Junoon | Obsession

By barnes_dornan

A RishBala fanfic, taking inspiration from the show but with my flare =D More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25

11

143 15 1
By barnes_dornan

When Madhubala, Trishna, and Roma arrived home, they were surprised to see Malik had returned. Everyone was happy and Roma filled him in on all that had happened.

"That all sounds quite exciting," Malik said. "So, Madhu, where's your contract? I can look it over."

"Uh, yeah, sure... I'll go get it," Madhu said, and she got up to get the contract.

Will they be okay with me going abroad for a month, she wondered. I've never been to another country before.

Madhu returned with the contract in hand and gave it to Malik. He looked it over, reading it carefully. He himself had dealt with many contracts in his time in the film industry, especially given that he's stunts-man, so contracts were no foreign matter to him. He quietly read over the contract while Madhu sat there quietly as well, waiting for his reaction.

And it finally came.

"Wait, Madhu... this says you would have to go to Switzerland for a month."

"What," the three other ladies said together.

But while Padmini said it in shock, Roma and Trishna were excited.

"Switzerland," Roma shrieked. "As in DDLJ Switzerland?"

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe they're filming in Switzerland," Trishna squealed.

"That may be," Padmini said, "but Madhu's not going."

Everyone immediately looked at her.

"Yaar, what are you saying," Roma exclaimed.

Even Trishna looked at her with disbelief. "Ma-"

"There's no way I'm letting Madhu go to a foreign country all by herself," Padmini said. "I won't argue over this, I said what I said," and she walked away, heading to the kitchen.

Madhu's shoulders sagged; truth be told, while the idea did shock her, she did secretly wish to go. Having never traveled before, nor having the finances to do so - hence them still living in their little apartment in the colony where the kitchen and living room were together and the bedroom being slightly separated by a wall, with their dining area right in front of their bed - the thought of being able to go to a foreign country for work purposes truly was exciting. But knowing her mother, Madhu had a feeling it would get shot down, and given her mother's reaction, she thought right.

Roma looked at her brother and gestured him to say something, as did Trishna. Malik looked from them to Madhu, and one look in her eyes told him she was sad by her mother's words. So he pursed his lips and stood up.

"Padminiji-"

"Malik, please, I don't want to talk about this," Padmini said, cutting him off.

"But this would be good for Madhu."

Padmini turned to him in shock. "Good? She'd be alone in a foreign country!"

"How would she be alone? The whole cast and crew would be there-"

"Those are all strangers! Who's going to watch her-?"

"Padminiji, Madhu is grown now; she's an adult. She knows how to take care of herself, and she takes care of each and every one of us," he smiled softly.

"But for a girl to be all on her own-"

"I know my daughter very well; she was raised properly to know the difference between what's right and what's wrong." He moved over to Madhu, who stood up beside him. "She'd never do anything that could possibly bring shame to her family," and he wrapped his arm around her.

Padmini looked between the two while Madhu looked down at the floor. "I-I don't know, a young woman on her own-"

"Oof ho, Mother India," Roma exclaimed as went over to Padmini's side, "what's wrong with that? I mean look at me, I'm also a young woman on her own-"

"I don't know if I'd say young," Malik said.

Roma gaped at him. "Bhai!"

Malik chuckled in return, Madhu nudging him as she tried to hide her smile, as did Trishna.

"You're just jealous of my youthful looks," Roma said, twitching her lips. "Anyways, as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted - there's nothing wrong with a little independency Mother India. Besides, our Glycerin is so smart, she'll be just fine!"

"But Roma-"

"Ma, please say yes," Trishna said, going over to her as well. "Would you also say no if they cast me for this movie?"

"Heroine," but Trishna cut Roma off.

"I mean I don't know if I'll land the role or not but if I were to, would you also have me say no because you wouldn't want me going to a foreign country?"

Padmini shook her head. "Trishna-"

"Okay, sure, it's my dream to be a big actress one day, fine, it is different for me than it is for Glycerin. But Ma, you know very well how responsible Madhu is; please don't take this chance away from her."

Padmini looked away.

"Even Madhu has dreams of her own - to have us all living in a nice home, under one roof, together. Not the two of us sharing a bed while you sleep on the floor, not Roma separately in another tiny, cramped apartment, and Malik out in a cot on the balcony. But our financial condition didn't allow her to further her studies, instead having her go to work at the salon. But this? Taking this opportunity? This could help her to fulfill her dream."

"She's right," Roma said softly. "Don't let this be taken from her. As someone who couldn't fulfill her dream, I know the pain. Please don't let the same happen to Madhu."

Padmini looked at Madhu and Malik, Malik quietly nodding in agreement with Trishna and Roma. She then let out a sigh and looked at each of them.

"It's just... I'm just worried-"

"When aren't you worried is the better question," Roma said.

Padmini tried to frown at her but her smile peeked through.

"Ah! You smiled! Does this mean you agree?"

Padmini looked at each of them again before looking at Madhu, then nodded.

Roma and Trisha instantly shrieked with excitement and hugged Padmini before going to Madhu and hugging her.

"Oh my gosh, my Glycerin is going to Switzerland," Roma exclaimed.

Madhu still couldn't believe her ears, looking at her mother in shock. Padmini smiled at her softly, moving over to her and caressing her cheek.

"Ma-"

"I trust you," Padmini said. "And I want your dreams to come true."

Madhu felt her lower lip quiver, and she threw her arms around her mother's neck, hugging her. "Thank you, Ma," she said softly as tears flowed down her cheeks. "Thank you so much."

"Oof ho, Glycerin, no tears," Roma exclaimed.

"Roma's right! Today, we're only celebrating," Trishna beamed.

"Uh, in a minute," Malik said. "I'm still not done reading the full contract."

"But it's good for the most part, right?'

"Yes-"

"Then there's nothing to worry about," Roma said. "Let's celebrate! Padmini, bring on the sweets- actually, I'll go grab it! Let's celebrate," and she grabbed some sweets and began feeding everyone. 

While everyone fed each other, Malik finished reading the contract. Seeing that all was good, Madhu signed it, and more sweets were given out among them. Given that Madhu had work at the salon the next two days, Madhu would have to wait to give the papers in.

"I'm so happy for you Glycerin," Trishna smiled.

"Thanks Deedu. And I hope you get the part."

"Wouldn't that be so much fun? The two of us working together, traveling together!"

"It really would be amazing."

"Yeah," Trishna sighed. "Only time will tell."

Madhu nodded. "Only time will tell."

*~*

Three days later, Madhu went to the studios to hand in her paperwork. There were some other formalities that needed to be done, such as providing her documentation so that she would be able to travel, so Madhu made a few more trips to the studio to get that all done with. And each time she did, she was reminded of what happened the last time she had seen the egoistic superstar. She tried hard not to think about it, but it would come flooding front and center in her brain, each time. However, when she would realize that he wasn't around, the memory would go away, replacing with the thoughts of why wasn't he here? Though Madhu would also quickly realize that it made sense he wasn't here. He had finished filming Wednesday and without a female lead for Dil Mein, there was no point in him being here.

I wonder when they'll have their minds made up on who they're casting?

The answer to that question arrived soon enough. It had been four weeks since Trishna's second audition, when the phone call finally came. Madhu and Roma waited with anticipation as Trishna took the call.

"...okay... thank you so much," and Trishna hung up.

"Well, what did they say," Roma asked.

Trishna pursed her lips together and shook her head, trying to hold back her tears, making the two look at her in shock.

"What," Roma gasped.

"I didn't get the part," and Trishna started crying, no longer able to hold it back.

Roma immediately hugged her, Madhu hugging the two of them.

"I'm so sorry Deedu," Madhu said softly.

Looking over her Trishna's shoulder, Madhu saw their mother, who looked at her with concern. Madhu silently mouth the word no, and Padmini's shoulders immediately sagged. Madhu pulled back as Padmini came forward, as did Roma.

Padmini reached out to her daughter. "I'm so sorry Trishna."

Trishna didn't say anything, instead walking away.

"Heroine-"

"Deedu-"

"Let her go," Padmini said, stopping both Roma and Madhu. "She needs a moment to herself."

Roma looked from side to side. "Dammit! Why did so many of these chicks have to audition for," she exclaimed.

"You know why," Madhu said softly.

Roma shook her head. "It's an RK film, I know... but still-"

Roma's voice cracked and Madhu instantly hugged her, Padmini taking her hand giving it a squeeze.

"Yaar, when... when is her dream supposed to come true," Roma said, trying to keep herself together.

"It will come true," Madhu said. "I know it will."

Roma said nothing, looking away and trying to hold back her tears.

Madhu looked in the direction her sister had gone.

I hope Deedu's okay.

*~*

Later that night, Madhu felt her sister get up from their bed. She waited a moment before opening her eyes, then sat up. She glanced down at Padmini, finding her asleep on the floor, then quietly slipped out of bed and went after Trishna. Out on the balcony, she found Malik asleep in his cot, so she quietly slipped past him and looked for Trishna, only to find her sitting at the other stairwell, by the large Hero poster. She made her way over, then quietly sat down beside Trishna, who had been crying.

"Will I never get to become a big actress," she cried. "Will I always stay a junior artist?"

"Deedu, be positive," Madhu said, wrapping her arm around her sister. "Of course you will one day become a big actress! I just know it!"

"How can you say that so confidently-?"

"Because I know how talented my Deedu is. You are a talented actress, and you will get your big break. You will become so famous, everyone will know your name! You will become the next superstar, even bigger than that RK-"

"No one could ever be bigger than RK."

"You could be. I believe that you could be."

Trishna rolled her eyes as she smiled. "You're crazy, Glycerin."

"I believe in my favorite heroine! I just need her to believe in herself, as well," she smiled softly.

Trishna looked at her, then gave Madhu a hug. "Thanks Madhu. Thank you for having faith in me."

"Of course Deedu."

Pulling back, Trishna wiped away her tears. "Glycerin?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you think it might be possible for you to put in a word for me? To the director? So that I could be part of the film?"

"I-"

"Even as an extra, I'll do it Madhu. Anything, I'll do it! I just want to be part of an RK film."

Madhu looked into her sister's eyes, seeing the desperation and plea within them.

How can I say no to her? It would break her heart.

"I'll see what I can do," Madhu said softly, pinching her lips together.

"Thank you Madhu! Thank you so much," and Trishna hugged her once more, hugging her tightly this time.

I don't know if I'll be able to to give Deedu what she's asking for... but for her sake I can try. I feel so bad; it should be her that's a part of such a big film and being able to travel to a foreign nation. Instead, I am - me, who never cared for the filming industry to begin with, am now working on a film and will be going abroad because of it. I'm so sorry Deedu, I wish you had gotten the role. But I promise, I'll work hard and earn some good money. Then with that money, we can move to a nicer house, leave this colony, and you can get nicer things, nicer clothes, and be able to leave such an impression when you go to an audition. Just you wait and see, I know our time will come!

~

Don't forget to comment and smash that vote button :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.6K 804 10
A Rishbala SS Show: Madhubala Ek Ishq Ek Junoon
42.9K 2.4K 22
this is a FanFiction story about Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai in my way I'm just bored to see Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai current episodes it is based o...
14.8K 498 50
Hey guys...👋 I know you all are enjoying the current track, however, I wanted to change it a bit so it doesn't get boring, I mean lets be real, we N...
269K 10.4K 49
• Arranged Marriage • Romantic x Shy • Possessive ML • Sunshine FL • Obsession You can imagine your own leads💗