Neutral Line

By VioletYbrehl

For years, people tended to believe the world is all about good and bad people, that it's entirely separate a... More

Author's Note
1: Origin
2: Izuku
3: Little Genius
4: UA's Gremlin
5: Set up
6: Disappointment
7: Stupidity
8: Details
9: Recruitment
10: Ominous
12: Pointing Direction
13: Behind The Scene
14: Operation: The Fall
15: Deal
16: Incident
17: Connection
18: The Day
19: Confrontation
20: Interlude
21: Trial
22: Table Turn
23: Realm of User

11: Tragedy

309 15 310
By VioletYbrehl

Hitoshi doesn't know how to react. All he could see is Izuku and his bloody state. Maybe he could also see the frozen form of Katsuki who seems to have lost his balance dazing to Izuku's body. Hitoshi cried as he got near to Izuku's body. And when he could see him in the near distance.

He can't bring himself to go nearer to his body. He lost all his strenght and kneeled in front of him. He tried... He tried to see if he is still alive. He tried to look to any signed he could still be alive but nothing.

He hold Izuku's hands while he sob. His vision bluried as he look to the shock expression of Izuku.

"H-hey... Wake up! We are still going to hangs out to arcade today right?! Its been a while since... Since we play there! I... I still need to beat you in just dance and maybe... Maybe this time I could win im claw machine..." Hitoshi sob in between of his words.

He tried to tell himself he is still alive. He can't just die! They would still be a hero together! They are already one step closer to their dream.

"Just wake up! I promise, I will treat you Katsudon! Yo-you know, the shop nearby with an expensive and... And delicious meal! Come on, we might... We might not be able to get a table..." Hitoshi said trying coax him.

"Izuku... Please don't leave! What would I do without you?" He just cried. Putting Izuku's bloody hands into his forehead and cried to it. He didn't dare to move him. As he felt afraid that he might suddenly vanish.

His pants is already soak in blood. He just doesn't care. Until he just feels an embrace from his back. He burst more tears.

"Ju-just cry, Toshi... Dad is here..." Aizawa whisper. Hitoshi heard a siren of ambulance and police but he didn't react. He just cry in Aizawa's arms.

--*--

Both Rock Lock and Aizawa went to patrol around. Aizawa still feel so uncomfortable as they proceed, just walking in caution. Aizawa realize that the more they got near to Aldera Junior High, the more his instinct scream.

Aizawa didn't why but he just run. Everything in his system is screaming saying faster.

"Eraser wait!" Rock Lock also fled using his tile just to chase the really fast pace run of Aizawa. The moment he got on the gate, he froze in horror.

What he saw is Izuku falling on a high building and someone chase them down using a large explosion. Aizawa witness everything. And all he could do is to run, but no matter how fast he was, it was too late.

"What the hell! What the fuck was that?" Rock Lock who was equally shock to what he saw.

"Eraser! Is he... Is he the one you're finding for?" Rock Lock worriedly ask. Aizawa didn't reply. It took all the strenght he had to go near to where Izuku should be. But whay he witness upon seeing the body is the form of Hitoshi, crying in Izuku's side. Holding his bloody hands as he put it to his forehead.

He can't move that Rock Lock was the one that calls the nearby ambulance. He knew there is a nearby ambulance in the corner as he keep seeing them there. It all make sense since these part of the Mustafu is densely populated and accident are prone to happen.

Ambulance like that is a stand by one in case of emergency.

It a heart wrenching scene. And all Aizawa could do is to go to Hitoshi. He slowly embrace him from behind as the ambulance went to where they are.

"Just cry, Toshi.... Dad is here..." A soft whisper that Aizawa could only offer. Silently crying as he coax Hitoshi.

He didn't like seeing Hitoshi like this. But even him couldn't contain his emotion.

Why does this needs to happen? Just yesterday Izuku happily had a party with them. He was there, happy as they celebrate the fact that Izuku got the first place.

He is excited to become an official student of UA. It so perfect that all of them, all the staff are happy to a kid that they all saw growing up. They all help him to be strong.

To be ready to his high school journey to become a hero. His diligence that everyone admire, his gard working nature that everyone could impress. He is just a child. And would just start his journey of his dreams.

Why does this suddenly happen?

Hitoshi cried in Aizawa's arms. And when the medic took Izuku's body, Hitoshi almost went balistic if not for Aizawa.

Aizawa just use his license to go in the ambulance together with Hitoshi. Leaving Katsuki in the scene seeing the horrifying aftermath of the tragedy.

Why in the ambulance, Aizawa took all the strenght he had to tell the Midoriya's the tragic news. He could onlh hear the cry of Inko as Hisashi talk to him. Aizawa couldn't help but to blame himself.

If he was just faster he could catch Izuku! If he just run faster, if he just listen to his guts. Aizawa suddenly hear a rumble of lightning outside the Ambulance why the EMT are all doing their best trying to see if they could feel some pulses or if they could revive them.

And as soon as they got into the Hospital, the heavy rain pour. As if the world is also mourning to the lost of a great person.

Izuku was declared Dead On The Spot by the hospital as soon as they check him. Hitoshi brawl in pain and just shut down. Silent sob could only be heard by him.

Aizawa who was trying to be strong for his son can't even do the same. He wanted to also breal down and cry but he was worried to Hitoshi.

"Why?... Why did he left? We promise to be a best duo together..." Hitoshi whisper.

"It so unfair! Izuku didn't deserve it! He deserve everything! Why did this happen to him? Why to someone like him?" Hitoshi ask and sob silently.

Even Aizawa question the same thing. He told the news to the group chat of UA staff. Direct and straightforward as he doesn't have any strenght anymore. Hizashi immediately call him.

"What do you mean the little listener is dead? Hitoshi just talk to him a while ago and they plan to hang out! Is this a prank, Sho? Its not funny at all!" Hizashi said and humorlessly laugh.

"Shota, just tell us this is a prank, we'll forgive you immediately!" He could hear even Nemuri's voice cracking. But all they could hear is the sob of Hitoshi. There's a long pause to the call.

"You're kidding right? Right?" Nemuri ask who started to sob.

"I wish I was... But Izuku was declared dead on the spot. Damn it! If I could just got there faster..." Aizawa started to break down and sob as he could hear thru call the sobbing of everyone.

"I saw him... Falling in the building while someone tried to catch him! I'm too slow... Hitoshi... He witness his bodies state and in mess right now... Zashi... Its all my fault! Fuck! It happens again!" Aizawa mournfully said.

"Which... Which hospital are you in right now?" Hizashi who's even lost some pitch of his voice. Aizawa could hear their sob getting louder. He just told them the hospital he was in right now.

"Everyone! Announce to that afternoon class would be cancelled due to emergency meeting. Ectoplasm, make sure the student got out and follow us. Everyone we'll go to the hospital!" Aizawa heard Nezu from the call. He just end the call. Hitoshi still need him.

Hitoshi needs all the support he could get as he just lost his best friend. He laugh bitterly as he realize the history seems to repeat. But this time to his son.

He also lost one of his best friend at young age. The same situation Hitoshi is right now. He suddenly felt as if he is Hitoshi, remembering the past. But he himself are affected to what happen.

Izuku had been part of his life for 8 years. And those 8 years, Aizawa had been attach to the kid more than the other staff. He spend more time with him next to Nezu. Just thinking of Nezu, he can't help but to feel a shiver in his spine.

Nezu wouldn't rest until Izuku had his justice. He knew his mentor and feared of what Nezu would do with the news of Izuku's death. Nobody really know what Nezu is capable of, no one knows the limit of his power and authority. But all of them knew he is capable enough to dominate the world if he wants to.

Its just that no one knows how long he could do that.

--*--

Dead on the spot...

Dead on the spot...

Dead on the spot...

It keeps ringing in Hitoshi's ear. Those voices is alike a broken recorder that repeatedly say the same line. Hitoshi curl up and cover his ears. His legs are folded to his front covering his body. He just put his head inside and cover it while embracing his legs.

Recalling what happened, he remembered the blond guy in the scene. Suddenly, he felt as if his rational thought was messing up. He felt a deep resentment and anger. That guy! He is Izuku's bully! He is in the scene!

He must have something to do with what happened to Izuku. Hitoshi's fist is clenching. Never in his wildest dream has he thought that Izuku would take his life. Someone surely pushed him! Someone surely killed him!

"Hitoshi calm down!" He could hear his father say.

"Da-dad! Izuku wouldn't jump on the rooftop! Someone... Someone killed him! I'm sure of it! If he really thought of taking his life he wouldn't text me yesterday to hang out! The blond guy! He was in the scene! He must know something!" Hitoshi suddenly blurted.

"I never thought of Izuku taking his life. Someone did it to look like an accident! Don't worry, we will do everything for Izuku to have justice. Nezu would surely help us as this is Izuku! Whoever did this inhumane crime must be punished!" Aizawa said. Hitoshi just leans towards Aizawa's shoulder. Slowly losing his consciousness out of exhaustion.

--*--

Katsuki silently sat in the interrogation room in the police station. He was covered with blood and still didn't talk. As if his whole system is shutting down.

Someone went inside and checked him up but the medical expert said he is just shocked and what he needs is a psychiatrist to deal his suspected Post Traumatic Disorder. The police don't know what happen to the kid since he just directly appear in the police station.

The police station don't have context to what happen to the teen so he couldn't really judge despite what his state is. The police just suspected that he witness a crime and here in the police to report but he can't overcome his fear.

They call his guardian from the ID he had and was on their way. Mitsuki upon seeing his son's state immediately got worried. Masaru can't leave their company as they are in critical stage right now.

"Katsuki!" Mitsuki shouted worriedly.

"What happen? Why... Why do you have so much blood? Did you already check him?" Mitsuki immediately ask. She took her hankerchief and wipe the blood on Katsuki's face and hands. Still feel worried if Katsuki is injured.

"He is completely uninjured ma'am. Our medical expert here already check him. Its just that, he wasn't talking since he got here," The police explain.

"Katsuki... What happen?" Mitsuki ask gently taking Katsuki's hands.

"I... I kill him... I-its my fault..." Katsuki whisper. He stammer and suddenly started to shake violently. He started to cry and feel scared.

"What? Who do you kill? What are you talking about?" Mitsuki's heart beat so fast. The police thought it must be self defense since the kid immediately go here in police station.

But suddenly, someone burst inside the police station and punched Katsuki. He fell on the ground as Mitsuki screamed. Katsuki didn't fight back at all.

"What the hell!" Mitsuki said seeing who it was. It was Mikumo.

Then suddenly Mikumo grab Katsuki glaring at him fiercely. Katsuki shake in fear, Mikumo really looks like he could kill him right now.

"What the fuck did you do to my brother! I knew you are there! Are you now satisfied huh!" Each of Mikumo's word is like a sharp in Katsuki's ears. Its full of contempt, anger, and resentment.

"What the hell is happening, Iku-chan?" Mitsuki ask who wad panicking right now.

"Izuku was sent in hospital and was declared dead on the spot. Someone witness that Katsuki is in the scene. This fucker had been bullying Izuku for years. I have been suspecting all the injuries Izuku always wanted to hide to us is from him. Those are burn marks! You fucker! Are you happy now?!" Mikumo ask in anger. Katsuki just look down and cry.

"I-it wasn't my intention... I... I tried to save him..." Katsuki said while crying. Mitsuki drop her jaw and look to her son in disbelief.

"You didn't right? You wouldn't do that to Izuku..." Mitsuko said in disbelief. But Katsuki stay silent which confirmed everything.

A loud slap could be heard to the police station. Mitsuki started to sob uncontrollably. The shock in her face, the disbelief, the shame, and the anger all mixed up in her system that she really can't do the right facial expression in current situation.

She started to think where did she go wrong.

"Auntie... Calm down, we never blame you are I know you don't know yourself. But Katsuki needs to fucking cooperate and suffer to what happen to my brother. I'm really sorry you have to experience this," Mikumo said and support Mitsuki who almost lost her balance. Mitsuki just silently crying.

"Its my fault, Iku-chan.... I'm ashame to myself that this all happen because of my son. I'm sorry... It seems like... Like I'm really not fit to become a mother. I feel like I didn't do enough to disipline my son. I'm sorry... I'm so sorry that this all happen to Izu-chan! I... I don't know how to even face your parents after this," Mitsuki said and sob. Mikumo just glare to Katsuki who still frozen in the ground. The police officer doesn't even know what to do.

"Look at what you did, Katsuki... You made your mother cried. Are you satisfied now? Because of your fucking ego someone died, if it wasn't your superior complex, and started to bully my brother this wouldn't happen!" Mikumo said.

"I-I'm so-sorry..." Katsuki mutter as tears fall to his eyes.

"Your sorry wouldn'g bring Izuku back," Mikumo said.

Tsukauchi suddenly enter and invite both Katsuki and Mitsuki in UA to interrogation. Masaru followed upon Mitsuki's call where she's crying. Masaru drop everything in worry and went to UA.

He had no idea why in UA but upon knowing his wife who was always headstrong and wouldn't break down immediately, cried in the call means something serious happen. Really serious for Mitsuki to cry like that.

And when they got into UA, Nezu let Masaru watch the interrogation.

He watch his son confess his bullying to Izuku. He watch him giving detail on how he physically and mental hurt Izuku. He told the detective what happen in school, and how it lead to the incident today. Insisting its him who kill Izuku. He was crying as he look down while saying all those confession ringing as truth in the quirk of the detective.

Anger rose to Masaru's heart. He knes himself that he wss relatively calm and reasonable person. But he can't help but to be disgust to his own son. At the same time feel so ashame that he lacked of parenting to Katsuki. He tried to calm himself but the last part is really the straw of his patience.

Katsuki confess that he suicide baiting Izuku before the incident of his death. Masaru stand up, go inside and punch his son. Mitsuki cried loudly as she tried to stop Masaru to add more punch.

"Please stop! Please! I just want to go home and lie down!" Mitsuki cried.

"Don't expect me to let you go in a hero school. You will study in a fucking normal school! This is no hero's work," Masaru suddenly saidm

"You will fucking reflect your own behaivour and I will make sure that all the thungs related to heroes would be swipe clean to your room!" All the word of Masaru is full anger. Katsuki widen his eyes and wanted to beg but shut up.

"Mr Bakugou... As someone who's acquainted to Midoriya's and relatively close to Izuku, I have a proposal to you. I have a deep understanding to Izuku's behaivour and attitude. And despite what young Bakugou did, he never really blame him entirely as staffs and the aldera school itself is the one to blame. Its indeed that young bakugou had a hand to this incident. But if adults and authorities of the Aldera School interfere, I think Young Bakugou wouldn't dare that to happen. With the talk I have with the Midoriya's let us, the UA be the one to punish his wrong doing and correct his behaivour. We will bear the complete responsibility and will give a good explanation to this matter," Nezu said with a smile. Masaru manages to calm down and look to Principal Nezu.

"What kind of punishment he would receive?" Masaru ask.

"I'm glad you asked. Why don't we go to my office to tell you the arrangement I will give him, while Detective Tsukauchi proceeds deeper in his interrogation?" A big smile was plastered to Nezu's face. Masaru and Mitsuki had the feeling that Katsuki would surely be punished severely from his smile.

This time, Masaru wanted to correct the way he parented his son. He wouldn't protect him from what he did to an innocent child like Izuku. That was his vow in his heart.

--*--

I write this chapter longer than I always do if I'm motivated to write. I'm currently motivated to write this story so I think it's a bit longer.

This chapter drains me emotionally 😂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 469 30
Izuku Midoriya was never liked. As a kid, he was ostracized and left out of everything. All he wanted to do was play. He was bullied, ignored and be...
333 4 26
Trust for Izuku Aizawa was a fickle thing, he'd constantly be forced to switch between trusting someone with his whole heart to hating them with ever...
70.4K 3.5K 32
Just because a certain green bean was bored, he decided to create a civil war game, class 1A and 1B won't forget this easy. Now planning everything...
8.8K 340 16
What would happen, if Izuku really did what Katsuki told him to? Would anybody actually care that he was 'dead'? This generation lives in a world whe...