to do Britney." Brittany mumbles.

Everyone looks at the blonde girl confused, "Why no Britney, Brittany?"

"Because my name is also Brittany Spears." She admits.

"What?" Mr. Schue asks, furrowing his brows.

"What the hell is she talking about?" Mercedes looks over to someone for answers.

"My middle name is Susan, my last name is Pierce." She explains, "That makes me
Brittany S. Pierce. Brittany Spierce. I've lived my entire life in Britney Spears' shadow. I will never be as talented or as famous." She says, sadly.  "I hope you'll all respect that I want Glee Club to remain a place where I, Brittany S. Pierce, can escape the torment of Britney Spears." She nods.

"Well, there you have it, guys." Mr. Schue smiles smugly, happy he has a reason to avoid doing Britney. "It's been decided. No Britney. Sorry."

"Thanks Britt." Kurt says sarcastically, "Thanks a lot."

"Leave Brittany alone." Santana defends, comforting the girl next to her.

"Thank you for understanding." Brittany says, looking at the girl next to her. "It's been a hard road."

"Um, can we move on?" Rachel says, over the current topic.

"Yes." Mr. Schue nods, "Let's talk about Michael Bolton."

"I'm gonna run myself over." Blake mumbles, throwing her head back.

             ╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

     "I can't believe Mr. Schue." Kurt shakes his head, "A majority of the club wants to do Britney, and he still won't budge."

"Are you surprised?" Blake raises an eyebrow, "A majority of the club doesn't want Rachel to sing lead on every performance, but here we are."

"True that." Mercedes nods. "Her and Finn are starting to get on my nerves." She shutters, "I saw them making out in the hallway the other day and I needed bleach to make that image go away."

Kurt laughs, but Blake can't seem to bring herself to laugh along with him. Her two friends look at her, noticing her sad demeanor. "Hey," Kurt says softly, "What's going on?"

"Nothing." She mutters.

"Girl don't you start hiding stuff from us." Mercedes scolds, "You have us for a reason, don't hide how you feel."

Blake sighs, "I just had a long night."

"What happened?" Kurt tilts his head.

"It's kind of a lot." She points out, "Are you sure you wanna know?"

Mercedes and Kurt share the same look at each other and look back at Blake. "Spill." They both say.

Blake runs a hand over her face, "My mom's back."

"What?!" Kurt exclaims.

"Like the mom that left you and your family out to dry?" Mercedes says, with raised eyebrows.

"That's the one." Blake nods.

Kurt asks, "Why is she back?"

"According to her it's so she can 'see her children.' But I don't believe it." Blake shakes her head.

"I wouldn't either." Mercedes adds, "Seems a little sketchy if you ask me."

"Yeah, I don't know." Blake sighs, "I just want her to leave already." She chuckles slightly, "She has once, maybe she will again."

Blake looks towards her friends and notices the concerned look on their faces at her inappropriate joke. "What?" She shrugs, "I compensate with dark humor."

Kurt rolls his eyes playfully, "Well if you even need a place to crash, my house is always open."

"Really?"

"For you? Absolutely." He nods, "Plus that would make having a girls night much easier if you just stayed at my house."

The three friends laugh as they continue their way down the hallway.

            ╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

     Blake twirls her hair slightly at the sight of the hot dentist in front of her. She's normally not the type to go for old men, but man did this guy age like fine wine. She's currently sitting in front of Finn and Rachel, ogling the man holding a blue capsule in his hand.

"All right, so here's the deal." He smiles, "You chew this little capsule. Now if there's any plaque you missed, the dye will stick to it and turn your teeth blue."

"Can I just say that you are the hottest dentist I've ever seen?" Santana points out, vocalizing all the girls thoughts.

"I get that all the time." He nods, letting out a breathy laugh.

"No like seriously, you can totally drill me whenever..."

"Santana!" Ms. Pillsbury exclaims uncomfortably, "Okay, let's stay focused.

"Rock n' roll, Emms." The man smiles dreamily, "And besides, this guy..." He says, walking over to Mr. Schue, "now this guy's pretty easy on the eyes too, huh? And you know what? No matter how hard I tried, I bet I couldn't sing and dance like him." He pats the teachers back.

"Uh, probably not." Mr. Schue says cockily while looking over at Ms. Pillsbury. Blake scrunches her nose in digits at the desperation radiating off of her teacher.

"Alright, let's take a look at those chompers, huh?" Carl looks at the students excitedly.

"Before we chew," Kurt interjects, "I would just like to alert Mr. Shue that there's been a new addition
to the Britney Spears Facebook campaign."

"Sorry." Mr. Schue says passive aggressively, "The answer's still no."

"Capsules guys." Carl points out.

"Yes, chew away!" Ms. Pillsbury claps, "Chew, chew."

Blake puts the tiny pill in her mouth, grimacing at the taste. She chews it thoroughly to make sure none of it is left in her mouth. Once she finishes chewing the capsule she smiles, showing off her beautiful pearly white teeth.

She looks behind her when she sees Kurt looking towards Rachel and Finn, "Oh my God!" Kurt exclaims.

Blake looks at Rachel and can't help but let out a laugh at the horrified expression on the girl's face. "What?" She asks, bringing out a mirror. "Ah!" She screams and covers her mouth. "I don't understand.
I floss between classes." She shakes her head.

"Well, sometimes it's genetics." Carl nods.

Artie looks at everyone unsurely, accidentally flashing his blue teeth, "I think I might be better at brushing and flossing if I could see myself in the mirror."

"There you go, blue tooth." Santana smirks at her own joke.

"I don't brush my teeth." Brittany says softly, "I rinse my mouth out with soda after I eat. I was pretty sure Dr. Pepper was a dentist."

Blake gags slightly at the thought of the girl never brushing her teeth. There's one thing Blake can't handle and that's nasty breath.

Ms. Pillsbury looks at the girl disgusted and Carl steps forward, "I got this, Em." He nods, walking over to Brittany, "With some deep bleaching or scaling, you'll be as good as new." He smiles. "All right, open up." He shudders at the girls teeth, "Nah, close." Brittany smiles and he looks back at her, "Close again."

The bell rings and the class makes their way out of the room. Blake throws her backpack over her shoulder and walks out behind Ace and Quinn, smiling at how animated he looks while talking to her. The blonde girl throws her head back in laughter at whatever the boy had said. She continues to watch the couple until someone taps her on the shoulder.

She jumps slightly, flipping around, "Oh my gosh!" She puts a hand over her chest, "Sam, don't do that."

"Sorry." The boy says shyly.

"It's okay." She smiles, "What's up?"

"I just uh, saw you walking and wanted to say hi." He rubs his neck awkwardly.

"Well, hi." She chuckles.

"Hi." He gives her a half smile, "So um, that guy you were watching, do you know him?"

Blake laughs, "He's my friend." She nods. "I saw him talking to one of our mutual friends, and don't tell him but..." She leans into whisper, "I hope he finally grows a pair and asks her out."

Sam laugh, "Oh, I thought you were watching him cause you liked him." He admits.

"No." Blake shakes her head rapidly, "He's not my type. He's like my brother."

"Oh." He smiles, "That's good."

"Yeah." She nods. "So, how's football?"

"It's good." He says, "Coach Bieste is kind of a hardass, but she pushes us to be better."

"She seems like a good coach." Blake smiles, "She was really nice when I talked to her the other day."

"Oh yeah. I heard her talking about that. She said you'd make one hell of a running back." He admits.

Blake looks at him like he's crazy, "What?"

"She saw you running around the track or something." He nods.

"But I'm so," She looks down at herself, "Not built for football."

Sam shrugs, "Just cause you're not burly or muscular doesn't mean you can't play football."

"I can't play football." Blake laughs. "I have zero coordination when it comes to catching balls. The only sport I ever played was volleyball, and I stopped that in middle school." She shrugs.

"Don't knock it till you try it." Sam smiles.

"Unless the entire team quits out of nowhere, I will never play football." Blake jokes.

Sam laughs, "You're fun to talk to."

"You're not so bad yourself Evans." She says, bumping into his shoulder.

            ╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

     Blake leans her head back, not paying to what Mr. Schuester is saying at all. She stares at the roof, counting each ceiling tile above her. As she finally got to the final row someone hits her shoulder, causing her to pay attention.

"...making Christopher Cross a Golden Globe, Oscar, and five-time Grammy Award winner." He explains, and looks over to see Brittany with her hand raised. "Brittany."

"Why would you do that?" Blake whispers.

"Because I want to talk to you." He says, like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

Blake rolls her eyes playfully, "Why? You ignored me all summer.

"I know." He nods, "And that's why I wanted to talk to you." He says, reaching into his pocket. "I'm sorry." He smiles as he presents her with a cherry ring pop.

Blake fake gasps, "Noah, you shouldn't have." She laughs and takes the candy from him, immediately placing it on her finger.

Before Noah could respond Brittany cuts in, "I would just like to say that from now on, I demand to have every solo in Glee Club."

Mr. Schuester looks at the girl confused, "What?"

Blake whips her head over to the blonde, confused. "When I had my teeth cleaned, I had the most amazing Britney Spears fantasy." Brittany explains, "I sang and danced better than her. Now I realize what a powerful woman I truly am."

"I went with her, and I had a Britney fantasy, too." Santana nods, "Although now that I'm thinking about it, I'm not really sure how our fantasies combined." She looks at her friend unsurely. "That doesn't make any sense." She mumbles.

"See, Mr. Shue? I told you." Kurt says, rubbing it in his teacher's face. "Britney Spears busted our Brit out of her everyday, fragmented haze of confusion and gave her the confidence to step up and perform."

"I'm more talented than all of you." Brittany states looking down, "I see that clearly now." She pauses and looks around at her classmates. "It's Brittany, bitch."

Mr. Schue puts his hands up, completely over the topic, "Guys, we're not doing Britney Spears, and that's that."

Kurt sits forward in his seat, frustrated with his teacher. "Mr. Shue, you're letting your
own personal issues get in the way of something that we are all telling you we really want to do. I mean, this club regularly pays tribute to pop culture, and Britney Spears is pop culture! To suggest otherwise is heretical!"

Mr. Schue whips his head around, "Kurt, I'm done talking about this!" He yells at the boy.

"Geez! Let loose a little, would you?! Stop being so frickin' uptight all the time!" Kurt yells back.

Mr. Schue's face goes blank as everyone in the choir room looks at Kurt in shock. "Kurt... I'll see you in the principal's office."

Kurt begins to get up and Blake stands up, grabbing his arm. "Do you want me to go with you?" She whispers.

"No." He shakes his head, "Just wait for me outside so we can leave together after school."

"Okay." She nods, "I love you."

"Love you too."

             ╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

     "That was some grade A horse shit." Blake scoffs. "I can't believe he sent you to the principal's office after he yelled at you."

"It's fine." Kurt shakes his head, "If he wants to have a stick up his ass, that's on him."

"I just think it's stupid. We all genuinely want to do Britney." Blake sighs.

"When do we ever do anything we want to do?" Kurt asks, as the two approach Blake's house.

"Yeah." She laughs, "Never when it comes to him."

Blake goes to open her door and immediately goes rigid at the sight in front of her. Her mother is sitting on the couch, reading a newspaper with a cup of coffee in her hand. Blake goes to turn around and leave, but it's too late.

"Blake." Venus calls out, "You're home early." She smiles.

"Yeah." She nods, much more irritated than before. "I have a dentist appointment and I need to get my new patient paperwork."

"Oh." She says brightly, "Well who's taking you?" Venus asks curiously, "You're dad's not home yet."

"I am." Kurt voices from behind her.

Venus immediately gets up at the sight of the boy, "You must be one of Blake's friends." She approaches the boy, and sticks her hand out, "I'm Blake's mother Venus."

Kurt gives Blake a quick side eye as to say 'is this for real?' Blake nods and Kurt shakes her hand. "I'm Kurt Hummel."

"Hummel." Venus mumbles, clearly trying to think. "Oh, I knew your dad in highschool." She laughs, "He was quite the looker back then."

"Yeah," Kurt smiles, "Well he's bald and taken now so."

Venus nods awkwardly, "Well tell him I said hi." She looks over to Blake. "What time do you think you'll be home?"

"Not that it's any of your business, but probably around eight. We're gonna go get dinner." She says, nodding over to Kurt. "So don't wait up."

Venus looks at her daughter sadly. "Alright honey. Have fun. Do you need any money?" She asks, going back to her purse.

"No, I have my own." She shakes her head.

"Oh." The woman says, disappointed. "Well if you need anything just give me a call."

"I don't have your number."

"Right." Venus nods, shaking her head. "Here I'll put it in your phone."

Blake reluctantly hands her mother her phone. Venus quickly types her number into her daughter's phone, feeling terrible about the awkward silence filling the room. "There you go." She smiles.

"Thanks." Blake says, sarcastically. "Let's go." She nods over to Kurt, picking up her paperwork from the table by the door.

The two walk over to Kurt's car, "I could cut that tension with a butter knife."

              ╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

     Blake walks into Carl's dentist office with Kurt, the girl finally looking less tense after the awkward conversation with her mother. She goes over to the receptionist and checks in as Kurt takes a seat in the lobby.

"He'll call you back shortly." The lady nods.

"Thank you."

Blake goes to take a seat next to Kurt, and starts reading the magazine on the chair next to her. She's in a much better mood now due to the fact that Kurt and her had a sing off in the car. She also appreciates the fact that Kurt didn't bring up the encounter while they were driving to the office. He knew she wasn't in the mood to relive the confrontation, so he decided to cheer her up the only way he knows how.

"Blake Henley." Carl calls out.

Blake looks up and bids her goodbye to Kurt. She walks over to the dentist, and he looks at her confused, "What are you doing here? Your teeth are perfect." He points out.

"It's time for my six month cleaning." She shrugs, "I figured I would go to you instead of my normal dentist."

"Why?"

"I've been seeing my normal dentist since I was four." She says bluntly, "And they still try to make me pick a sticker after every visit."

"I see why you came to me." He nods, "Let's get those teeth cleaned."

He guides Blake into the back room, where she takes a seat on the chair in the middle of the room. "Do you mind if I get a bleaching too?" Blake asks curiously, "I feel like my teeth are getting a bit discolored."

"What is with you glee kids and anesthesia?" He mutters.

"What?" The girl asks.

"Nothing." He shakes his head, "Sure, I can definitely do that."

"Awesome." She smiles.

Carl grabs a mask and brings it over to Blake's face, "Just sit back and relax, this won't hurt a bit."

He puts the mask on her face, and Blake quickly falls under, the anesthesia taking effect immediately. The girl's eyes open, taking a look at her surroundings.

"What the hell?" She mutters.

One second Carl is in front of her the next she's standing in what seems to be a Circus set up. She looks down and notices her body is covered in a lion tamer's outfit.

"Damn, I look good." She nods.

Out of nowhere music begins to play, and although Blake is confused as all get out, she can't help but feel the urge to sing.

There's only two types of people in the world:
The ones that entertain, and the ones that observe
Well, baby, I'm a put on-a-show kind of girl
Don't like the back seat, gotta be first

The girl steps forward, flipping the baton in her hand. She walks around the empty platform in front of her, where she assumes the lion is supposed to be.

I'm like the ring leader, I call the shots
I'm like a firecracker I make it hot
When I put on a show

I feel the adrenaline moving through my veins
Spotlight on me and I'm ready to break
I'm like a performer, the dance floor is my stage
Better be ready, hope that you feel the same

She stands on top of the platform, getting ready to do the choreography she has no idea how she knows.

All eyes on me in the center of the ring just like a circus
When I crack that whip everybody gon' trip just like a circus
Don't stand there watching me, follow me, show me what you can do
Everybody let go, we can make a dance floor just like a circus

Blake does a full body roll and looks out towards the seemingly empty audience, enticing them to watch her. She knows this seems crazy, but she's actually kind of enjoying this.

There's only two types of guys out there
Ones that can hang with me and ones that are scared
So, baby, I hope that you came prepared
I run a tight ship so beware

Suddenly Finn and Jesse appear in front of her. The brunette approaches Jesse and runs her finger down his chest, but before long she turns around. She walks over to Finn, pulling him by the shirt towards her when singing 'one's that are scared.' Both boys seem to be entranced by the girl as she reaches up and is pulled into the sky by a silk rope.

I'm like the ring leader, I call the shots
(Call the shots)
I'm like a firecracker I make it hot
When I put on a show

She sings as she hangs upside down from the rope. She expertly maneuvers herself on the rope, managing to do all kinds of crazy aerial tricks. She runs her hand up her arm as she stares down at the two boys.

I feel the adrenaline moving through my veins
Spotlight on me and I'm ready to break
I'm like a performer, the dance floor is my stage
Better be ready, hope that you feel the same

She winks and rolls down the rope, managing to land gracefully on the floor. Now, a whip has appeared in her hands. She hears a loud roar behind her and where the empty platform stood is now a full grown lion. The two boys look at the creature in fear, and Blake rolls her eyes.

All eyes on me in the center of the ring just like a circus
When I crack that whip everybody gon' trip just like a circus
Don't stand there watching me, follow me, show me what you can do
Everybody let go, we can make a dance floor just like a circus

The girl takes on the lion with no fear in her eyes. She approaches the beast and has no problem taking it on. He tries to charge at her, but to no avail. Blake's odd skill with a whip and good looks in her fishnet leggings were no match for the poor thing.

Let's go
Let me see what you can do
I'm runnin' this like-like-like a circus
Yeah, like a what? Like-like-like a circus

All eyes on me in the center of the ring just like a circus
When I crack that whip everybody gon' trip just like a circus
Don't stand there watching me, follow me, show me what you can do
Everybody let go, we can make a dance floor just like a circus

As she finishes the song she turns around and is faced with the admiring eyes of the boy she knows she wants to be with. He walks up to her, cupping her face in his hands. The two lean in, trying to make their lips meet, but a loud booming voice echoes around them, preventing the kiss.

"Blake! Blake!"

"Huh?" The girl looks around.

"BLAKE!"

"AHH!" The girl screams as she wakes up and is blinded by a bright light.

"Woah, kid. Calm down." Carl soothes, "You're alright. You just struggled a little coming out of the anesthesia."

Blake's vision adjusts and she looks over to the smiling dentist. She groans and puts her hand over her face, "You woke me at the best part."

Carl furrows his eyebrows, "You glee kids are terrible to work with." He says, smiling slightly, "You constantly move while you're under."

"I'll take a cheeseburger and strawberry shake please." The poor brunette mutters.

"Maybe another time kiddo."

              ╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

     Blake walks down the hallways of McKinley high with a new pep in her step. And not only that, a new look. Don't get her wrong, her fashion sense has always been good. But after seeing herself in that Britney fantasy, she knew she was capable of so much more.

She struts down the hallway in her small red skirt, wiping imaginary dirt off of it. The brunette adjusts the lollipop that's resting in her mouth and smirks when she sees the attention she's getting from the people who occupy the hallway.

Out of nowhere she feels a jacket wrap around her shoulders, "Hey, take my hoodie." Finn says, quickly placing the jacket onto the girl. "You look cold."

"I'm okay." Blake shakes her head, "Thanks though." She smiles.

Finn gives her a pointed look, "Take it." He commands.

"Shouldn't you be giving that to Rachel?" Blake raises an eyebrow.

His eyes widen, "She's not cold." He says, making up an excuse.

"Well neither am I." She counters, pushing the jacket back towards him.

"Are you sure?" He asks, looking her up and down.

"What?" She scoffs, "You don't like how I look?"

Finn sighs exasperated, "Don't you think it's a bit much?" He says, walking down the hallway with her. "I mean, I think that guy just broke up with his girlfriend just so he could stare at you."

"And that concerns you because...?" She looks at him expectantly.

"You're my friend." He points out, "I don't like guys staring at you like you're a piece of meat." He says, getting uncomfortable at the thought.

"Ooh, baby, you can hit me as many times
as you want as long as you got that on." Azimio smirks, checking her out as he walks by.

"How come all the gay guys always get the hottest chicks?" Karofsky scoffs.

Blake pulls the lollipop out of her mouth, and looks at the two football players, "It's funny you say that Karofsky cause I haven't seen you with a hot chick ever." The girl counters, holding her lollipop in her hand. "Oh, and Azimio," She smirks at the boy, "If you don't want to be blind for the rest of your life, I suggest you keep your eyeballs in your head, Kay?" She smiles sarcastically.

She begins to walk away and Finn looks at her even more upset, "You see what I'm talking about? They're personifying you."

"Objectifying." Blake corrects, pointing her lollipop at him. "And I can take care of myself."

"Whatever!" Finn exclaims, "Look you said you'd do anything to make it up to me for you leaving last year. If you really want to do that, please go back to your old clothes." He begs.

"I don't understand why this is affecting you so much." Blake looks at him.

"I just don't want you to change okay?" He admits, "You're perfect just the way you are." The boy gazes at the girl softly.

"Finn," Blake sighs, "I get where you're coming from. But me changing my style isn't changing who I am." She shakes her head. "If I'm perfect the way I am, then you should be able to accept this. You can't control me."

Finn goes to continue fighting, but the look on the girl's face makes him stop, he nods in defeat, "I know I can't control you." He smiles slightly, "You've made it plenty clear that you can take care of yourself. But just do me a favor? Take the hoodie." He pushes the hoodie over to the girl.

She looks down at his hand and nods, "Okay." She smiles, "Thank you."

"And you let me know if anyone tries anything." He says, seriously. "I'll kill 'em."

Blake laughs, "You'll be the first one I tell. Don't worry, you're still my knight in shining armor."

Blake begins to walk away and Finn can't help but watch after the girl, smiling at the fact he's still her hero.

             ╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

     "Damn Henley." Santana calls out as Blake walks into the room. "I'm digging your new look."

"Thanks babes." Blake winks. "I just thought I'd try something new." She says, spinning around in her outfit.

Kurt looks over at Mr. Schue, "I think what Santana is trying to say, Blake,  though I risk expulsion by saying so," Blake laughs slightly at the boy's dig towards his teacher, "is that it seems Britney Spears has really helped you blossom." Mr. Schue gives Kurt a pointed look, causing him to sit back slightly. "That's all."

"Wait. Blake, is that true?" He asks looking at the girl, "I mean, you are sort of dressing differently."

"Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy..." Artie says, moving his hands up and down.

"Hey, hey." Finn leans forward in his seat next to Rachel, blocking his view of Blake.

Blake laughs at Artie and nods her head, "Look, all I know is that I had a very vivid Britney Spears
fantasy at the dentist, and since then, it's made me feel free to get out of my own way." She nods, "I know I had good style before, but I never actually dressed to impress myself. It's always been for other people. I just finally feel at home enough in my own skin to wear what I want for me, not for someone else. And maybe that's a good thing." She explains.

"It's such a good thing. I can't believe it." Brittany says, staring at Blake with a smile on her face.

"William." Sue walks in, "A word."

The bell rings overhead, signaling for the rest of the club to go. Blake starts walking out of the choir room, when Noah comes up beside her. "You look good." He nods.

"Thank you." She smiles, "I appreciate the compliment.

"I do kinda miss your old clothes though." He admits.

"Why?" Blake scrunches her eyebrows, "I thought you'd prefer this over anything." She says, looking down at her outfit.

"Maybe on another basic chick, but not on you." He shakes his head, "Don't get me wrong, you're pulling it off, but you're special." He says, "There's just something about you that doesn't need all of the glitz and glamor of fashion to make you pretty. You just are."

Blake smiles lightly, "Don't be going all soft on me Puckerman."

"I'm not." He puts his hands up, "I just wanted to let you know that. That's all."

Blake looks at the boy, and simply pulls him in for a hug. "Thank you." She mumbles.

"I know you're dressing to impress yourself, but don't forget that what you already wear should impress you enough."

            ╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

     Quinn looks at Artie and Finn confused, "I was pretty sure Artie's legs don't work."

"Did you get a leg transplant?" Brittany asks genuinely.

"Nope." Artie smiles, "My teammates can push my chair like a battering ram."

Finn nods, "Yeah, there's no rules against it. We checked."

"And I have Britney Spears to thank." Artie says.

"You're welcome." Brittany smiles, fidgeting with her hair.

"Britney plus nitrous gave me an amazing idea, and it gave me the nerve to tell Coach Beiste that Finn and I both really want to be on the team." The boy explains.

"Wait, you're back on the football team?" Rachel and Blake ask at the same time. Blake clearly the more excited one out of the two.

"Yeah." Finn nods, lightly smiling at Blake.

"Oh my gosh!" Blake exclaims, "Congratulations." She says, getting up and hugging both Finn and Artie. "That's amazing."

"Yeah, and actually Coach Bieste said we had you to thank." Finn admits, "She said without you, she wouldn't have even reconsidered letting us on the team." He looks over to Artie, both boys sharing a look. "She also wanted me to ask you if you were interested in being the team manager."

"Wait, what?" Blake smiles, "Are you serious?" Finn nods, chuckling at her excitement. "Yes!" She exclaims, "Absolutely."

"Wait. I don't get it." Puck says, confused. "How come everyone's having Britney Spears fantasies?"

"The nitrous oxide dentists use is a mild hallucinogen. Studies have proven that it induces vivid dreams, often the last thing the patient thinks of." Artie explains, "The subconscious moves to the forefront. Since we've all been thinking so much about Britney, it only stands to reason."

Mr. Schue enters the room with his satchel and looks at his students. "Okay, guys, listen up."

"Mr. Schue, if I may?" Kurt tries to get out.

"Kurt, I overheard what you guys were just talking about, and I know what you're going to say. The answer is no." The group slightly deflated, expecting this answer from the teacher. "No, I'm not going to stand in the way anymore." Everyone perks up, suddenly interested in what the teacher has to say. "If you guys want to do Britney at this year's homecoming assembly, I'm fine with it."

Everyone starts clapping and cheering, "Finally!" Blake laughs.

"I know." The teacher chuckles, "Oh...And more than that, I am going to perform with you." The entire class falls silent, giving their teacher a questionable look.

"Right?" He laughs, smiling.

"Wrong." Blake shakes her head.

            ╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

     Later that day Blake makes her way down to the boys locker room. Coach Bieste had specifically requested her presence at today's practice so she could introduce herself to the guys on the team. Blake is actually grateful for the opportunity. The more people involved in glee who are also involved in football, the better.

As she gets closer to the door, a very upset looking Rachel Berry walks out. "Hey, Rachel. Are you okay?" Blake asks.

Rachel gives her a curt nod, "Fine. Congrats on your position as team manager."

"Thanks." Blake smiles, "I'm very-"

"Just don't expect Finn to stay on the team for much longer." Rachel cuts her off, and walks away.

Blake stands in the hallway with wide eyes, "O-Kay..."

She walks into the room and notices Finn is still getting ready, and that he has the same upset look on his face that Rachel did. "Hey." Blake says, "I just ran into Rachel. She didn't look very happy." Blake admits.

"Yeah." Finn sighs, "She wants me to choose between her and football." He says, putting on his jersey.

"Well, the jersey's a good sign." She chuckles.

He laughs back, "Yeah. I just don't think it's fair she's trying to control me ya know?"

"You mean what you did to me?" She smirks, raising an eyebrow.

Finn's eyes widen, feeling terrible now that he knows how it feels. "I'm so sorry-"

"Finn," She smiles, "I'm kidding."

"Oh." He says, giving her a small smile. "I see you changed back to your old clothes."

Blake nods, "I figured it wouldn't be a good idea to help coach a bunch of hormonal teenage boys in a short skirt." She jokes, "I also realized I kind of missed my old clothes. Much more fitting." She smiles.

"I agree." He nods, "I kind of missed your basketball shorts."

"Me too." The girl nods rapidly. "Skirts are not my thing."

"I think you can pull off anything." He smiles.

Blake looks up at the boy, admiring his features. "Thank you." She nods. "Oh, and I agree with you. Rachel shouldn't be giving you an ultimatum. If you want to be with her and play football you should be able to." Blake shrugs, "If she's that insecure then maybe she should reflect on her problems, not on you."

"You're like, really smart you know that?" Finn smiles.

"What do you mean?" She tilts her head.

"You just always know what to say, and it always makes sense. You're not afraid to speak your mind." He looks at the girl, "You're actually the reason I'm able to make any of my decisions." He laughs, "Sometimes I literally sit there and ask 'what would Blake say?'"

Blake's heart rate picks up at the boy's words, and she smiles. "Really?"

"Yeah." He nods, "You're awesome."

The two sit in a comfortable yet tension filled silence, both staring into each others eyes. Before things can possibly get worse, Blake clears her throat.

"I'm not gonna be awesome in the next couple minutes." She smirks, "Coach Bieste and I decided that the last person out on the field runs an extra three laps."

"No." Finn shakes his head.

"Oh yeah." She smiles.

The girl immediately takes off running towards the football field, Finn trailing behind her. "How are you so fast?" He yells.

"I got long legs Hudson and I know how to use 'em." She laughs.

The two make it out to the field and Coach Bieste can't help but smile at the two. "Hudson, Henley! You're late." She crosses her arms, still a small grin on her face.

"Sorry Coach." Blake apologizes, "It's my fault. Had to mess with him before practice." She says, punching the boy's arm.

"It's alright." She nods. "Get out there Hudson! You're lucky she took the blame or your ass would be running laps." The Coach yells, pretending to be serious.

"Yes, Coach." Finn nods, fear taking over his face as he runs out onto the field.

"You ready little missy?" The coach looks down at her.

"Ready as I'll ever be." She nods.

Coach Bieste smiles at the girl, "Here. Use it to get those idiots' attention." She refers to the boys.

Blake looks down and sees a bright red whistle in the coach's hand. The girl smiles, not believing the power being handed to her. "Seriously?"

"Oh Dixie Chicks serious." The Coach nods.

"Thank you." Blake says, grabbing the whistle.

"Give it a spin." The coach nods.

Blake smirks and brings the whistle up to her lips. The loud chirp echoes across the field, getting the players attention. "Alright asshats let's start with suicide sprints!"

             ╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

     Blake stands behind the curtains with the rest of her classmates, getting slight deja-vu from their performance "Push it." Blake shutters at the thought. She hasn't been able to listen to that song since.

"You ready for this?" Ace comes up to the girl.

"Wow, so he speaks." Blake teases, "I didn't think you talked to anyone besides Quinn anymore."

Ace sighs, "I'm sorry. It's just... really nice talking to her." He smiles, "You know we actually hung out over the summer? Like a lot." He admits. "Her mom invited me to a family dinner with them this weekend."

"Reallyl?" Blake smiles, "That's amazing, Ace."

"I know." He nods, "I feel like I'm finally making progress."

"I'm happy for you." She smiles.

"What about you?" He asks, "How have you been since the whole Jesse thing?"

"I've been okay." Blake nods, "My mom's back, so that's weird."

"What?! Like the mom that abandoned you and your brother? That mom?"

"Bingo." She rolls her eyes. "But it's hard because all she's done since getting back is be nice. So I'm trying to be mad, but I can't." She groans frustrated.

"Maybe you should give her a chance." He nods, "I know what she did is unforgivable, but if she is trying to make amends maybe you should let her make it up to you."

"I know." She sighs, "I'll try." She stares out numbly, "Even if it sucks." The brunette closes her eyes, trying to hold back tears.

Ace wraps his arms around her, knowing how rough this journey has been for her. Suddenly he feels a small tap on his shoulder.

"Is she okay?" Quinn asks quietly.

Ace simply shakes his head and Quinn quickly joins the hug, holding the girl tightly. Blake chuckles through her tears, "I feel like a third wheel."

The three separate and Ace gives Blake a hard glare. She looks over to Quinn and sees her blushing slightly. 'Sorry' she mouths towards Ace.

Suddenly Principal Figgins voice rings out of the terrible sound system, causing Blake to cringe at the feedback coming from the mic. "Quiet, please, children. Quiet now. First, students who ate the ravioli today and are not up-to-date on their tetanus shots should see the nurse immediately." He addresses, making Blake look around at her friends, confused as to how this school is even still open. "Welcome to our homecoming pep assembly. Because of last week's grisly train derailment, the dulcimer club is on hiatus until further notice. But do we ever have a treat for you." He announces in the most monotone voice ever, "Fresh off their last place finish at the Regionals, please give it up
for the New Directions!"

[Brittany & Rachel]
Baby, can't you see
I'm calling
A guy like you should wear a warning
You're dangerous
I'm loving it

Blake smiles at Brittany, happy she's finally getting a solo, but her smile is quickly wiped off of her face when she hears Jacob Ben Israel yell, "I love Britney Spears!"

[Mr. Schuester]
Too high
Can't come down
Losin' my head spinnin' 'round and 'round
Do you feel me now

"I wanna be that hat!" A girl Blake recognized as Lauren Zizes yells towards Mr. Schuester. Blake cringes at the idea, but quickly brushes it off.

Blake stands next to the Unholy Trinity as they get ready to do the group choreography. Blake places her hand on her hat and scoops it into the air along  with everyone else.

[Blake and Santana with New Directions]
With the taste of your lips I'm on a ride
You're toxic I'm slippin' under
With the taste of the poison paradise
I'm addicted to you, don't you know that you're toxic
And I love what you do, don't you know that you're toxic

"Take it off! Yes!"

The four girls drop down low and roll their bodies back up. They put their hats in the air and slowly bring them down towards their body. If Blake is being completely honest, doing this kind of performance with their teacher is a bit unnerving.

[Brittany, Rachel & Mr. Schue]
It's gettin' late
To give you up
I took a sip
From my devil's cup
Slowly, it's taking over me

Blake walks over to Finn who is laying on the ground. She drops her body down on him and bounces right back up again. The girl feels Rachel's eyes staring holes into the back of her head. Blake feels bad, but this is the way the choreography was planned.

[Mr. Schue]
Too high
Can't come down
It's in the air it's all around
Oh can you feel me now?

"Mr Schue, let me be your Britney!"

[Blake and Santana with New Directions]
With the taste of your lips I'm on a ride
You're toxic I'm slippin' under
With the taste of the poison paradise
I'm addicted to you, don't you know that you're toxic

Finn smiles at Blake as she walks in front of him. She drops to the ground and bounces in a squat position, the same way she did onto him earlier. Blake can't help but feel much more comfortable that Finn is the one she's dancing like this in front of. She's very grateful that he isn't making the situation weirder than it already is.

Intoxicate me now
I think I'm ready now
Intoxicate me now
With your loving now
I think I'm ready
I think I'm ready now

As the song finishes a loud alarm blares overhead, causing Blake to jump and slip on the sweat that's on the ground. But before the girl can hit the ground she feels a strong arm grab her. She looks up and sees Finn holding onto her waist, making sure she doesn't fall.

"You okay?"

Blake can only manage a small nod, feeling electricity coursing through her veins at the boy's touch.

"You didn't hurt yourself right?" He asks, looking her over to make sure she's not hurt.

"I'm alright." Blake smiles softly, "The alarm just spooked me."

"Okay." He nods, pulling her up fully.

The girl's hands sit comfortably on the boy's chest as they smile at each other. Most people would find this situation kind of awkward, but Blake finds it comforting. The boy makes her feel safe. No matter how much they've been through, they always seem to find a way back towards each other.

"Finn!" Rachel yells, "Let's go, we need to leave."

Finn looks over his shoulder to his girlfriend and then back towards Blake. "You coming?"

"No." Blake shakes her head. "You go. I'll head out with Puck and Santana."

A wave of disappointment flashes over his face, but is quickly covered up. "Okay." He nods, "I'll see you later."

"See you later." She waves as he makes his way over to his girlfriend.

             ╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

     Blake takes in a deep breath as she approaches her house. The past couple days she's been finding whatever excuse she can not to eat dinner with her family. She's been trying to avoid her mom like the plague, but now she's walking straight into the house where she knows her mother will be.

She opens the door and hears her father's voice, "No Venus, I don't think that's a good idea."

"Please Aaron." The woman begs, "I just want to spend time with my kids."

"Venus, you know how they feel about you right now. They're not going to be okay with this."

"Dad? Mom?" Blake says, bringing their attention to her. "What's going on?"

Aaron nods towards his ex-wife, "She's here now, go ahead and ask."

"Honey," Venus starts, "I was just talking to your dad about maybe taking you and your brother on a small weekend getaway, would you be okay with that?"

Blake looks at her mother for a moment, but then shakes her head. "I don't think that will be a good idea."

Venus visibly deflated, but nods her head in acceptance, "I understand."

"But." Blake adds, causing Venus to look back towards her daughter. "I'm not a complete monster. So, how about we try having dinner tonight?" She says, grabbing onto her mothers hand, "As a family."

Venus looks at her daughter shocked, tears welling in her eyes. "I'd like that." She smiles, "I'd like that very much." The older woman suddenly snaps out of it and looks over at the kitchen, "Oh, what am I gonna make?" She panics slightly as she runs over to the kitchen.

Blake lets out a small laugh at her mother's frantic behavior. She smiles as her dad walks over to her, putting an arm around her. "I'm proud of you kiddo."

Blake nods, "Everyone deserves a second chance."

—————————————————————————
Sorry for the late update, work got super crazy this week. Hopefully this extra long update makes up for it. Thank you guys for reading, I love you guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 7K 127
In which Vocal Adrenaline member, Sofia St. James is sent to William McKinley High School to spy on the new glee club. Will she end up joining them o...
31.3K 671 20
-------- 𝑪𝒊𝒈𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒐𝒘- TV girl "𝐖𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐲 𝐁𝐞�...
54.8K 696 38
Arica Dayton was the new girl at McKinley High, a mute. She had a rough past and wanted to make her future better. She had lost all hope, until she j...
17.5K 823 27
"What's up, blogosphere? Jacob Ben Israel here, back on the street with an exclusive look at McKinley's newest celebrities, the New Directions!" Winn...