King of The Dragons (Wings of...

By boomboomabc

The Wyvern of Destiny, The Wyvern of Destruction, The Black Flame, The Dark Demise, The King of Monsters, The... More

Part 1: Chapter 1 & 2
Part 1: Chapter 3 & 4
Part 1: Chapter 5, 6, & 7
Part 2: Chapter 8, 9, & 10
Part 2: Chapter 11, 12, & 13
Part 2: Chapter 14, 15, & 16
Part 2: Chapter 17 & 18
Part 2: Chapter 19, 20, & 21
Part 2: Chapter 22 & 23
Part 3: Chapter 24 & 25
Part 3: Chapter 26 & 27
Part 3: Chapter 28 & Epilogue
Book 2: The Lost Heir: Prologue
Part 1: Chapter 1 &2
Part 1: Chapter 3 & 4
Part 1: Chapter 5 & 6
Part 2: Chapter 7 & 8
Part 2: Chapter 9 & 10
Part 2: Chapter 11 & 12
Part 2: Chapter 13 & 14
Part 2: Chapter 15, 16, & 17
Part 2: Chapter 18, 19, & 20
Part 2: Chapter 21 & 22
Part 3: Chapter 23, 24, 25, & 26
Part 3: Chapter 27 & 28
Book 2: Epilogue
Book 3: The Hidden Kingdom: Prologue
Part 1: Chapter 1 & 2
Part 1: Chapter 3 & 4
Part 1: Chapter 5 & 6
Part 1: Chapter 7 & 8
Part 1: Chapter 9 & 10
Part 2: Chapter 11, 12, & 13
Part 2: Chapter 14, 15, & 16
Part 2: Chapter 17 & 18
Part 2: Chapter 19, 20, & 21
Part 2: Chapter 22, 23, & 24
Part 3: Chapter 25, 26, & 27
Part 3: Chapter 28 & 29
Part 3: Chapter 30 & 31
Part 3: Chapter 32 & 33
Book 3: Epilogue
Book 4: The Dark Secret: Prologue
Part 1: Chapter 1 & 2
Part 1: Chapter 3 & 4
Part 1: Chapter 5 & 6
Part 2: Chapter 7 & 8
Part 2: Chapter 9 & 10
Part 2: Chapter 11 & 12
Part 2: Chapter 13 & 14
Part 2: Chapter 15 & 16
Part 2: Chapter 17 & 18
Part 2: Chapter 19 & 20
Part 3: Chapter 21 & 22
Part 3: Chapter 23 & 24
Part 3: Chapter 25 & 26
Part 3: Chapter 27 & 28
Book 4: Epilogue
Book 5: The Brightest Night: Prologue
Part 1: Chapter 1 & 2
Part 1: Chapter 3 & 4
Part 1: Chapter 5 & 6
Part 1: Chapter 7, 7½, and 8
Part 2: Chapter 9 & 10
Part 2: Chapter 11 & 12
Part 2: Chapter 13, 14, & 15
Part 2: Chapter 16 & 17
Part 3: Chapter 18 & 19
Part 3: Chapter 20 & 21
Part 3: Chapter 22 & 23
Part 3: Chapter 24, 25, 26, 27, & 28
Book 5: Epilogue

Prologue

3.8K 32 13
By boomboomabc

Year 4,992 AS

The sun broke over the horizon lighting up the remains of an extremely old castle. It was destroyed, and scorched black from top to bottom with most of it being soaked from the storm that had happened the previous night. The storm had been odd to say the least. Swirling clouds, powerful winds, and what stood out the most was the blood red lighting and the silhouette of a massive dragon roaring above the clouds. Though the culprit was not the newly awakened dragon on the castle.

Fatalis, or rather his name Stormcaller who was named after his grandfather Stormbringer, had not noticed the storm. He was large, like most Fatalis, with a long serpentine neck, and a pair of large yet muscular wings. He had four horns and off white spikes going down his spine. His scales were black and his underbelly was a paler color. He had a scar going over one of his eyes, starting above his eye brow and ending just below how left eye. His amber colored eye itself though was left unharmed. The most distinct thing though was his right forearm. Instead of the normal black color it was pure white from his shoulder down. Much like his grandfather, Stormcaller had grown older than many other members of his species and his scales had started to turn white because of it. But today, something was different.

Stormcaller had woken up felling absolutely terrible. He didn't know why. Maybe it was the fact that he hadn't eaten for a week, or maybe it was because he hadn't visited any of the remaining monsters in a while, or maybe he was still feeling guilty about the fact that almost everyone he knew and loved had died and he hadn't. He thought about the possibilities as he walked towards the cliff side and stared out at the rough waves slamming against the rocks below. After a few minutes he sighed. "Oh well. It will probably go away later." He said as he looked back at the castle ruins he called home. "Has it always been that big?" he questioned. The castle seemed a lot bigger than it had the previous night.

"Ugggghhh. I must be going crazy." Stormcaller said as he closed his eyes and massage his temples. When the black dragon had opened his eyes he was staring into a conveniently placed puddle. But the Fatalis was more concerned about what was staring back at him. It wasn't the the great dragon who could burn the earth, melt through iron, and boil the river. It was a five year old dragonet, and it wasn't a Fatalis, or even a monster. It was one of those dragon tribes that called themselves NightWings. They had disappeared off of the continent a few thousand years ago, but they were still nearby. But what was a NightWing dragonet doing in a pu- Stormcaller quickly felt his face then looked at his body, and then back at the puddle.

It wasn't a dragonet in the puddle it was Stormcaller's reflection. He had a somewhat boxy snout, pitch black scales and two straight horns. The underside of his wings were littered with silver scales making them look like a starry night. His eyes were still the same amber color and he still had the scar going over his eye. And his right forearm was still snow white from his shoulder down. Sunlight shimmering off of the scales temporarily blinding anyone who would look at it.

'W-What could have caused this?' He wondered. 'How could I have not realized this sooner. Brother would never let me hear the end of this.' Stormcaller's brother was like most typical older brothers. Well that's what he assumed since he only had the one. Fireheart, Stormcaller's brother, was rude and would make fun of him at any chance he got but secretly cared about him like any brother should. And he would have become king when their grandfather died but he was missing at the time, and since then he hasn't done a single thing that could offend Stormcaller. But the last time they saw each other was about a few thousand years ago, give or take.

The now child king began pacing back and forth as he thought about the situation. 'If anyone finds out that the king has gone missing or has turned into a dragonet, their would be a massive uproar among the monsters and it would cause chaos for everyone. I just can't let word get out about this. That seems easy enough.' He tried to get a more positive outlook on the situation, but it wasn't working that well. If word got out about this, the dragons would most likely be blamed and then attacked. They wouldn't stand a chance against the monsters, and even though the dragons have numbers, it won't do much against an elder dragon. Stormcaller began to get himself calm down 'I can't get worried so easily. Grandfather would be disappointed in me. I just need to think, what would Starseer do'

------------------------------------------------------------

Year 5,005 AS

A dragon was trying to hide from the storm. Lighting flickered across the dark clouds covering the sky. Hvitur clutched the fragile cargo he was carrying. If he could make it over the mountains, he'd be safe. He managed to escape the Skywing palace unseen. And the secret cave was so close.

But his theft had not been a stealthy as he thought. Eyes as black as obsidian watched him from below. And yellow eyes filled with fury watched those from the shadows. The enormous dragon on the mountain had pale gold scales and radiated heat like a desert horizon. Her black eyes narrowed as she watched the glean of silver wings far up in the clouds. Her black eyes narrowed. With a flick of her tail two dragons rose from behind her and flew into the heart of the storm. A piercing screech echoed off of the mountains as their talons seized the moon-pale ice dragon.

"Bind his mouth." the waiting dragon ordered as her soldiers dropped Hvitur on the slick, wet ledge in front of her. He was already inhaling, ready to attack. "Quickly!" One of the soldiers grabbed a chain from the pile of smoldering coals. He threw it around the ice dragons snout, clamping his jaws together with a sizzling smell of burning scales. Hvitur let out a muffled scream.

"Too late." The sand dragon's forked tongue slithered in and out of her mouth. "You won't be using your freezing-death breath on us, ice dragon." "He was carrying this, Queen Burn." said one of the soldiers handing her a dragon egg. Burn squinted at the egg through the downpour. "This is not an IceWing egg," she hissed "You stole this from the SkyWing palace." The IceWing stared back at her. Hissing steam circled his snout where hot chains met cold scales.

"You thought you got away unnoticed, didn't you?" Burn said. "My SkyWing ally is not a fool. Queen Scarlet knows everything that happens in her kingdom. Her lookouts reported and IceWing thief sneaking away and I decided finding you might add some violence to my boring visit."

Burn held the large egg up to the light of the fire and turned it slowly. Red and gold shimmered below the pale, smooth surface. "Yes. This is a SkyWing egg about to hatch," Burn mused "Why would my sister send you to steal a SkyWing dragonet? Blaze hates any dragon younger and prettier than she is." She though for a moment as rain drummed on the ledge around them. "Unless . . . the brightest night is tomorrow . . . ."

Her tail flicked up like a scorpion's, the poisonous bard inches from Hvitur's eyes. "You're not in Blaze's army, are you? You're one of those insipid underground peacemongers." "The Talons of Peace?" said one of the soldiers. "You mean they're real?"

Burn snorted. "A few worms crying over a little blood. Unwrap his chains. He won't be able to freeze us until his scales cool down." The enormous sand dragon leaned closer and her soldiers pulled the chains away. "Tell me, ice dragon, do you really believe in that pompous old NightWing's prophecy?"

"Haven't enough dragons died for your war?" snarled Hvitur, wincing at the pain in his jaws. "All of Pyrrhia has suffered for the last twelve years. The prophecy says-" "I don't care. No prophecy decides what happens to me," Burn interrupted. "I'm not letting a bunch of words or baby dragons choose when I die or what I bow to. We can have peace when my sisters are dead and I am queen of the SandWings." Her venomous tail dipped closer to the silver dragon.

Rain pattered on Hvitur's scales. He glared up at her. "The dragonets are coming, whether you like it or not, and they'll choose who the next SandWing queen should be." "Really?" Burn stepped back and turned the egg slowly not noticing the massive dragon on the mountain above them, shrouded in darkness. The most distinguishable thing about it are the pair of massive horns on it's head. Her forked tongue slipped in and out of her smile. "So, IceWing. Is this egg a part of your pathetic prophecy?"

Hvitur went still.

Burn tapped lightly on the eggshell with one long talon. "Hello?" she called. "Is there a dragonet of destiny in there? Ready to come out and end this big bad war?" Lightning flashed in the sky illuminating the area. The massive dragon was closer than before. The massive horns that adorn it's head now slightly visible. But none of the dragons knew of the threat.

"Leave it alone," Hvitur choked out.

"Tell me, Burn said, "What becomes of your precious prophecy . . . if one of the five dragonets is never hatched at all?" "You wouldn't," he said. "No one would harm a dragon egg." His blue eyes were fixed desperately on her talons. Not noticing the massive dragon that was directly next to them, hidden in the shadows where the light of the fire couldn't reach.

"No 'wings of sky' to save the world," Burn said. "What a sad, sad story." She began tossing the egg from one front claw to the other. "I guess that means you should be very, very careful with this terribly important little - oops!" With an exaggerated lunge, Burn pretended the wet egg was slipping through her talons . . . and then she let it fall over the side of the cliff into the rocky darkness below.

"No!" Hvitur shrieked. He threw off the two soldiers and flung himself towards the edge. Burn slammed her massive claws down on his neck. "So much for destiny," she smirked. "So much for your tragic little movement." "You're a monster," the IceWing gasped, writhing under her talons. His voice cracked with despair. "We'll never give up. The dragonets - the dragonets will come and stop this war."

Burn leaned down to hiss into his ear. "Even if they do - it'll be to late for you." Her claws ripped through the silver dragons wings, shredding them as Hvitur shrieked in agony. With a swift movement, she stabbed her poisonous tail through his skull and flung the long, silver body over the edge of the cliff.

The ice dragons screams cut off long before the echoes of his corpse slamming into the rocks below. The SandWing turned her black eyes to her soldiers. "Perfect," she said. "That should be that last we hear about that stupid prophecy." She held out her talons so the rain could wash away the glistening dragon blood. "Let's go find something else to kill." The three dragons spread their wings and lifted off into the dark clouds.

When they were out of sight the massive dragon stepped into the light of the dying fire. It was easily two time bigger than Burn with backwards facing razor sharp scales covering it's entire body. It had two large wings and a beak like mouth. It had a patch of spikes on it's chest and on it's head were two massive serrated horns, each one the size of it's head. "You will all receive judgement soon enough," It spoke in a deep and rough voice each word dripping with malice. "You will all pay for what you have done to my lord."

Some time later, far below, a large dragon the color of rust crawled over the rocks to the broken body of the ice dragon. She nudges his tail aside and lifted a shard of eggshell from underneath it, then slipped back into the labyrinth of caves under the cliffs.

Stone walls brushed against her wings. She breathed out a plume of flame to light her way along the dark passage, deep into the mountain. "I stand with Talons of Peace," hissed a voice in the shadows. "Kestrel? Is that you?"

"We await the wings of fire," answered the red dragon. A blue-green SeaWing emerged from a side cave, and she tossed the eggshell at his feet. "Not that it'll do us much good now," she snarled. "Hvitur is dead."

The SeaWing stared at the eggshell. "But - the SkyWing egg -" "Broken," she said. "Gone. It's over, Webs." "It can't be," he said. "Tomorrow is the brightest night. The three moons will all be full for the first time in a century. The dragonets of the prophecy have to hatch tomorrow."

"Well, one of them is already dead," Kestrel said. Rage flickered in her eyes. "I knew I should have stolen the SkyWing egg myself. I know the Sky Kingdom. They wouldn't have caught me a second time." Webs Grimaced, scratching one claw over the gills along his neck. "Asha is dead, too."

"Asha?" A spurt of flame shot from Kestrel's nose. "How?" "Caught in a battle between Blaze's and Blister's forces on the way here. She still made it with the red MudWing egg, but she dies of her wounds soon after."

"So it's just you, me, and Dune to raise the little worms," Kestrel growled. "For a prophecy that can never be fulfilled. Let's break the cursed eggs now and be done with it. We'll be long gone before the Talons of Peace return for the dragonets." "No!" Webs hissed. "Keeping the dragonets alive for the next eight years is more important than anything. If you don't ant to be part of that-"

"All right, enough," Kestrel snapped. "I'm the strongest dragon in the Talons of Peace. You need me. It doesn't matter how I feel about nasty little dragonets." She eyed the eggshell on the floor, rubbing her scarred palms together. "Although I though at least one of them would be a SkyWing." "I'll find us a fifth dragonet." Webs pushed past her, scales scraping against rock. "There's no way back into the Sky Kingdom, brainless," she said. "They'll be guarding the hatchery closely now."

"Then I'll get an egg somewhere else," he said grimly. "The RainWings don't even count their eggs - I could take one from the rain forest without anyone noticing." "Of all the horrible ideas," Kestrel said with a shudder. "RainWings are wretched creatures. Nothing like SkyWings." "We have to do something," Webs said. He hissed as his tail sent the eggshell skittering across the floor. "In eight years, the Talons of Peace will come looking for five dragonets. The prophecy says five, and we're going to make it come true . . . whatever it takes."

END OF CHAPTER

A/N

I don't really have anything to say

bye

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 127 27
(Was previously deleted) POVs: Glory, Peril, Deathbringer, Fatespeaker, Sunny. Enjoy! I can't be bothered to write a description rn XDD
21.5K 342 62
this is my first story ever written, and I got myself thinking, what if the Lawbringer from For Honor was transported into the Wings of Fire Universe...
14K 132 42
This is if Sunny got powers from her farther. May contain spoilers...
11.1K 201 30
(Feel free to use the idea of wings of fire characters in minecraft. As long as you do NOT copy from my stories.) The Dragons have found Minecraft. W...