๐…๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐๐ฌ | ๐’. ๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ซ...

By kelani_b

[ BOOK 1] What the hell are we? Tell me we weren't just friends This doesn't make much sense. More

Prologue
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43: The Finale.

25.

1.2K 38 22
By kelani_b

Omniscient.
Oakland, CA.

Stephen and his family touched down in Oakland around noon and he was ready to see his girl. He saw online that she was hanging around Klay a lot these past few weeks, so he made a mental note to ask her what that was about.

He helped Ayesha get all their bags into his Range Rover. He buckled Riley, Ryan and Canon into their car seats and closed the door when he was done.

"Stephen, are you gonna drive or should I?" Ayesha asks while putting her sunglasses on.

"You take the kids home. I'll see y'all later." He replied.

Ayesha eyes widened. "And where the hell are you going?"

He huffed. "I think you know where I'm going."

"Are you serious right now? What about the kids?" She drew her head back in confusion. The family spent a few weeks away from the Bay and she thought some time away might do her marriage some good but clearly Steph is still hooked on his mistress.

"We just got back from a trip. I think I spent adequate amount of time with the kids." He said sternly. "What I said about us being over still stands."

Ayesha rolled her eyes. "You know happens when you leave me, right? That still stands as well."

"Ayesha, just stop! You're not scaring anybody." He muttered while pulling his phone out to ordering an Uber to Alani's house.

"You should be scared though!" She glared at him. "Do you really want to play this game?"

"You're really willing to let the kids suffer because I don't wanna be with you anymore? What kind of parent are you?"

"A damn good one!" Ayesha countered. "I'm the only one trying to save this family."

"You're destroying this family, that's what you're actually doing." Stephen shook his head. "Leaving now is better than traumatising them down the line with this facade of marriage we have. They don't deserve that and neither do you."

"I know what I deserve, and that's to make this work!" Ayesha responded.

Stephen sighed heavily, feeling defeated. He didn't know what he could say to make himself clear.

"Man, whatever. I'm not gonna keep going back and forth with you." He waved her off and watched as his Uber approached. "Like I said before, this is over. I'm going to be with Alani whether you like it or not."

"Okay. I got something for yo ass." She smirks before getting into the car and slamming the door shut.

Might have to contact Wesley sooner than I expected, she thought.

On the other side of town, the vibes at Alani's house were immaculate.

Alani decided to host a little barbecue at her house. No special occasion, the gang just hadn't seen each other in a minute. Plus, it's been 2 weeks post Klay's surgery. Recovery would be difficult so Alani wanted to make the process as smooth as possible for him.

Alani laughed to herself as she watched Klay hobble over to the kitchen where she was making tamales.

"Look at you cutting raw meat without throwing up." Klay teased.

She was 8 weeks pregnant now and the morning sickness had died down a bit. She wasn't showing yet, as the baby was only the size of a raspberry by now.

"Keep it up and you ain't eating today." Alani warned.

"Okay, I'm sorry." Klay snakes his arm around her waist from behind. "How are you feeling today?"

"I'm good. We're both doing good." She replied.

"You still haven't heard from Steph?"

Alani shook her head.

I get that he's busy and shit, but a simple text would've been nice. Ayesha must be stressing him the fuck out, she thought.

"I ain't tripping about that though. We're having a good day." She changed the subject.

"Yeah, we are. You haven't yelled at me yet." Klay lightly kissed Alain's neck making her giggle.

Tiana walked into the kitchen and smiled at their interaction and decided to capture the moment. She never left the house without her camera.

"Tee, did you just take a picture of us?" Alani asked.

"Y'all look cute together." She shrugged.

Tiana noticed the chemistry between Klay and Alani. She knew Alani was in love with Stephen, but exploring things with Klay wouldn't hurt. Plus, he was actually a free man. Things with Steph would only get more complicated, especially with the baby on the way.

"Oh, we moved the party in here?" KD asked, with an arm wrapped around Gia as they walked into the kitchen. Soon Hazel, Draymond, Jackson and Quinn followed behind them.

"Aww, y'all so cute." Hazel said, making everyone turn to Alani who was still wrapped in Klay's embrace.

"Alright, y'all need to get out of my kitchen, right now." She mugged Hazel. "And Klay, you've been standing on your feet for way too long. Rest that knee."

"Yes, ma'am." Klay nodded and took a seat by the kitchen island.

"So, what's good with y'all?" Draymond eyed them suspiciously.

"Mind your business, Dray." Klay responded.

"What y'all should be worried about is them two over there." Alani pointed at K and Gia. "What's up with y'all?"

Kevin and Gia looked at each other.

"We vibin'." Gia said and K agreed.

"So that means you're staying with the Warriors, right?" Tiana wiggled her eyebrows.

"Wait, he's a free agent now?" Gia asked, looking dumbfounded. "I didn't know that." She looked at Kevin.

"Ah shit, Tee. You done pissed Gia off. He's not resigning now." Dray said.

"Boy, shut up. If anything, he'll leave because of yo ass. We saw you yelling at him during the regular season. Thought we forgot?"

"Man, that was a long time ago. Right, Kevin?"

KD kissed his teeth. "How did we even get to this conversation?"

"I don't know. But I think we should take a shot." Gia held up a bottle of Hennessy.

"Nah, fuck that Henny. We got Lobos right here."

Here he go with dickriding shit, KD thought.

"Draymond, is dickriding all you do?" Quinn asked making us all laugh. "Got Lebron dick all in ya mouth."

"You just mad because you don't have access to the good stuff like I do."

"Nigga, please." Quinn huffed. "Hazel, looks like you might have some competition."

"Nigga, pause." Jackson said.

"What you tryna say, Jax?" Draymond turned to Jackson.

"We taking a shot or not?" Tiana chimed in.

She poured everyone a shot and of course someone had to notice Alani not taking one with everyone.

"Lani, you're sober for real." Quinn noted.

"Yeah, I'm putting the bottle down for now." She chuckled awkwardly.

After a few minutes, the tamales were finally ready and everyone fixed themselves a plate. Draymond was the first one to let everyone know that he was taking the leftovers home.

Unbeknownst to the group, a frustrated Stephen was making his way towards the house. He frowned at the multiple cars outside and prayed he wasn't about to interrupt anything important.

Stephen unlocked the door and saw all of his friends gathered around the dining area. His eyes particularly shifted to Alani who had her arms around Klay who was sitting in the chair in front of her.

That looks real cozy, he thought.

"Aye, Stephen! When did you get here?"

He snapped out of his thoughts and went around the room to greet everyone.

"How's that knee doing, bro?" He asked Klay.

"It's good. Starting rehab next week. Alani's taking care of me. Life is good." Klay boasted.

"That sounds good. I'm happy for you bro." He dapped him up. "Ally, can I talk to you?"

She nodded and followed Steph outside where they had more privacy.

"The fuck is that about?" He asked, getting straight to the point. "I leave for a few weeks and you're all up on my teammate."

Alani scowled. "You haven't responded to any of my messages over the past few weeks and the first thing you do is ask me about some bullshit. Wow, Wardell."

"I told you that I was gonna be busy." He defended himself. "I'm doing the best can."

"Sometimes your best isn't enough."

"We both knew this wouldn't be a walk in the park, Ally. I've been under so much stress lately. I just had a big fight with Ayesha and now this." He ran his hands over his face. "It's a lot."

Alani sighed deeply. "Well, how about I make it easy on you? Go back to your wife and kids and leave me the hell alone!"

"You don't mean that." He shook his head in disbelief then stepped closer to her. "We made a promise."

"I-I don't think I can do this anymore." She held back tears.

Alani got emotional just thinking about leaving Stephen again but she had greater things to worry about now. Her baby.

"We both clearly have other things to focus on right now."

Those works felt like a dagger through Stephen's heart.

Don't do this to me now, he thought. I need you.

"You weren't saying all this before you started hanging around off-brand me." He replied.

Alani rolled her eyes at how egotistical Steph was being. "Well, at the moment, he's a free man who's actually making me a priority. On one leg and all."

"Don't give up on us that easily! I made you a promise and I'm not planning on breaking it." He pleaded. She almost caved right there, but her mind had to be stronger than her heart right now.

"Let's just take a break so you can figure all this shit out, Wardell. I'm not playing second fiddle to anybody this time. I'm worth more than this." She waved her hands between them.

"Ally-"

"No, Wardell!" She interrupted him. "I can't do this shit anymore. Let's just take a break."

He chuckles lowly. "We both know you'll never love him like you love me."

"It's not even about Klay."

Stephen scoffed. "If you say so."

Stephen had tears in his eyes but he wasn't going to let her see him cry.

He cleared his throat. "I'm gonna head out. You have fun."

He gave her one last glance before walking away.

"You're not staying?" Hazel asked, noticing the change in Steph's energy.

"Uhh, Ayesha just called. I need to rush over there real quick." He lied.

"Is everything okay?"

He nodded his head and rushed out the door.

"The fuck was that about?" Draymond looked confused.

Hours later, everyone had finally left Alani's house. Now she was alone with her thoughts.

Stephen and I always have to go through the most in order to be happy. I'm not sure if I'm ready for that. We can't get back together right now. Not until he officially divorces her. I don't need that negativity around me or my child. And clearly, Ayesha was willing to do anything to keep him.

Alani's thoughts were interrupted when she heard a loud noise from downstairs. It sounded like glass shattering. Fear took over at the thought of someone breaking into her house while she was alone.

She rushed over to her bedroom door and locked it. Her first instinct was to call Stephen and she did exactly that.

"Pick up, Wardell." She practically begged while staring at the screen.

Stephen got startled as he heard his phone ring.

Not now, Ally, he thought and declined her calls.

When he got back to his house, it was awfully quiet. When he walked upstairs, he noticed that nobody was home and that some of the kid's things were missing. Ayesha really took his kids from him.

"FUCK!" Steph threw his phone against a nearby wall, feeling frustrated with himself.

Alani clearly wasn't getting through to Steph's cell, so she called Klay who answered quickly.

"Klay, I think someone's trying to break into my house. Get here now, please."

Authors note.
Finally updated, this was kind of rushed. Looks like #Walani is over for now. Who broke into Alani's house though? Let me know what you think.
Also,

Happy 35th birthday to my favourite person. Love you, Stephen. 🫶🏽🥳
Don't forget to vote and comment.
- Kelani 💕💕💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

218K 9.3K 65
If you haven't read the first book, I suggest you go read it first! It's a story worth reading! Featuring a lot of your favourite high school/colleg...
1.3K 13 7
Short story, fan fiction about an old friend reuniting with basketball superstar Steph Curry and the awkward moments she faces during the course of a...
88.1K 2.1K 30
"ษชแด› สŸแดแดแด‹๊œฑ สŸษชแด‹แด‡ แด˜แด€ษชษขแด‡ แด€ษดแด… แด„แด€แดษชสŸสŸแด‡ แด€ส€แด‡ แดกแดส€แด‹ษชษดษข แด€ษขแด€ษชษด๊œฑแด› แด‡แด€แด„สœ แดแด›สœแด‡ส€ แดษด แด›สœแด‡ แด„แดแดœส€แด›, แด„แดแดแด˜แด‡แด›ษชษดษข? แด€ษดแด… ษชแด›๊œฑ แดกแดส€แด‹ษชษดษข! ษช'แด แด‡ ษดแด‡แด แด‡ส€ ๊œฑแด‡แด‡ษด ส™แด‡แด›แด›แด‡ส€ แด˜สŸแด€ส๊œฑ ษชษด ษดแด„แด€แด€ สœษช๊œฑแด›แดส€...
14.9K 683 16
"๐—ถ๐—ณ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚'๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด, ๐—ถ'๐—น๐—น ๐—ด๐—ฒ๐˜ ๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚. ๐—ถ๐—ณ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚'๐—ฟ ๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด, ๐—ถ'๐—น๐—น ๐—ด๐—ผ ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐˜„๐—ป ๐˜„...