The Brave Human Mate

By NerdyxWitch

[COMPLETED] Just over a decade ago, Princess Amory of Vrovaria saved the life of a young pup and watched the... More

-Author's Note-
Introduction
Prologue
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.
Epilogue

33.

507 21 6
By NerdyxWitch

* * ☾ * *

Healer Rhea's POV

The relief that Rhea had felt when exiting the meeting room was something that could not be described. Not in so many words at least, so when Stephan had found her standing idly by, he came forward and wrapped a supportive hand over her shoulder and turned to face her properly.

Only to find that her eyes were filled with tears.

"What is it? What's wrong?" He stumbled over his words as he managed to stand directly in front of her. He began caressing the better part of her face—Trying to detect any wrongdoings or injuries that might be pressing her at the moment.

"Just a happy cry. I don't think I would've been able to tell all those waiting for me bad news." Stephan sighed, nodding along.

This wasn't an ideal situation of course, but he would make do. He always did, and if anything, the woman beside him was just the same. Even with their courtship pending, there were a few dozen things that needed to get done as well.

The infirmary was running on the sheer will and stress of two hardly trained Healers that were more suitable as helpers than pupils, but Rhea approved of their motivation and dedication—And she thanked them endlessly.

In reality, Sadie and Noira were just thankful that their Mentor had returned, and with the promise of another Healer to aid them!

Rumor had spread about Rhea's miraculous return, and it was downplayed—Not only did the pack know about the King's obsessive nature, but the Alpha had made it known that they would do everything in their power to protect her.

Or so help them, goddess, they would be right back to worry about the health and care of their loved ones.

Course, Rhea couldn't see many patients a day. Not when she was meeting with the higher tiers about her coming project, making sure her males were alright, and training her pupils—On top of trying this courtship with Stephan.

But at the end of the day, it was the fact that she could sit down and unwind in someone's arms that truly made things at ease.
That she felt protected, cared for, and guarded.

Rhea did not know what Stephan had said to Cedric, but there was no doubt some sort of blame and guilt festering in Cedric. So the first had been a few glances in her direction and nothing more, not when they were alone at least.

It wasn't until she had a straightforward discussion with him that there was no harm done, no matter what anyone says. This wasn't his fault, and the poor male had cried out his relief that she felt this way.

Clearly, her abandonment had done more harm than good, and thus, she relished in the fact that she meant so much to this pack. And did her best to speak with as many pack members as she could, acquiring job opportunities for the new groups incoming.

The foundation of Rhea's property was already remodeled to fit the plans, dozens of trees were being cut down and crafted into the proper sizes to start the build of the large home—One that would house everyone for the time being, as the plans indicated.
Course, that would change when the individual homes were set to be built.

As of yet, there were only two dozen living on the property, and Rhea did her best to make sure they were fed and comfortable. However, the wind had given way, and the rumors of her shack being upgraded had called forth the better half of the pack.
The builders offered their support, the smith had offered to refine or borrow out tools that they would need.

The farmers had already set the inquiry for animals, and Rhea had purchased a good few of the pick—Hoping that Nelo would favor that since his woodwork was more so when things were finished or small. But no matter, even now, he was very diligent in the care for his young chickens and the young goats that caused more trouble than they were worth.

But Rhea was just thankful to see a smile on Nelo's face.

As well as everyone else's.

It had gone better than expected, so far at least, not to mention that Stephan was such a charming male that Rhea was cursing herself silly and had not opened her heart out sooner.

Together, they had breakfast and spent the better half of the morning with the three pups, giving them the attention they needed—As well as deciding that their nanny could use the break.

And Stephan agreed that he wanted to start seeing them more often, as per their pup status not being so little and helpless anymore.

Currently, Rhea was reading to the three of them. All curled up comfortably and mindful that she's hurt. It was a painful conversation that Stephan and she had to get through.
As she wanted nothing more than to chase and play with them without limitation.

But Rhea's body was still healing as best it could, and with the normal actions of the day, it was a bigger strain—Meaning she was exhausted quite quickly. Even now, holding the book up and reading out loud the story, was pushing her to the point of joining the pups in their nap.

And that is exactly how Stephan had found her, smiling upon the scene he stumbled upon. But he knew that the pups were being too quiet to either be up to something or snoring away.

He was in no position in distributing them, so he turned back into his den and shook his head to both his Beta and Delta. "She won't be joining us."

"She asleep? Goddess, I was wondering if she was still human after all."

"She gets plenty of sleep, believe me. It's that damned injury that is bothering her so much." Stephan reminded, and the Delta ducked his head to the side and took to seating in Rhea's seat.

Considering she would not be here for the discussion.

"Sir, a lot of the pack has voiced their worry on how the King might respond to the pack if he finds out we've hidden her."

"Then he should've specified when asking for a report." He quipped, taking the first bite and allowing the others to do the same. But the Beta had remained still. "A technicality. You are betting the safety of the entire pack on a technicality."

"We are about to be the largest packs outside the Kingdom walls, the King wouldn't dare. And neither with her males and those that are moving in, they won't just allow her to be taken."

"Allow? This is the King we're talking about. We were lucky he didn't retaliate when you asked him to leave." Stephan shrugged, but it was the Delta's turn to speak.
"The King has called back his searches, I think they are growing hopeless all things considered. The inn has been reinstated and all traces are gone." The Alpha had remained silent, and took into account what has happened.

"No, he wouldn't give up the search. Not so easily. He's just like his father, goes until the very end. It must be his council of noblemen. Either they don't believe in the Rogue King to this attacks or otherwise." It was clear that the Alpha didn't expect to hear this type of moves, and thus, things were still a bit suspicious in terms of whether or not the search was still ongoing.

"From the testaments Rhea has given, there are dozens of names that lived within the city lines. What if that is how the noblemen are staying in power? A wolf doesn't belong in the city, Alpha. They'll need other forms of power than brute strength." It was true, the wolves living in the Kingdom walls were growing lazy and arrogant in that type of lifestyle.

Whereas those in the outer walls were more prone to understanding how the meal gets to the table. If the Alpha wanted to guess, the top three Lycan noblemen hadn't hunted properly in years.

Which was unheard of here, though he supposed that those like Nelo were a special case. He was starting to favor the male more than he thought possible, even though the others were hard-working and dedicated.
The fact that the pack hadn't said anything negative was a blessing.

And a curse, as Stephan and the rest of her males were wondering if the pack was worried that Rhea would leave if her people were rejected.

Regardless, the month of uncertainty would be the hardest, if not on him, then on the moving parts making the transition as easy as possible.

The following evening, however, when Rhea had limped from the washroom, Stephan had leaned forward in bed—Pausing any and all thoughts when he caught just how beautiful the female was before him.

"The goddess has been so kind to me..." His voice had lingered in the air for a moment before Rhea's smile blossomed in delight. "Have you looked in the mirror lately, Stephan...I think I've been blessed myself." She states, sitting down and leaning forward to place a kiss to his all-too-eager lips.

"We are doing this backward, aren't we?"

"Which part?"

"The part where you escort me home before the sun sets for the day. Where we're in the company of others."

"Ah, but those are in the chance I corrupt you. If anyone is doing any sort of corrupting, it is you to me." She rolled her eyes and moved carefully to settle herself in bed further beside him. It was always a slow process, even passing the one-month mark has been a toll on Rhea's body.

Granted, as she finally settled in, all clean and prepared for a relaxing evening beside her Alpha. The male seemingly had other plans, one that resulted in a mention of touching, kissing, and the occasional grope where the injuries would allow.

It warmed her body to the fullest, to be given this type of attention solely on her personality and not what her title or looks could give. It meant that Stephan had feelings for more than just Queen Amory.

And Rhea wasn't sure that she could have said the same back as her time as Princess—Her friends were all those in waiting or daughters of the rich. All were trained to take attention to detail and perhaps even, most notably, out Rhea when she was at her weakest.

It was why she had dismissed them all when her mother died, as she did not see the point to keep them around when all they would do is talk about such trivial little details of dresses and other men.

Rhea had no need for that—Amory had no need for that.

Here, Rhea was curious as to what this would lead to—Of course, as a Healer, she has expressive knowledge about sexual intercourse, but never to the point of her own experience.

She could list more protection options than positions one could have sex in.

At first, she had found that odd, but when Stephan's body had overlapped hers, bringing himself to align perfectly with her lips and offer a continuation as to what they had started off to the side.

This was not innocent. This had turned into something that she had never thought—Dreamt possible.

Her body hummed in recognition of the male's eager touches, ever so cautious as not to disturb her wound. The caresses paired well with his soft voice, speaking through his actions and how much he enjoyed it.

"Goddess, you are perfect..." He whispered against her neck, one that was fully exposed as she gasped into the night. These playful touches getting were getting increasingly addictive, for both the male and female in the equation.

As Stephan's advances had turned braver, distracting her from his drifting hand, he curled underneath her nightgown and fumbled with a curse as she let out a small pleased laugh to see that he wasn't afraid of continuing further.

That she was at all desirable in this way was surprising her to the point of no return, and she couldn't think of an instance where his hand didn't continue forward. So Rhea gave her encouragement as Stephan took to gauging her reaction. "We can stop—"

"You stop I will castrate you, Alpha." She warned, and a smile was soon pressed against her lips and settled the matter. His fingers dove further into her nightmare and spread apart her thighs to press further.

And goddess forbid that anything Rhea had done to herself in previous years to relieve the tension, had been surpassed entirely.

The swift peddling of his fingers had blossomed a rush of tranquility as Rhea's head had urged up to the ceiling as she contained her excitement. "Let me hear you, female. Tell me how it feels." It was nearly a plea to hear that he wasn't hurting her or causing any unintentional pain.

"So good..." She whispered, hardly giving it much more of a fight as her free hand wrapped into the locks of his hair, desperate to get a grip on the sensation swirling at the root of her—

A sharp gasp took over her thoughts as Stephan had found the spot of weakness, curiously enough, she-wolves and humans weren't so different after all. Not that he would know, the last time he thought of a female beside his mate was during his adolescent years.

There was no giving—Only receiving.

Here, he took his time and watched as Rhea withered underneath him and spouted bits of unfinished sentences that made him worry that she lost her mind. But she's fallen under the spell a release could give her.

Give them both.

Perhaps it was cruel on his own part, not to think further than giving her pleasure. As once she had come down from her high and started to seem more coherent with the world around her, her hand started to find a pattern and stroke his thigh. Only for him to shift away—though it was difficult to hide his cock when moving away.

And one look had caused Rhea to pout as her own advances were taken away. "Steph—"

"This was for you, not me...Rest. We have the rest of our lives." She swallowed unsurely, watching the male exit the room and find pleasure in private.
Leaving Rhea ever the more sedated, but very confused.

______

Date: 05/03/23

Time: 9:55

Words: 2436

Author's Note:

The Brave Human Mate has reached 1k reads!!

It hurt to write this scene with Stephan and Rhea, but all will be right itself soon...
Hopefully.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 106K 46
"You were made for me. And I, for you." His breath is right beside my ear and I tightly shut my eyes closed. He leans down closer. "I was made to lo...
224K 8.4K 60
[COMPLETED] BOOK ONE of the LACKING HUMANITY SERIES * * * In a cold and damped cell lies a young she-wolf whose life is controlled by scientists. All...
19.1K 420 34
"I want to claim you right here, so you know you're mine." His nose lightly traced a line down to the base of my neck. He placed a soft kiss on my sk...
2.5M 89.1K 55
Carrie's pack life was going perfectly. Chosen mate to the alpha, acting luna to her pack, and in love with her fiancé, she had nothing to complain a...