๐…๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐๐ฌ | ๐’. ๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ซ...

By kelani_b

[ BOOK 1] What the hell are we? Tell me we weren't just friends This doesn't make much sense. More

Prologue
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43: The Finale.

32.

1.2K 42 9
By kelani_b

Alani Marie Castillo.
Oakland, CA.

Wardell and I stood speechless, neither of us knowing what to say to Sydel.

"You're pregnant with Stephen's baby?" Sydel rubbed her temples. "I defended you! I vouched for you! I was there for you and this is how you repay me? By destroying my family?"

I didn't know what to say. There's really no way I can talk myself out of this situation.

"And you? You're cheating on Ayesha! You have a family and you're throwing it away for this!" She looks at him with a disappointed expression.

"Okay, I get that you're in shock or whatever but you won't disrespect me in my own house!" I warned. Sydel and I get along great but that doesn't mean she's allowed to come at me like this. That last part was unnecessary.

Sydel huffs then turns to leave but Wardell grabs her arm and stops her. "Syd, chill! Let me explain." He locks the door and pulls her towards the bed to sit down.

I stood in the same spot with my hand on my hip, waiting for this to be over.

"What could you possibly say to make this situation any better?" She asks. I understand her frustration, Syd and Ayesha are really close. I don't know how I would feel if I found out Camila was cheating on Terrence.

"Look, Alani is pregnant with my baby. I've been trying to leave Ayesha for months now. She went as far as threatening to take the kids away if I divorce her." Wardell explained.

"You're crazy if you think I believe that." Sydel rolls her eyes and scoffs.

"You will now." He pulled his phone out and played a recording. Both Sydel and I gasp at Ayesha's vulgar words.

"What the hell?" Tears started rolling down Sydel's face.

"She's not as innocent as you think."

"But you didn't have to cheat on her, Stephen."

"I know that. I'm not in love with her anymore, Syd. You have to understand. I can't be in this relationship anymore."

"Why don't you ever tell me these things? Why didn't you talk to anybody? Does Seth know?" She asks. "We could've helped."

"He doesn't know." Wardell replied. "Nobody knows really. I'm just waiting for the right moment to tell everyone."

My head started pounding at the thought of what Sonya's gonna do when she finds out.

"What do I do in the meantime?" Sydel asks.

"You keep your mouth shut! There's like 5 people who know Wardell is my baby daddy." I said sternly. "And be happy that you have a new niece on the way."

"Don't call me your baby daddy ever again." Wardell visibly cringed.

"What are you then?"

"The father of your child." He argued.

"Focus, Wardell!" I stopped his banter and turned to Sydel who still had the same expression on her face.

"I'm not saying what y'all did was right but y'all could've handled this differently. You didn't have to go behind everyone's backs." Sydel advised.

"We kinda had to. This situation is hella complicated. Not everyone is going to understand. Much less your mother." I replied. And that was true. Nobody hates me more than Sonya. She won't even try to understand anything.

"I'll handle my mom when the time is right. Let's focus on bringing a healthy baby girl into the world." Wardell chimed in.

"I always wanted you to be my sister in law but I wasn't expecting it to be like this." Sydel chuckled. "But it's cool, I guess."

"Just know I didn't intentionally plan on doing this. The pregnancy just kinda happened because, you know Wardell-"

"No, I don't know." Sydel cut me off. "I would like to keep it that way."

"Life is gonna be weird for a while but we'll get used it eventually." Wardell says with optimism in his voice.

"Can't believe Ayesha, though." Sydel shakes her head. "That was the last thing I would expect from her."

"Well, you can never fully know a person." I said, quoting what Klay said that one time.

We spoke for a minute, filling Sydel in on the baby and Wardell wanting me to name her after him.

"WHAT HAPPENED?" We hear some commotion from downstairs.

"I hope that nigga Draymond isn't fighting anyone." Wardell jokes as we make our way downstairs. Everyone stares at us intensely as we cascade down the steps.

"What's going on?" I asked. Gia, Tiana and Draymond looked between themselves.

"Y'all not gonna talk?" Wardell asked beside me.

"I don't know how to say this, but..." Gia started but takes a long pause, which made me nervous. What could've happened to render them silent like this?

"Bitch, if you don't open your mouth!"

Gia sighed deeply before speaking. "Your store was burglarised 20 minutes ago. Lori just called to let us know."

"What the fuck?" I closed my eyes, trying to comprehend what Gia just said. My store? Burglarised?

"The police are on the scene-"

"We have to get over there now." I cut her off and began to frantically look for my purse.

"You're staying here. It could be dangerous." Wardell tried to reason but I wasn't tryna hear any of that.

"This is what I worked my entire life for. You must be crazy if you think I'll staying here!"

We can never just have peace, some bullshit always has to go down.

Wardell, Klay, Sydel, Gia, Kevin and Draymond followed behind me as we reached the cars. Wardell walked up next to me and grabbed the keys out of my hand.

"Let me drive at least." He said. I obliged and handed him the keys. Klay got into the car with us. I was too furious to care about this love triangle at the moment.

Later On.

The usual 15 drive was completed in 5 after I threatened Wardell's life a few times. Now was not the time for him to be acting like a noble citizen.

When I laid my eyes on the damage, I felt my heart drop down to my stomach. All my hard work! I had to carefully walk through the glass on the floor since the whole front glass door was shattered. Clothes were missing from the racks. When I reached my office upstairs, it was torn apart. All the pictures of family and friends were broken and so were some of the appliances around the staff common area.

"Who would do something like this?" Gia's eyes wondered over all of the carnage.

"We all know who did this!" I yelled causing everyone's attention to be on me now. "She did this!" I repeated.

"Ally, the officer said it was 2 armed men who did this." Wardell said.

"Oh, come on!" I rolled my eyes in frustration. "Don't fucking defend her!"

"I'm not defending her!"

"Can someone tell me what hell is going on?" Draymond asked while looking between Wardell and I.

"Wardell, she's not gonna stop. She's going to destroy everything I worked hard to build. I can't do this anymore. I really can't." I took a few deep breaths, trying to calm myself down. The break in, now this. It was all starting to make sense.

"If she won't stop then I'll make her." Wardell said with a dark look in his eyes, something I've never seen before. "She won't get away with this!" He kissed my forehead and walked away with Sydel following closely behind him.

"You okay?" Klay walked over and wrapped his arms around me. I couldn't hold in it any longer. There was nothing I could do except cry.

Only Lord knows how much the repairs will cost. Fuck!

Wardell Stephen Curry.
Oakland, CA.

I kept my foot on the gas pedal as we raced through the streets of Oakland. We made a quick stop at my lawyer's office before we were headed back to my house.

"Slow down, damn." Sydel says as she grips her seatbelt tighter. I ignored her and continued driving.

"When we get inside, I'll get the kids ready and you take them home with you. I don't want them to see what happens next." I ordered as we pulled up to the house.

Good thing Ayesha's car was in the driveway.

"Just don't do something you'll regret, okay." Sydel gave me a warm smile. I nodded then we made our way inside.

It was just after 9pm on a Saturday night so the kids are mostly likely awake. I helped Sydel pack some clothes for them because I was unsure of when I'd be back to pick them up. Riley and Ryan wouldn't stop asking why they had to stay at their Aunt's house for a few days. I told them I had a surprise for them so the questions died down.

"What's going on?" Ayesha walked into the girl's bedroom. "You're packing? Where are we going?"

"We're gonna stay with Syd and Uncle Damion." Riley said, making Ayesha raise an eyebrow.

I walked right past her into Canon's room and packed his stuff up. When I was done with that, I helped Sydel to the car and kissed the kids goodbye. "Be good for Sydel, okay?" They both nodded as I kissed their foreheads.

Ayesha walked up behind me as I watched the car drive off. "What's going on? Did you finally come to your senses?" She arrogantly asks.

I roll my eyes and pulled her back inside the house. I led her to the kitchen where a special sheet of paper was waiting for her.

"Sign!" I handed her a pen and pointed at the dotted line next to where my signature already was.

"The hell is this?"

"Divorce papers!" I replied.

Ayesha laughed loudly. "I'm not signing that."

"You won't sign?"

"Hell no!" She said through gritted teeth.

"Bet." I smirked then pulled my phone out to open the Instagram app. "Don't fucking play with me right now!"

"Stephen, please." She begged, but I wasn't falling for her bullshit anymore.

"Sign the fucking papers, Ayesha. I'm done playing your games. All the shit you're putting Alani through because you're jealous... Grow the fuck up!"

"I don't even know what you're talking about."

"Yes the fuck you do. The break in and now the L'Agence vandalism. You did all that! You must think I'm stupid."

"I was home with the kids all day. I swear." She continued to beg.

"I don't care! This is over so sign the papers, now!" I pushed the papers closer to Ayesha. Her eyes scanned over them as she read it over. "You get to keep the house. You have a reasonable alimony rate. We'll both have legal custody of the kids. Any questions?"

"I have one." She let's out a shaky breathe. "Why was it always her over me?"

"I don't think you want the answer to that." I warned.

She took a second to think about it. "You're right. I'd rather not know." She gave me one last glance before signing on the dotted line and I wanted to jump for joy right then, but that would be inappropriate.

"There you go. You're a free man." Ayesha gave me a half smile.

"It didn't have to come to this, you know." I reminded her.

"Don't torture me anymore, okay. I get it. You're free now. Go be with Alani. I know you're itching to tell her the good news." Ayesha dismissed me with a surprising smile on her face. "You'll regret this."

It's over.

It's really over.

This went way better than I expected. A little too good, I might add.

Let's just hope it's actually over this time and no more surprises happen.

Alani Marie Castillo.
Oakland, CA.

After completely crying my eyes out and talking to the police for hours, I was ready to knock out. Babygirl must've sensed something was wrong because she hasn't stopped moving and it's been causing me some discomfort.

I just got out of the shower and now I'm just applying some moisturiser to my belly to keep the stretch marks away. I look up into the reflection of the mirror and see Klay standing in the doorway watching me.

"Thompson? You okay?" I asked.

"I should be asking you that."

I shrugged my shoulders. "What's done is done. I'll talk to my team and we'll decide what happens next. Somebody's definitely getting charged for this, though. I'll make sure of it."

Klay is completely silent as he fidgets with his pockets.

"Can I ask you something?" He finally speaks up. I nod in response, waiting for him to continue.

"Where did you and Steph disappear to earlier today?"

"Klay, don't start this jealousy thing again." I roll the cap back on the moisturiser and set it down on the counter.

"As your boyfriend, I'm entitled to know."

I kissed my teeth and pushed past him then walked back into my bedroom and sat on the bed.

"I went upstairs to freshen up. Wardell came in after me. We talked for a bit until Sydel also came up. Anything else?" It wasn't entirely a lie, but doesn't need to know everything.

Klay sighed. "You know he wants you back, right?"

I shook my head no.

"He told me to my face. How crazy is that? It's like he has no respect for our relationship at all." Klay explained.

That's Wardell for you. He'll hurt your feelings when he doesn't give a fuck.

"Well, I'm with you now. Isn't that all that matters?"

"But are you really with me, though? I know you and Steph have history but this- this is real. Alani, I'm falling in love with you." He admits and I freeze.

What the hell am I supposed to say? I enjoy spending time with him and we get along great. My friends and family love him.

I have feelings for Klay. I'm not quite sure if it's love per say.

Klay stares at me deeply, waiting for a reply. I really don't want to hurt his feelings so I pull him in for a passionate kiss, hoping that would convey what I'm trying to say.

A moan escaped my lips when feel his soft hands graze over my exposed skin.

Forgive me, but it's been a while and these hormones ain't helping either.

Authors note.
Wrote this while I was half asleep so if it doesn't make sense, I apologise. ✨🤣
Team Klaylani or Walani? Let me know. Don't forget to vote and comment!
- Kelani 💕💕💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 4K 48
"You fuck my boyfriend, I fuck your brother. Checkmate bitch" **disclaimer: this book is influenced by the two books Spite; k.t. by chillxklay and Wa...
88.1K 2.1K 30
"ษชแด› สŸแดแดแด‹๊œฑ สŸษชแด‹แด‡ แด˜แด€ษชษขแด‡ แด€ษดแด… แด„แด€แดษชสŸสŸแด‡ แด€ส€แด‡ แดกแดส€แด‹ษชษดษข แด€ษขแด€ษชษด๊œฑแด› แด‡แด€แด„สœ แดแด›สœแด‡ส€ แดษด แด›สœแด‡ แด„แดแดœส€แด›, แด„แดแดแด˜แด‡แด›ษชษดษข? แด€ษดแด… ษชแด›๊œฑ แดกแดส€แด‹ษชษดษข! ษช'แด แด‡ ษดแด‡แด แด‡ส€ ๊œฑแด‡แด‡ษด ส™แด‡แด›แด›แด‡ส€ แด˜สŸแด€ส๊œฑ ษชษด ษดแด„แด€แด€ สœษช๊œฑแด›แดส€...
14.9K 683 16
"๐—ถ๐—ณ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚'๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด, ๐—ถ'๐—น๐—น ๐—ด๐—ฒ๐˜ ๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚. ๐—ถ๐—ณ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚'๐—ฟ ๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด, ๐—ถ'๐—น๐—น ๐—ด๐—ผ ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐˜„๐—ป ๐˜„...
179K 7.5K 19
At first we were inseparable. Then we became distant. And now we're just memories. Based on the movie Love & Basketball (DONT STEAL MY WORK)