๐“๐ฐ๐จ ๐‡๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ฌ ๐Ž๐ง๐ž ๐’...

Von KaterinaNemeth

Visenya Targaryen is the only woman in her lineage named after the Conqueror, but she has dark hair, which op... Mehr

๐“๐ฐ๐จ ๐‡๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ฌ ๐Ž๐ง๐ž ๐’๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ
๐•ฎ๐–†๐–˜๐–™
๐†๐€๐‹๐‹๐„๐‘๐˜ ๐Ž๐๐„
๐†๐€๐‹๐‹๐„๐‘๐˜ ๐“๐–๐Ž
๐€๐‚๐“ ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ. ๐‘‡โ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ก๐‘ค๐‘–๐‘›๐‘ 
๐Ÿ. ๐ต๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘˜๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘›๐‘’๐‘ค๐‘ 
๐Ÿ‘. ๐ป๐‘’๐‘™๐‘™๐‘œ ๐‘ ๐‘–๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ
๐Ÿ’. ๐น๐‘–๐‘Ÿ๐‘ ๐‘ก ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘‘๐‘ข๐‘๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘ 
๐Ÿ“. ๐ด ๐‘š๐‘œ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ'๐‘  ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’
๐Ÿ”. ๐‘ˆ๐‘›๐‘๐‘™๐‘’
๐Ÿ•. ๐‘ƒ๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ
๐Ÿ–. ๐ด๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก'๐‘  โ„Ž๐‘œ๐‘ค ๐‘–๐‘ก'๐‘  ๐‘‘๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’
๐Ÿ—. ๐ท๐‘œ๐‘›'๐‘ก ๐‘™๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘š๐‘’
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ. ๐‘‡โ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ค๐‘’๐‘–๐‘”โ„Ž๐‘ก ๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘ข๐‘ 
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ. ๐‘†๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘ ๐‘’!
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ. ๐‘‡โ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘Ž๐‘“๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘š๐‘Ž๐‘กโ„Ž
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘. ๐‘…๐‘–๐‘œ๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘“๐‘“๐‘Ž๐‘–๐‘Ÿ๐‘ 
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’. ๐‘ˆ๐‘›๐‘ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘˜๐‘’๐‘› ๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘ข๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘ 
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“. ๐‘‡๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘’๐‘  ๐‘œ๐‘“ ๐‘Ž๐‘› ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘—๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘‘ โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘ก
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”. ๐ด๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฆ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•. ๐ผ ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘›'๐‘ก โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘™๐‘ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘ค๐‘“๐‘ข๐‘™ ๐‘’๐‘›๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘”๐‘ฆ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–. ๐‘†โ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘Šโ„Ž๐‘œ ๐ผ๐‘  ๐‘…๐‘’๐‘๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘›
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—. ๐‘ƒ๐‘Ž๐‘–๐‘›
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ. ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘’๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘™๐‘Ž๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘  ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ
๐€๐‚๐“ ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ. ๐ท-๐‘’๐‘ฃ๐‘–๐‘™
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘. ๐ด ๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘–๐‘ ๐‘’ ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘ก๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’. ๐ด ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘™๐‘
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“. ๐‘‡โ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘†๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’๐‘ 
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”. ๐ด๐‘ก ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ ๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฃ๐‘–๐‘๐‘’, ๐‘€๐‘Ÿ. ๐‘†๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘”
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•. ๐ถ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘™
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–. ๐‘€๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘๐‘ฆ ๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘ก ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘’๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—. ๐ป๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘ก ๐‘ก๐‘œ โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘ก
๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ. ๐ผ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘™๐‘–๐‘’๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘–๐‘› ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ. ๐‘†๐‘–๐‘™๐‘˜ ๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘“๐‘™๐‘Ž๐‘š๐‘š๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘™๐‘’ ๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘œ

๐Ÿ๐Ÿ. ๐ถโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘”๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’๐‘  ๐‘ค๐‘–๐‘กโ„Ž ๐‘๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘œ๐‘‘

1.1K 43 2
Von KaterinaNemeth

              LIFE GOES ON BUT WE DON'T. It's the curse of humanity, and there is no magical way to fix it faster than it's supposed to, not even the Gods can prevent it.

After the death of Rhaenys Targaryen, Aegon and Visenya 'the Conquerors' did not mourn in peace as they set ablaze every castle and keep in Dorne to avenge her death. Perhaps, riding their dragons was the Targaryen's way to cope with their emotions, and burning places was just a plus.

Every letter sent out to the Stepstones came unanswered, even the ones sent with a crow and others that Theara sent on Visenya's behalf.

Weren't they delivered? Hope not.

Did Daemon read them and not consider them important? Possibly.

Did Daemon decide to ignore Visenya and their shared reality? It certainly looked like it.

Visenya lost the will of making sure Daemon knew what happened, after the fifth moon she stopped sending out letters. It was pointless. Because sending them out from Winterfell assured that they would arrive one way or the other.

It was infuriating, but Visenya told herself how from now on she would never wait for a man to take responsibility for his actions.

In no way, shape, or form it would be Visenya's fault, just his. Now Visenya had to believe her own words.

As for now, there have been a few changes in the Targaryen family.

Alicent is currently with another child, she had given birth to a baby boy named Aegon, and personally, Visenya thought it was ridiculous. Yes, it was the Conqueror's name but naming a child after someone does not ensure them to share their namesake's fate.

In other circumstances, Visenya would've helped Alicent and her father with her now little brother, but she couldn't deem herself to be near a platinum-haired child.

It could be considered that Visenya had joined Rhaenyra's anti-Viserys and Alicent club, which in a sense was true.

"You need to part your feet wider, you can not always rely on your left foot," Harwin commented as he used the blunt side of the sword to make Visenya open her legs more. She looked downwards at his action with a raised brow.

"That way you are not predictable in the enemy's eye," Visenya grunted, knowing he was right, and deflated her stance.

"🎶Under the dragon's eye...🎶" A bard that Rhaenyra requested started to sing the same song for the sixteenth time as she read a book next to the Weirwood tree.

Ignoring the bard, Harwin approached Visenya and whispered close to her, being face to face. "Are you alright? Did Prince Daemon answer you?" He asked with an annoyed tone. With time, Harwin had grown to have a particular 'distaste' for the male, when he learned of the nature of his parentship with Visenya's children, he went speechless the whole ride back to the Red Keep.

He was no stranger to the Targaryen's ancient manners as Aegon, Visenya, and Rhaenys were the prime examples, but Visenya's case was different. Harwin had been by her side ever since he became her sworn protector, and everything made sense.

The early morrow when Visenya came crying to his arms, the day she challenged Daemon and won, the looks between them, how without words they knew what the other was thinking. How that day Visenya told Harwin in tears that she loved a man who did not love her back.

Harwin could not understand the 'Rogue Prince' nor intended to. 

"No," Visenya shook her head with a small smile. "It's not that and I already gave up on him. But I'll be alright, Strong."

Harwin grinned, letting out a relieved sigh. "I am glad to hear that," he answered sincerely. "It wouldn't have anything to do with a certain couple?"

Bringing a hand to her head, Visenya pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Maybe... I knew it was a risk getting rid of the bodies that way, but I seriously needn't you involved. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate everything you do for me, but I told you I did not wish to get you into trouble, Harwin."

"I knew what I was signing up for, Visenya."

Just like that, that day came to mind as if they were spectators.

A ᴡᴇᴇᴋ ᴀɢᴏ...

Visenya's victims kept saying the same story over and over again, and no word that came from their lips was useful.

She kept them hidden for what seemed to be a few moons exerting all the kinds of torture upon them. Used knives to slowly slice the skin off of one or two of their limbs, break bones, and twist them out of place without popping them back in...

Her actions were driven by rage rather than grief but were dangerous nonetheless.

"I don't know! I don't know! I don't know!" The boy cried sterically with tears and snot running down his face. Visenya approached the wall she had pressed the boy against and took off the knife she threw at him as if she were doing target practice.

"Tell me again who supplied you with the ring and the fucking poison!" Visenya pressed the dagger closer to his neck, tilting the blade would make a tiny cut to the carotid and he'd be dead in under five minutes.

"I already told you," he yelled tiredly. Visenya had been at this for long and as she did not grow physically restless, her two captives did.

"He wore a black hood, I never saw his face!"

Visenya withdrew the tight hold on his neck and moved the dagger close to his face, making him open his eyes even more as he breathed shakily. The sharp point of the dagger was two inches away from making contact with his eye.

"You think that's enough?" He slowly nodded his head, frightened. "It's not!" Visenya yelled, plunging the weapon into his eye and killing him instantly.

She plunged the blade several times to the point where droplets of blood started to cover her shaking frame until a voice snapped her out of the spell she was in.

"Visenya?" She widened her eyes and held the dagger high as she turned around.

"Harwin? No... I–" He had been searching for the Princess for a long time and after finding nothing, he went to look in the abandoned places of the Red Keep— hiding spots.

Harwin took in the state Visenya was in, shaking and her face, neck, and chest covered in blood. Visenya dreaded the now very real possibility of having Harwin angry at her or screaming at her the things that she already knew, but what surprised her the most was how he kneeled next to her and embraced her.

"I'm here, Visenya. I'm here," Harwin ran one of his gloved hands through her hair. Visenya, overwhelmed with emotion, cried louder in his arms and tightly hung onto him.

Bᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴇsᴇɴᴛ

"I know," Visenya answered serenely, looking at him with a soft smile. "And I'm not sure of how I could ever repay you, Harwin."

That was the problem, Harwin didn't want Visenya to 'repay' him back, so he waved it off. Everything he has done and said came out of the pureness of his heart, because Harwin saw Visenya for who she truly is, and Harwin couldn't admire her more.

They looked into each other's eyes, him; lost in the shiny violet irises that adorned her softly fatigued expression, and her; lost in the barrier where earth and sea meet in his eyes.

Everything around the two faded, they stopped hearing Rhaenyra's bard song until he stopped due to another presence around them.

"Your Grace," the bard stood up.

Visenya shared a sideways glance with Harwin, who seemed to be thinking the same.

"Did I say to stop?" Rhaenyra spoke without looking up from her book, making the bard tense up. "From the beginning," she gestures to the man to continue without looking up.

"🎶She fled, with her ships...🎶" He started the song.

Visenya looked at Alicent with a frown, she had mixed feelings towards her stepmother and as much as she wanted to make things civil with the redhead, Visenya could not. She still held her children's announcement against Alicent and her father. It did not matter if it was made on her father's orders or on a third party's orders, Alicent still had the power and the voice to stop it.

"Tactical retreat, Harwin. Tactical retreat," Visenya whispered to her confidant, him nodding in response, and both started to silently tip-toe out of the area.

"Visenya, Rhaenyra?" Alicent called out.

"She saw you," Harwin whispered, deflating his 'stealth' pose. Visenya rolled her eyes, more at Alicent rather than at the tall brunette.

"Yes, my Queen – Aspo?" Rhaenyra and Visenya spoke in unison. The older sibling's comment was heard, but Alicent decided to let it pass as she did not know High Valyrian. Rhaenyra simply hid her smirk.

"Your presences are wanted in the outer courtyard. The royal hunt readies to depart," the pregnant woman announced smiling at the two.

Visenya resisted the urge to roll her eyes at such fake pleasantries.

"I've decided to remain here and read instead," Rhaenyra said tired from the conversation.

"And I prefer to stay here with much more enjoyable company," Visenya raised her brows and smiled devilishly at the woman.

Alicent's smile shifted. "You may go, Samwell."

The bard rose from his seat.

"You are to stay by the order of the Princesses," Rhaenyra included her sister in her demand, and Visenya did not mind.

Anything to spite the Hightower.

"The Queen commands you to leave the Godswood at once."

Samwell stood up again and bowed at the two nervously. "Princesses," Rhaenyra eyed him from the side as he left, Visenya looked at her sister worriedly, it seemed like this encounter bothered the platinum-haired more than it bothered her.

"The King wishes for you both to join us," Alicent wobbled closer to them.

"The King has much to celebrate."

"And he certainly does not need us," Visenya added to her sister's statement. She turned to Harwin and motioned to him with her head to leave and then nodded, letting him know that it was more than fine if he wanted to leave, but he shook his head.

"He wants for us all to be together," Alicent said, and at the same time, Visenya and Rhaenyra shared a perplexed look— one angrier than the other. "Perhaps... the hunt could be fun..."

"Is it the King's command?" Rhaenyra asked.

"Yes, but it–"

"Then at once, Your Grace." Rhaenyra shut her book and slithered her way down the tree.

"He could shove it where the sun doesn't shine," Visenya said nonchalantly, without filtering her voice volume. The two other females didn't acknowledge it and as for Harwin, he disguised a laugh with a subtle cough.

"But it needn't be... None of this needs to be this way in truth, girls."

Visenya clenched her fists and stormed off, followed by Harwin and her sister.

"The fucking audacity to order us as if we were her daughters," Visenya bit the inside of her cheek.

"I know. She married Father and thinks of us as her subjects," Rhaenyra flared her nostrils, keeping her fury at bay. "Sometimes I wished Father married our cousin, Laena instead, perhaps this situation could have been a good different instead."

With a sigh, Visenya placed a hand on her sister's shoulder. "There's no point in thinking about what ifs, we need to move on, as much as we might hate our present right now," she told her little sister in hopes of cheering her up, but it was meant to convince her as well.

Rhaenyra slowly let her head fall as she took Visenya's words in. "I'll go pack. The sooner we go, the better," she waved goodbye to the two left, and when she was out of sight, Visenya slowly turned around with her eyebrows creased.

"Tell me you are going as well, please," she pleaded for him to come.

"Of course. Wherever you go, I go," Strong answered with a low chuckle.

How I dread the fact that I can't hug you right now.

Inside the carriage, Visenya and Rhaenyra were seated together away from their father, Alicent, and Aegon— Next to Aegon's maidservants.

Visenya wore a long dark red embroidered dress with a slit on the side that showed her black pants (which wasn't a popular choice, but Visenya felt comfortable in them), with high-heeled boots that would most likely scandalize the prude noble women that would attend the celebration.

(This is the closest thing to what I envisioned. Now hair...)

"Well, isn't this splendid," Viserys started. "The whole of our family off to celebration and adventure in the Kingswood," he smiled first at his wife and then at his daughters, who looked like they wanted to be anywhere but there.

"Should you be traveling in such condition?" Rhaenyra asked genuinely worried for Alicent, Visenya was as well, but she did not have the strength to voice it.

"The maester said that being out in nature would do me well," Alicent answered.

"Well, you will be with your own child sooner than late, and make me a proud grandsire," Viserys said to Rhaenyra, clearly without noticing the effect that this would have on his other daughter.

Feeling as if the breath had been knocked off of her lungs, Visenya shifted in her seat no longer seeing the journey with tiredness but with indignation. Just before she was about to speak up, Visenya felt how a hand wrapped around hers, Rhaenyra's hand, who gave her a gentle squeeze as if sharing her energy with her older sister. 

"Were you not one already?" Visenya cocked her head to the side, speaking with venom in her voice. "Or have you forgotten when you held 'your second grandchild' in your arms already, Father?"

"Visenya..." Her father warned.

"No, no, Father. Unlike you, I have the decency to care for people's feelings when they have gone through hell in their lives, and that comment is the last straw for me!" Visenya pointed her finger at him. "You better not talk to me or I will not hold myself responsible for whoever meets my sharp tongue."

Visenya finished breathing heavily, still clutching her sister's hand for support.

In a way, she forced herself to stop because of Aegon. She had seen her half-brother twice because the pain is profoundly engraved on her heart, an open wound that would never heal fully. But still, she did it so the child would not cry because of her yelling.

A deafening silence was set among the ones present in the carriage. Rhaenyra, who is supposed to be the cold-headed twin, shot her father a disapproving look for his mistake, and he looked down at the floor briefly in shame.

Alicent masked her discomfort with a smile and glanced at Rhaenyra, thinking that her previous look was because of what they said about the heir becoming a mother, and spoke just like her husband.

"It's not so bad. The days are long, but Aegon came quickly and without fuss."

Two of the servants exchanged looks and discreetly glanced up at the twins for obvious reasons. Aemond and Alyssa, and Aemma.

Rhaenyra looked away from Alicent and readjusted her grip on Visenya's hand, now her seeking support. The latter gave Rhaenyra's hand a soft but gentle squeeze while her other hand aggressively gripped the leather of her seat.

Both, unaware of how Viserys glanced at the three.

"You two should ride out with me today. Join in the chase. You, Visenya, could perhaps put my men to shame with what you've learned," Viserys hoped they would join, it would be a step closer to reconciliation, but it was a foolish thought.

"I'd rather not," Visenya and Rhaenyra spoke with the same distaste in their voices.

"The boars squeal like children when they're being slaughtered," Rhaenyra said briefly looking at Aegon. Visenya had to bite her tongue to repress a proud smile from coming out.

"I find it discomforting," she ended.

"It's a hunt, Rhaenyra," father and daughter traded looks, Visenya assessed the situation, readying herself. "How would you like to participate?"

"I'm not sure why we must," Rhaenyra said with a small voice.

"Because you are my daughters... The Princesses. And you have duties, one more than the other but still, duties you must tend to," Visenya rolled her eyes, which went unnoticed by her father but not by the maids beside her who tried not to laugh at the dark-haired Princess's actions.

"As I am ceaselessly reminded..." She rolled her eyes just like her sister.

"I'm sorry?" Viserys asked, getting angry.

"As I am ceaselessly reminded," Rhaenyra made eye contact with the irritated King and Alicent raised her brows at the tone.

"You wouldn't need to be reminded if either of you ever attended to them."

"No one's here for me," Visenya and Rhaenyra spoke, eyeing him intently, and Viserys stared at them, brow wrinkled as they stiffly turned away.

It was true, that both siblings felt that way. Yes, Visenya has Harwin, but there was always a hint of doubt that warned the young Princess of how her sworn knight was nice to her only because he was paid to do so. 

It was a way of keeping her walls up as recently she had noticed how they had been slowly crumbling down.

Visenya wished with all her heart and soul to be wrong.

The carriage came to a stop and King Viserys got out to greet the applauding crowds followed by his much pregnant wife and son.

Meanwhile, Visenya and Rhaenyra sat on the carriage with their shoulders slumped, both looking at the ground, and their expressions erased from any positive thought towards the evening.

"I know I've been distant lately... but I promise you that I'll try my absolute best to make it up to you, Nyra," Visenya offered, suddenly tired from the previous argument.

"You have... but I could never hold it against you, Sister," Rhaenyra forced a small smile. She had been feeling as tired as her twin, but much more disappointed, if not more, at their father.

Rhaenyra walked into the massive red tent where dozens of people celebrate with drinks and pastries that are served. She passed in front of her father, Otto, Lyonel Strong, and one of the Lannister twins, the last one looking at her with a suspicious smile.

Reaching the end of the room, Rhaenyra found Alicent seated with a group of very noisy ladies.

"Lady Johanna was reported to have been abducted when one of Lord Swann's ships sailed through the Stepstones."

"What will happen to Lady Johanna?" Alicent asked the woman

"She's to be sold to a pillow house in the Free Cities if you believe the rumors." 

A man with wavy hair and a cane approached them and spoke with a tender voice. "I fear the gods did not make me for hunting. Might I sit with you, my ladies?"

"But of course. Please join us," Alicent motioned for him to sit in front of her with a smile. "Larys Strong, the youngest son of our Master of Law, Lord Lyonel."

"My lord husband says that no king has even been able to tame the Stepstones for long. It's an inhospitable place suited only for savages."

"Perhaps the Princess... can give us some insight," an elderly woman shifted the attention onto Rhaenyra, who chuckled.

"Oh, I'm not sure how I could. I've never been to the Stepstones."

"Your dear uncle is the great mind behind this war. Is he not?" The woman inquired with a condescending look.

"I wouldn't know. I've not spoken to Daemon in years," Rhaenyra answered in a breath, clasping her hands upfront.

"Since you supplanted him and your sister as heir."

"Daemon made his choices, Lady Ceira. Any of the two Princesses were more suited to the role," Alicent defended, earning a spontaneous but grateful look from the young Targaryen.

"He's made a mess and the King must put an end to it. Send fleets and men and clear out the Triarchy for good," another elderly woman spoke with the same tone as the others, as if Daemon wasn't good enough.

"But the Crown is not at war."

"The Crown... is at war, Princess. Though your father refuses to admit it, we've been dragged into it by your uncle and the Sea Snake."

"And how have you served the realm of late, Lady Redwyne, by eating cake?" Rhaenyra spat, looking at her nails. 

The woman in question sent her a look, and the others around them felt uncomfortable by the situation, Alicent was bothered by her behavior, and Rhaenyra wasted no time with them and left.

Visenya walked through the busy camp with her hands clasped behind her back. People stopped when they saw her pass by and did a little bow, and despite not being quite used to people bowing to her of their free will, Visenya sent them a grateful nod back.

"You are that bored, huh?" A voice that Visenya could recognize anywhere spoke from behind her, making her slowly turn around with a big smile on her face.

"Rhyder? What are you doing here, big dummy?" Visenya asked as she embraced him tightly but briefly. Rhyder wrapped his arms around the smaller girl with a chuckle.

"Well, you know me... I could never miss your 'brother's' big name day," he spoke with sarcasm in his voice.

"Stop," Visenya playfully punched his arm once she got out of his warm hold. "Don't let my father hear you, he's already cross with me and Nyra," and although she joked, Rhyder could see a hint of pain in her eyes, but after years of knowing her, Rhyder knew to change the subject.

"You could always come with me to see how Thea scolds Brendan for eating all the sweets," Visenya laughed loudly, earning the attention of a few bystanders who started to gossip the moment they began to talk, but stopped when a thought crossed her mind.

"Wait! Then who's taking care of—"

"Of the North? Cregan's doing the job, Thea wanted to stay but big bad brother forced her to go out and enjoy the festivities," Rhyder spoke in code. "The 'North' is in good hands, trust me," he assured Visenya in a soft voice, one that only showed the truth in his words.

"Is she...?" Visenya whispered fearfully.

"She's very grown up and beautiful, just like her mother."

Visenya shifted her gaze to the ground and sighed exasperatedly, feeling how a tear ran down her cheek, and fell to the cold hard ground.

"Thank you, Rhy... I–" Stark interrupted her again, he knew that the brunette hated to be interrupted but the matter they were discussing was worthy of interruption.

"You don't need to thank m– us. We've already told you that you are family and always will be, alright?" He waited for her to agree. "Now, I'll let you be, but you must find us before Thea kills Brendan in front of the King," Rhyder laughed as he took a few steps back from her.

"I will," Rhyder turned around, pleased with her answer, and left to find his siblings.

She gets prettier day after day, Rhyder thought to himself.

Visenya resumed her walk through the camp with the intention of finding someone she had been looking for for a while. The sun was hidden behind the clouds but the light shone so strong that if she stared up at the sky she would be blind within seconds.

"Where's the Black Bear when you are looking for him?" Visenya thought out loud.

"Who's Black Bear?"

Visenya jumped with a yelp and spun around.

"Harwin! Fuck!"

The tall bearded man held his stomach as he let out a guttural chuckle. "Hey, I'm not that ugly. I think," he wiped off a fake tear from his eye.

"No, you're not ugly at all. You just startled me, that's all," Visenya ran a hand below her braids, totally brushing off the half compliment she threw Harwin.

"Apologies then," he spoke with a relaxed voice. "If I may ask again, who's Black Bear?"

Visenya widened her eyes in disbelief at herself, she didn't think she had said it out loud.

"None. Just a name I heard around."

I'll choose to believe that for now, Harwin thought to himself.

"What are you doing right now?" Visenya asked with genuine curiosity and unclasped her hands to move them to the front, looking at what she assumed to be the table he had been working on.

"Well, I just started scaling the fish for later supper," Harwin placed the cloth he had been using, onto his left shoulder.

"On your own? To feed all these people?" Harwin nodded. "Not anymore. Move aside, I'll help get this done faster," Visenya said as she took her rings off and put them inside her pocket.

"Princess, n–" Harwin started, alarmed for her.

"Nonsense, Ser. I'm helping you and that's final," she raised her voice a bit unintentionally. Harwin, who was more than used to her stubbornness, sighed with a soft chuckle.

If anyone had been told that someday they would get to see a princess cleaning fish gut then they would've been deemed as mad people, but it happened. Visenya aided Harwin in his task, and even though she arrived with the intention of helping him get things done faster, Harwin and Visenya talked about many things— laughed and even tried to push one another but Visenya would never be able to move him no matter if she used her all.

It was wonderful. Spending time with someone who sees you as their equal without any titles involved, sent a sense of warmth through Visenya's chest; one she had never felt before.

Now she wondered if what she felt for one of the Stark boys was just pure adoration rather than actual feelings.

Felt? Apparently, her romantic feelings for Rhyder were gone, but... Does this mean that...?

Do I feel something for Harwin?

Her heart fluttered at the thought of possibly being in love with someone so kind, gentle, and formidable as him.

Harwin's laugh decreased when he felt how Visenya's laughter stopped and glanced at her. Taking notice of her flustered face, he turned around to grab his cape and wrapped it around Visenya.

The girl slightly widened her eyes and opened her mouth in an 'o' shape before looking at him.

"There," Harwin clasped the cape to her shoulder pads. "You'll feel warmer soon."

"Thank you," Visenya mumbles sheepishly just as her sight drifts forward to find her sister stomping out of a tent and going towards a horse.

Rhaenyra just had a confrontation with her father where certain lies have come to the surface, and none of them were good.

"Fuck," she mutters under her breath, knowing Rhaenyra's upset.

As she walks around the table she and Harwin were working on, she quickly tells him 'I'll be back' before sprinting towards the nearest horse and quickly leaving on it at the same time as Criston speeds on his own horse to follow them.

Harwin watched with an amused smile and shook his head, proceeding with their work; he would have around forty fish left to clean which completely bought him time to do it at a much slower pace.

Meanwhile, Visenya had managed to get her horse to match Rhaenyra's pace.

"Nyra! Hey!" She shouted at the platinum blonde, making her presence known. "What happened back there?"

Rhaenyra shook her head with disapproval while they kept ridding. Visenya did not push farther as she knew that Rhaenyra would tell her when she felt ready and followed her on the horse.

"Princesses, slow down!" Criston called out from behind and held onto his horse tighter.

The girls kept on going until Criston's horse brushed Rhaenyra's and he held out for her reins, almost knocking them both to the ground but stopping near a lake.

"Whoa, whoa, now!"

"HEY!" Visenya felt her insides burn as she jerked the reins back to redirect the horse and approach him. "What in the Seven Hells was that? You could have sent her flying and not the good kind."

"I'm unharmed, sister," Rhaenyra reassured Visenya who took a deep breath while glaring at Criston.

After they took a minute to themselves, Visenya asked Rhaenyra what caused her sudden departure.

"Our father..." Rhaenyra started angrily. "Trying to sell us off to the Lannisters."

"What?! Nooo!" Visenya dragged out the word with wide eyes as Rhaenyra shook her head in confirmation.

The Gods and their father had to be against them if they were destined to wed Lannisters. Visenya hated them with passion until she met Otto Hightower and everything that came with him.

Visenya preferred to die before marrying into either of those houses.

"Was I named heir to the Iron Throne so that I might only further raise the standing of a Lord of Casterly Rock?" Rhaenyra says saddened yet mad at her father. She looked at her sister and then at her knight as the three bask in the silence of the forest.

"Do you want me to kill him?" Visenya and Criston offered at the same time and looked at one another, amused at how they were thinking the same thing.

Rhaenyra frowned looking at them both but a smile soon appeared on her face, and Criston smirked at his shared achievement.

"Hey, my offer is real! Say the word and I'll do it," Visenya remarked goofily as the three broke into a fit of laughter.

Sighing, Criston told them how they should return to camp, and for the first time, he realized how much Visenya and Rhaenyra are alike in their mannerisms. The girls chuckled softly at his futile attempt before the platinum blonde replied to him.

"It's a beautiful day. We should take in the Kingswood," Rhaenyra looked around at the beautiful scenery and the three of them took a walk with their horses.

Visenya listened to their conversation but she pretty much tuned them out as she wished to be here with just her sister. She had nothing against Ser Criston, but having him there at that moment made her a bit uncomfortable at how well they could hold up a conversation. She had only talked to the man five or six times, the complete opposite of Rhaenyra.

She realized she missed Harwin.

"Many in the realm would gladly trade position with any of you, Princesses," Visenya managed to catch up on their conversation.

"Only because none of them has ever held our positions, and they never shall. We may have a title but in truth, we are toothless," Visenya chimed in, Rhaenyra agreeing with her.

"One day, not so long ago. You held enough power to allow me to serve your sister, and you to write my name into the White Book," Criston told Visenya first and then Rhaenyra as he looked at her. "And when your father named me to his Kingsguard, it was the highest honor any Cole has ever known."

"All that I have, I owe to you."

Visenya raised a brow at that. She knew those words held a deeper meaning.

"Now I'd hardly call that toothless, Princesses," Criston ended with a soft voice.

𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧'𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙚:

First of all, I've had to cut this chapter in two much to my dismay.

And the last thing, I won't keep you long I promise.

Thank you.

Two Hearts One Soul has reached over 30k reads and 1k votes.

This is the motivation that I needed to keep on going with this story and not give it up as the lack of comments got to me. It's just that I felt like none truly liked the story because I compared it with other HotD stories or any other stories, but I won't do it again.

So from the bottom of my heart, I want to thank you again for voting, reading, and/or adding this story to your favorites... 

- Your personal drama distributor.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

39K 1.1K 27
House Targaryen, the blood of Old Valyria, the House of the Dragon and the royal family of Westeros. Targaryens have controlled the crown for decades...
30.8K 1.6K 30
Davina was done with Daemon. She didn't except to fall for a man that had openly hated her for years but stranger things had happened. ๐Ÿ‰ "I cannot...
134K 4.6K 48
In the bloody realm of Westeros, a dark and dramatic tale unfolds. The young daughter of Prince Daemon Targaryen, burdened with a legacy of power and...
25.3K 569 27
Viserra Targaryen แด˜ส€ษชษดแด„แด‡ss แด๊œฐ แด›สœแด‡ sแด‡แด แด‡ษด แด‹ษชษดษขแด…แดแดs. แด›สœแด‡ sแด‡แด„แดษดแด… แด…ส€แด‡แด€แดแด‡ส€. แด›สœแด‡ แดœษดส™แดœส€ษดแด›. แด›สœแด‡ แด…ส€แด€ษขแดษด แด˜ส€ษชษดแด„แด‡ss. sแด‡แด„แดษดแด… ส™แดส€ษด แด„สœษชสŸแด… แด๊œฐ แด‹ษชษดษข แด ษชsแด‡ส€สs ษช แด›แด€ส€ษขแด€ส€ส...