Neutral Line

By VioletYbrehl

For years, people tended to believe the world is all about good and bad people, that it's entirely separate a... More

Author's Note
1: Origin
3: Little Genius
4: UA's Gremlin
5: Set up
6: Disappointment
7: Stupidity
8: Details
9: Recruitment
10: Ominous
11: Tragedy
12: Pointing Direction
13: Behind The Scene
14: Operation: The Fall
15: Deal
16: Incident
17: Connection
18: The Day
19: Confrontation
20: Interlude
21: Trial
22: Table Turn
23: Realm of User

2: Izuku

636 19 196
By VioletYbrehl

"I think we should buy a new house. One with a wide backyard!" Hisashi commented. They are in a playground having a family day.

He looks fondly to Izuku who has an endless energy while Machia who is in his smallest form, is playing with him. Tenko who meekly joined them while Izuku blabbered some broken phrases, bouncing in his seat, and happily laughing with the two companions he had.

It's been a week since Tenko got into their house, Inko who had a strong parental instinct immediately mentally adopted the poor kid.

"A small house is fine. I don't need someone in our own house roaming around. I could probably handle everything. I'll be back in the company when Izuku is 10," Inko said. Hisashi automatically nodded.

"Yeah a small house is fine, Dear!" He said. Izuku then didn't care that much and kept on touching Tenko.

Tenko being scared that Izuku would turn into dust, paled when it happened. But even without gloves, Izuku could touch his hands. At first, Tenko is absolutely terrified. But upon realizing nothing happened to Izuku, he slowly tried to take Izuku's hands.

Izuku who's blabbering, just happily took his hands and pulled him. They started a tag and Machia became the poor tagger. They run together while Machia is pretending to chase them. Tenko started to laugh while running with Izuku.

"They bond immediately, I thought it would take a while for Tenko-kun to warm up!" Inko said and laughed.

"I'm really sure Izuku knew what he was doing!" Hisashi chuckled too.

The Midoriya family went shopping for Tenko's clothes as well as temporary gloves. Because Hisashi doesn't want Tenko to grow up being afraid of his own quirk. Tenko is a bit shy at first but gradually, because of Inko's smile and persistence, Tenko tries to find something he likes. They also brought some toys with Izuku and some books that Izuku is trying to get.

Inko just loves to shower her two boys with some love they deserve so she needs to spoil them. So in the end, Hisashi and Machia become their chaperone. Upon going to a restaurant, they bumped into someone.

"Inko-chan?" A woman's voice asks. Looking at her back, her eyes widen to see someone she's familiar with.

"Mitsuki-chan!" Inko immediately greets Mitsuki and does some cheek kissing.

"Masaru-kun! It's been a while!" She said as she smiled.

"Yeah it's been a while. How's life?" Mitsuki asks. Grinning as she looks at Inko's back.

"This is my husband, Hisashi, then my two sons, my oldest, Tenko and my youngest, Izuku!" Inko formally introduced her family.

"Hello little one! I'm your aunt Mitsuki. By the way, this is our child, Katsuki. Katsuki says hi to your auntie," Katsuki just created some blabber.

"Since we just met, why don't you join us in our early dinner? We are now heading to a restaurant. And since we're inviting you, it's our treat!" Inko happily said.

"Oh! Let's catch up then. And maybe we could do some play dates!" Mitsuki said. The two women gradually got into their own world. Both Masaru and Hisashi just sigh and smile. Both men had some shopping bags as they followed their wives.

At the restaurant, the two women continue to talk while having Izuku and Katsuki on their lap. Izuku is well behaved and just plays with his toys. Hisashi did make the order.

--*--

As the years passed, Izuku gradually became more and more quiet and reserved. Hisashi feels a bit worried because of what's happening but Inko, who had been a hands on mom told him to stop worrying.

"I just can't stop worrying since he's been like this. Is there some wrong?" Hisashi ask his wife in their bed. Inko sighs and looks at her husband.

"Izuku is dealing with the truth," Inko said. Hisashi didn't reply.

"He slowly sees what you saw before... The cruelty of the world. You know how much I don't want to restrict Izuku so he had endless access to the Internet. I saw all his history in his laptop and it's mostly about heroes and news. Our son is smarter and more mature than many kids his age," Inko said. Hisashi had a hard time processing that information.

He wanted to shield Izuku from the cruelty of the world. But his wife allows Izuku to know those cruelty he tried to shield him. But then, it was the same thing he did to Yoichi and he rebelled against him. He doesn't want that to happen again.

He can't lose his family again.

"He is fine, dear! All we need to do is to guide him and never let him be completely isolated from his own world. Let him realize that his family is with him," Inko said and smiled. Hisashi trusts his wife more than he trusts himself so he nodded.

Both of their kids grow up full of love. They are a tight knit family.

As they grow up, Izuku seems to love going out for a walk in disguise. They don't have any clue why he always did that.

"Mama!" Izuku greeted. Tenko is following him as both boys are looking at them.

"Something's wrong?" Inko ask. Izuku suddenly puts a folder to the table which makes Hisashi spit his coffee.

"Where did you get this, honey?" Inko asks as he carries Izuku.

"Don't carry me mama! I'm a big boy!" Izuku said. Inko giggles and puts him in a high stool. Tenko also sat on the next stool.

"Mom, we saw this uhm... Documents. Well, more like Zuzu saw some sketchy document somewhere. I wanted to ask, who is Tomura Shigaraki.... And Mikumo Akatani?" Tenko curiously asks.

"It's us, onii-chan!" Hisashi almost choked his coffee.

"Zuzu! I know you're smart. So could you explain why this is us?!" Tenko asks his brother. Inko looks to Hisashi as he starts to sweat.

"Uhm... Its... It's nothing, kids!" Hisashi said and awkwardly smiled.

"Well! Daddy is a villain! But he is a super secret good person! He fights those bad guys before who wanted to peng! Peng! Those who have meta abilities!" Izuku said and gesture some gun being shoot to somewhere.

"So he created this, for us because he is a villain who's super secret good person! They wanted him gone! With new names we could hide!" Izuku said happily.

Hisashi dropped his mug in the floor that creates a messed. Tenko look to Hisashi with wide eye.

"But... Wasn't villain a bad guy?" Tenko curiously ask.

"Is Daddy bad? He is a super villain!" Izuku exclaim.

"No! Dad is a good person! If not, he wouldn't adopt me!" Tenko immediately said.

"Kids! Kids! Calm down okay? Imagine this, Tenko-kun, sometimes villain wasn't the bad guy. Look at this situation. For example, I have a heart decease. I need some treatment and heart donor. But we are poor and the money we get only feed us weekly. If our expenses exceed for food, we will have no money," Inko started.

"Th-thats... Don't say that," Tenko look nervously to Inko as Inko smile.

"I sadly need some treatment and the doctors advise us to put me on a list of patients that needs heart donor. Looking at the bills you need to pay, you need a large amount of money. What will you do?" Inko ask.

"Uhm... I will find help? In friends and other relative?" Tenko ask.

"But what if they are short of money, and your friends can't give you that much?" Inko ask.

"Find some job?" Tenko nervously said.

"But you are only 8, no one would hire you. What will you do now?" Inko ask who's finding something in a cabinet.

"I... I don't know!" Tenko said and look down.

"Some of us would probably think of robbing a bank!" Izuku said and eat some toast. Hisashi doesn't know whether to laugh or cry at this moment.

"Zuzu! Thats bad!" Tenko shouted.

"Onii-chan its bad, yes. But I don't want mama to die! Besides some politians even took money for taxes we pay. And its huge ammount!" Izuku explain. Inko laugh.

"Smart ass!" Hisashi mutter.

"Still!" Tenko lool down because he did think the same. Inko then gave Tenko a folder.

"Izuku is right, the person who's in that position did rob a bank. He managed to save his mother before he was arrested. He was immediately considered a villain, Was he a bad person?" Inko ask. Tenko immediately shook his head.

"I'm not saying that villains are all good. But some of them was just maybe force by the people around them, or the situation they are in force them to commit crimes. And just like not all villains are entirely evil, not all heroes are saint. Some of them use their fame to do bad things. Some even abuse their position like Endeavour!" Inko explain and smile.

"So mama, could you explain this?" Izuku ask. Inko smiled and sat on a stool.

"Well, this document is just a "what if" case. You might not use it," Inko said.

"Wait! Mikumo had white hair and blue eyes. He is Zuzu's twin!" Tenko looks to Izuku who just shrugged.

"Those disguises..." Hisashi muttered and looked at Izuku who was eating some toast.

"Smart as brat!" Hisashi mutters under low tone and sighs.

"Cool!" Tenko seems to realize it too.

"It's just easy to understand!" Izuku said.

"I'll just clean these messes," Hisashi said pertaining to the coffees and pieces of broken cups on the floor.

--*--

Izuku went to his parents room that night while pulling Tenko. It's been unspoken that Izuku already had a quirk at the age of 2. Helping Tenko to have controls over his quirk as Izuku had a natural protective skin that allows him not to get harmed by anything. Izuku can feel some tingling sensation while holding his brother's hand if he wasn't wearing gloves and practicing on his quirk. Which really helps Tenko in controlling his quirk. Because he wouldn't be worried about hurting Izuku while practicing with him.

All of them know how powerful and how dangerous his quirk is. But they still treat him like a normal child.

"Mama! Daddy!" He said and went to his parents bed.

"Something's wrong honey?" Inko ask.

"Did you know why you are both here?" Hisashi asked the two.

"No, he just pulled me here," Tenko said.

"I want to tell everyone I'm quirkless!" Izuku announce. Both Inko and Hisashi look at each other while Tenko looks at him worriedly.

"But... That's dangerous, Izuku. You know that," Hisashi said worriedly. Izuku knows how much Hisashi and Inko fought for the rights of people without quirks. But the discrimination has already been so bad that they are mostly "powerless".

"I know that! But... I also know how dangerous my quirk is! And I wanted to know something..." Izuku said.

"What was it, Zuzu?" Tenko ask.

"Uhm.. Who would stay if I am quirkless? I'll be fine. My quirk would protect me," Izuku said. Izuku manage to convince his parents through reasonings.

--*--

Rumours had been circulating that Izuku was quirkless. It really doesn't bother Izuku that much. After all, he doesn't have any reason to please others. He was just calm as if nothing really happened.

"Heh! The world is really fair! So what if he is smart, in the end he is still quirkless!" One of the teachers said. She's been secretly resenting Izuku because Izuku is smarter than her child. Now that Izuku become quirkless of course she will use it to turn everybody against them.

She started to create a rumour that Quirklessness is a disease and they might become quirkless too if they approach Izuku. Of course, kids are naive, and believe what their teacher said, and start to isolate Izuku. Katsuki was endlessly praised by everyone and he likes it. He is after all the best and he will be the number one hero.

In a lake, Izuku is playing with stones, he made those stones bounce a lot. Until a group of kids saw him, Katsuki grin and throw stones in the lake. It bounces in the water which makes Katsuki look smugly to them.

"How many times did it skip, Kacchan?" One of the kids asked who looked at Katsuki with awe.

"7 times!" Katsuki proudly said and put both of his hands in his waist.

"Wow! Awesome Kacchan!" Another kid said.

"And how about you?" Katsuki asked.

"10 times!" Izuki plainly said. He threw another stone and the four kids all widened their eyes. It's really 10 times.

"You! Your stone is supposed to sink!" Katsuki exclaims. Izuku frowns and looks to Katsuki.

"Why is it supposed to sink?" Izuku ask.

"Because you're useless!" Katsuki said! The three kids all laugh.

"Yeah! You don't have a quirk after all!" The kid with small red wings said.

"It's called skills! It really doesn't matter if you have a quirk or not!" He took another stone and threw it again. This time the stone bounced 11 times.

"It's about timing, force, and strength!" Izuku said.

"You!" Izuku just walked away and didn't want to deal with Katsuki. These kinds of scenarios just continue to provoke Izuku.

--*--

In a playground where Izuku is reading some books. Katsuki is showing off some ball bouncing using his legs. He was 6 and others still continue to taunt him because he is "Quirkless".

"See? Easy peasy!" Suddenly, the ball fell on Izuku's head. Izuku didn't even react.

"Izuku! You suck! You can't even dodge the ball!" Katsuki said. The kids all laugh. Izuku just sighs and leaves them.

"Oi!" Katsuki started to shout at him.

--*--

In the playground, a bucket that has name of Izuku is now in Katsuki's hands.

"Izuku can be pronounce as Deku! Just look at this kanji!" Pointing out at the kanji "出".

"Kacchan, you can read Kanji?" The kid that could grow fingers ask.

"Of course I can! And Deku means useless trash!" He said with smug.

"My name could only been pronounce in two ways, Izu-ku, and De-ru. You just twisted the name to Dekunobo which means a wooden doll. If by logic you use, since deru sounds Deku, then Deku could be dekiru! Which means you can do it," Izuku retorted. The three kids look to Katsuki who's gritting his teeth.

"Does it make you feel better?" Izuku ask looking to Katsuki.

"What?" Katsuki ask.

"Does it make you feel better after you insult me? I really don't understand why you keeps on picking me up," Izuku calmly said.

"Because you are trash! The bottom of all of us!" Katsuki retorted.

"If its real, so why are you stooping so low? If I'm lower than everyone, does it mean I'm precious because you keeps on giving me attention? After all, Kacchan had been the highest pillar of our school. I feel so honored that Kacchan is gracing me his precious time," Izuku said without any emotion. It went silent not because they understood everything. But because Izuku used a lot of big word that they didn't understand. Its like that until Katsuki who looks angry pops some small explosion.

He tried to use it against Izuku but Izuku didn't even flinch. He simply stands up and takes the explosion.

He just left after Katsuki froze in where he stood.

--*--

"I just don't care what he did," Izuku said after he told Tenko what happened.

"Still! It's bullying, Zuzu! Just say a word and Onii-chan will turn them into dust!" Tenko said with determination. Izuku just chuckle and hugs his big brother. The bond of these two brothers are always been strong. It has never been a bother for the two that Tenko is an adopted child nor the fact that he is the grandson of Shimura Nana.

Messing with one of them means messing with the other. Tenko even remember when he was 7, Izuku is three when he found out that Tenko was bullied by his entire class for having a "villainous quirk" Tenko didn't know who did it. Whether its his mom, dad, or Izuku itself. But one day, multiple students was taken by social workers because their parents was arrested. Their home teacher disappear for a week and went back being scared to him. The other student who was left, immediatelt apologize to him and told him that they wouldn't bother him anymore.

After that time, school was peaceful. Although he was isolated, at least no one hurt him anymore. He didn't told him to his family because he doesn't want to be a bother to them. He's already been far too grateful that he become part of their family. And the fact that they support his hobby, which is video games is already been an absolute bliss.

So Tenko wanted to at least protect his baby brother so he could at least give back to the Midoriya family.

"Its fine, Onii-chan. I cannot be hurt remember? Their words wouldn't hurt me. It will only hurt if you allow yourself to be hurt by those words. I wouldn'y stood so low in their level!" Izuku cheekly said. Tenko fondly hug his brother.

He love hugs specially a hug from Izuku. Because he can freely do that with or without his gloves.

"Lets go down and help Mom to prepare our dinner!" Tenko said.

"I hope its Katsudon!" The two run downstair and help Inko in cooking.

"By the way, boys tomorrow, Bakugou's would come here for a dinner. Would it be fine?" Inko ask.

"Can I go as Mikumo?" Izuku ask with a smile. Inko look to Izuku for a while and nodded.

"Thanks mom!" Izuku said. Hisashi went home greeting the two with big hugs as thet had a peaceful dinner.

--*--

In Izuku's room that is connected to his lab where he experiments a lot of thing, he was focus on doing something.

In his computer, he's been hacking his father's business contact and tried to find something interesting.

Suddenly, when he got in Letter N, he saw a name that interest him. Izuku grin and took his number. It seems like everything will be a bit interesting now.

Nezu (UA's Principal)
+81*********

--*--

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.6K 1K 55
What do you do when you get pushed aside by the world, well to Izuku it was clear, make his own, one where the mistakes of the past presumptions and...
4.5K 181 25
- A pyrokinesis Izuku AU He lies to himself, and he knows it. At one point it was the only thing keeping him afloat besides his mom's kind nature. Th...
6.9K 169 31
A year after the Komino incident, Izuku Midoryia world will change for the best or worse. He will be living a life of lies. All because he was in the...
73.4K 3K 64
Death. Blood. Villains. Trust. Love. Friends. Izuku had forgotten the real meaning of those words. All of them had combined into a weird mixture by...