The Reincarnation

By Wings006

Carmella Vee didn't live the best life but she was grateful for the things she cherished. After a freak stunt... More

Foreword
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40

Chapter 39

7 0 0
By Wings006

*************
*Leon*
*************

Where is she? I check all over the room, even under her bed. Her clothes aren't here either.

My heart is racing as I recall our night together. It was something which I did not intend to happen but I found myself going along with Car's flow. No. Is that even her real name? Has her whole being up until now been an act? A show she put on so she could be my servant?

I should be feeling disgusted that someone like her was able to break down the barriers I had spent years building around my heart but instead, what is this strange, unfamiliar feeling? It's something which I do not dislike.

Looking around, I see the open window and sigh. She has really left. I want to know the answers to the many questions which have piled up into my mind. The only person who can give me the answers is her.

Sitting on the bed, my eyes widen. Is that blood? My heart is beating like a drum. I frown and quickly roll up the bedsheet. I can't let the servants wash these in case they notice.

"Your Highness, Lady Fern Davici and her brother Sir Gaylen have arrived."

I nod at the servant who has popped by to inform me. They have been visiting often so Lady Fern can become accustomed to palace rules. My father won't listen to my refusal of marrying her but can I still marry her now that I have slept with another woman?

Another thing which is bothering me is that Car seems close to Lady Fern and Sir Gaylen. It was almost as if they knew each other. Will they have the answers I am searching for?

If I ask them, they'll get curious which would probably lead to my father discovering our relationship. I bite my lower lip, remembering the deep kiss we shared last night.

Standing up, I step out of my room and leave the palace. I have more important things to do than chauffeur the Davici siblings around.

My heart hasn't stopped racing and all I can think about is her. Her soft brown eyes as they stared up at me and her black curly hair which I played with countless times. Her short frame which I loved to poke fun at and her beautiful face which never left my mind.

Whoever you are, I won't stop until I find you!

*************
*Carmella*
*************

My first thought was to go see Jasmine in Jemsi but I remembered that Leon knows where that is and would probably try to look for me there. That is, if he actually cares enough to search for me.

"Let's go to the next town over." I say to Glean as we fly through the sky. We have been flying for several hours now since I couldn't decide where to hide.

"Why are you running away again Master?" Glean asks.

I frown, "Even if I am, don't say it that way. I know I am a coward but I don't have a choice this time. I will definitely get killed for what I've done if they find me."

"What did you do Master?"

I purse my lips and the flashbacks from last night pop into my head. The way he passionately kissed me back, the way we fell onto the bed and he continued without hesitation...

"N-nothing!" I say quickly, blushing.

"Knowing you Master, you definitely did something." Glean says and I can hear the amusement in her voice.

"Don't remind me." I groan. My head is still hurting and I am still hungover from all the drinks last night. Did I drink a lot because I was upset at the thought of Leon getting married?

I need to eat something to sober up and cure my headache.

"Master, your magic energy is quite low. You should try to increase it so you can protect yourself if I am not with you." Glean says.

She has mentioned it before but I was too caught up in other matters to listen to her advice. Now that I no longer have a job, I can concentrate on becoming stronger.

"I will definitely build my magic strength."

As we reach the foreign town, Glean slows down and descends onto an isolated rooftop.

"Is this place okay Master?"

I nod and glance around. There isn't anyone here. The house we are on looks lonely and separate from the rest of the town.

Glean flies onto the ground and I climb off her back before she transforms into her smaller body.

"Something is strange Master."

I can sense it too. There is something sinister about this house. I hesitantly knock on the door but there is no response.

"No one lives there anymore."

I turn around to see a middle aged woman who is carrying a basket full of strawberries.

"The house has been vacant since the old man died. No one dares to enter it because his spirit is rumoured to be inside."

"How did he die?" I ask curiously.

"He allegedly fell down the stairs and died on the spot. It was a week later when someone found his body. He had already started decaying. The man who found him said he saw the old man's ghost inside the house. It chased him out."

I stare at her, "Do you believe that?"

She frowns, "Of course. There is plenty of evidence to suggest that this house is haunted."

"What evidence?"

"Well, every night, there are voices which can be heard from inside. If no one lives here, who is making the noise? There's also the fact that whenever a new tenant dares to enter, they return screaming."

I narrow my eyes as I stare at the house. How much of what she has told me are rumours and how much is the truth?

"Leave it to me. I will get rid of the ghost." I say with a grin.

She looks surprised and shakes her head. "Good luck with that."

"Thank you."

After she has left, I turn to Glean. "Let's see what's inside."

Taking a deep breath, I step into the house. It is eerie with a musty smell. I can hear a faint sound coming from one of the rooms.

Pushing the door open, I  see a rocking chair swinging back and forth. My heart thumps loudly. There is no wind to cause it to swing. In front of the chair, a T.V is switched on. Is that where the voices have been coming from?

As soon as I enter the room, the chair stops swinging as if someone has stood up. Before I know it, a vase shoots towards me, cutting my cheek. I can feel the warm blood drip down my face as I look around. There is no one else here. Maybe the people are right. This must be the vengeful spirit of the previous owner.

I take a deep breath and hold up my palms in surrender. "I'm sorry I entered without permission but if you're dead, you need to leave. You can't stay here and keep hurting people."

The television suddenly flickers before switching off and sweat drips down my forehead as fear fills me. I feel a presence behind me and whip my head around. My arms are covered in goosebumps. There is no one else here.

"Glean, I think we need to cleanse this house." I say. She has mentioned before that there is a certain fire magic we can use to expel and exorcise evil spirits.

Glean flies in and together, we use our magic. I notice that mine is considerably weaker and I know it is because I haven't been working on improving my abilities and have also lost a lot of my magic energy.

The flames are blue and dance around the house. They are harmless to living beings so we are safe to stay inside.

A shrill scream of pain echoes suddenly and I shiver. Is that the spirit?

"We have got rid of the spirit. What now Master? Do you want to stay here?" Glean asks.

I shake my head. "It's creepy here. Let's find a better place." I say, still shivering.

She nods and we walk out of the lone house. Finding a place to stay proves to be difficult as every inn seems to be full. I drag my feet to the last inn and ask for a vacant room at the front desk.

"We do have one room left but it's pretty small if you don't mind that." The woman at the front says. She eyes me from head to toe, judging me.

"I'm fine with that." I plaster a smile and take out my money pouch. Fortunately, I still have it with me. "How much is it for a night?"

"I'll give you a discount since it's a small room." She smiles and holds up her fingers.

After handing her the amount, I follow her directions to the room. She was right. This room is only big enough for a single bed. There isn't much space to move around.

If I want to forget what happened, I don't mind staying here. It might be the last place anyone would look for me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9 3 11
This is collection of short stories, Each chapter contains a new and unique tale, ranging from fantastical adventures in far-off lands to poignant re...
111 7 12
"Look at you." He smiles against me. "So breathtakingly beautiful." - In a world where power is sought yet feared. A world where the Kings and Queens...
74.7K 8.7K 87
Elise's life is never a bore. With unusual parents, mad scientist brothers, and a little sister who aspires to be a witch, who can say that she is or...
928 132 53
"What would you rather? Floating in eternal darkness or...serving me? As my champion?" "Honestly? Neither, why in the world would I choose to be a se...