The Bad Batch - Mini Stories

By betheyes

A bunch of mini stories /one shots over a variety of settings. From modern to celestial to the wide universe... More

Plane - Part One (Alpha/Beta/Omega)
Plane - Part Two
Plane - Part Three = Final
Hold On (Tech x Echo)
Strong Heart (Wrecker x Crosshair)
A Miracle
A Warmth From Within
Things Left Unsaid (Tech x Crosshair)
Family Affair
Rogue (Brother's AU)
Perfect (Modern Au)
Make A Move
A Wish Provided by Happiness
Late Again (Wolffe x Howzer) & (Hunter x Crosshair)
A Protective Boyfriend (Fives x Crosshair)
His Surprise (Hunter & Omega - Father & Daughter)
What are you waiting for?
The Forgotten One
The Fairground
Mission 672
The Birds and The Bees
The Period
The Crash
There is love behind hate but is there truth behind lies
Angel of Darkness
A Father and His Son
The Pain Behind His Love (Hunter x Crosshair)
The Beauty of Art
One of Us (Past Rex x Cody = Obi-wan x Cody)
Lay It Down Slow
Judas
The Pack's Omega (Alpha/Beta/Omega)
Marry Me (Obi-wan x Cody)
School Pickup Should Be A Much Simpler Job (Past:HunxCross-CrossxFivesxMayday)
Technobabble (Tech x Crosshair)
The Tables Turned
A Dark Punishment
It Isn't In My Blood To Surrender
A Protector
It's Not Murder When They Deserved It (Crosshair x Echo)
The Titan's of the Bad Batch
A Lost Commander And Captain
Our Sister (Siblings)
Sixth Sense (Brothers)
A Second Chance (Brothers)
Taxi Service (Hunter x Crosshair)
A Job is a Job at the End of the Day
Family Is Closer Than You Think...
ToothFairy (Siblings)
See What Tomorrow Brings (Mystery solved amongst siblings)
A Dark Entity (Alpha/Omega's scenairo)
I'm Not Sorry (Crosshair x Hunter)
This is Why We Don't Touch Artefacts Wrecker!
Middle of the Night (Crosshair x Hunter)
How I Met Your Mother? (Hunter x Crosshair)
The Darkest Betrayal
The Truth
Last One Standing (Echo x Crosshair)
Strange Desires (Wrecker x Crosshair)
A Sick Marksman
Times Trap
The Plan (Tech x Crosshair)
A Missing Member
Date Night and/or Goodbye
Unwanted, But Needed
The Silence Behind The Sniper
Same Old Brand New
Enemy
Not the best news, but not the worst news...
A Protective Mother
Last Resort
Heart Made of Glass, Mind Made of Stone (Tech x Echo - Eventually)

The Ghost of the Desert

39 1 1
By betheyes

'Crosshair on the other hand is not much of a conversationalist but when you need to hit a precise target from ten clicks away, Crosshairs your man'

He heard them on a daily basis as he travelled through the desert, he had been left by the Empire long ago on Kamino where he met a bounty hunter who would not be named and helped him on the right path. He worked silently, using the natural weather to his advantage, the shadows of the dark sky during the night would help him remain hidden. 

Every day he would wake and see his brothers standing by his sides or against him. At first he didn't understand until he trusted a droid to remove the device in his head, the cause of his headaches, the one which destroyed his life turning him into the monster he is. Yes he was cold-hearted but not to the extent of what the chip has done to him. He had his limits and the Empire didn't care that he was out right murdering children and civilians. He couldn't live with himself and labelled himself unlovable.

He took up little jobs under a name which over the years had become a story the locals shared with any travellers, he lived in one place but travelled mostly. He wouldn't stay in one area too long and remained off radar especially when he heard over the comm chatter of both the rebels and Empires battles. 

One person knew he was alive and that was an older woman who had taken him in and helped him onto the right path. The same bounty hunter who saved his life after he almost took it. She was always there for him and was actually with the force but only he knew that. So when word got around that she died and many people found out she was a Jedi, he was quick to do as she asked and take her lightsaber and hide it. She has taught him the way of the force, little bits to protect himself since she could sense it in him. It was one of the main reasons why she believed the Empire kept him, almost like they knew. The village didn't question where her lightsaber was but when a group of rebels came in hopes to save her asked, only then did word get out. 

Crosshair! Pass over my grenade launcher, I want to show you something!

His head whipped left, he had ditched his helmet years ago and created a mask out of it with his helmet's features to keep himself hidden. Something was off, he looked down at the lightsaber on his belt and frowned, feeling something strange. He settled himself on one of the mountains in the desert and looked through his legendary scope only to frown. 

Three ships had landed in the village, he watched as the doors opened only to see more rebels who were recruiting others to fight. He grimaced seeing many volunteers while others ignored it all. 

"Ghost, we have a problem" 

Crosshair could only sigh, he knew who was on the other end. The one who watched over his ship. His best friend matched his attitude quite well. 

"Tinker, what is it?" 

"A couple of visitors have arrived claiming they work for the rebels and are asking for the ship's codes to access the data banks. They believe it's a stolen ship from a planet called Kamino, ringing any bells. I don't know what to do" 

"How many of them are there?" 

"Seven, one of them is a child" 

"What are they doing now?" 

"They are standing bored outside your ship, what do you want me to do?" 

"Stay put, I'm on my way. Activate the droids" 

"To kill?" 

"To watch over them, keep them alive and try not to destroy the droids" 

"Hey! I like recreating them, Ghost!" 

"Sure you do, keep me posted" 

"Of course dad" 

"Stay safe"

Crosshair could only groan, he shot through his scope aiming for the building above the hangar where any ships were stored. It took him a good ten minutes to zipline down and land silently on the top of the hangar. 

"Like I said, you will have to wait. The owner is on his way" 

"Why can't you give us the codes, this is clearly the Empires property" 

"Why are you so interested? No offence but you don't look like you work for the Empire, not with that armour" 

"We don't, we are mainly following a treasure trail in hopes to solve this Jedi case" 

"Who are you after?" 

"The one called Ghost, have you heard of them" 

"I have" 

"Care to share some information" 

"Nope" 

"Kid, look we are in a hurry so why don't you step aside and let us do our work" 

"No because this isnt your property, you can't just walk into places and expect them to kneel down and bide by your rules as for Ghost, it's not a treasure, it's a person" 

"Sure kid, let me be the judge of that" 

Tinker frowned, taking in the armoured individuals in front of him. He hoped Ghost got here quickly, yes he was his father. Ghost had raised him ever since his own mother had kicked him out when he was only two. He and Ghost ran into each other, of course Tinker knew Ghost's real name, it worked vice versa. Ghost had given Tinker his nickname after finding him pulling things apart. 

"Who are you?" Tinker asked, bored out of his mind as he fiddled with a new part for one of the droids as the other droids activated around the ship keeping the armoured individuals back. Who were in shock at the droids. 

"Defence protocol" Tinker murmured ignoring the individual tucked into his datapad. "Are you a droid?" Tinker asked the individual with the metal legs.

"No" 

Tinker could only shrug. The blond girl squeezed in between the giant  and the obvious leader to stand opposite him.

"We obviously got off to the wrong start, let's start again...My name is Omega, who are you?" Tinker only raised an eyebrow as he turned to look at a monitor. 

"Tinker" 

"What got you that name?" Omega asked, he only pointed at the droids and said, "My dad give it to me" he bluntly spoke. 

"Omega back away, something's not right"

Just as that was said all the lights went out plunging them all into darkness as did a smoke grenade, Tinker placed his night vision visor on only to watch as Ghost appeared, easily taking down the individuals in the area. 

Omega couldn't help but shout, "STOP! We are not the enemy!" Her scream and the fans clicking on followed by the lights turning back on caught Tinkers attention. 

The leader of the armoured individual found himself caught in hand to hand combat with the mysterious hooded figure who had caught them all off guard while the others were on the ground from being forced to the ground. 

"Dad, please let's hear them out then cook them later" Tinker turned to Ghost who nodded, he shoved away the leader of the said group and walked towards Tinker to place himself as a barrier.

"Now that the owner of the ship is here, ask away" Tinker said, moving behind his father but still in sight. 

"Look, we are sorry for barging in here but we caught a trail that someone has been using old code recognised to the rebel cause as a threat and if it's with the Empire that's even worse. Let's start over. My name is Hunter, this is Omega, Echo, Tech, Wrecker and Fives. We are…" 

"I know who you are and I suggest you leave" Ghost spoke in a distorted cold monotone voice, clearly hiding his voice from them all for reasons unknown to the others. 

Tinker looked up, pressing closer into his fathers side knowing something was off here. 

"We need to check these codes out," Tech insisted. Hunter on the other hand felt a familiar presence in the area. 

"Fine" Ghost moved over to the ship, he entered a code only to enter and reappear within two seconds. He handed over a small data chip to Tech and locked up his ship before walking back over to his son. 

"Tinker! Pick up! We have a problem! Tell your dad to get down to the bar pronto!" 

Tinker jumped hearing the radio going off, he raced over to the machine and started inputting a few codes into it. 

"Shit dad, we need to move. Pirates are raiding the bar again. Sandy needs help" 

Ghost could only nod, he then turned back to the group of men and the kid. 

"You have what you came for, now leave. I have stuff to do. Tinker let's go" 

With that said, the droids stood up to escort the batch out of the hangar. They didn't have a choice as they were forced out the door and had to move aside out of the way as a modified speeder took off into the sea of sand. 

"Tech, is there anywhere nearby to stock up?" Hunter turned to his engineer who nodded, gesturing to a nearby town a few miles from them. 

"Echo, Fives, head back to the ship. We will meet you in the nearby town" Hunter ordered, the twins could only share a grin as they headed off in the opposite direction. The four headed off for a supply run in the town unaware of what they were about to walk into. 

Tinker smirked as he drove them through the town, Ghost remained silent behind him watching out for anything. He froze seeing the familiar ship fly overhead and settle down in the space for the ships. Shaking his head, he passed Tinker his mask and cloak before the two entered the bar. Tinker instantly walked over to the bar and nodded at the barmaid who sent a fake smile his way meaning she got the message.

Ghost on the other hand vanished into the bodies of the criminals and scared villagers. He observed from the shadows as the leader of the so-called pirates demanded credits to be handed over. Many of them complied, Tinker was in his acting stage of being the barmaid's son. She smiled at him, hugging him to her side, she nodded towards a nearby camera knowing Tinker's father was in the room.

"Hey, You! I demand a drink! Get me one before I put a bullet in your freak of a son!" A pirate demanded, aiming his pistol at Tinker who flinched back into the barmaids arms.

"Drop the pistol" A cold montone distorted voice broke through the demands.

"Who's there?" The pirate whipped around only for smoke to cover the area, the pirates scrambled for their weapons only for them to not reach them on time.

In a blink of an eye, all pirates were outside and unconscious except the leader who found himself at the end of a very sharp knife. 

"Hey! Put it down! We get it! Don't come back!" The leader cried out when the knife dug into his skin, his crew groggily woke up as they all backed away. In fear of the hooded individual. He nodded and soon they all ran for their ship ignoring the villagers who smiled at the hooded figure whom they all protected. 

A hand on his shoulder turned him around, gentle fingers lifted his mask only to kiss his lips. He smirked and kissed back. The mask was lifted until only his eyes were covered. 

"Thanks Ghost" 

"Mum really" Tinker whined at the woman who had been part of his dad's life as much as his. 

"You will understand when your older" 

"I am older" 

"Your seven"

"Still older" 

"Sure you are my champ" 

Ghost smirked watching his lover and son tease each other. He pulled his mask back over his mouth, making sure it sat comfortable. 

"So, are you coming for dinner later?" Sandy asked. Ghost could only nod, he smirked underneath the mask as Tinker whined, "Dad what about the meteor shower?". Kneeling down, Ghost removed his module on the mask for a minute to disguise his voice. "We will have food then I will take you up the mountain to watch it" Tinker could only smile laughing and spinning around in circles. Ghost smirked, turning the module back on and kissing Sandy one last time as he walked in the direction of the speeder only to freeze on the spot. 

"Take cover!" Ghost shouted, Sandy and Tinker dove for the metal structure while Ghost dove behind something when he soon found a rocket aiming at the building above him. He didn't have much time as it crumbled down on him. Darkness covered his vision as he heard the screams of 'Ghost!' and 'Dad!' from his family. 

Tinker froze on the spot, where his dad had just been standing was now part of a crumbled building. A ship above did a circle before it flew into the sky. 

"Dad! Oh god! Dad! DAD!" Tinker ran over to the building trying his hardest to locate him. Sandy was in tears trying to help, they knew the man didn't die easily. They called for help, other villagers ran to help knowing the man underneath the rubble protected them all becoming the ghost of the desert. 

"Help! Someone get help!" A civilian shouted running in the direction of the ships to grab a few droids when they ran past the armoured batch. 

"Hey you! Big guy! Can you help us?" Sandy shouted over at Wrecker who only nodded. Hunter froze seeing Tinker from earlier, the little boy was in absolute tears, his mask in his hands. 

"Omega! Comfort him! Tech get in contact with the twins! We need the Marauder! Wrecker help me move some rubble!" Hunter fell straight into command seeing the distraught family, the least they could do was help. 

It took a good thirty minutes before they found the body, well that's what the villagers were calling it unaware that a distorted groan had all their heads turning even the batches. Sandy gasped Ghost was moving in her arms, she turned him on his side as she slipped the mask upwards so he could cough up whatever was on his chest. 

"Hey, I'm a part-medic. I can look at him back on our ship" Tech kneeled down beside Sandy who shared a 'look' with Tinker. Ghost only groaned moving his mask over his face, he shook his head to say 'no' when Sandy agreed. 

"His mask remains on" she warned with a glare. Tech could only nod. 

"Want me to carry him?" Wrecker asked only for the stubborn man to climb to his own feet and lean slightly on his partner. Sandy could only smile, she was a nat-born with brown hair. "I've got him, just lead the way. Tinker come" Sandy stated, Tinker remained very close to his parents. 

It took an extra ten minutes for the group to make it to the ship. 

"Welcome to the Havok Marauder, our home" 

"Woah!" Tinker cried out, he was directed by Omega to the cockpit under Fives watch while Sandy helped Ghost onto the medical bench in which he stubbornly sat up to get accessed.

"I need you to lay down so I can scan you for injuries" 

"Ghost please, after this we can leave" Sandy ran her hand down his side. Ghost contemplated for a few minutes until he nodded, he lay down so his head was beside Sandy. 

It didn't take long for Tech to scan him and offer a few bacta patches which Sandy helped put on underneath his armour. Tech was told to leave, the engineer was in shock by the demand of the woman. He nodded leaving her to help Ghost. 

"This place is cool, woah, you have a Gonk droid. Did you know that…" 

"Kid we don't need any more facts than what Tech gives out but we call it Gonky" Echo grumpily pointed out as Tech appeared in the body. 

"What is it, Tech?" Hunter asked, seeing the engineer's thinking face. Tinker looked up in concern. 

"Nothing, just going through the readings and I stumbled across something that only comes across in clones" 

"You think Ghost is a clone?" 

"I don't think, I know he is but why would he…" 

"Tinker, is he your biological dad?" 

"No, I was abandoned at the age of 2, dad found me and raised me with Sandy who walked into our lives three years ago. She's a mother to me" 

"Which makes me wonder. You are seven now, correct?" Tinker nodded. 

"Tech, please don't tell me your thinking what I'm thinking" 

"I think Ghost might be…" 

"HELP!" 

Tech whipped around moving back into the room to see Ghost vomiting in a bucket, blood was slipping out of his mouth and nose. Sandy was rubbing his back having removed a very famous 773 Firepuncher off his back. Tech was in shock seeing the weapon as he kneeled down. The mask covered his face but his mouth still showed. 

"What happened?"

"He was complaining of his head hurting and then the next he was vomiting. I grabbed the nearest bucket" 

"Oh okay, lay back down. There's a chance you may have a concussion" 

"I'm fine" Ghost said in montone once his mask was back in place. 

"Ghost" Sandy scolded the man she loved who shook his head. 

"It's fine, it's an old injury" Ghost lifted up his jacket revealing a dark scar which looked to be infected. 

"May I?" 

Ghost nodded at Tech's suggestion, the engineer sticking some gloves on and helping the wound. He had to cut into it, he was aware of how skinny the man was and it only made him frown. 

"Mother!" 

"Excuse me" Sandy called out, she slipped out the room only to frown. Tinker was squirming. She shook her head, "Is there a place he can relieve himself?" She asked. Fives was more than happy to point out the refresher rather than watch the boy squirm in place. She directed him into it while she waited outside. 

"I must apologise, I didn't catch your names" She said with a smile. Hunter instantly took command, "I'm Hunter, this is Wrecker, Echo, Fives, Omega and Tech is in there with Ghost" 

"Oh, so are you military?" 

"We are defective clones but we do not work for the Empire. I'm Omega!" The young girl with the tooka doll waved at her. 

"Nice to meet you all, I'm Sandy, Ghost's partner. I'm gathering there your nicknames to your numbers"

"More like our names, numbers make us uncomfortable" Fives teased earning himself a slap for his name being a number. Sandy could only smile helping Tinker wash his hands. 

"May I ask a question?" Sandy turned to her, "Yes". 

"Are Ghost and Tinker using nicknames?" 

"They are" 

"Why?" 

"To keep them safe, I don't know the full story but I know parts that make me stay quiet. I owe Ghost my life even if he doesn't see it that way, stubborn tooka and Tinker is his world so…" 

The door behind them opened revealing to be Tech helping a fully clothed, masked Ghost out of the door. 

"Do you really have to be so stubborn?" Sandy complained, taking Ghost's weight off Tech who smiled in thanks even though Ghost weighed next to nothing it was more his armour.

"Dad, are you alright?" Tinker turned to Ghost who could only nod, he patted his son's head. 

"What about the meteor shower? Can we still climb the mountain?" Tinker asked, Sandy gave Ghost an unimpressed look. He just nodded passing over his rifle which Tinker took, it was the size of the small boy who grabbed his cloak, waved bye and was out the door quicker than one could blink. 

"Oh me and you will be having words later but don't you dare keep him waiting" Sandy glared as she warned Ghost who nodded injecting himself with something out of his pocket. He then nodded in thanks giving the batch some credits, he directed his partner out of the ship. Slowly, he walked over to his son only to frown. 

He felt eyes on him, Tinker noticed him stopping and ran for his father who took his rifle back. Ghost froze seeing a ship heading straight for them. Sandy gasped, she turned to catch Hunter's attention, the leader urged the batch to get ready to take off but even Hunter knew they wouldn't be able to escape properly. 

"LEAVE THE SHIP! I REPEAT LEAVE THE SHIP!"

Hunters yell had them all moving, Omega grabbed Lula while the others ran for it picking up small things. Sandy picked Tinker up and ran while Ghost remained on the spot. 

"GHOST! MOVE!" 

"DAD!"

He was well aware of the shouts as he lifted the rifle to his eye level and took a deep breath in as he aimed and smiled. Pressing the trigger he shot twice and watched it connect with the troublesome pirates ship as it exploded in mid-air. He smirked when he turned around to see the gobsmacked faces of the batch and Sandy while Tinker ran for him. Ghost kneeled down pulling him into his chest, he stood up walking over to the gobsmacked batch. 

"Just who are you?" Echo questioned, Ghost could only smirk underneath the helmet as he nodded at Tinker who unclasped the mask from the back of his dad's head. Sandy smiled holding Ghost's hand as the mask was removed for the first time in a while in public, the visor remained on covering his eyes. 

"Crosshair!?" The shocked voices filled the area. Tinker smirked, hiding his face in his fathers neck.

"Hunter" The snake-like tone was back but not in a cold tone more in a warming teasing tone. The sergeant didn't say much after that while the others stood in confusion. Sandy rubbed circles on his hand while Tinker yawned. 

"What…how…where…" 

"It's good to see you Cross" Wrecker interrupted his stumbling leader. Crosshair could only nod. 

"What about your chip?" Tech asked the question.

"Gone…" 

"Tinker put it in a droid and now commands it to do as he wants" Sandy pointed out nudging her partner's side. Crosshair only smirked, his face showing emotions was strange to the batch. 

"Thank you but we must be going. I have a mountain to climb" Crosshair spoke in a tone unfamiliar to them, it sounded happy. Tinker grinned reattaching the mask knowing his father required it. The mask has an oxygen filter which Crosshair needed to breathe, a story for another time. Sandy smirked following her partner in the direction of the mountain. 

The batch watched with shock as their former member shot for the mountain and within seconds the family were on top of the mountain.

"Hunter, what do we do?" 

The sergeant of the batch could only sigh, looking at the mountain then back towards the exploded ship. 

"We say our goodbyes" Hunter muttered, walking towards the ship to think. Tech and Wrecker shared a look as they headed for the ship with the batch twins following while Omega had other plans. She pretended to look around only to run for the mountain where she found the rope. She climbed it, almost falling a couple of times, she was nearly at the top when she was ready to give up. A hand appeared out of nowhere pulling her up. 

"You just couldn't stay away could you?" Crosshair spoke in a teasing tone. Tinker was in his arms. 

"No, I want to talk" 

"After the meteor shower" 

"Okay" Omega looked around wondering what to do.

"Kid, lie down" Crosshair patted the space beside him. She nodded, moving to his side. The marksman didn't say anything as she cuddled close due to the cold air as she watched the meteor shower above.

"Omega you better report in before Hunter loses it" 

Crosshair almost jumped in fright hearing the commlink go off, he gasped how much time had passed. He looked at his wrist watch and frowned. That was Wrecker's voice. He groaned, noticing Omega had fallen asleep tucked into his side. 

"Your a natural" 

Crosshair turned his head to Sandy who could only smile. He removed his mask to share a kiss. Tinker was fast asleep in his mother's arms.

"I try" 

"I know, which is why I have some news to share with you" Sandy said with a gentle smile reaching for him. Crosshair smirked, kissing her and tucking her under his own chin. She laughed. 

"Do spill before I grow old here" He joked, he was well aware of clones rapidly ageing but he had fixed that for himself. He had seen someone who helped him live longer, that Jedi. 

"I'm pregnant, it worked" Sandy smirked as she caught her partner off guard. Crosshair was in shock until he snapped out of it pulling her in for a kiss of a lifetime.

"How far along?" 

"20 weeks" 

Crosshair could only smile wrapping an arm around Sandy who snuggled close, her thoughts as happy as his.

"So Ghost, how do you plan on getting us down?" 

Crosshair could only roll his eyes reaching for his rifle, he looked through it and aimed straight for the Havok Marauder which sat beside the mountain. Frantic bad batch members stood around it calling out for their missing member. Sandy smirked, climbing into the harness with Tinker attached to her, "See you at the bottom, you tooka" Crosshair grinned, pressing a kiss to her forehead before securing his mask and picking up Omega. He shouldered his rifle and ziplined after his partner. 

He landed silently on the roof of the ship where a smiling Sandy stood waiting for help to get down. 

"Are you looking for someone?" 

The snake-like tone had them all looking up only to frown, Crosshair stood on the end of the nose of the Havok Marauder with a sleeping Omega on his hip. The marksman climbed down with ease before helping Sandy and Tinker down as he passed Omega straight over to Wrecker who took her with a grin. Crosshair ignored Fives who smirked at him. 

"Crosshair, can we talk?" Hunter asked, Crosshair could only grin, taking Tinker off Sandy. 

"First, let's sleep on it. I will be around in the morning before you leave" Crosshair bluntly said moving over to the speeder he had just summoned, shocking them all. Sandy climbed onto it, she was behind Crosshair while Tinker was in a harness against the marksman's chest. 

Starting the engine, the batch were left watching the dust come off the back of the speeder as the ghost of the desert headed home for the night. This Ghost, none other than their former member, a marksman known to very few. Crosshair was alive and it shocked them all. The batch headed back into the ship and locked up for the night.

Elsewhere…

Ghost smirked to himself as he looked down at his lover and son curled up in the bed of his ship. He pressed his lips to their heads as he walked into the cockpit of his own ship and put his feet up contemplating the future. Was there anything on this planet anymore? Do they risk leaving? What was their next move? 

Oh well, he couldn't really care at this precise moment in time. He was so lost in his thoughts he hadn't realised Tinker was standing in front of him, begging to be picked up. Despite being seven, Tinker was tiny as Crosshair picked him up heading back towards the beds and he made sure the doors were locked as he noticed Sandy smiling muttering about her plan working. 

He removed all of his gear, mask and visor. Attaching a nasal oxygen module. He climbed in so he was holding both of them to his chest, hearing their heartbeats settle was one of the best things he could hear and feel. 

"Ghost?" 

"Hmm" 

"I love you" 

"Love you too" 

"Ghost" 

"Yes" 

"Remember to close your eyes, it still freaks Tinker out when your a sleep with your eyes open" 

"Uh-huh" 

After a few minutes, Crosshair smirked when silence filled the ship. A small frown filled his face as he felt pain lace through his eyes. An organ he would never regain sight of.

What many didn't know was that Crosshair had lost his sight a year ago and the visor he wore with the mask had special properties that he wouldn't be sharing to help him see but he was basically blind. His rifle had vibrations added to it to help direct him, it's why it may take a second longer but he could at least feel where to shoot. He could visualise it in his head but not see it. He had lost his sight due to all the tests the Kamionans had done to him over all them years through so-called tests which were more like torture. 

Thankfully, he had two loved ones who helped him whenever they could. Tinker was determined to get his sight back but Crosshair didn't mind as long as he could hold the two close he loved so much. He didn't care. With the visor and mask he could see almost everything. Without it he could feel like himself and feel emotions beyond his control for the ones he loved. 

One day he hoped the batch would understand his choice but for now, he would sleep and he would explain in the morning. He had made his decision, if they tried to convince him to return. He would explain he was home and not just another replacement. 

"Ghost, your thinking to hard" 

"Sorry" 

"Don't apologise, get some sleep" 

"Yes love" 

"Enough with the sarcasm" 

"Yes pet" 

"Ghost, I'm warning you" 

"Zzzzzz" 

"Tinker close your eyes" 

A giggle left his son's mouth as Sandy wacked up his head, he could only smile as laughter filled the ship for the last time before all three were asleep under the stars and security droids. It was like a chess game board from the outside. 

"I love you both" 

"We know Ghost, now sleep" 

Crosshair could only smile, closing his eyes and dreaming of his future child. Tinker was going to be an older sibling…

"Ghost!" 

"Sorry" 

Sandy only sat up, she could see the conflict in her lover's eyes. 

"I've got you, their not going to take you back to the torture halls. We are here for you" Sandy murmured, she kissed his head one last time, she counted his heartbeats until he fell asleep. Only then did she fall asleep knowing he was fully asleep. She wrapped a blanket around them all, a smile fell on her face as she caught sight of a shooting star on the monitor which she turned off. It was truly a happy time, she closed her eyes as darkness filled them. 

A desert Ghost had been found and yet he remained a legend followed by stories of the Ghosts family protecting the Desert Town nicknamed Ghost Town. Visitors came with more tales entertaining the young. Eventually the tale got around to the rebels where a certain batch worked. They smiled hearing the tales. Having inside information always helped. 

The morning after they had left Crosshair, they received a box of vials and needles with an explanation letter of Crosshairs reasons for never returning. The box was to stop the rapid-ageing which Rex made sure was produced in large batches. He thanked the batch by injecting them first when he asked where they got it, they made a story up about a kaminoan lab they stumbled across. Omega wasn't the best liar so her and Tech remained silent allowing the other three to explain. 

Even though the batch wasn't complete, they all knew that out in the universe was another batch member who was on call if they ever needed him but it would only be used as a last resort. 

While the batch fought the rebel wars, a former member was in the process of raising a family with the new addition named Hope. It would seem a miracle had been made from a legend.

The End…

5999 - An idea that turned into a short story!
Let me know what you thought in the comments below :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 89 11
🌥 - Fluff 😚 - Standard stuff 🍓 - Sexually suggestive (16+) 🍋 - Sexual sex (18+) ⛈ - Angst (please have caution) DM or comment your requests and I...
816 41 7
𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲 As the title suggests, this book contains one shots, specifically for the Bad Batch. Requests are open! You are welcome to include as...
14.8K 178 48
MHA/BNHA guys x reader one shots. No smut. SFW. Suggestions are welcome. Will do head cannons. Enjoy!!
624 9 11
A bunch of mini-stories / one shots over a variety of settings/scenery's set in the Clone Wars. From modern to celestial to fantasy to anything in th...